collapse

Author Topic: Lil Wayne discussion  (Read 2113 times)

Offline samjs721

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 22, 2014, 11:12:09 PM
    • Email
Re: Lil Wayne discussion
« Reply #75 on: August 17, 2009, 04:50:00 PM »
^^(PM)^
For the most part ; P

thank you. i try to tell the people that are stuck and only used to garbage/commercial/corporate controlled music that theirs other stuff out there. you just gotta search for it.

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 07:27:29 AM »
Do you like ANYONE in Hip-Hop . ? (Except the G.O.A.T.) Do you EVEN LIKE Hip-Hop . ?
Man-O-Man i might just stick off these threads cause i don't wanna be hated here . . . 

Post Merge: August 16, 2009, 10:55:35 AM
Whatever.  (:|  Your words don't effect me.

I swear to God if you heard the tracks I make, the rhymes I write, and the songs I create, you'd shut your f**king mouth dude... Canibus IS one of the greatest rappers ever, but... The reason why I said his song writing ability is lacking, is because he does lack that commercial sound. As great as he is, he's one dimensional! Like it or not... I respect the sh** out of him, but I happen to like MC's that can go between the lines rather then just battling. A great MC is someone who can not only appeal to the real heads, but to the radio listeners as well. Big Pun was able to do that! And though Pac and Biggie may be as you say overrated, so what!! They appealed to damn near everyone!! I know people who didn't even listen to Hip-Hop, but could appreciate Pac. I don't give a F*** about all that research BS. My ears are enough homie. No amount of research will make anything sound better to people. At least we agree on the fact that Lil Wayne is a trash heap. And Rakim IS a genius and the reason most nice MC's are nice in the first place. He practically reinvented how to rhyme!! Don't you see the fact that Rakim had this same ability to appeal to every ones taste?! I don't give a damn what you liked back then, or what you may have been into, when you heard a Rakim song on the radio, you turned that sh** up!!! And that's what I'm talkin about!! That niceness! That overall appeal, to anyone that hears it. You could still bump that Erick-B for president to this day!! And that's how I write and make my tracks. To appeal. Period!! I can battle with the hardest MC's on any street, in any state. But when it's time to calm the hell down, and really focus on making something that the whole world could enjoy, I'm hott as fish grease ma dude... I have performed, and been into this sh** for YEARS!! And you can rag on LL as  much as you want. He's been whack for a very VERY long time now! But back in the 80's when he made (I'm bad) and (My radio) and all that real old school sh**, he was cool!! When he fell in love, he fell off the map, but with his old sh**, he influenced lots of MC's that are nice to this day. Even the great Canibus looked up to him as a youngsta. Or do I need to do more research... lol I heard Canibus say he respected LL as a legend before all that funny sh** started happening. I'm just sayin... Give the man his due! He just should have retired long LONG ago...! Now days, Listening to LL is like watching Ali at his current age and condition, trying to fight Floyd Mayweather! Anyway man... Lets just be cool on the fact that Wayne is TRASH. Cause that's really all I came here to say...  :)  ::salute::  :)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2009, 01:22:42 PM »
I swear to God if you heard the tracks I make, the rhymes I write, and the songs I create, you'd shut your f**king mouth dude... Canibus IS one of the greatest rappers ever, but... The reason why I said his song writing ability is lacking, is because he does lack that commercial sound. As great as he is, he's one dimensional! Like it or not... I respect the sh** out of him, but I happen to like MC's that can go between the lines rather then just battling. A great MC is someone who can not only appeal to the real heads, but to the radio listeners as well. Big Pun was able to do that! And though Pac and Biggie may be as you say overrated, so what!! They appealed to damn near everyone!! I know people who didn't even listen to Hip-Hop, but could appreciate Pac. I don't give a F*** about all that research BS. My ears are enough homie. No amount of research will make anything sound better to people. At least we agree on the fact that Lil Wayne is a trash heap. And Rakim IS a genius and the reason most nice MC's are nice in the first place. He practically reinvented how to rhyme!! Don't you see the fact that Rakim had this same ability to appeal to every ones taste?! I don't give a damn what you liked back then, or what you may have been into, when you heard a Rakim song on the radio, you turned that sh** up!!! And that's what I'm talkin about!! That niceness! That overall appeal, to anyone that hears it. You could still bump that Erick-B for president to this day!! And that's how I write and make my tracks. To appeal. Period!! I can battle with the hardest MC's on any street, in any state. But when it's time to calm the hell down, and really focus on making something that the whole world could enjoy, I'm hott as fish grease ma dude... I have performed, and been into this sh** for YEARS!! And you can rag on LL as  much as you want. He's been whack for a very VERY long time now! But back in the 80's when he made (I'm bad) and (My radio) and all that real old school sh**, he was cool!! When he fell in love, he fell off the map, but with his old sh**, he influenced lots of MC's that are nice to this day. Even the great Canibus looked up to him as a youngsta. Or do I need to do more research... lol I heard Canibus say he respected LL as a legend before all that funny sh** started happening. I'm just sayin... Give the man his due! He just should have retired long LONG ago...! Now days, Listening to LL is like watching Ali at his current age and condition, trying to fight Floyd Mayweather! Anyway man... Lets just be cool on the fact that Wayne is TRASH. Cause that's really all I came here to say...  :)  ::salute::  :)
=D> =D> =D>

Offline Kid Chyllen™♪

• The Young Lion
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 07, 2012, 07:13:43 AM
  • Smash Bros. 4 Coming to you in 2013 !
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2009, 06:27:40 PM »

Lol damn . I respect sh** out of you right now .
 =D> =D> =D> ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ =D> =D> =D>

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 07:18:14 PM »
P.O.S.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2009, 07:59:33 PM »
Coming 2099.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2009, 08:19:04 PM »
He's an alt rapper.

[youtube=425,350]1JHbUuWzVNE[/youtube]
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 10:27:10 PM by [Asian-Jesus] »
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2009, 09:26:09 PM »
well some1 got ethered bad :DxDie
why is there a thread about wayne?
why not just make a new hip hop thread

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2009, 10:41:13 PM »

Lol damn . I respect sh** out of you right now .
 =D> =D> =D> ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ =D> =D> =D>

WTF does that even mean, lmao!
Coming 2099.

Offline ADSplay101

• WorldWarriorsCollectiv Esports Team Founder/Owner/Memeber
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 17, 2023, 08:06:05 PM
  • "Insert Esports Team Motto here"
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2009, 02:03:24 PM »
Idk how many of you are still bickering on what true hip hop is but know know for sure that this poem will help iron out a few of those wrinkles.
P.S. this is street poetry and has some choice words in it but if the truth is gonna be told then let it be told. Alot of ppls feelings are gonna be hurt by this poem.  
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 05:52:42 PM by azareal188 »
WE are MANY but this MANY are ONE.
WorldWarriorsCollectiv Merch Store https://teespring.com/stores/thacollectiv

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2009, 02:54:13 AM »
what most of u need to understand is all the things they talk about is not new to hip hop

every1 talks about sex guns money and drugs, hip hop has always been the same, just listen to what genre u want, dont start blabblin on about real hip hop cuz no one wants to hear it, if u dont like wayne dont listen to wayne simple as that, if u dont like mainstream dont listen to mainstream

:|

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2009, 12:42:15 PM »
what most of u need to understand is all the things they talk about is not new to hip hop

every1 talks about sex guns money and drugs, hip hop has always been the same, just listen to what genre u want, dont start blabblin on about real hip hop cuz no one wants to hear it, if u dont like wayne dont listen to wayne simple as that, if u dont like mainstream dont listen to mainstream

WORD!
Coming 2099.

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2009, 12:43:51 PM »

u right but im sure theres been like 4 of us that have said that in this thread alone its just bound to happen in any discussion about hip hop or wayne ppl jes gon spam useless points about no name and washed up artists. its the internet it happens :-??
(click to show/hide)

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2009, 01:08:50 PM »
There are quite a few  ^^(PM)^ s above me in this thread. Good show Gentleman.
-.-

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2009, 02:18:33 PM »

True enough, but if its taking away from what the O.G.s created it to be is it the truth or is it just a mockery of what is supposed to be the truth? These new age artists are missing one crucial part of the art we know as HipHop. You ready for this?.......Lyrical Skill and knowing there history or Knowledge. Anything that exposes truth through a Hip Hop flavor, to me, thats real HipHop. But like you said ppl gonna listen to what they wann listen to.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #90 on: August 23, 2009, 02:21:44 AM »
True enough, but if its taking away from what the O.G.s created it to be is it the truth or is it just a mockery of what is supposed to be the truth? These new age artists are missing one crucial part of the art we know as HipHop. You ready for this?.......Lyrical Skill and knowing there history or Knowledge. Anything that exposes truth through a Hip Hop flavor, to me, thats real HipHop. But like you said ppl gonna listen to what they wann listen to.
lyrics is not what hip hop is about, there is no knowledge in these song

not every song needs a punchline, i dont want to be in the club and listen to some cat spitting some real complicated crap
there is no mockery being made all these ppl want to do is make music, all these songs have been here for decades just they finally getting shine

Offline mugen215

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 07, 2013, 05:23:11 PM
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: August 23, 2009, 06:33:01 AM »
1 hater shows up, the rest get courage and start posting crap too.  [-X

Only thing I'm gone say about that, is... "IMMORTAL TECHNIQUE 4eva", you f**k**' serious, that boi has the same rhyme patern in every f**k**' song, it gets annoying, he aint got no flow!

Well I would have responded sooner but I have a life. Do you do anything else besides mugen and masturbate to lil wayne photos over the the web?
Lil wayne is a sorry sack of crap with no lyrical ability. Your just too damn slow to understand complex thoughts and vocab in true MC's because your zombie.
You probably have a mohawk, tight skinny jeans with bright color sneakers too, doing that gay butt jerk dance

Offline samjs721

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 22, 2014, 11:12:09 PM
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: August 23, 2009, 03:28:32 PM »
^^LMAO!^. but lets be serious for a second. when hip hop first came on the scene it was diverse. hip hop is not just a music genre its a lifestyle. ok so some people hate on conscious rappers like Immortal Technique because some people hate hearing truth and take life as a joke. as long as the artist enjoys making what they make and dont make music for the money and fame then i respect them. what i dont respect is rappers that do it for the fame and dont give an EFF about the people. if a person actually has love and wants to really get into hip hop then they search for other stuff to listen to not just radio/mainstream garbage. as you grow you realize how brainwashing commercial music can be. im not saying that there isnt any good music on the radio its just that they play the same stuff over and over again. like they'll play and replay songs like laffy taffy all day but songs by artists like talib kweli one time for the whole day. just goes to show how lame radio can be.

Offline ADSplay101

• Infinity Regular
    • ADSplay101
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: August 23, 2009, 04:51:01 PM »

not every song needs a punchline, i dont want to be in the club and listen to some cat spitting some real complicated crap
there is no mockery being made all these ppl want to do is make music, all these songs have been here for decades just they finally getting shine

That's not what I ment, those ppl actualy had talent and was making real club hits for ppl that wanted to chill and just get on the dance floor and just have fun. Can you honestly see ppl goin to the club and doing the soulja boy crank dance or the jerk? The stanky leg is a big iffy but overall HipHop isn't these dance tracks. In this world we live in, we have stereotypes for everything, from diff races etc. and with these stereotypes they make set standards. This HipHop standard cant be set so low to the point we are just willing to let anyone in. Cuz right now you dont need talent to get into the music biz. They tryin to force it on our generation that you need some type of dance just to be signed to a record label which is messed up, cuz its guys in this world that are speaking truth and are showing some real mic skills. But they will never get as much shine as those dance artists.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:56:09 PM by azareal188 »

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: August 24, 2009, 06:49:40 PM »

I told yall my guy gots knowledge!!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar