collapse

Author Topic: Can any answer any of these question and help me out?  (Read 397 times)

Offline MegaMabe3210

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 12, 2016, 09:30:38 AM
  • "what comes around goes around" or vice versa
Can any answer any of these question and help me out?
« on: May 09, 2016, 09:47:08 AM »
Hello everyone! I have few questions regarding Fighter Factory that I want to make clear and understand because this is frustrating me and it's driving me insane.   :help:  :stars:  :scratch:  ~X(

I would like to know if using MS Paint is bad for Fighter Factory and MUGEN? What I mean is... After you finish spriting or frankenspriting a character your working on and you save that character, and then you go to Fighter Factory and you upload his/her sprites.... would that character color palette will appear correctly and the colors won't get distorted or anything like that. Do I have to use another editing program so I can have my char's palette to come out properly when I go to test that char out and he doesn't look bad in colors? Also I want to get rid of that pink background as well. I have followed the available tutorials out there but it seems that it's not working for me and I'm tired of seeing those stupid pink background color and the char's color palette not working right. ( I do also have Adobe Photoshop and GIMP. I don't like using GIMP much because to me it's weird to use and the saving process is very odd.)
What types of editing programs does MUGEN really accept/read so that when you make or edit a character is reads them properly and doesn't give you a hard time?

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: Can any answer any of these question and help me out?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 10:12:52 AM »
Hello everyone! I have few questions regarding Fighter Factory that I want to make clear and understand because this is frustrating me and it's driving me insane.   :help:  :stars:  :scratch:  ~X(

I would like to know if using MS Paint is bad for Fighter Factory and MUGEN? What I mean is... After you finish spriting or frankenspriting a character your working on and you save that character, and then you go to Fighter Factory and you upload his/her sprites.... would that character color palette will appear correctly and the colors won't get distorted or anything like that. Do I have to use another editing program so I can have my char's palette to come out properly when I go to test that char out and he doesn't look bad in colors? Also I want to get rid of that pink background as well. I have followed the available tutorials out there but it seems that it's not working for me and I'm tired of seeing those stupid pink background color and the char's color palette not working right. ( I do also have Adobe Photoshop and GIMP. I don't like using GIMP much because to me it's weird to use and the saving process is very odd.)
What types of editing programs does MUGEN really accept/read so that when you make or edit a character is reads them properly and doesn't give you a hard time?

You can use what ever software you want to make the sprites but you have to convert them to 256 colors before you import them into the character. You also need to make sure that that "stupid pink background color" is in index 0 of the 256 colors. You won't be able to do that in MS Paint so you'll need to find another option to convert the sprites to 256 colors first. That option could be Fighter Factory itself, or Gimp or a variety of other ways. Click the link below to understand more:

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/infinity.wiki/mediawiki/index.php?title=Index

Offline MegaMabe3210

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 12, 2016, 09:30:38 AM
  • "what comes around goes around" or vice versa
Re: Can any answer any of these question and help me out?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 10:55:31 AM »
Okay Acey... I'll defenetly check out that link you gave me and thank you for responding and answering my questions that I've posted. Much appreciation on that. Many thanks and Peace.  :Terry :) O0

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar