collapse

Author Topic: Character, TV show, Comic, Stage Debate  (Read 1354 times)

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 27, 2015, 06:40:10 PM
  • Did I say that I cared?
    • Email
Character, TV show, Comic, Stage Debate
« on: April 14, 2009, 11:25:27 AM »
We will Debate here about anything really. You think one char is better than another debate it here.

So far we are at Marvel Tv shows vs DC Tv shows.

I love both but when it comes to picking plotlines i say marvel has alot more action and slightly better characters.  Only recently have I had an interest of DC characters over marvel. I mean teen titans has interesting characters and plotline. Its not too serious or too comical.

When it comes to character development though marvel has the cake. They are more detailed. they have a scientific understanding of their characters powers. They have books that explain why some powers wouldn't work in real life. for instance did you know that if you put light through ruby quartz it would refract just like any other diamond. thusly cyclops glasses wouldn't work.

DC is plague with some hated characters or character alterations that were bad choices. Aquaman was cool i thought when he had his helmet and trident. He is useless on land but i can also say the same about Namor. Superman has too many powers and only one drawback. The times when he died dont really count sense he didnt really die.

post your debate here and start a new one when you finish the last one.

CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: Character, TV show, Comic, Stage Debate
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:33:58 AM »
We will Debate here about anything really. You think one char is better than another debate it here.

So far we are at Marvel Tv shows vs DC Tv shows.

I love both but when it comes to picking plotlines i say marvel has alot more action and slightly better characters.  Only recently have I had an interest of DC characters over marvel. I mean teen titans has interesting characters and plotline. Its not too serious or too comical.

When it comes to character development though marvel has the cake. They are more detailed. they have a scientific understanding of their characters powers. They have books that explain why some powers wouldn't work in real life. for instance did you know that if you put light through ruby quartz it would refract just like any other diamond. thusly cyclops glasses wouldn't work.

DC is plague with some hated characters or character alterations that were bad choices. Aquaman was cool i thought when he had his helmet and trident. He is useless on land but i can also say the same about Namor. Superman has too many powers and only one drawback. The times when he died dont really count sense he didnt really die.

post your debate here and start a new one when you finish the last one.

I think the hated characters are your opinions. DC fans dont hate Aqauman, and Thor and Hulk are just as annoying powerwise if not more than Superman. Look how many times the Hulk has unfairly pummeld Thing or Juggernaut Just because he keeps getting stronger. It doesnt realy sound like youre talking about the animated series so much as you just dont seem to like the DC characters in general.

DC fans love the characters though :-??

Like I said before the Marvel toons are way more youth oriented. Can you site some examples of how these toons are more detailed? Because every JLU episode explains all kinds of gene, and Metahuman DNA experimentation, and gets in depth into Kryptonian physiology. As far as comics go the general complaint is that DC is too mature, and Science Fiction oriented, and their Legendary writers are over the heads of the fans. (Alan Moore, Frank Miller, Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, ect) Marvel is indeed the more "action orient company" but DC is generally regarded as more complex, and mature. At least since 85.

Marvel toons seem way less mature. All that aside If you want to talk Comics   :-w
« Last Edit: April 14, 2009, 11:47:59 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 12:04:59 PM »
THe new Aquaman is a bit better but the old justice league version was pretty useless power wise.

The difference I can say between thor, hulk and superman is that hulk can actually die and thor can be sent to hell but hes to smart to stay stuck there but thors not 100% invincible im sure. superman can only merely be knocked out. Its hard to say which would win even though there is a comic book with them in it. but it was merely for jokes.

but if you wanna talk about uber powers its the marvel characters with the power of cosmic that are too uber. but at least marvel introduce the way to defeat them a la cosmic jail. I like the way marvel's stories expand pass the universes. lol

can the Phoenix bet the Silver Surfer?
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline spiderbat

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 25, 2012, 01:29:54 PM
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2009, 12:54:52 PM »
DC is a point above
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::
yea
DC esta un punto arriba

= BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB                                            BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
=   BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB                                         BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB   
=         BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB              B      B              BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
=              BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB             BBBBB           BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB         
=              BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB         BBBBB         BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB           
=               BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB           
=                      BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB                     DC                    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB             
=                             BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB                               BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB             
=                               BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB             
=                                          BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB                           
=                                                           BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB                                 
=                                                                     BBBBBBBBBB                                       
=                                                                           BBBB                                           
=                                                                             BB   

Marvel heroes are inspired by DC
Spiderman, Wolverine, Daredevil

are similar to batman

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2009, 01:28:53 PM »
I've always wondered that how old is DC compared to Marvel?
I now Dark Horse is pretty new as well. Dark horse seems to have the most copy characters.

I do think marvel copies off of DC. I think they both copy off of each other.
Or they just have similar powers.

Beastboy and Morph.
Deathstroke and Deadpool

I like marvels character design over DC though. I wish DC would put more detail in their chars like they did with blue beetle and the younger characters of their universe. Actually let me rephrase that they need to use the newer versions of their costumes that you would hardly ever see unless you read the comics. Wonderwoman and superman have a lot of costumes but they always use the original design. Its a big choice though sense I see people frowning upon the ultimate marvel design cause its not what they are use too.  Ultimate X-men seems to have simpler design than uncanny.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2009, 01:45:51 PM »
It depend on how in depth you get with DC. The Legion has been totally updated since Geoff Johns refreshed them. The JSA keeps Flash, GL, and Wildcat in their classic looks but has totally revamped the rest of the team.

As far as Blur Beetle goes, while he may seem fresh to your tastes. Blue Beetle bombed in the comics, and just got canceled, and given to Teen Titans in hopes of keeping the character going. People want the classics. BB is too much like a classic Marvel character (young kid, has growing pains, and teen troubles) The market is much more adult at DC. DC is story driven, Marvel is action driven. I read New Avengers for 2 years, and barely anything happened so I dropped it. The concept alone just didnt sell me.

Now as far a Superman goes, he can die (Kryptonite, Red Sun Radiation)

The differance is that he does have weaknesses. Hulk, and Thor don't. Theres no rock, or beam thats going to kill them. Batman can defeat Superman with a piece of Kryptonite. Cap if he fights Hulk gets splat if he can't protect himself with that shield. He has no offense accept to dodge, so I think your logic is a little backwards because Superman is way more vunerable than those 2. Superman just doesnt have as many villains that go blow to blow with him as those 2 do.

Deadpool is a definate rip off of Deathstroke

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2009, 02:24:28 PM »
superman has that weakness yes. I meant hulk can be killed in logical terms or tricked into being killed. Bruce banner is his weakness. The sad part is in Next Avengers if the same thing happened were the two split, yes he would most likely be invincible.  Thor on the other hand is sorta a conundrum. Isn't everyone on Asgard a god. seems like I saw a few of them die but you know the Valkyries take the spirits of the dead, yada yada.

I think DC and Marvel are in leagues. which makes sense cause you can't own a monopoly. one would need the other to prosper. lol

I was about to read the New Avengers after i read the 300+ sonic the hedgehog comics. lol
I never really expect the spin off comics to do well. the new BB does seem like a teen titan though.
I loved extreme x-men. the deadpool comics are funny as hell.
I think alot of people hated civil war and marvel zombies but thats just the opinions of a few friends. I read civil war and there is alot going on.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2009, 02:32:44 PM »
Well I was pizzed when Ted Kord was killed as Blue Beetle, but I like Jamie too. Jamie, and Static are now Titans, and now that Kid Flash is alive, and once Robin is done being Batman and comes back the Titans could be a BIG series again.

Deadpool is possibly the greatest parody, just as Lobo is a great parody of Wolverine

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 02:36:52 PM »
Growing pains , thanx alex lol

I am a fan of both DC & Marvel comics .

Spidey is great for Marvel & The Bat is awesome for DC . Why because they have the best rogues gallery . No hero is great without a good villian assortment .

But I stand by this , the Batman toon stands the test of time . All those episodes were well written . It was more than just random villians thrown at you . Day of the Samurai & Night of the Ninja bring things up from Bruce's past when he was training . Now it came back to haunt him . The Rhas Al ghul epsiodes , & the Johan Hex one . Great stuff . I have all the DVD's of the animated series & I watch them to this day . there are a few episodes that I think , well this is kind of lame . But not many .

Spiderman from the 90's . I watch them now & think how silly most of them are . Some episodes are pretty much unbearable .

Batman started out as a toon & they made toys from it because they knew people would want them . After the great success of X-men for Marvel , then came the Spiderman toon . They had so much success on selling all the X-men toys . I think Spiderman was more of a marketing just for that . I swear some villians they just threw into the series so they could have other figures to sell . Because toybiz pretty much made a figure for every character on that show . Where as Batman there were figures that were in demand like , Jonah Hex , Clock King , Kiodoki ( the ninja ) , among others , they never made toys of . Because Batman  was more about the toon than marketing , unlike Spiderman . In reality Mattel just started whoring out Batman the animated series by making some of those toys . That's the popularity of this toon . 17 years later a toy company can make a Clock King figure & people still want it . If they came out with a toy line of " Spiderman the 90's toon " I highly doubt anyone would care to buy those figures . Because the toon just wasn't that great .

When I first heard about marvel Zombies , I dogged the idea & thought it was a dumb concept . but my friend let me borrow a trade . I read it & thought it was pretty enjoyable.

I too , am still p*zzed that ted kord was killed 

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 02:46:28 PM »
The Spider Destroyers. Oh those things were terrible, and even worse looking toys.

Archangels origin on X-men (uhg)

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2009, 03:15:03 PM »
I liked the older Batman, Batman Beyond, Superman, Spiderman and X-men cartoons they were all great.  Watching them now DC definitely had the more adult/serious story to them.  I still like the older Spiderman better, I saw the newer Spiderman cartoon the other day for the first time and did not care for it.  There are some really bad Spiderman and X-men's though that are not even watchable now a days, so childish and pretty bad.  Back then I guess I didn't notice.  A lot of Jubilee's stuff was childish, and how they handled Cyclops shooting sinister with his beams was just so poor, come on green goo from a optic blast to the stomach...   ;*))
The real old spiderman with firestar and iceman are just plain horrible I saw one of those a few months back and the special guest was Captain America, I couldn't even finish the episode.
I did like JL and JLU they were great and kept a serious note to them.  I never liked the Fantastic 4 or Ironman cartoons, they didn't do it for me.  I tried watching the new Teen Titans and just laughed, come on, a female villain threatens to wreck the city unless Robin goes on a date with her?   o.O#

I'll still watch Batman or Superman if I see them on late at night.  I try and watch X-men sometimes if I see it on since I liked it so much years ago but most didn't hold up well over the years.

I seem to have rambled, hope it was entertaining and sparks more conversation.  :-@   ;D

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 03:30:26 PM »
The thing I will say in Teen Titans defense is that is was purposely cheesey. It wasnt trying to be a serious toon, although the Trigon series was really cool.

Titans was trying to capture that cheese baggy nature that a lot of anime has and exagerate it. You see it in Naruto, Inhayasha, Dragonball, Pokemon, even Bleach early on.

Girl laughs all giddy like a mouse

guy gets big rosy circles on his cheeks, and utters

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »
The thing I will say in Teen Titans defense is that is was purposely cheesey. It wasnt trying to be a serious toon, although the Trigon series was really cool.

Titans was trying to capture that cheese baggy nature that a lot of anime has and exagerate it. You see it in Naruto, Inhayasha, Dragonball, Pokemon, even Bleach early on.

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Yea I forgot about that, I though that was funny too.  Those facial expressions reminded me of Pokemon.

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2009, 03:36:41 PM »
The right anime is always a win win. Most of are comics today are inspired by anime but dont have the same feeling in them.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2009, 03:54:58 PM »
I myself am not big on anime. The Classics like Akira, Macross, and Guyver were great but it all seems the same after a while. Some comics are trying to copy anime to survive, but I say forget it. They just need to ride it out untill anime popularity dies down over the years because that ship will sink one day.

The problem is so many kids have no attention span, and hate reading. The world needs to quit vegging and learn reading comprehension.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2009, 03:55:11 PM »
The right anime is always a win win. Most of are comics today are inspired by anime but dont have the same feeling in them.

/:O

ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Yeah teen titans was taking pot shots at anime which seemed to be the hot thing at the time . So I didn't like teen titans, because I don't like Naruto or Bleach at all . Uh Oh , did I say that out loud ?  @^@ lol

I myself am not big on anime. The Classics like Akira, Macross, and Guyver were great but it all seems the same after a while. Some comics are trying to copy anime to survive, but I say forget it. They just need to ride it out untill anime popularity dies down over the years because that ship will sink one day.

The problem is so many kids have no attention span, and hate reading. The world needs to quit vegging and learn reading comprehension.

The anime I do watch I have to read . Because I watch them subbed in English . I hate the terrible cartoon network versions with crappy dubbed voices

(click to show/hide)

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2009, 04:18:55 PM »
Voice acting. it really depends. some japanese otaku like the English version cuz it sounds better. like they upgrade the sound quality. Ive also noticed that good english voice actors like crispin freeman add extra lines that you wont find in the original due to lip syncing.

you just have to find the right anime for you dude. bleach, naruto, dbz are all shonen jump titles and are really toned down when they convert to video. Mangas are just like any other book. most of the good stuff is cut from them.

I think they did a good job converting Hellsing to Ultimate Hellsing which is mostly based on the manga.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2009, 05:50:31 PM »
I liked DBZ I have all the uncut dvds . Guyver is by far my favorite all time anime . I like saber marionette J for the overall story & it was the the best of everything , comedy , tragedy etc ... DNA squared was good & Girls Bravo .

Gokudo is great for pure senseless comical aspect . Plus many others

I watch nothing anime on TV . I watch the DVD's with Japanese tracks & English subtitles   

I just hate Naruto  :DxDie

(click to show/hide)

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2009, 06:02:04 PM »
I had a friend like that. He didn't like Naruto until he saw the action. (sasukes barrage of lions).

anyone can start a new debate anytime.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2009, 12:04:37 PM »
I had a friend like that. He didn't like Naruto until he saw the action. (sasukes barrage of lions).

anyone can start a new debate anytime.

I watched it . My buddy buys all the DVD's . I watched hours of the stuff . i just really don't like it .

I forgot , Inuyasha is good , also .

(click to show/hide)

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2009, 12:21:19 PM »
Everyone has there own style. Some people dont like pokemon or dbz cause they think its childish. but I still watch them cause theyre interesting and still have new episodes. (well except for dbz cause CN ran it too much and there arent any new episodes).

How about capcom style vs SNK style. Frankly I love both. I think its sad that alot of possible crossovers died cause capcom wanted to keep their style. I can see the reasoning sense CVS was a success on sales and SVC bombed on sales. Instead of getting GGvCap we get Sengoku Basara X which is a cool looking that I never tried cause we didnt get it in the US.

Whats your opinion?
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2009, 01:44:35 PM »
Enough Manga :D

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2009, 02:10:14 PM »
is that a defense or is what. I switched debate topics. unless you have something else on you mind.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline fredgerd

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 02, 2011, 11:27:34 AM
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2009, 02:37:43 PM »

I just hate Naruto  :DxDie

lol agreed, Naruto is aweful. I feel very strongly that ninjas shouldn't be allowed to where orange and have whiskers.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2009, 02:52:13 PM »
Enough Manga :D

^^(PM)^

We should get back to good cartoons & talk about Batman TAS & JLU again

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:17:34 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by O Ilusionista
[Today at 11:15:00 AM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[Today at 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11