collapse

Author Topic: MUGEN/CONSOLE  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 07, 2008, 11:47:43 PM
  • Nice, decent kind of guy
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
Re: MUGEN/CONSOLE
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2008, 01:26:28 AM »
Quote from: Sgt.
oh I got my wires crossed...but anyway..I want hard info on the other consoles I mentioned that can use the game...and soon

The USB capabilities open up for millions of possibilities. :)

USB...on a Wii? that and you'd have to mod stuff...not like the game is just compatible with those consoles...

Quote from: Sgt
let's....not talk about manga..thanks

Let's ...stop bossing around..Thanks ;*))

let's...stop using the wrong terminology..thanks  [-X

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 01:28:07 AM »
oh I got my wires crossed...but anyway..I want hard info on the other consoles I mentioned that can use the game...and soon

It can be done, but it hasn't yet. Mugen Linux could be ran on a Wii or PS3 with the proper equipment. Like the original Xbox, there some work to be done so that it can work. I remember awhile back that people were saying that they were working on getting it to run on the PS3. I don't remember the forum and it's been awhile, so we will have to wait for the outcome.

let's....not talk about manga..thanks

He brought it up, it's wasn't even the main focus in his post, so why bring it up?

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2008, 01:32:37 AM »
Quote from: SpiderMew
I love the Wii and wish i had one again

How's that? Did it brake or something? :|

My ex kept it after our break up a year ago

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2008, 01:35:25 AM »

It can be done, but it hasn't yet. Mugen Linux could be ran on a Wii or PS3 with the proper equipment. Like the original Xbox, there some work to be done so that it can work. I remember awhile back that people were saying that they were working on getting it to run on the PS3. I don't remember the forum and it's been awhile, so we will have to wait for the outcome.

well I want some good info on how to mod my xbox..you have ABSOLUTELY no IDEA how much I want to play it on a modded xbox...whenever I watch my videos I've done with the game, now & again, at night for kicks, after I've turned my PC off...I think..."man I wish I could play this on my xbox RIGHT NOW!" I want to mod my xbox SO bad so I can play it on there  XD||

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2008, 01:43:48 AM »
well I want some good info on how to mod my xbox..you have ABSOLUTELY no IDEA how much I want to play it on a modded xbox...whenever I watch my videos I've done with the game, now & again, at night for kicks, after I've turned my PC off...I think..."man I wish I could play this on my xbox RIGHT NOW!" I want to mod my xbox SO bad so I can play it on there  XD||

Oh, I know how you feel. I wouldn't mind playing Mugen in the confort of my living room. Actually, my HDTV has a PC port, I tried it once, but I need a controller to get the full experience. :P

I don't know if there are any in the area you live, but if you go to those cheap unknown gamestores, you can probably ask for a modded Xbox or get it modded. That's what's good about them underground gamestores. The one down here has a bunch of modded things.

You can also look for some tutorials on google/yahoo once you do get it modded; on how to get Mugen to work. I think you use Mugen Linux aswell.

A side note: I heard Dragon Claw slows down on the Xbox and possible crashes it so don't add him if you plan to mod your Xbox.

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

Offline Sgt Hartsock

• Infinity Regular
    • 1UP.com hub
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2008, 01:50:21 AM »
ya, I'd be using my setup that I have. Got a video of it on my channel

animugen

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2008, 02:09:55 AM »
Found the link.Here it is a video on how to softmod an Xbox.

That's one step closer to achieving mugen on Xbox.Now I have to find that site that tells you how to play mugen on Xbox after it's been modded.As soon as I find it I'll bring it here.

Offline StarXS

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 07, 2008, 09:43:28 PM
  • Legionnaire
    • Mugen Battle Network Blog
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2008, 09:36:19 AM »
Well truthfully I neglected my game consoles because of mugen as soon as I learned about it 1 year ago.Then I went back to my game consoles and neglected mugen.It kept going back and forth until I decided to make a nice little crossover manga(That I'm still currently working on now)So I neglected both for it.
   >:-(-|   BUT playing mugen on a game console is possible the systems mugen can be played on are these

1.Xbox Best one to use
2.Nintendo Wii
3.PS3
4.Xbox360
5.PSP(But it's infinity cat though)
6.Dreamcast

So far those are the only systems that can play mugen.I only know how to do it on Xbox.To do it on Xbox you need to have an Xbox with a modchip or softmodded,Then you need to download this software for DVD burning and you need a DVD Burner then you.........Well Truthfully I forgot the rest.There's a website that tells you how to play mugen on Xbox.As soon as I can remember what it is I'll link it up here.   

1] Xbox works, we all know that
2]The Wii... maybe down the line, if they add more internal memory (what is it, like 512mb-1gb??)
3]PS3 - also possible in the future, infinitycat & shugendo should also eventually work on this. There are peeps working on this now.
4] see all comments for PS3
5] Mugen will NOT run correctly on PSP because of the RAM
6] I think Teros was able to do this, though I've been readng around Sega/DC forums for the last 4 months and while I got some of the basic tools (for the GD-Rom structure and other stuff) its been said the DC just doesnt have enough memory (32MB)

Now I've modded 4 Xboxs since last January (and thats the ONLY reason I discovered Mugen) So I could prolly walk you through the process, or even if seanp2500 could do a better job explaining

I think Im going to host the xmugen screenpacks at my site as well, I'm hosting the 4.9 version of xmugen now (R1sky's setup) but I'll make sure its ok first

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2008, 04:18:58 PM »
...at any rate..I find it interesting the dude has lost faith in consoles or something that effect he said...how is that possible? that's not right..

Who knows :-?? Maybe Im going to be the younest senior citizen ever. A young man beyond his acquired years in life. ;*))

I honestly havent been too impressed by the new consoles. I dont know what Im stalling for but they all just seem lacking to me and i cant figure out what it is...
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2008, 04:25:50 PM »
...at any rate..I find it interesting the dude has lost faith in consoles or something that effect he said...how is that possible? that's not right..

Who knows :-?? Maybe Im going to be the younest senior citizen ever. A young man beyond his acquired years in life. ;*))

I honestly havent been too impressed by the new consoles. I dont know what Im stalling for but they all just seem lacking to me and i cant figure out what it is...
I agree in a way becuase right now there is no reason to get next gen stuff but once game like tekken6,soul calibur4, MGS4, killzone 2 and such then next gen will be interesting ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline daniel13789

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 25, 2014, 11:23:01 PM
  • (had to remove it >:P)
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2008, 08:12:18 PM »
when super smash comes out... ima gona say cya to mugen (just for a good year lol)

Team Snowman (stay frosty ;) )
(had to take away some arse threatened  me to

Offline problemchild

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 30, 2020, 04:17:24 PM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2008, 09:15:36 PM »
Right now I am very into the modding console scene and I only play Mugen on my xbox, I have never really played it on a computer. The only console you can play Mugen on right now is the xbox. I have Infinity Cat on my PSP but don't really play it because you have to convert your characters and they all don't work. Dragon Claw will run and is playable especially if you have a large swap file (1GB or 2GB). I haven't seen a character that wouldn't work on the xbox but sometimes you do have to edit characters to get them to work. The main problem is the version of Mugen running on the xbox does not support the MoveReverse trigger so any character with that trigger will crash Mugen on xbox. So change all MoveReverse to MoveHit and the character will play. As far as Mugen on other consoles like Gamecube - No, Wii -Not yet but maybe, PS3 No not yet, 360 - there is no hack that will allow you to run any homebrew likw emulators, Mugen or anything else only custom firmware to run back up games. If anyone does have a modded xbox I suggest getting Mugen because with some editing you won't miss out on anything. Hi Res stages work also but some are scaled so large that they don't look right.

animugen

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2008, 02:29:37 AM »
I myself don't find the next gen systems fascinating seeing that about 5 to 10 years from that time they'll be old and washed out.These systems come then go it's an endless cycle.What will the next gen consoles be called the Nintendo Revolution,Xbox Ultra,PS4? :-w Then they'll go and so on and so on.I see no point in continuing All I play are retro games mostly Snes,Gens,Nes,N64,PS1 and older systems.As for mugen on a game system it would be spectacular to play mugen in your room than having to go to the Family computer in the living room or dining room just to play it.

>:-(-|

It be nice if there was a Mugen RPG though :P

Offline Akeme

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2008, 04:55:44 PM »
I myself don't find the next gen systems fascinating seeing that about 5 to 10 years from that time they'll be old and washed out.These systems come then go it's an endless cycle.What will the next gen consoles be called the Nintendo Revolution,Xbox Ultra,PS4? :-w Then they'll go and so on and so on.I see no point in continuing All I play are retro games mostly Snes,Gens,Nes,N64,PS1 and older systems.As for mugen on a game system it would be spectacular to play mugen in your room than having to go to the Family computer in the living room or dining room just to play it.

>:-(-|

It be nice if there was a Mugen RPG though :P
Agreed plus i wonder if that is posssible

Offline Merlock Profetus, el profeta

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 09, 2016, 03:20:59 PM
  • Infinity´s Prophet and masamune avenger
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2008, 04:59:04 PM »
Mmmmm... In my "Game time" it is:

Mugen: 55%
Playstation 2: 45% :p

animugen

« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 11:50:47 AM »
So more ppl would rather play mugen than play their game consoles? :-??

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 12:47:23 PM »
Quote from: Animugen
So more ppl would rather play mugen than play their game consoles?

I think that answer would be the most obvious in a forum, I mean a Community dedicated to Mugen.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 03:44:20 PM »
So more ppl would rather play mugen than play their game consoles?

I think that answer would be the most obvious in a forum, I mean a Community dedicated to Mugen.
Agreed

animugen

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 08:48:49 PM »
Ok then what about video game forums like gamevn and gamefaqs?Do you think they even heard of mugen? :-??

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 09:08:31 PM »
95% PS3

5% mugen

I'm rarely on mugen nowadays. :|

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2008, 09:23:58 PM »
Quote from: Nick09
95% PS3

5% mugen

I'm rarely on mugen nowadays.

With a PS3 and your collection, No Wonder. ;*))

Ok then what about video game forums like gamevn and gamefaqs?Do you think they even heard of mugen?

Don't think so either, Many will like it, many'll be turned off quickly, Mugen as easy as it is, it's simply not for everyone.

animugen

« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2008, 11:05:35 PM »
Quote from: Nick09
95% PS3

5% mugen

I'm rarely on mugen nowadays.

With a PS3 and your collection, No Wonder. ;*))

Ok then what about video game forums like gamevn and gamefaqs?Do you think they even heard of mugen?

Don't think so either, Many will like it, many'll be turned off quickly, Mugen as easy as it is, it's simply not for everyone.

Your right about that because back at Randomselect CCI Zim said that ppl in General Do not like mugen because of the unbalance it has.Like for a example a Guilty Gear Character with a one hit KO attack would someone from Streetfighter.The character from streetfighter will be at a disadvantage.Some of my friends don't like Mugen because how the character sprites are different and the style of play like CVS or MVC,or KOF.So you are right that Mugen isn't for everyone especially ppl that are very impatient.

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2008, 11:08:24 PM »
So you are right that Mugen isn't for everyone especially ppl that are very impatient.

That is Correct, there's a lot of Loading times and the common Crashes and BGM Bugs so Yeah You have to be patient with that kind of Thing, I don't mind it but A lot of people do.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD