collapse

Author Topic: What`s up with IMT these days...  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 30, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
What`s up with IMT these days...
« on: April 20, 2009, 04:07:16 AM »
Ok, this might be an useless topic, but it wasn`t like this in 2007, back then I joined just to download and upgrade a 700+ roster. Since then, I lost my old computer HDD, so I came back to make a Compilation of MvC3, new stuff made the site interesting, I don`t remember DT back then (might have been wrong).

Now I come back to people thinking they are "all that & more" because they can choose how to shade a dang sprite? People , MUGEN is a free engine, you aren`t going to get paid for this, you do this for fun, for the sake of playing as your favorite character in a stylish, make it your own game, why are *SOME* people here acting as if they made part of a Devil may Cry or a Halo game?

I applaud the people who are here just for fun and not looking for problems, there are a few I`ve met that I`m glad that I did, some of them being AngelM, DARKTALBAIN and some others, not people that act arrogantly at any and all new character or even on the SPAM games thread  :-??

I don`t know, I decided to interact on this site and even attempted to make a WIP (working), but it`s guys like these that put me off on actually releasing anything other than private releases, for some, there are THIEVES and then there are the ARROGANT  ::fight::

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
Re: What`s up with IMT these days...
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 05:25:35 AM »
  ^^(PM)^ =D>
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 27, 2015, 06:40:10 PM
  • Did I say that I cared?
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 05:54:37 AM »
do what I try to do to thieves and the arrogant. ignore them. Eventually you begin to realize that no matter where you are or what you do these people seem to flow into the community as it expands. I take FFXI for example Ive been playing it for a while. at first the people were friendly sense we were partially dealing with other countries. then as you say these people spill over. Now we have people who illegally trade ingame money for real money and people from other MMOs such as WoW that dont know the meaning of politeness or CoOp Gameplay. I just ignore these people. eventually they just go away cause there is nothing to gain by interacting with you.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:24:37 AM »
Ok, this might be an useless topic, but it wasn`t like this in 2007, back then I joined just to download and upgrade a 700+ roster. Since then, I lost my old computer HDD, so I came back to make a Compilation of MvC3, new stuff made the site interesting, I don`t remember DT back then (might have been wrong).

Now I come back to people thinking they are "all that & more" because they can choose how to shade a dang sprite? People , MUGEN is a free engine, you aren`t going to get paid for this, you do this for fun, for the sake of playing as your favorite character in a stylish, make it your own game, why are *SOME* people here acting as if they made part of a Devil may Cry or a Halo game?

I applaud the people who are here just for fun and not looking for problems, there are a few I`ve met that I`m glad that I did, some of them being AngelM, DARKTALBAIN and some others, not people that act arrogantly at any and all new character or even on the SPAM games thread  :-??

I don`t know, I decided to interact on this site and even attempted to make a WIP (working), but it`s guys like these that put me off on actually releasing anything other than private releases, for some, there are THIEVES and then there are the ARROGANT  ::fight::

=D> ^^(PM)^

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2009, 08:33:08 AM »
People , MUGEN is a free engine, you aren`t going to get paid for this, you do this for fun, for the sake of playing as your favorite character in a stylish,

This is why I keep making chars, after all I've been throught :)

But you're right: we need to focus more into making chars, not aout people.

take care.

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2009, 10:05:08 AM »

Why do you care?
If its your character you don't need to listen to other people.

But if you are marking your Wip character with CvS (for example) Its highly possible that some "people" can come to your thread and say to you what could have been better done, And if they are arrogant, so what?
I don't give a s*** about them, They can be helpful Sometimes and they can help you improve, But they can be a really pain too lol

Seriously, Its funny that not much people know how it was before even MugenGuild started.
There were worser things like we have now, Things like Racism.
I was banned on some small mugen forums because I was South American  /:O

>:-(-|

Anyway, It has been worse than this nowadays.

And I agree with you on this:

People , MUGEN is a free engine, you aren`t going to get paid for this, you do this for fun, for the sake of playing as your favorite character in a stylish,

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 10:16:25 AM »
Now I come back to people thinking they are "all that & more" because they can choose how to shade a dang sprite? People , MUGEN is a free engine, you aren`t going to get paid for this, you do this for fun, f

If you want the old Infinity back I would suggest you don't focus on silly things like shading squabbles, don't you think you're just adding kindling to the flame by being another person who complains about it.  :-??

*Goes back to Fighter Factory   ;)

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2009, 10:22:47 AM »
*Goes back to Fighter Factory

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2009, 10:56:47 AM »
Dante I will say one thing. Yes the community around here is a tad more petty and competitive than what you remember. A lot of the more Liberal posters moved on to more radical sites for various reason, so yeah you will kind of notice some differance.

The big difference though is the vast majority of the IMT staff, and Mods are waaaaaay more laid than they used to be. In the old days you'd get flamed out of IMT just for making a request that the Mods thought would cause trouble, and some would flame the hell out of people if they disagreed with you. Acey, Excursion, and Scar have really made strides in the environment around here, and took a lot of care to find a lot of new talent from the ranks of IMT (my guys mostly) kidding lol

It actually was a lot worse when the Guild 1st went Wild West, and there was a huge migration to IMT. Over the course of the year a lot of those people came, and went, and still are.

Find the people you like, and ignore the rest.

Offline Izanagi

• Legendary
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 30, 2010, 09:53:27 AM
  • Brutal Legend
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2009, 02:20:24 PM »
do what I try to do to thieves and the arrogant. ignore them. Eventually you begin to realize that no matter where you are or what you do these people seem to flow into the community as it expands.

-This is true, but  you forget that not all of them can be ignored as I have seen some (in another site non-mugen related), some actually cross a line and give out a wife`s phone number on the public. As for thieves, I don`t think you can do anything much to stop them, which is  *Iceman ThumbsDown!*, I don`t think you can sue another guy oer something that wasn`t yours in the first place, when a community expands is when things start to go wrong in some places,

If you want the old Infinity back I would suggest you don't focus on silly things like shading squabbles, don't you think you're just adding kindling to the flame by being another person who complains about it.  :-??

*Goes back to Fighter Factory   ;)

You are correct about the flame thing, however the thing I find really stupid is that *some* people take their status too seriously in these sites and thats when arrogance starts, also, I know it`s extremely hard to do a full character and these people deserve the recognition they deserve, the problem with this is the development of a "god complex" in themselves, you can see a once humble and quiet guy turn into the most arrogant bastard on the planet.

This is why I keep making chars, after all I've been throught :)

But you're right: we need to focus more into making chars, not aout people.

take care.

This doesn`t apply to you at all, when you talk, you say what things can be improved on the char, you never use your status as a Royal Creator in any of these posts and you never say that you can make a better char than he/she can.

-I don`t know how to make a character, and even with tutorials, I can`t learn from this, I only learn from help or from experience (marvel vs capcom, I used to press random buttons to get hypers lol)

Offline Dakangel

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:May 30, 2019, 01:04:28 PM
  • Proximamente
    • DAKANGEL
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2009, 02:38:04 PM »
i agree with you ,mugen is relative "free" and if the engine is free for use

¿why not the "creations" using that engine are free to use?

code is from elecbyte ,characters are from variety companies

so important is share and have fun not to have a status or an elite
Siempre adelante,con el infinito de frente y la eternidad en el horizonte.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2009, 02:55:57 PM »

code is from elecbyte ,characters are from variety companies

so important is share and have fun not to have a status or an elite

Age old discussion, I'm all for sharing, that's why I'm here at Infinity, so let's look at the other side. If you, the mugen user, doesn't care that someone put days and weeks and months into creating something, why should they care to share it with you? I would be so easy for creators to just not publicly promote or release their stuff and honestly, they'd get more done without trying so hard to keep everyone updated on their progress.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2009, 03:13:40 PM »

The sea is made by salt and water.
there are snacks by salt and water.
So, the sea is a giant snack.

It the same weird logic. Its called Sofism.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2009, 03:14:01 PM »
this can go either way. ppl just have to learn how to respect each other all over again. that is why most of the time others just stay quiet and to themselves. i for one while ill occasionally put my two sense in..i have discovered that it doesnt matter how much stuff u point out or what you say ppl will still be themselves arrogant or not. this is also another reason why i have decided to just be quiet about things as its only a waste of time.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline Dakangel

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:May 30, 2019, 01:04:28 PM
  • Proximamente
    • DAKANGEL
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2009, 03:44:10 PM »
well for finish this

if you promote, show and tell others your creation/works then you are sharing for all or for some then ,you are aware that some other can take your work just like you take the others work

this is the first that gave rise to mugen community (Share and Fun)

If you dont agree only dont comment anything about your work and keep it in private for you use only

so if you take part on a share community ,should not be arrogant or jealous if you do the same ,not only share to prove other you superiority
Siempre adelante,con el infinito de frente y la eternidad en el horizonte.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2009, 03:58:46 PM »
Age old discussion, I'm all for sharing, that's why I'm here at Infinity, so let's look at the other side. If you, the mugen user, doesn't care that someone put days and weeks and months into creating something, why should they care to share it with you? I would be so easy for creators to just not publicly promote or release their stuff and honestly, they'd get more done without trying so hard to keep everyone updated on their progress.

I have to agree , sometimes I am trying to get things accomplished . but posting & maintaining the forum takes away from that . If I was just creating things for myself or private I wouldn't be so worried about these things .

Acey, Excursion, and Scar have really made strides in the environment around here, and took a lot of care to find a lot of new talent from the ranks of IMT (my guys mostly) kidding lol

lol lol lol That made me laugh

Hold on let  me think on this . yeah I was around back then . The first version of Hobgoblin was released October 31st 2007 . So I was definately here the whole time before that when I was working on him .

I'm glad you think I am one of the " cool guys " , Thanx for that . But I think there would be some people that disagree with you on that . So I'm not necessarily sure what you are bothered by is " arrogance " . Certain people have called me arrogant in the past . But it was more we had a personality clash . I usually don't confuse the two .   It's a big interent with a lot of different types of personality's on it . Not everyone is going to get along . So there is going to be those that have issues with you or you have issues with them for no reason more than your personality's just clash . Just ignore things for the most part & try to keep it cool on the forum .

Unless they have affected you seriously in some way , it's easy to just ignore them . there are certain people I don't care for & I have good reason because they have done something on purpose to slow down progress on something I am working on . Or some other things that I really do not even want to get into . Which have personally affected me .

Granted there are people involved in mugen that think they made a couple of characters , so the community should bow before them . Or some people that think the mugen community owes them something for other reasons . That kind of attitude is bad . But can be easily ignored . Unfortunately for me at times being IMT , I have to deal with this type of attitude more than you would . I used to be kind of a hot head before . But now I try to see both sides of things & just calm a situation down . Even if it means I have to split a topic or something    

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 04:02:27 PM »
The Moral to this would be: Mugen was made to create and share, not to criticize?
Forums were to created to show what you can do, not to critcize stuff. Keyword: Criticize.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 04:13:24 PM »
you are aware that some other can take your work just like you take the others work

This isn't a excuse, you know?

If you dont agree only dont comment anything about your work and keep it in private for you use only

This is why some creators have hidden and private chars. I like it? NO. its necessary? Saddly, yes. Even I do have chars that just my close friends have...and only them will have.

so if you take part on a share community ,should not be arrogant or jealous if you do the same ,not only share to prove other you superiority

What do you mean with Arrogant? Please, call a spade a spade, give names.

Real Creators (the REAL ONES, not the wanna-bes) Share their creations because THEY WANT, not to PROVE anything. Someone that need to prove anything is an idiot :)

Many creator, like me, has a law: I do char for MYSELF, to ME enjoy. I just put my work at my site because If I like, someone would like. If they like, good. If they don't like, good too. There is no need to cry when someone don't lkike your char..."bosy don't cry", remember that song?

Forums were to created to show what you can do, not to critcize stuff. Keyword: Criticize.

no, its the OPPOSITE: forums were created to people gave constructive criticism. Any adult SHOULD handle it.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2009, 04:35:14 PM by O Ilusionista »

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 05:03:25 PM »
Find the people you like, and ignore the rest.
best way to play in any online community

Offline Jason Todd

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 24, 2011, 10:59:17 AM
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 06:26:09 PM »
well let change the mood a bit. i use to like the old infinity better back in the days. i left for a bit and came back a few months later and everything had change, from infinity being a power warehouse to going legit, infinity team members, infinity having there own home and not being on those free forums any longer (big thumbs up). don't get me wrong i like the new infinity also but like i said, i miss the old vibe this place had before. one more question? what did happen to most of the original members? i see acey, eskro, excursion, sabaki, scar, the great matsutzu and trasgo7 around here sometimes, but were are the rest like luffy, sosa, bulldog, doctor crow, eternaga, goenitz, mr. fortune, phinsfan, tiago frossard, xsane and that is all that i remember. if i forgot someone i apologise it's been a long time. are they still around or did they pack up and leave.

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 06:30:18 PM »
well let change the mood a bit. i use to like the old infinity better back in the days. i left for a bit and came back a few months later and everything had change, from infinity being a power warehouse to going legit, infinity team members, infinity having there own home and not being on those free forums any longer (big thumbs up). don't get me wrong i like the new infinity also but like i said, i miss the old vibe this place had before. one more question? what did happen to most of the original members? i see acey, eskro, excursion, sabaki, scar, the great matsutzu and trasgo7 around here sometimes, but were are the rest like luffy, sosa, bulldog, doctor crow, eternaga, goenitz, mr. fortune, phinsfan, tiago frossard, xsane and that is all that i remember. if i forgot someone i apologise it's been a long time. are they still around or did they pack up and leave.

Actually the Infinity wiki talks about a few of these (accessible form the main site)

Sosa, Luffy, Goenits are all still here, just occupied often. Doc Crow was unfortunately banned took Mr. Fortune (a good guy) with him, Bulldog and phinsfan were both banned for leaking unreleased wips.

I miss the old "rebel" days too sometimes but things change.

Offline GodzFire

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 08, 2023, 07:31:44 PM
  • Giggity
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 06:35:27 PM »
I miss Kong, and I've really never even met him, just through his excellent MvC characters. COME BACK! :-(

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »
Kong is still "here", just busy.

Offline ANGELM

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 03, 2018, 05:02:16 AM
  • The One and Only........
    • The new home of MKR
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2009, 07:09:34 PM »
Excuse me if i got off topic but  <_<|...| Yea. What did happen to IMT these days. When i came to this forum, I was met with very nice people. I called this forum my home. I still do. This forum is getting torn apart. I really wish that everything could be back to normal.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2009, 07:11:43 PM »
Excuse me if i got off topic but  <_<|...| Yea. What did happen to IMT these days. When i came to this forum, I was met with very nice people. I called this forum my home. I still do. This forum is getting torn apart. I really wish that everything could be back to normal.

Amen to that
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar