Author Topic: SAW 4  (Read 2621 times)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
SAW 4
« on: October 28, 2007, 01:20:36 AM »
i just finished watching this movie and i have to say it was worth buying the ticket for "why did i get married" but i sneaked in saw 4 >:D and it was a very good movie well planned better than the 3RD IMO but the ending was really fu**d up but seeing as how in this movie series then endings are always leaving you asking questions get ready for part 5 next year hopefully and someone that every one thought was dead is back not saying who but overall go see this movie it's worth it people.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
Re: SAW 4
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2007, 03:28:43 AM »
Sadly, I thought differently. I walked in and out disappointed. Then I walked in to watch 30 days of night again.  :DxDie

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2007, 03:34:31 AM »
Sadly, I thought differently. I walked in and out disappointed. Then I walked in to watch 30 days of night again.  :DxDie
:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2007, 09:22:48 PM »
I just got back from watching it. I thought it was a good movie. Not as good as the others, but still good. My ex-gf was saying it was a horrible movie and told me not go see it, and she likes the Saw series (she hates horror films, but I got her to like the Saw series somehow) I also thought the build up tension for the traps in the first two were a lot better. I'd give it about an 8/10.

The first one will always be my favorite :thumbsup:

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Red Venom

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2007, 09:26:25 PM »
egh...it's not what you call good in my terms it's like all the other movies it's just erie w/ torture and mind games that's about it hostile was better and it had no point to it except sex and kill and torture.

Offline HollowWestward

• Last Login:January 09, 2010, 02:46:08 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2007, 10:24:56 PM »
egh...it's not what you call good in my terms it's like all the other movies it's just erie w/ torture and mind games that's about it hostile was better and it had no point to it except sex and kill and torture.
idk dude, I thought this movie was awesome imo, like a 4 outta 5 stars at least even tho the second one is my fav  :P, i prefer this that hostile cause yes it had no point expect sex, kill, and torture but that's basically it  ??? just a snuf film i felt i wasn't money on the first so i didn't bother with the second anyways i liked this movie cause it makes u think, my money worth it imo ;D

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2007, 10:34:28 PM »
I agree. My rating for the movie would be about a
2/5, this movie just kind of gave me the feeling that it's trying too hard.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2007, 01:09:22 PM »

Huh? Hostle better?

Do people not know that the Saw films has something that every other horror film doesn't and that's... A STORY, and a good one at that? People these days [-X People need to look past the gore factor of the Saw series because they are missing out on a lot.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Sasuke-kun

• Presea Fan and
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:October 18, 2013, 01:26:43 PM
  • 50% output should be sufficient...
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2007, 03:26:03 PM »
Very well said Teros. XD||
Lloyd: Presea, no one can stand against your axe!!!
Presea: The enemy has been defeated. We should move on.
Lloyd: Cold...

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2007, 05:18:51 PM »

Huh? Hostle better?

Do people not know that the Saw films has something that every other horror film doesn't and that's... A STORY, and a good one at that? People these days [-X People need to look past the gore factor of the Saw series because they are missing out on a lot.
What gore factor? Tis Childs play (no pun Chuckie intended).

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2007, 05:31:55 PM »
What gore factor? Tis Childs play (no pun Chuckie intended).

Childs play? How was anything in Saw IV not gorey? I'm going to assume you walked into the wrong movie.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2007, 05:35:20 PM »
Nope. I've seen much gorier films. This is why I don't like Hollywood Horror films anymore.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2007, 05:39:02 PM »
Nope. I've seen much gorier films. This is why I don't like Hollywood Horror films anymore.

As I said, the Saw films aren't even about the gore factor. It has a story. Did you seriously go in expecting to watch a gore-ography movie? I hate senseless gore movies.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline seanp2500

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 21, 2009, 10:45:57 PM
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2007, 06:51:28 PM »
Has anyone ever seen the japaneese film audition?

I liked saw 1 and 2. 3 was meh ok. I am happy people had good things to say about saw 4.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2007, 06:59:43 PM »

As I said, the Saw films aren't even about the gore factor. It has a story. Did you seriously go in expecting to watch a gore-ography movie? I hate senseless gore movies.
not me man. Horror movies to me should be all about the gore-disturb factor.
I don't feel anything from a horror movie that can't horrify me.
Although almost all Horror films have their own stories.
Michael Myers kills because of an ancient ritual that happens only on Halloween night.
Jason kills because he's taking revenge on humanity for his horrible childhood.
I don't know exactly why Freddy kills

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »
Michael Myers kills because of an ancient ritual that happens only on Halloween night.

Gore-disturb? What movies catagory to that?

Speaking of Jason, apparently the same people who remade the Texas Chainsaw Massacre is remaking the original Friday the 13th. I hope it's good because TTCM remake was a lot better than the original... especially with Jessica Biel :P

The Saw films always make you think, that's why I enjoy them.

**SPOILER**
Remember the scene with Hoffman where he is carrying a teddy bear and the women asks him "daughter or son?". He responds "... long story". You know who that was for right? Jeff's daughter who is locked up from the 3rd film. I didn't think anything of it till after the movie was over. See it's not obvious at all till you think about it.

Has anyone ever seen the japaneese film audition?

I liked saw 1 and 2. 3 was meh ok. I am happy people had good things to say about saw 4.

Japanese? I'm intrigued.

Yeah, 3 was good but not the best. Also, the critics don't seem to be very fond of the movie. I don't know why, but then again film critics are harsh and usually only base it off what they think and nothing else. If I was to review something, I wouldn't base it off mostly my opinion, but instead what would most think of the movie/game.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2007, 07:19:01 PM by Teros »

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2007, 08:01:54 PM »

remember he raped children so they set him on Fire!.Freddy i mean.

(click to show/hide)

Offline seanp2500

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2007, 12:05:37 PM »
In case anyone is curious this is the film I was talking about.  I think I saw it subbed....

http://bt.avistaz.com/details.php?id=61f16265bde1d1df0a1fe725de4735848f2f19b3

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2007, 09:08:26 AM »
saw the movie is dead....... sh*t sucked and is gonna continue to dissapoint horror movie fans

Offline Gore Whore

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 04, 2012, 03:03:17 AM
  • Hail TO the King
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2007, 11:43:32 AM »

everyone clap for this man  =D>

me and you both man.   true gore horror doesnt go to theaters cause there too much, i hate anything horror that makes it to hollywood and theaters cause there not gory or scary at all.    check out gore classics like evil dead 1 & 2, bad taste, dead alive(goriest film ever), Cannibal Hollicaust, traces of death.

AND THEY NEED TO STOP REMAKING 5 STAR HORROR CLASSICS!!! like  halloween (which was horriible by the way),  and soon to come childs play and friday the 13th!!!!!    \-/o     they cannnot top the classics.

when they remade texas chainsaw that was alright cause the original was not that great and was not 5 star.    but i do not want to let hollywood mess up the classic killers...... jason, freddy, chucky, michael(which they already killed)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2007, 05:06:13 PM »
everyone clap for this man 

me and you both man.   true gore horror doesnt go to theaters cause there too much, i hate anything horror that makes it to hollywood and theaters cause there not gory or scary at all.    check out gore classics like evil dead 1 & 2, bad taste, dead alive(goriest film ever), Cannibal Hollicaust, traces of death.

AND THEY NEED TO STOP REMAKING 5 STAR HORROR CLASSICS!!! like  halloween (which was horriible by the way),  and soon to come childs play and friday the 13th!!!!!         they cannnot top the classics.

when they remade texas chainsaw that was alright cause the original was not that great and was not 5 star.    but i do not want to let hollywood mess up the classic killers...... jason, freddy, chucky, michael(which they already killed)

I completly Agree! Dead Alive's Peter Jackson's best film ever, better than LOTR.

Remakes suck most of the time, specially Hollywood remakes, can't top the original! :)

*Claps*

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2007, 07:18:15 PM »
okay you guys want gore go to your local video store and rent traces of death  ;).

(click to show/hide)

Offline dl316bh

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:January 01, 2011, 08:07:24 PM
  • The Metal God
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2007, 11:57:23 PM »
I love how "horror film" is associated with the largest amount of blood and disgusting things someone can put into a movie. Guys, I've got news for you, that's not scary, and if you think it is, then you've really been suckered into the new generation of "horror". Things have progressed so badly that the only thing that people can be scared by these days is lots of gore and things as disgusting as possible.

I can walk into just about any horror movie and predict their scares, when they would happen and what would happen. I can also expect to see something "more disgusting" than previous movies. Then I check my watch, which no decent movie should have you do. Then after it's over, I wonder why I wasted my money.

When people go into horror and just want more blood, guts and gore and more story driven films are left by the wayside, then I personally think it's time to throw in the jock. Those kind of horror films will never, ever hold up years down the road, and eventually, you won't be able to tell one in your mind from the other.

That's because there's nothing standing out. Just blood, blood, blood. No defining characteristic that sets it apart from the pack of other gore splashers. No thanks. Some of the best horror films of all time had a semblance of story to them and created a mythology that extended beyond the movies. Aliens, Predator, John Carpenters "The Thing", In the Mouth of Madness, Night of the Living Dead. Far as I'm concerned, few other scattered exceptions I can't remember offhand aside, Saw has been the only movie franchise to continuously measure up these days. We used to have a genre specifically for that kind of crap, for that kind of mood. It was called "slasher flicks", and at last count, we seem to have quite enough of them. I love a good slasher flick at times, but it's taken over and horror has become so dumb. That's what horror is now. Gore and dumbness.

If that's your idea of entertainment, then count me out. I'm so tired of today's horror. Nobody in that genre these days seem to know how to make a decent movie.

Personally, I think the best thing in the world for the horror genre would be for it to die out for a half decade or so and then someone comes along looking at it from a fresh, less blood soaked perspective. It'd be refreshing, but I doubt it'll happen, sadly.

Now that I've bored you all with my rants, I suppose I'm done for now.

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2007, 05:14:27 PM »
saw the movie is dead....... sh*t sucked and is gonna continue to dissapoint horror movie fans

Dissapoint? I've heard positive things from the fans, including myself. You're just in it for the gore I presume? As I tried proving numerous of times in this topic, the movie actually has story devleopment that makes you think. Again, the Saw series isn't a gore-ography film like the peice of crap called Hostel.

Remakes suck most of the time, specially Hollywood remakes, can't top the original! :)

Texas Chainsaw Massacre Remake > Original

Something the original didn't have at all was character development. I didn't feel sorry for anyone that was killed. The dinner scene was so annoying, all I heard were annoying cries. As for the remake, I actually did care because of the character development. Although, I can respect to an extent for what it did at the time the film was made and the low budget they were using.

Also, I agree with everything dl316bh said =D>

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline seanp2500

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2007, 05:38:45 PM »
Say what you will about original Texas chainsaw but it has some moments.  At the end when the young girl is on the road and the trucker stops to help her and leatherface pops out it was insane.  But I agree with the dinner scene.  I hate it.  But it does serve a rather unnerving purpose. 

I loved the new texas chainsaw but it could have been better.  I disliked the 2nd one they did new begining or something?

Why is saw so hated on?  I mean it's not perfect but still...I like 1 + 2 alot

Has anyone ever seen last house on the left?  the original wes craven one?

Has anyone checked out Audition since I posted that link?

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar