collapse

Author Topic: Why is Japanese sh*t so hot?  (Read 2900 times)

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
Re: Why is Japanese sh*t so hot?
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2007, 11:59:57 AM »
I just like their culture.
Yeah likewise.  Im not obsessed with their alphabet tho.  Its just letters  :-??

The cartoons are better and more open when it comes to profanity and violence. 
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2007, 12:03:46 PM »

In the dubbed version,that scene was heaviliy edited,as well as how that guy`s kid died(illness in dub,hit by a car in original)
And i heard also they censored DBZ in the freeza saga(Freeza goes through Krillin with his horn,then he gets healed but you can tell he got injured as his armor has a hole on it!)
I'm pretty sure they aren't going to leave that scene out in the uncut version. LOL. I remember the new version of DBZ, the uncut. During the Namek Saga Vegeta swore hella lot, which was probably what got the uncut version off the air and the original Dub back on in the first place. Sigh, I miss watching episodes of the uncut on cartoon network.  >:(

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 01, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
  • I'm different than before, I'm wearing new shoes!
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2007, 12:13:54 PM »
I just like their culture.
Yeah likewise.  Im not obsessed with their alphabet tho.  Its just letters  :-??

The cartoons are better and more open when it comes to profanity and violence. 
the question is it the show or the profanity that makes it better. while western are more censored some of them do catch my attention more while alot of the dubbed and censored anime ends up butchered simply because the profanity, violence, etc  was taken out. imo i dont think that stuff should be *needed* to make one better than the other i'm sure if western cartoons ended up there with anime on profanity and violence that it'd cause a change in opinion.
back from the dead

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2007, 12:30:27 PM »
I just never really cared for anime. Just what was hot at the time it was out (i.e. Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ, and Digimon). I just never cared to watch 4 episodes of two guys preparing to fight. Really, during the Buu saga there were whole episodes of grrrrs and ahhhhs . I would just be like "fight sh*t", thats when anime really fell off for me since I fell asleep on about every episode. Really, take out the hour long charging up and maybe it wouldn't be that bad. Profanity, not life or death, it's just a cartoon. Lil kids are gonna be the ones who wanna watch it just because it has profanity. If you're just in it for the cussing watch real movies.

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2007, 12:33:17 PM »
Everything sounds cooler in japanese... Compare the Voice acting from Yugioh in Japanese to the one in english.

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »
I just never cared to watch 4 episodes of two guys preparing to fight. Really, during the Buu saga there were whole episodes of grrrrs and ahhhhs . I would just be like "fight sh*t", thats when anime really fell off for me since I fell asleep on about every episode. Really, take out the hour long charging up and maybe it wouldn't be that bad.
:D i feel you there, can't tell you how many times i yelled *JUST F***IN' FIGHT ALREADY* they take about 15 minutes charging up and then 15 more minutes talking  ~X( which is why i felt dragonball was better.

something i like about the japanese are there attitudes alot of the foreign exchange students or ones i've talked to don't get pissy over small things and they like to learn from mistakes and things which is a big break from alot of people where i live. the jap culture is just fun to be around imo.
back from the dead

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2007, 12:40:44 PM »
I just never really cared for anime. Just what was hot at the time it was out (i.e. Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh, DBZ, and Digimon). I just never cared to watch 4 episodes of two guys preparing to fight. Really, during the Buu saga there were whole episodes of grrrrs and ahhhhs . I would just be like "fight sh*t", thats when anime really fell off for me since I fell asleep on about every episode. Really, take out the hour long charging up and maybe it wouldn't be that bad. Profanity, not life or death, it's just a cartoon. Lil kids are gonna be the ones who wanna watch it just because it has profanity. If you're just in it for the cussing watch real movies.
The Buu saga sucked, except for Vegito.  Anything after the Cell saga can go in the garbage.  Kids dont watch it for the profanity cause the American dubs have no profanity.  American cartoons really do suck not counting cartoons like Family Guy, The Simpsons, and others like it.  I watch Anime for the story lines.  F*ck profanity I curse more than they do on a daily basis that aint exciting anyone.  I said they were more open to it as opposed to our shows and cartoons were almost everything is censored.  The fights do take forever tho.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2007, 12:44:15 PM »
cuz american ppl dont no how to whoop there kids
but anime is WAY WAAAAAY to dramatic so i cant watch it all the retarted yellin gets to me "I hate u AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa" then they just sit there talkin mess

thats why there are no blk ppl in anime cuz u no the first person to throw a punch if sum1 wuz talkin mess :D :D
same

and if u dont show ur kids the bad things and tell them why there bad

one day they will see it and go insane or addicted
or just wierd

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2007, 12:56:17 PM »
F*ck profanity I curse more than they do on a daily basis that aint exciting anyone.
:DxDie
But yeah, American cartoons do kinda suck. They're always about doing the right thing and helping others. <_<|...| There are a few I watch (Simpsons, ATHF, Legion of Superheroes, The Batman, and Johnny Test). The last 3 are only 'cause I always wake up early on Saturday mornings I swear :-" . Thanks to those damn terrorists they can barely show guns on cartoons anymore, unless they're shooting those beam things or whatever.
Bat-boomerangs
I take serious offense to this. The things are called Batarangs  >:(

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2007, 12:57:33 PM »
thats why there are no blk ppl in anime cuz u no the first person to throw a punch if sum1 wuz talkin mess :D :D
:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie so wrong but so true XD i like the more obscure anime because just like everything else it's better than main stream. imo in terms of look even though anime has always had the shading i swear most anime characters cameo in other animes. XD thats something i like a bit more about western is there aren't alot similarities in style unless from the same artists *or if your  disney :P* one thing i can say about both they can get pretty damn cheesy and im not talking *well that was cheesy* cheesy i mean *WTF?! do people even say that anymore?* cheesy
back from the dead

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2007, 01:01:19 PM »
:D  :DxDie The only blk person Ive seen in an anime is Mr Popo.

Bat-boomerangs
:D :DxDie :DxDie  Oh sh*t, lol.  But the Justice League cartoons were my favs
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2007, 01:01:28 PM »
Jules Winnfield, ever hear of 'The Boondocks'? :thumbsup:

That's the only anime out there where the majority of characters are black. You're right though; they cuss more than in a normal anime, but it was pretty cool to watch.

Too bad it's not on Adult Swim anymore. <_<|...|

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2007, 01:02:50 PM »
When there are blk people thay always draw them with huge lips or something. Like the guy from RR on Dragonball or Jynx from Pokemon. Mr. Popo is the worst of the worst. They might as well of just had a KKK member on Kami's lookout.

That's the only anime out there where the majority of characters are black. You're right though; they cuss more than in a normal anime, but it was pretty cool to watch.

Boondocks wasn't really anime. It was more of a comic looking design. But you could make the argument. Plus, wasn't it made in America?

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2007, 01:03:05 PM »

*record scratch* boondocks technicly isnt anime considering it was made in america :P *sorry lol* also season 2 oct 8 :thumbsup:
back from the dead

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2007, 01:04:28 PM »

The Boondocks was a comic u could read in the newspaper.  Not an Anime.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline TrunkJunky

• Re-emerging Stage Maker
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 26, 2014, 10:09:54 PM
  • I know nothing about making anything anymore.
    • TrunJunky MUGEN Partay Mode!!!
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2007, 01:11:21 PM »
Actually, the political term would be 'American Anime'. :-j

And AceWonder20, it was made into a T.V. show. L-)

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2007, 01:18:47 PM »
*Booondocks is a great AMERICAN comic strip.  <_<|google| Aaron McGruder...he started it in his college newspaper. I have all the Books. I honestly think the show is tasteless in comparison to the comics. But I do give props for the shock value of the cartoon....Wake Up

Is it me or does a lot of anime seem kinda homosexual? I have nothing against that lifestyle but sometimes I wonder between the comedy, music and revealing scenes of characters. Seriously, there are too many times when Ive watched anime and thought "WTF was that ?". /:)

And why does it take 4-5 episodes to complete a short story?  ~X(

I honestly prefer a lotta old school anime but the newer stuff that has cgi incorporated jus looks  :o
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:29:29 PM by MunkyMouf »
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2007, 01:36:13 PM »
F*ck profanity I curse more than they do on a daily basis that aint exciting anyone.
But yeah, American cartoons do kinda suck. They're always about doing the right thing and helping others. <_<|...| There are a few I watch (Simpsons, ATHF, Legion of Superheroes, The Batman, and Johnny Test). The last 3 are only 'cause I always wake up early on Saturday mornings I swear :-" . Thanks to those damn terrorists they can barely show guns on cartoons anymore, unless they're shooting those beam things or whatever.
Bat-boomerangs

Sorry about my ignorance, but I'm no Batman fan. Actually I hate both him and Superman and all the DC universe. If I had to say which my favorite super-hero is, I'd say Captain America.

But I have to admit some American cartoons are good: Biker Mice From Mars and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, for example.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:38:00 PM by Ryu # 18 »

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2007, 01:41:42 PM »
Actually, the political term would be 'American Anime'. :-j

And AceWonder20, it was made into a T.V. show. L-)
I said WAS a comic.  Pay attention  [-X
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline shootYr.

• [Magnum]
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 11, 2012, 07:27:16 PM
  • What're you gonna do to me?...
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2007, 01:42:54 PM »

Umm.... Was it really nessesary to violate rule #1?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:46:18 PM by Ghost »

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »
It was edited.  My bad  :-[
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 01:46:55 PM by AceWonder20 »
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2007, 01:44:57 PM »
Everyone one loves this Anime, Manga, and now everyone has these Japanese letters in their names. I just never got why Japanese stuff is so hot. :-?? Could somebody explain? \-/o

u know i been tryin to ask da same question i dont like anime except for samurai champloo my dads a black radical so i cant be obsessed wit japan besides im happy wit my black heritage we have the most amazing history and i would never waiste my time tryin to be japanese when im goin to be black for life XD||

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2007, 01:46:18 PM »
Just by the fact that we like anime don't mean we want to be Japanese, pal... Let's not make a racial matter out of this.

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2007, 01:47:27 PM »
Just by the fact that we like anime don't mean we want to be Japanese, pal... Let's not make a racial matter out of this.
Some people do take it too far. 
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2007, 01:47:51 PM »
cuz american ppl dont no how to whoop there kids
but anime is WAY WAAAAAY to dramatic so i cant watch it all the retarted yellin gets to me "I hate u AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa" then they just sit there talkin mess

same

and if u dont show ur kids the bad things and tell them why there bad

one day they will see it and go insane or addicted
or just wierd

:DxDie hella true

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar