collapse

Author Topic: Why is Japanese sh*t so hot?  (Read 2909 times)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
Re: Why is Japanese sh*t so hot?
« Reply #75 on: September 30, 2007, 11:57:49 AM »
I don't see anything wrong on cosplaying either, after all as long as you don't offend anyone everything's O.K.

I'm not a cosplayer or anything, but I'd like to cosplay Terry Bogard (But I lack long blond hair, blue eyes and some muscle mass :P). Well, my old school uniform actually was kinda like his clothes (Red jacket, white t-shirt, blue jeans).
I have a brown jacket now which is similar to his current one, but is normal street-wear, you wouldn't notice any cosplaying.

You live in democracy and I live in democracy, so if someone wants to cosplay without causing any trouble and wants to give him/herself a Japanese name, he/she's entitled to it. If there are some b***ards who call you a geek, you have three choices: You give up, you ignore them, or you go out there and LAY THE JAPANESE SMACKDOWN on their roody-poo candy @$$es!

lol true but depending on the area ur in ur cosplaying at ur own risk. like if u lived in san mateo like i did for one year it was natural to see cosplayers i didnt really mind at the time which was last year. because at that time i liked a lot of anime but when i  moved back into the hood well u know da hood brain washes ppl its forced me not to like anime but da hood could never make me not like mugen

Offline karbrino

• Last Login:November 13, 2010, 11:05:51 PM
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: September 30, 2007, 01:24:42 PM »
Basically, they have more freedom to do with their art than the American-restricted-form. That why we love it more, they have more option and unrestricted than American can do. And Dubbed sucks my ball, I can't stand it. Fansub FTW!
"It takes a revolution to make a solution..." - Bob Marley

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: September 30, 2007, 03:15:37 PM »
I don't see anything wrong on cosplaying either, after all as long as you don't offend anyone everything's O.K.

I'm not a cosplayer or anything, but I'd like to cosplay Terry Bogard (But I lack long blond hair, blue eyes and some muscle mass :P). Well, my old school uniform actually was kinda like his clothes (Red jacket, white t-shirt, blue jeans).
I have a brown jacket now which is similar to his current one, but is normal street-wear, you wouldn't notice any cosplaying.

You live in democracy and I live in democracy, so if someone wants to cosplay without causing any trouble and wants to give him/herself a Japanese name, he/she's entitled to it. If there are some b***ards who call you a geek, you have three choices: You give up, you ignore them, or you go out there and LAY THE JAPANESE SMACKDOWN on their roody-poo candy @$$es!

lol true but depending on the area ur in ur cosplaying at ur own risk. like if u lived in san mateo like i did for one year it was natural to see cosplayers i didnt really mind at the time which was last year. because at that time i liked a lot of anime but when i  moved back into the hood well u know da hood brain washes ppl its forced me not to like anime but da hood could never make me not like mugen

That's precisely what I was thinking about why I said you had three choices regarding other people's criticisms. You say "da hood" forces you not to like anime? Well, there you are: Either you give in to what they say, you pay no attention, or you tell the straight in their faces: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!"

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 09, 2013, 11:03:16 AM
    • http://youtube.com/AceWonder20
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: September 30, 2007, 03:23:40 PM »
He looks nothing like a black man?  What color is his skin?  BLACK!!  He's a black man alright.  Just not the black ur thinking of.

Okay, thats it im officially done here. I said I wasnt trying to start anything and it looks to be getting there <_<|...| not just because of Ace either
:DxDie  I was just messin wit u.

That's precisely what I was thinking about why I said you had three choices regarding other people's criticisms. You say "da hood" forces you not to like anime? Well, there you are: Either you give in to what they say, you pay no attention, or you tell the straight in their faces: "IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!"
That right there will get u put on ur a$$ or much worse.  Like Nutpatch said, that stuff doesnt fly around here or in other urban neighborhoods.  Its crowded here, I dont care how emotionally tough u are, walkin through a crowded urban area dressed like Naruto where everyone is wearing "gangsta" clothing isnt easy.  Numerous stares are the least of ur problems.  Ppl out here are crazy.  U have to experience it to understand. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2007, 03:30:32 PM by AceWonder20 »
Siggy by shinrahunter

Check out my MUGEN vids here - YouTube - AceWonder20's Channel
PSN: AceWonder20

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: September 30, 2007, 05:24:11 PM »
I dont care how emotionally tough u are, walkin through a crowded urban area dressed like Naruto where everyone is wearing "gangsta" clothing isnt easy.  Numerous stares are the least of ur problems.  Ppl out here are crazy.  U have to experience it to understand. 
:DxDie
Truth, I support doing what you want and being your own person. But if you come walking down the street in Detroit barefoot with pink pajamas on and saying your last name is Hibiki without getting shot, you are the greatest.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: September 30, 2007, 06:52:10 PM »
He looks nothing like a black man?  What color is his skin?  BLACK!!  He's a black man alright.  Just not the black ur thinking of.

Okay, thats it im officially done here. I said I wasnt trying to start anything and it looks to be getting there <_<|...| not just because of Ace either

That right there will get u put on ur a$$ or much worse.  Like Nutpatch said, that stuff doesnt fly around here or in other urban neighborhoods.  Its crowded here, I dont care how emotionally tough u are, walkin through a crowded urban area dressed like Naruto where everyone is wearing "gangsta" clothing isnt easy.  Numerous stares are the least of ur problems.  Ppl out here are crazy.  U have to experience it to understand. 

so true man da hood i liv in, in cali is so dangerous sometimes that everyone has a curfew at 11:00 u dont really see much white ppl cause of da crime rate if u have a lot of money and ur flossin it ur definently goin home broke if u even survive but i guess da hood isnt completely straight because on halloween even ppl in da hood is cosplayin soooo i dont know

Offline Esq.

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 07, 2013, 09:43:21 PM
    • Esq. - MySpace page
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2007, 01:11:50 AM »
Wow...what the hell happened here?

Anyways...I just think the Japanese culture is cool, alot more interesting than the Western culture. They're not afraid to be different, and will try damn near anything once.

Offline Ryu # 20

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 04, 2016, 08:34:54 AM
  • Justice Fighter
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2007, 01:03:46 PM »

Maybe, but I wasn't talking about getting in the wolf's fangs... ;D

Offline SiddtheKidd

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 01, 2011, 02:42:13 PM
  • I'm different than before, I'm wearing new shoes!
    • Brawlers Avenue
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2007, 06:58:28 PM »
Anyways...I just think the Japanese culture is cool, alot more interesting than the Western culture. They're not afraid to be different, and will try damn near anything once.
couldnt be closer to the truth. but i can say that the western is sorta like the jap cartoons where alot of the little known toons out there are pretty damn good compared to the mainstream.
back from the dead

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2007, 01:40:02 AM »
Wow...what the hell happened here?

:D Yeah we went off topic a bit.  I agree the culture is cool, but I love my culture way too much to follow theirs as far as some. 
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2007, 01:36:19 PM »
everything in japan is cool because we dont live there haha forreal........this is said because I am a huge car nut and to me and everyone I know japan is the mecca of car related items but most recently I have had some friends move to japan and they say its the other way around......so its just all about where you are from

my new one

Offline bigdon9

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 23, 2010, 09:39:28 AM
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2007, 07:48:31 AM »
its because they  are different anything out of the ordinary will always interest u

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2007, 07:22:31 PM »
probably true but it seems like ppl want to be black or japanese. and im not bein racist but that combonation of race is pretty good i got this girl at my school thats half black half japanese man shes helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllla beutiful
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 01:49:12 PM by Nutpatch »

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2007, 10:02:13 PM »
everything in japan is cool because we dont live there haha forreal........this is said because I am a huge car nut and to me and everyone I know japan is the mecca of car related items but most recently I have had some friends move to japan and they say its the other way around......so its just all about where you are from
You are so right my home country is talked about like it is the greatest. One summer I spent a whole month there and got bored. Maybe because I didn't grow up there but still. Anyone I know that brags about it and moves there almost always comes back and changes there tune. It's not all frosting you know there is yellow cake in there.

Thanks DG!

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2007, 01:47:57 PM »
ha see I told you guys

my new one

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2007, 01:50:05 PM »

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2007, 03:04:52 PM »
You are so right my home country is talked about like it is the greatest. One summer I spent a whole month there and got bored. Maybe because I didn't grow up there but still. Anyone I know that brags about it and moves there almost always comes back and changes there tune. It's not all frosting you know there is yellow cake in there.
Thats a good point but the topic is called "why is Japanese sh*t so hot"  not "why is Japan so hot"  I doubt anyone would wanna stay there foreal unless they havent done any research.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline Jay_High19

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:September 18, 2009, 01:24:51 AM
    • Email
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2007, 03:20:57 PM »

I don't think that's why. I doubt the Japanese give a f*** about American culture, but the people here are all on their nuts. And everyone keeps saying it's 'because their different and ordinary', I disagree again. United States is different, but I'm not talking about the people, I'm talking about the stuff. My question is why kids here love all their crap. If they were so different all of their cartoons would look the same. When I flip past Cartoon Network, I can't tell if it's DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Pokemon, Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Naruto, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Inuyasha. It all looks the same.

Offline AceWonder20

• The Ace of all Trades
  • Contributor
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2007, 03:30:38 PM »
If they were so different all of their cartoons would look the same. When I flip past Cartoon Network, I can't tell if it's DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Pokemon, Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Naruto, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Inuyasha. It all looks the same.
Thats a pretty prejudice statement there.  Just cause they look the same doesnt mean they are.   But the kids today are trend followers so its gonna be like that.  The cartoons are more interesting to me than American cartoons.  But u wont see me dressed up like Naruto or anything. I cant explain that.  Also most of the video game systems we use are Japanese so I cant say there sh*t aint hot.
Siggy by shinrahunter

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #94 on: October 06, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »
I don't think that's why. I doubt the Japanese give a f*** about American culture, but the people here are all on their nuts. And everyone keeps saying it's 'because their different and ordinary', I disagree again. United States is different, but I'm not talking about the people, I'm talking about the stuff. My question is why kids here love all their crap. If they were so different all of their cartoons would look the same. When I flip past Cartoon Network, I can't tell if it's DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Pokemon, Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Naruto, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Inuyasha. It all looks the same.

Actually, to tell you the truth, there is a lot of interest in in American pop culture in Japan.  :o.

In a lot of the original language versions of Japanese shows, there's a lot of English interspersed throughout because of this interest. Also, American super-heroes have a rather cult folowing amoung some of the population in Japan as well. (In a lot of ways, it's why the Marvel vs. Capcom franchise even exists.)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 06, 2007, 05:28:21 PM »

:D :DxDie

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #96 on: October 06, 2007, 05:35:35 PM »
Actually, to tell you the truth, there is a lot of interest in in American pop culture in Japan.  :o.

In a lot of the original language versions of Japanese shows, there's a lot of English interspersed throughout because of this interest. Also, American super-heroes have a rather cult folowing amoung some of the population in Japan as well. (In a lot of ways, it's why the Marvel vs. Capcom franchise even exists.)

Yeah, it kinda goes both ways. Ive seen numerous shows and magazines were asian people glorify american things as much as their own. ReallIve only seen them do it with original stuff. There was a documentary somewhere about people the difference/relation between people that walk around in Star Wars costumes vs Anime costumes. I think i saw a few on G4 and there are a few on IFC as well and other international channels.

Im not gonna bring Furries, Fuzzies or whatever theyre called into the discussion cuz thats a WHOLE different ballpark but they were mentioned as well.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2007, 11:34:09 PM »

Alot of the teenage girls in Japan like the american girl clothing style also. Not just School skirts all the time.

Offline warner

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2021, 03:12:58 AM
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2007, 01:25:09 PM »
My question is why kids here love all their crap. If they were so different all of their cartoons would look the same. When I flip past Cartoon Network, I can't tell if it's DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Naruto, Pokemon, Naruto, Inuyasha, DBZ, Naruto, Yu-Yu Hakusho, Naruto, Inuyasha. It all looks the same.
there are hundreds of anime series, very differents.
like full metal alquimist, Claymore, Blood+, seto no hanayome, samurai shamploo, sumomomo, death note, etc.
don't be so short-mind
No estaba Muerto...

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: October 08, 2007, 02:48:58 PM »

this is what I was going to say but Matsutzu beat me to the punch.......people in japan are in to american things just as we are into japanese things and there are some who dont really care about japanese products just as some americans dont care for japanese products...cause you would be suprised at how many people in japan are into mustangs and cadillacs

my new one

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 [29] 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal