collapse

Author Topic: Johnny Bravo & other WIPs!  (Read 8973 times)

Offline zombieplasticclock

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 02, 2011, 11:50:22 PM
    • Email
Johnny Bravo & other WIPs!
« on: January 19, 2010, 05:27:56 PM »

The famous womanizer from the titular Cartoon Network series himself. He's big, strong, and has a slew of awesome catchphrases. But he's not too bright. Within the annals of the MUGEN arena, hopefully his first two traits will help him survive.

He's a sprite edit of The Hulk from Marvel Vs Capcom. However, it's not a simple recoloring; it took a whole bunch of extra drawing to turn him into one of the most beloved Cartoon Characters ever.

(NOTE: This only looks funny because Flash 8 doesn't like my sprites for some reason. It looks MUCH better in-game)

Some Palettes...

Anyway, that's all I've really got to write about for now. I also have more WIPS I'm working on: Jigen Daisuke from the Anime series "Lupin the 3rd", and Dan Hibiki, in the style of "Street Fighter The Movie". If you want to see those, along with some posts showing the progress of Johnny (And more pictures), visit this site. It's the Mortal Kombat Armageddon MUGEN forum by Ade2004, and where I initially gave updates on this character.

http://mkarmageddonmugen.myfreeforum.org/about330.html

---- My other WIPs ----

In a nutshell, I'm getting my other WIPS up so I can get a good idea of which one should be worked on after I finish Johnny Bravo.

Here is Dan, from the not-so-popular-but-still-fun arcade game "Street Fighter: The Movie:

For those who don't know, Street Fighter: The Movie was an arcade title based on the first (and worst) Street Fighter Movie. It features digitized sprites of the actors in the movie (Except for Bison, as his actor died during production of the game, and was replaced by his stunt double. The gameplay was basically Super Street Fighter II Turbo, but sped up, so that it may compare to the other arcade hit at the time, Mortal Kombat II. Due to the quirkiness of the game (IE, bad voice actors, worse grammer, the weird character Sawada), the game didn't take off, and now Street Fighter fans curse this game like the Plague. Personally, I liked the game, so I don't see the problem with it. However, I also liked Street Fighter Alpha II, so I thought "eh, why not?". And so here's the result (well, most of it, anyway): Byron Mann, as Dan Hibiki in "Street Fighter: The Movie")

OYAJIIIIII!

Well, actually, Byron Mann played Ryu in SFTM, but with a little photoshop magic, anything is possible! I chose Ryu, since his headband helps give referance as to how Dan's ponytail will move, in a realistic manner. His antenna, though, defies gravity, in true Street Fighter Alpha style. You may also notice I forgot to give him a black shirt. This was my bad, as I was too many frames in before I noticed or cared to do it. Besides, SFTM had a loose interpertation of the Street Fighter characters, right?

Gadouken!

Yo-Yuuse! The face is too serious for my liking here. I still gotta change that...

Now here's one that requires a bit of explanation: I saw footage of the Neo Geo Pocket game "Capcom vs SNK: Millenium Fight". Dan, in that game, would use other characters win poses in taunts, including Akuma's famous Kanji-on-the-back stance. I thought I'd give it a go here, only instead of the Kanji for Ten, I went with "Oyaji", which in English translates to "Father". The reason for this is that anyone who knows Dan's story knows the guy's got some daddy issues  :-??

---------

Okay, I'm sure anyone who frequents the WIP area of these forums knows of my Johnny Bravo WIP. That one, I will finish first. However, I've also got some other WIPS sitting in the backburner, and as for those, I'm not entirely sure. Granted, I want every single one finished, but I don't know which one to focus on after Johnny. So I'll post them, and have you guys decide which one is worthy of being done first.

Super Gem Fighter styled Lilith from Darkstalkers:

(This has got to be my favorite sprite. So adorable  :-j)

So, Super Gem Fighter had a bunch of characters from Darkstalkers in it. It had Morrigan, Hsien-Ko, and Felicia, and Puzzle Fighter had Donovan. But neither of them had Lilith. This annoyed me, since she was my preffered character in Darkstalkers. I then thought "Hey, Lilith is basically Morrigan, why not make a character with modified Morrigan sprites?". And so I did.

(One of her victory poses from Darkstalkers, when she lays on a bed of bats)
EDIT: BUGGER! I forgot to re-color the wing :P

(Taunt. Also way too cute)

(HUG MEH!)

(Ooh, bet'cha wish ya didn't let me hug ya, amirite?)

One thing I wasn't sure of with this character was the transformations. For those who haven't played Gem Fighter, the characters in that game had combos where they dress up as other Capcom characters (Like Chun-Li had a combo where she shoots rockets at people dressed as Resident Evil's Jill Valentine). Personally, I didn't care for that aspect of the game, so I couldn't really think of any good transformations for Lilith. Then it hit me: What other awesome fighter looks like Gem Fighter?

Touhou, that's what. Granted, I'll have some other ones for Lilith, but the Touhou transformations are awesome (I think so, anyway)

(Her Sakuya transform. I don't know if I should have her be able to stop time, though)

(Marisa transform. MASTAH SPARK!)

So, what do you guys think? Comments, suggestions, and anything of that nature are appreciated

-------

I forgot to put this up, since I just found my old sprites after cleaning off my Desktop after too long.

For those of you who played Portal, you know this lovable cube too much. It's your Weighted Companion Cube. It cannot speak, but it will grant you the unconditional love you will need during your testing at the Enrichment Center at Aperture...

OMG it has the Spy's Knife! This is no companion Cube, but the Weighted Combatant Cube!

...yeah, very simple character I'm working on.  Fun Fact!: This one was drawn from scratch!

Hey, Cube's gotta move somehow.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 03:30:27 PM by Acey »

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
Re: Johnny Bravo & other WIPs!
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 05:30:44 PM »
Who are the bases that you used?
-.-

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 05:31:18 PM »
I was wondering when you'd bring him here.. looking forward to updates. :)

P.S. Use png next time unless animated...

@Kojunho: He said the base is Hulk.. o.O#

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »
Hehe, this could be awesome. I'm intrigued.
You used flash to animate the sprites, do you know how to do it in Fighter factory? If not I would assume you have someone helping you with coding? =O

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 05:33:55 PM »
Reason why I asked is because it looks like he edited over McCready's Strong Guy, but then again I could be wrong.
-.-

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 05:44:34 PM »
Ok i can see how the top half is the hulk, but who is your bottom half?

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 05:46:55 PM »
Holy DOOLEY that's a lot of updates! Lemme address them...

Reason why I asked is because it looks like he edited over McCready's Strong Guy, but then again I could be wrong.

this is actually true. Strong guy's weird physique was actually what inspired me to make Johnny. However, having not played Marvel vs Capcom at the time, I didn't know Strong Guy was just an edit, and not an actual character. So after a good hour of trying to find sprites, I said "Screw it" and just used the sprites from the character as a base. Once I figured out he was a sprite edit of The Hulk, I used sprites from both characters to make him. Although thanks for mentioning the name of the creator. I had no idea the name of the creator, and now I can credit him accordingly :)

Hehe, this could be awesome. I'm intrigued.
You used flash to animate the sprites, do you know how to do it in Fighter factory? If not I would assume you have someone helping you with coding? =O

That's a "no". I can make gif files in Fighter Factory? I'm intrigued...

I was wondering when you'd bring him here.. looking forward to updates. :)

P.S. Use png next time unless animated...

@Kojunho: He said the base is Hulk.. o.O#

I thought your username looked familiar... MUGEN Infantry, or MKArmageddon MUGEN page? I lost track... Hey, these are PNG files, though. Least, they should be.

Thanks for the comments! They are appreciated. Oh, and another thing I forgot to mention: The MUGEN Infantry user "Formula1" is helping me with the coding, and we will have a rudimentary beta ready to go in a week or two. I just need to finish a few sprites, then get the AIR and ACT files working

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2010, 05:49:54 PM »
If your going to want to relese this, you'll have to get permssion to use the strong guy sprites.  Or just start over and actualy edit him from the hulk and something else.

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2010, 05:52:21 PM »
Well, about that. Anyone know a way to contact McCready? I looked on the page with Strong Guy, and it had no email or anything. And I don't intend on stopping this project. Even if it means releasing him, only to pull back if he objects. In any case, he will be credited

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 05:58:39 PM »
-.-

Offline Ununsed-Username

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 08, 2014, 12:22:16 AM
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 06:08:19 PM »
Johnny Bravo in MUGEN?!?! FInally! The day has come!! :thumbsup:

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2010, 06:13:28 PM »
No it hasn't.. he's still working on it... ;*))

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 06:16:46 PM »
Well you could go here:

http://www.scruffydragon.com/forum/

Well, I went there to no avail. I just emailed the owner of the site. He can probably help me out more than anyone at this point. I basically asked if he knew of a way to contact McCready (Which, chances are, he does), and if it's not possible, permission to use my edited sprites.

No it hasn't.. he's still working on it... ;*))

SHOT

DOWN

Anyway, Ronin, that's kind of what I thought. I figured with his bulky physique, and awesome one-liners, he'd be an obvious idea. I mean, if Fat Albert and Duke Nukem are made into MUGEN, why not Johnny? At least I'm going to give it a go

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
I lost track... Hey, these are PNG files, though. Least, they should be.
They're in JPG format. They lose uh.. quality if uploaded in JPG.. You should upload in PNG format.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »
Pick your bases over. Use something that Capcom actually made themselves. Like hulk & T Hawk or something. I highly doubt you will get permission from mcready
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2010, 09:40:09 PM »
They're in JPG format. They lose uh.. quality if uploaded in JPG.. You should upload in PNG format.

That's really weird. I uploaded them in PNG format. Maybe it's just the site I uploaded them to...

Anyway, I sent a message to McCready asking for permission to use his sprite as a base. Reply will be posted when recieved

Offline Epicsmith93

• Aku wa yarusan!
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:March 27, 2011, 10:05:28 PM
  • Do you really wanna mess with me?!
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2010, 09:45:33 PM »
 :thumbsup:Yes! this is something i'm more then excited for! I grew up with the Bravo!! So following this thread and can't wait to see how this WIP comes out in the end!1 Good luck and keep on spriting!  :)

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2010, 09:56:28 PM »
Pick your bases over. Use something that Capcom actually made themselves. Like hulk & T Hawk or something. I highly doubt you will get permission from mcready

Chances are, if I cannot use it as is, this project is OVER. I put a lot of time into what I've done already, and it'd be too much of a buzzkill to have to start again from scratch

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 10:06:41 PM »
Chances are, if I cannot use it as is, this project is OVER. I put a lot of time into what I've done already, and it'd be too much of a buzzkill to have to start again from scratch

Don't take it personally. Some creators make custom sprites & just do not want someone else editing them.
Strong Guy was custom.

Everyone can always hope for the best. Since Bravo really looks nothing like Strong Guy & they are 2 totally different characters. If it was me, I would grant permission.

I'm not going to speculate anymore, let's just wait & see what happens

(click to show/hide)

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2010, 10:23:05 PM »
Btw, the bases are Hulk + Sabertooth/Venom(whichever you prefer)
-.-

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 04:41:20 PM »
Well... damn. McCready didn't give me permission, so I've got to start again from square one. I'll post again when I've got some new sprites to show off.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 04:57:13 PM »
Well... damn. McCready didn't give me permission, so I've got to start again from square one. I'll post again when I've got some new sprites to show off.

did you show him what you had when you asked so that he seen it was totally different character and not just a different skin?

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 05:00:36 PM »
Really? Did you show him the awesomeness of your current sprites?

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 05:22:09 PM »
It doesn't matter guys. i know how mcreedy operates. He doesn't usually let anyone edit his sprites. So i really seen this coming.

Anyway, read kojunho's post. You should be able to use the same exact bases & come up with a very similar look to your sprtes.

%%- Good Luck on your new venture

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 13, 2024, 11:35:44 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 05:28:51 PM »
R.I.P. Bravo  :'(

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar