collapse

Author Topic: evil sean  (Read 2432 times)

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
Re: evil sean
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2007, 03:03:19 AM »
Actually... to tell you the truth, that's only PARTIALLY right.

See, Gouken went out of his WAY to ensure that Ryu wouldn't enter Satsu no Hadou. But he did.

So it's highly possible that Sakura and Sean could enter it despite not having the training...

Also, since you didn't answer, I'll say it myself, Shin means "True". Shin Akuma is basically Akuma not holding back.

"Shin" simply means a person is showing their true colors. In terms of Akuma, he always fights first with half his strength. When he feels his fighter's worthy, he'll fight his opponent with his full power. However, "Shin Akuma" in not a mode, but just a term stating "The True Akuma".

Already answered. Re-read my post  8)

I already said that it's possible for Sakura to somewhat  become "Dark", but it won't happen because she wasn't taught Ansatsuken properly, but is just imitating. Same thing as Sean. Satsui no Hadou is not a technique like a Hadouken, but based on principle or a state of mind. If that's the case, then Guile and Chun-Li and everyone else who's ever been "determined" to win can and will get into that state of being influenced by Satsui no Hadou. You have to properly train in something AND have been shown something in order to understand the principles in how to accomplish something like Satsui no Hadou, thus gaining the chance to actually DO it. Without that knowledge, it will not happen, thus the reason why Sakura and Sean NEVER reached that state of Satsui no Hadou.

« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:11:08 AM by sabaki »

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2007, 03:14:57 AM »
*announcer voice*

This day videogame's history lesson has been brough
to you by Sabaki-sama
;*))

------------------------------

on a serious note, that's not exclusive for Street Fighter...
same thing happened with Orochi e_e

No, "Orochi" characters are different from "Evil" characters.

"Orochi" characters (Yashiro, Yamazaki, Iori, Leona, Chris, Shermie, Goenitz, Magaki, Mukai, Rugal) all have their abilities stem from Orochi, and most (everyone but Yamazaki, Iori, Leona, and to an extent, Rugal) are actually his "messengers" (like disciples).  However, not everyone can use the power of the Orochi, most notably Rugal (Iori even told him that since he's not of the bloodline, he can't control the power), which is why Orochi characters in Mugen (everyone but those I listed) are not canon and don't make any sense even with a story given, since 1: they usually deal with Orochi "blessing" them with his power, and 2: most don't have any theme as it is (all "messengers" of Orochi represent a certain element, which is shown in their moves) to distinguish from another "messenger".
Errrr....that's what i ment , that most people mistake "orochi" as
a synonym of evil e_e
(you know the same way as it happends with the "satsui no hado"  8=|

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2007, 03:24:47 AM »
*announcer voice*

to you by Sabaki-sama
;*))

"Orochi" characters (Yashiro, Yamazaki, Iori, Leona, Chris, Shermie, Goenitz, Magaki, Mukai, Rugal) all have their abilities stem from Orochi, and most (everyone but Yamazaki, Iori, Leona, and to an extent, Rugal) are actually his "messengers" (like disciples).  However, not everyone can use the power of the Orochi, most notably Rugal (Iori even told him that since he's not of the bloodline, he can't control the power), which is why Orochi characters in Mugen (everyone but those I listed) are not canon and don't make any sense even with a story given, since 1: they usually deal with Orochi "blessing" them with his power, and 2: most don't have any theme as it is (all "messengers" of Orochi represent a certain element, which is shown in their moves) to distinguish from another "messenger".
a synonym of evil e_e

Ditto. Orochi and Satsui no Hadou are not the faces of evil. While Satsui no Hadou is an easier explanation, Orochi is a different monster to tackle (no pun intended). If it where the '90s when I was a huge KOF fan, I would've wrote pages of posts going over what Orochi is. Thank goodness it's not the '90s because during that time I had no life  :D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 03:29:19 AM by sabaki »

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2007, 05:06:34 AM »
It's funny how Akuma & Ryu (as well as Ken) always get an "evil" version. You all should understand that that's a "non-Japanese" concept, right? For starters, the whole "Evil Ryu" from SF Alpha was a mistranslation from the Japanese "Satsui no Hadou ni Mezameta Ryu", which does not translate into "evil", nor was Ryu "evil" in his actions under this state (just desperate enough to wipe the floor with his opponent without a care of how far he should go in order to accomplish that). Nor is Akuma "evil", or was he ever "evil", and Shin Akuma doesn't associate him as being "evil". And "Violent Ken" isn't even a proper translation of what Ken actually was in SvC Chaos, which was brainwashed & programmed to fight in a heartless manner. M. Bison's evil (probably the only true evil character in the SF series), while Gill's not evil but because he's a boss....

Evil Dan was a made up concept (forgot who made that character) only, and according to how Capcom develeoped him, he lacks focus and a proper grip on reality to even get to an "evil" state. Dark Sakura (really just sunburned, but whatever) is possible, in terms of her drive to win. If she ever learned Ansatsuken properly and gets to understand what triggers Satsui no Hadou better, then that's a possibility. And an Evil Sean just isn't possible unless he's shown & trained in that way, which is something even Ken doesn't (and will not) go.

Seems like outside of Japan, a determined character that fights to win with a colder intention is considered "evil"  \-/o. This is just an example of why ALOT of the storylines and character personalities in games in the past have not been properly translated into English  <_<|...|
I have reason to believe that Bison used some type of Orochi in his experiments when he Brainwashed Ken. In that one hyper attack One of Rugals skulls come out. He also has purple hadokens and shoryukens like Gouki, and in the vs series when Rugal dies he pours his Orochi into Gouki causing Goukie to have white hair (Shin Gouki in previous games before that had Red hair).

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 05:10:09 AM »
In order to really understand about Ryu and the others you need to understand asian culture. I'm not gonna elaborate on it that long, since it'll become a history lesson, but an ambitious person who fights coldly is not "evil"unless they disregard innocent human life, nature, and pretty much have intentions that are not beneficial for anyone besides themselves. Akuma isn't evil for the fact that he only fights people that are as strong or stronger than him.
Wait a second, in his ending in SFA3 he blew up an entire submarine. Many innocents I'm sure died in that attack.

Offline johnnydancer

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 05, 2012, 08:10:56 AM
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2007, 06:08:20 AM »
haha so is any one gonna make up a sean who doesnt care about the way he defeats his oponent? is that the politically correct way? and why when your making a char does it have to stick to capcom storylines? the whole point of mugen is so we dont need to stick to a story line is it not?
Johnny Dancer :)

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:April 07, 2024, 12:00:35 PM
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2007, 07:42:27 AM »
haha so is any one gonna make up a sean who doesnt care about the way he defeats his oponent? is that the politically correct way? and why when your making a char does it have to stick to capcom storylines? the whole point of mugen is so we dont need to stick to a story line is it not?

Yeah.....Orochi Kyo doesn't make sense.....Holy Akuma makes even less I swear I want to see NON-SHOTOCLONE EVIL CHARACTERS...Like....awww COME ON IT'S KINDA OBVIOUS WHO I WANT!!!
...but a B. Hayato would be fine too...as well as a Kuro Ky (My private edit isn't fine too) and a Dark Elysia (Ciel)...oh while we're at it Zombie Liu Kang, Dark Raiden, *bla bla bla evil versions of characters that aren't shotos*

Offline johnnydancer

• Initiate
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2007, 07:49:45 AM »
zombie liu kang would be amazing! see i m a big fan of the shotos love em my fav chars ever so thats why i want as many as i can get, also love all the marvel chars cant wait for the symbiote spiderman

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2007, 11:06:35 AM »
I have reason to believe that Bison used some type of Orochi in his experiments when he Brainwashed Ken. In that one hyper attack One of Rugals skulls come out. He also has purple hadokens and shoryukens like Gouki, and in the vs series when Rugal dies he pours his Orochi into Gouki causing Goukie to have white hair (Shin Gouki in previous games before that had Red hair).

Sennou Ken (forget the full Japanese name) from SvC Chaos isn't canoned by Capcom of Japan, nor was he made up by Capcom of Japan. SvC Chaos was made by SNK Playmore and scripted by them. I believe Capcom just gave their approval of their direction. In that respect, Sennou Ken (aka Violent Ken as we all know him in English) can be using ANY type of power, from Satsui no Hadou, Orochi, to even Lvl 2-Saiyan  ;*))  Anyways, since Capcom of Japan no longer have the license over anything related to SF anymore (Capcom of America has the rights last I heard), there's no chance for Sennou Ken to get canoned or get a thorough explanation of what he was brainwashed/under the influence of. As for everything that took place in CvS & SvC series, none of it happened because it's not canoned. The combination of Rugal using Satsui no Hadou or Gouki being infused with Orochi powers was all made up just for the hell of it. It's a what-if in possibly the greatest video game collaboration in history.

Wait a second, in his ending in SFA3 he blew up an entire submarine. Many innocents I'm sure died in that attack.

Alot of people thought the same thing (I was one of them as well), but no he didn't blow up the submarine with that attack. Instead, Akuma destroyed an abandoned (sunken?) ship and the submarine was there to witness it. I had to get confirmation on that a long time ago. Check the ending again, I believe you can still see the submarine in the distance. If not, then it's been confirmed in the SF Anthology (sp?) that Akuma destroyed an abandoned ship and not the submarine (which is why I repeat he is not evil, for he doesn't intention go out to hurt innocent people).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2007, 11:10:11 AM by sabaki »

Offline johnnydancer

• Initiate
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2007, 11:50:03 AM »
are we gonna have an exam on this stuff? should i be taking notes?

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2007, 04:04:27 PM »

If you want to. If you don't want your thread hijacked anymore, I could split the thread....

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2007, 04:25:21 PM »
*announcer voice*

to you by Sabaki-sama
;*))

a synonym of evil e_e

Ditto. Orochi and Satsui no Hadou are not the faces of evil. While Satsui no Hadou is an easier explanation, Orochi is a different monster to tackle (no pun intended). If it where the '90s when I was a huge KOF fan, I would've wrote pages of posts going over what Orochi is. Thank goodness it's not the '90s because during that time I had no life  :D
Oww....and here i was hoping my for comment to trigger
another videogame history lesson LOL

You betcha! XD

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2007, 04:46:48 PM »
Oww....and here i was hoping my for comment to trigger
another videogame history lesson LOL

You can start it off if you want. I'm abit rusty on the Orochi history thanks to the whole NEST business  >:P

Offline Ryu the Weredragon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2015, 12:42:40 AM
  • They don't call him RYU for nothing!
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »
And really, it's less Ken not wanting to teach Sean something that could lead to the Satsu no Hadou than Ken not really training Sean at all.

He told him to go find and fight Ryu because he was tired of him. :P Jerk.

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 01, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
  • I'm different than before, I'm wearing new shoes!
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2007, 10:35:23 PM »

Yeah.....Orochi Kyo doesn't make sense.....Holy Akuma makes even less I swear I want to see NON-SHOTOCLONE EVIL CHARACTERS...Like....awww COME ON IT'S KINDA OBVIOUS WHO I WANT!!!
...but a B. Hayato would be fine too...as well as a Kuro Ky (My private edit isn't fine too) and a Dark Elysia (Ciel)...oh while we're at it Zombie Liu Kang, Dark Raiden, *bla bla bla evil versions of characters that aren't shotos*
shhhhh don't say that out loud... err i mean uhhh
back from the dead

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2007, 03:55:02 AM »
Quote from: Baiken's sig
I am the key of my computer
Keyboard is my body, and Internet is my blood.
I have posted over a thousand rants
---Not to be ever shut up
---Not to be ever understood.
Have withstood sarcasm to write down many lines
Yet those words will never mean anything
---So as I type, Wall of Text.
.....At most of Sabaki's post

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2007, 08:36:59 PM »
Quote from: Baiken's sig
I am the key of my computer
Keyboard is my body, and Internet is my blood.
I have posted over a thousand rants
---Not to be ever shut up
---Not to be ever understood.
Have withstood sarcasm to write down many lines
Yet those words will never mean anything
---So as I type, Wall of Text.
.....At most of Sabaki's post
8)

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #42 on: September 21, 2007, 09:28:37 PM »
WoW I just learned a lot of SF story. Now I can use it in my real life...err...well...at least I know. Sabaki you sure know you SF backstory. Maybe a "ask sabaki" thread? :D

Thanks DG!

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2007, 12:05:44 AM »
There IS a plot guide on Gamefaqs....

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2007, 01:45:14 AM »
There IS a plot guide on Gamefaqs....

Exactly, one everyone should download and read for a few days (it's like a book, considering its size).

Offline Ryu the Weredragon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 18, 2015, 12:42:40 AM
  • They don't call him RYU for nothing!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2007, 02:27:17 AM »
Though, if you guy by the plot guide, your comment about Sakura never being able to go into Satsu no Hadou is just a theory you made up.

Offline Saber Alter

• Best Saber
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Best Girl
    • LordKurow
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 22, 2007, 03:29:07 AM »
It's a "What-If"

Offline Gold_TSG

• Contributor
  • Last Login:May 15, 2015, 03:44:25 AM
  • Palette God
« Reply #47 on: September 23, 2007, 05:47:34 PM »
*Waits for Shin Lvl2 Sean*

That char is just stupid. Sean didn't even have the power to go Shin, so how does Shin lvl 2 make any sense? It doesn't, that's how.

Offline Zeswai

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2009, 06:29:50 PM
« Reply #48 on: September 23, 2007, 06:31:47 PM »
If you read his story, which I did, he left his teacher for a new one named Akuma thus giving him the training need to go Dark.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2007, 10:29:13 PM by Zeswai »

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #49 on: September 23, 2007, 08:42:59 PM »
I know this is completly random
but I'd like to mention something weird

I was playing Samurai Showdown 2
on SNES yesterday
and when I won with one guy he said
"No.., I'm not Related to Guy from Final Fight"
XD

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal