collapse

Author Topic: Poll: PS3 or Wii?  (Read 1669 times)

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
Poll: PS3 or Wii?
« on: July 16, 2008, 11:46:10 PM »
I'm thinking of getting one or the other but at this moment i don't know which to get because i'm torn between two of them... Anyone have an opinion on which i should get (plz support your opinions with evidence)

BTW i'm not sure if i was supposed to post this here or not so please feel free to let me know if i posted this in the right place...
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:31:15 AM by Freaky D »

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Re: PS3 or Wii?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 12:06:52 AM »
wii:most innovating system in the market,supports connectivity with DS,lots of downloadable content.It´s the less expensive of the 3 new gen console

PS3:one of the most powerful consoles available.Great graphics engine(superior than wii).
High price compared to competitors

personally,i would pick wii,but it´s all up to you

Offline Manic

• Cossack's Creation
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 15, 2024, 09:22:40 PM
  • Poot dispenser here.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 12:07:46 AM »
In my opinion, I'd go for the Wii. There's better games out right now than PS3.

I'm just a Playstation hater.  :-"

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 12:10:14 AM »
inb4wiisuckssonyfags360better.

Go for PS3. A bunch of good titles coming soon.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 12:18:29 AM »
Nintendo Wii

I literally rest my feet on my PS3 when I play my Wii or 360 .

The other day it was kind of hot in the house & it wasn't really hot enough to turn on the central air . I wanted to play some games & it was kind of cool & windy outside . So my door kept blowing shut . I propped my PS3 by it to keep the door open .

« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 12:39:39 AM by DARKTALBAIN »
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Whoblehwah

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 23, 2019, 04:17:10 PM
  • Waka waka doo doo yeah!
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 12:21:06 AM »
You should look up all the games availible for each system and see which one has more you like. Personally I'd go for a PS3 since I know Tekken won't be on the wii, and I love Tekken.

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 12:25:59 AM »
Nintendo Wii

I literally rest my feet on my PS3 when I plat my Wii or 360 .

The other day it was kind of hot in the house & it wasn't really hot enough to turn on the central air . I wanted to play some games & it was kind of cool & windy outside . So my door kept blowing shut . I propped my PS3 by it to keep the door open .

lol 0/10

You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2008, 01:00:31 AM »
I'd choose the ps3.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2008, 01:16:39 AM »
i choose WII.. there gonna be another MEGAMAN games there... PLUS ZELDA TWILIGHT PRINCESS!!! WOooooh!!! :w00t: some PS2 games released in PC... so i guess PS3 will do the same... so theres no sense having PS3 if theres on PC. :O*D

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2008, 01:21:14 AM »
Lol i already have Twighlight princess for the Gamecube

You should look up all the games availible for each system and see which one has more you like. Personally I'd go for a PS3 since I know Tekken won't be on the wii, and I love Tekken.

I've done that already.... well sorta, just not with alot of games. I mean the Wii there is Metroid Prime 3 which i'm afraid to get after falling asleep to the first one (literally i fell asleep) but then again i cant help but think how awesome it would be to actually feel like your in the game with the Wii... Then theres Brawl, a game that spawned from one of my favorite series. I can't help but want that after seeing all the gameplay videos and how awesome story mode looks.

As for the PS3 its MGS thats making this choice so hard.. (it used to be MGS and UT3 but now that UT3 is on the XBOX thats one less game i have b**** about not being on the 360) MGS3 was byfar my favorite game on the PS2 and after seeing trailers and gameplay for that, it just drives me nuts that its not on the 360...

Anymore opinions?

Offline BLue BoMBeR

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 29, 2020, 04:59:08 AM
  • MegaMan #1 Fan
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2008, 01:24:01 AM »
oh yeah! i forgot to mention metroid prime corruption.... :D

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 01:32:48 AM »

I've done that already.... well sorta, just not with alot of games. I mean the Wii there is Metroid Prime 3 which i'm afraid to get after falling asleep to the first one (literally i fell asleep) but then again i cant help but think how awesome it would be to actually feel like your in the game with the Wii... Then theres Brawl, a game that spawned from one of my favorite series. I can't help but want that after seeing all the gameplay videos and how awesome story mode looks.

As for the PS3 its MGS thats making this choice so hard.. (it used to be MGS and UT3 but now that UT3 is on the XBOX thats one less game i have b**** about not being on the 360) MGS3 was byfar my favorite game on the PS2 and after seeing trailers and gameplay for that, it just drives me nuts that its not on the 360...

Anymore opinions?

UT3 on the PS3 has mod support, I don't think the UT 3 for the 360 does....yet. Also the PS3 sells  UT 3 for it for 40 bucks compared to 60 bucks on the 360. Hmmm....as for the community...you shouldn't have problems finding people to play with.

Hmmm......alot of games  you would want probably will be on the 360 as well. I am a PS3 owner, but 360 has the better exclusives at the moment, so I would go with the Wii. I don't own a 360 or a Wii, but the better choice since you HAVE a 360 is the Wii. I mean Uncharted is a good game, and if you like Platforming, Ratchet and Clank Future tools is a great game as well. Warhawk is just awsome and great multiplayer fun. It is the battle of exclusives, which system between the PS3 and Nintendo....Nintendo just like its recent past systems has GREAT 1st party games, but 3rd party support isn't that great and 3rd party games just sell poorly. I am just throwing that out there.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2008, 01:39:16 AM by Theendgamelv3 »

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
Re: Poll: PS3 or Wii?
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 02:07:03 AM »
Wii + 360= WIN

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 08:08:51 AM »
I would chose the ps3 as it is a media center for you to watch movies, videos, listen to music, view photos, chat with friends with the in-game XMB(invite them to play a game also), and free online play as the ps3's acts as a really efficient server with it's eight processors where the main processor splits the load to the other 7 processors(it depends if the game was a port from the 360). You also get the convince of one blu-ray game disc instead of three DVD discs for one game. The 40GB is compatible with ps1 games too to let you know, only the 80GB priced at a new low of $400 can play ps2 games and ps1 games. The ps3 has a web browser too with flash 7 for youtube and other sites supporting flash 7. The playstation Store has a video game section and a video section(movies and TV shows!) which is very new to me. They have "My Name is Earl" and one of my favorites "Mythbusters". The playstation platform is supported under a 10 year plan so that means the ps3 is supported to the year 2017 and ps2 games are still being made to this date. The ps3 also has video chat with the PS eye. OK I think I have given plenty of info now and I can't wait for Small Big Planet as all the levels you make you can share with friends as the little guys even smile back to you. :D

Here is a trailer of megs4 for you:
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/25139.htm

I mean would you not play that kind of quality packed game?

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 08:51:35 AM »
inb4wiisuckssonyfags360better.

Go for PS3. A bunch of good titles coming soon.
Agreed.

Anymore opinions?
If you liked MGS3, you'll love MGS4. IMO it's one of the best games ever made, and it's far superior to MGS3 in almost every aspect. Also you have to look forward to gettin love from fighting games such as SF4, MKvsDC, SC4, Tekken 6, and all of them are free to play online. Unless they decide otherwise, but I don't think anybody would make their games pay to play for ps3. Unless it was a mmorpg of course.

Offline Gaijin

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 19, 2016, 06:01:36 PM
  • Wishing she was real
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2008, 11:29:43 AM »
go for the ps3 by far. what we are talking bout here is the long run. in the long run the ps3 is going to crush the wii. remember a lot of the really cool games wont be made for the wii because they are too graphic for the kids. wii is not completely a kids system by any means though. the 360 is the most problematic of all three consoles so it really isnt worth it and theres a huge risk in buying because of that. im not a hater and am not bias in anyway. wii is good and innovative true enough and it sure is fun to play but really do u want to pass up all the good games in the long run graphics and gameplay wise and have to sit back wishing u could play this and that or do u want have all the powerful system with all the great games that will be coming out in the future and near future? the choice is yours. just because the wii doesnt cost a lot doesnt mean a thing. with the ps3 your are paying for quality and quality is what you are going to get. though both are quality machines.

SIG BY AKEME & ROSALINA BY LG

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2008, 01:12:26 PM »
You should get both they are two different types of systems, or wait until nintendo comes out with a high def Wii.  For know I would say a wii until ps3 become more reasonable
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2008, 01:33:11 PM »
Remember cheaper does not always mean a better product as I bought my 60GB PS3 at $500 and so far in my 10-11 months owning the console which I bought with my own cash has not have any Hardware problems.

You are missing stuff like this if you go for a Wii:
http://us.playstation.com/granturismo/media.asp?m_section=movies

Offline PBRTODD101

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 31, 2020, 04:40:04 PM
  • Dyro, my original character
    • Alshary's MUGEN Paradise
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2008, 02:49:42 PM »
I suggest you get a Wii, even though I voted the get a life one for the lulz
My junky website is still online, if anyone's interested.

Offline killahj77

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 29, 2010, 02:10:10 AM
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2008, 01:03:24 AM »
 Its me  your local or not game console fella. I have 2 wii's 3 xbox360's and now 2 ps3's, just got a white import  :-[ If you don't have any console and those are the one's you are on the edge on getting than ps3 is your choice. With few and far between good games on the wii and games that looked better on gamecube. Other than the games with mario in the title they all suck besides the ports from last gen re4 ect... PS3 on the other hand you will get all the big games a bluray player a huge jump in graphics. When you decide on a upgrade on your tv you will be that much happier you got a ps3. My wii has not been on for a long time I call it my $250 nitelight =P~ Still have about 8 games on it mario cart being the most recently added, played it 2 times my kids played it a little more not much. The ps3 gets a little more love not by much but I have played it more than the wii, MGS and unreal 3 most recently added, if money is the issue i would just get a 360. Best of both worlds same price as the wii ,same graphics of the ps3, yes the same I have the best looking game on ps3 MGS and gears still looks better as a whole. I got them hooked up to plasma tv's hdmi with surround sound. You ask any one with both and they will tell you that they play 360 more, if they don't they most are most likely bSing and only have ps3. I put a post up with pic's of all the consoles and games i have no bs here, ps3 just can't compare with the games. I won't start on the online :-j So there you go, money low get a wii ,got alot of bread ps3 is your man ,don't have any next gen 360 is for you 8-}

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2008, 03:28:02 PM »
Wii has Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3.

And No More Heroes.

I'd mention Wii Fit but I doubt anyone would be interested.

I could also mention Twilight Princess but the game is also out for GCN and the GCN version is, in my opinion, better.

I could also mention Mario Kart Wii but I don't know how many people are fans.  One of the main reasons I got the Wii was for the next Mario Kart.  I've been a fan since the N64 Mario Kart title.  I couldn't really tolerate Super Mario Kart all that much...

There's also Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

The above mentioned are exclusives and I know I'm missing more but this is off the top of my head.

For the PS3, you have Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, and the next Tekken and Gran Turismo games as exclusives, I think.  I'm sure there are more but I'm thinking you'll find a similar experience if you purchase an Xbox 360.  Although if you want a cheap blu-ray player, go with the PS3.

If I had the option (the money) of getting a PS3 or 360, I'd get a 360 just for Lost Odyssey.  Now THAT is a true Final Fantasy game.  Forget Final Fantasy XIII.

But yeah, Wii for me.  I can't wait to download that Strongbad game.   ;D

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline ivan872007

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 02, 2011, 12:40:40 PM
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2008, 12:00:40 AM »

And No More Heroes.

I could also mention Twilight Princess but the game is also out for GCN and the GCN version is, in my opinion, better.

I could also mention Mario Kart Wii but I don't know how many people are fans.  One of the main reasons I got the Wii was for the next Mario Kart.  I've been a fan since the N64 Mario Kart title.  I couldn't really tolerate Super Mario Kart all that much...

The above mentioned are exclusives and I know I'm missing more but this is off the top of my head.

For the PS3, you have Metal Gear Solid 4, God of War 3, and the next Tekken and Gran Turismo games as exclusives, I think.  I'm sure there are more but I'm thinking you'll find a similar experience if you purchase an Xbox 360.  Although if you want a cheap blu-ray player, go with the PS3.

If I had the option (the money) of getting a PS3 or 360, I'd get a 360 just for Lost Odyssey.  Now THAT is a true Final Fantasy game.  Forget Final Fantasy XIII.

you gotta be kidding. lost odyssey is just a wannabe. I have that game and bearly got trough the first disc. it felt like playing and old school jrgp with decent graphics, not to mention the horrible load times.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2008, 12:04:56 AM »

And No More Heroes.

you gotta be kidding. lost odyssey is just a wannabe. I have that game and bearly got trough the first disc. it felt like playing and old school jrgp with decent graphics, not to mention the horrible load times.

Looks to me that you don't care so much for a good story.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2008, 02:49:38 AM »

And No More Heroes.

Looks to me that you don't care so much for a good story.

Or an "old school jrgp."

When it comes to new Final Fantasy titles, the only "new" games I can tolerate are the ports and remakes for GBA and DS.

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline nick09

• Contributor
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2008, 12:59:57 PM »
In rpg's all that really matters is the storyline. Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy VII are my favorites for rpgs because of the balance of the content that the games had and the music could get you going too. I will be getting Final Fantasy XIII as the game looks great and by the looks of it, it is gonna have a good storyline to it.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar