collapse

Author Topic: Marvel vs. Capcom - Eternity of Heroes "Bug Report thread"  (Read 13018 times)

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
Re: Marvel vs. Capcom - Eternity of Heroes "Bug Report thread"
« Reply #150 on: December 26, 2007, 08:56:42 PM »
Yo know, I just realized something, and it's something I got a major beef with. The stages don't share the same velocities. Some stages when you superjump, the action is tracked just fine. Others, the screen doesn't move fast enough and so you go off screen. Now granted, that would happen if the stages wasn't high enough, but several of the stages have more stage to view, but the camera doesn't go up there.

Me personally, I have my values here.

verticalfollow = 1
floortension = 80
tension = 50

How most people have they're vert value at .6, and that's ok, but they usually don't have any floor tension either, so .6 works.

I don't like the whole shaking screen thing and believe the the screen should only follow somone when it has to. So I like floor tension at 80, that way when someone just jumps, the screen follows him just a tad so both players are still fully on screen. But when someone superjumps, having the value at 1 lets the action track smoothly without having the camera trying to play catch-up, just like MvC.

Try those values for superjump stages and let me know what you think.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 09:00:03 PM by Glux247 »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline zxzero

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 31, 2012, 04:49:05 AM
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: December 26, 2007, 09:14:00 PM »
red arremer can infinite with his projectiles from full screen

animugen

« Reply #152 on: December 26, 2007, 09:59:29 PM »
Another issue in team battle the game tends to turn off if you play in it long enough.It happened earlier too me when I was using Venom.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: December 26, 2007, 10:09:51 PM »
Dude, man I just can't get enough of Symboite Onslaught. The dude is invincible when he calls the sentinels, which he does almost every other move. In fact, it looks like he's invincible for damn near everthing move he does. And he spams so fast, you can't get in on him.

Edit: seems like every odd frame you can't hit him. Like I start a combo, somehow, and then midway I start missing, but I'm right on him.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 10:14:58 PM by Glux247 »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline DMK

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 21, 2022, 03:57:45 AM
    • Ascended M.U.G.E.N.
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: December 26, 2007, 10:18:08 PM »
Perhaps check him in de-bug mode and with the CLSN's on useing ctrl+c.

Or look for mutiki during attacks or anything.

I belive when that word is displayed it means the character is temporaly invincible.

Offline Nu-San

• Last Login:September 06, 2011, 09:10:26 PM
    • Email
« Reply #155 on: December 26, 2007, 10:26:18 PM »
It may just be my coputer...

But when I start up the game everything is black and white and a little glitchy. The screen is divided. Part of the left part the screen is on the right. (No pics at the moment)
On the select screen I'm selecting on the p2 side and I can't move the cursor or I can't slect a character dispite pressing the select button. In arcade when I select Capitan Marvel (Because I can't move the cursor) First battle I get it shuts down and tells me that the Enemy can't be played because their glitched up or somthing.   /:O  Can't report on the rest of the game considering I can't play it. Again it may be my computer. I'll try it on a different computer when I get the time.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: December 26, 2007, 10:40:45 PM »

I belive when that word is displayed it means the character is temporaly invincible.

It's a paradox. The clsn's say I can, but still I'm missing.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #157 on: December 26, 2007, 10:42:02 PM »
I just have a question:Why was Dr Wily included in the credits,when apparently there`s no way to either play or fight against him while going through arcade or versus?
On a side note:i like what you guys did to avoid facing 2 S.O in a turns or simul team battle boss

animugen

« Reply #158 on: December 26, 2007, 10:44:44 PM »
What's S.O?

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: December 26, 2007, 10:52:18 PM »
What's S.O?

Symboite Onslaught

I just have a question:Why was Dr Wily included in the credits,when apparently there`s no way to either play or fight against him while going through arcade or versus?

Dr. Wily is slated as a sub-boss, he just didn't make this release.

EDIT:

OMG, the clsn is only his foot?!?! WTF MAN?! When he summons the sentinels (Which I still see no need for) his entire body is immune except for his front foot, which is damn near impossible to hit, especially after he's dashed at you because at that point you're already past the foot. WRONG MAN WRONG!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 11:04:16 PM by Glux247 »
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #160 on: December 26, 2007, 11:20:21 PM »
What's S.O?

Symboite Onslaught

Dr. Wily is slated as a sub-boss, he just didn't make this release.

EDIT:

OMG, the clsn is only his foot?!?! WTF MAN?! When he summons the sentinels (Which I still see no need for) his entire body is immune except for his front foot, which is damn near impossible to hit, especially after he's dashed at you because at that point you're already past the foot. WRONG MAN WRONG!

?

Lemme check it.. and then compare to the version I released to the team. I know he has a clsn box on his whole body.

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #161 on: December 26, 2007, 11:46:56 PM »
Sure enough he doesn't in the game, but does when I open him up in Fighter Factory. Hmm.. it could be one of 2 things, either I gave Acey an older version of the air accidentally prior to release or the game itself is causing the glitch. Don't know why.

in-game (MvC:EoH)

Fighter Factory screenie of attack anim

testing via Fighter Factory

:-??

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: December 26, 2007, 11:51:37 PM »
AH, the mind is a little more at ease.

You know, I don't think anyone has said anything yet, but the transparency on the lifebars on some levels make it hard to tell how much life you've got left, especially on the Infinity Moon stage. Otherwise, the lifebars are awesome.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #163 on: December 26, 2007, 11:53:36 PM »
AH, the mind is a little more at ease.

You know, I don't think anyone has said anything yet, but the transparency on the lifebars on some levels make it hard to tell how much life you've got left, especially on the Infinity Moon stage. Otherwise, the lifebars are awesome.
Yes i agree

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #164 on: December 27, 2007, 12:13:01 AM »
Can someone help?

No matter what I do I can't seem to get beast hypers to work.

what are they?

thanks

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #165 on: December 27, 2007, 12:16:57 AM »
check the readme at the folder with the game...
moving on,i was about to say the same thing glux247,the lifebars should have a different color,as due to being blue,it blends with most of the stages and it`s hard to see how many life you/your opponent has left...maybe yellow,green or another color that mixes better?

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #166 on: December 27, 2007, 01:58:05 AM »
For Vista users, try this. At the Start menu, click on Contorl Panel, then go into Sound. Click on the sound device your computer uses, then click on Properties. Click the tab that says Advanced, lower the sample rate and bit depth to 16 bit and below (this really doesn't have much impact on the sound, so 16 bit should sound just as good as 24 bit), and take off both check marks from the two boxes under Exclusive mode. This should not only stop the music from suddenly cutting off in the 2nd round, but the game will not crash anymore. I've used this setting for over an hour and have yet to run into any problems.

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: December 27, 2007, 02:27:05 AM »
For Vista users, try this. At the Start menu, click on Contorl Panel, then go into Sound. Click on the sound device your computer uses, then click on Properties. Click the tab that says Advanced, lower the sample rate and bit depth to 16 bit and below (this really doesn't have much impact on the sound, so 16 bit should sound just as good as 24 bit), and take off both check marks from the two boxes under Exclusive mode. This should not only stop the music from suddenly cutting off in the 2nd round, but the game will not crash anymore. I've used this setting for over an hour and have yet to run into any problems.

Hot pocket on a stick, he's onto something here. I had a feeling I was getting close but he nailed it.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Jive Turkey

• Last Login:April 15, 2009, 10:05:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2007, 03:15:47 AM »
I found a couple more things:
1 -- after extensive time spent in the "Watch" mode, my friend and I have established that Charlie is by far the smartest character available. His A.I. totally abuses a certain combo, and my friend noticed that he deals more damage than he should. After watching him fight almost everyone in the roster except the sub-bosses, he can destroy any opponent, including Nool and Akuma. He may need some fine-tuning, but other charcters definately need A.I. comperable to him.

2 -- the hyper background stays a tad too long on Poison's "kiss" hyper.

3 -- the Iceman stage has a weird quirk: if you superjump, the foreground of the stage does not extend into very high in the air, and at the peak of your ascent you're left with an awkward-looking blue void of sea that comes up to the distant glaciers. It kinda kills the majesty of the stage.

Offline Akeme

« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2007, 07:22:58 AM »
Hey i don't know if this has been mentioned already but Symboite Onslaught second form does exist in the game and is ridiculous as usual plus i was only ably to fight against him so far using dee jay. (note if you pick dee jay it is really easy to beat Symboite Onslaught, all you have to do is move close to him when the round begins and tap mid punch repeadetly and you will face the second form and repeat the process). Also other things i noticed
Dr.doom: his d,f,d,f+pp is unblockable.
Charlie: he is really easy to combo with just by tapping buttons and has too many advantages like frame wise and damage is too high for his specials and combos. Anyways here is a pic of second form Symboite Onslaught. ;)

Also if you notice in pic second form Symboite Onslaught head somtimes dissappears and reappears during game play and his magnetic balls oe whatever there called or unblockable in both forms. @Excursion i understand that you wanted to make him challenging so this Symboite Onslaught doesn't really piss me off or anything because i understand that most of what he does and bugs weren't intentional ;)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2007, 07:34:20 AM »
Hey i don't know if this has been mentioned already but Symboite Onslaught second form does exist in the game and is ridiculous as usual plus i was only ably to fight against him so far using dee jay. (note if you pick dee jay it is really easy to beat Symboite Onslaught, all you have to do is move close to him when the round begins and tap mid punch repeadetly and you will face the second form and repeat the process). Also other things i noticed
Charlie: he is really easy to combo with just by tapping buttons and has too many advantages like frame wise and damage is too high for his specials and combos. Anyways here is a pic of second form Symboite Onslaught. ;)

Also if you notice in pic second form Symboite Onslaught head somtimes dissappears and reappears during game play and his magnetic balls oe whatever there called or unblockable in both forms. @Excursion i understand that you wanted to make him challenging so this Symboite Onslaught doesn't really piss me off or anything because i understand that most of what he does and bugs weren't intentional ;)

I have fixed that head disappearance thing after the EoH release. The and though, I have to work on that...

Offline Akeme

« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2007, 07:36:27 AM »

I have fixed that head disappearance thing after the EoH release. The and though, I have to work on that...
Alright man that's good to hear ;)

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2007, 10:28:03 AM »
i dont know if anyone has mentioned this yet but every time 1 of captin commandos hits connect the combo voice say fanastic or something like that but it was a combo   
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2007, 10:35:59 AM »
Regarding Symbiote Onslaught,besides his head randomly dissapearing,i noticed that when you hit him,it seems like another sprite comes out instead of a hit anim(i believe it´s part of his arm animation i guess... /:O
At Akeme:Dr Doom´s  Energy ball hyper IS  unblockable in the original character(Dr Doom by Juan Carlos)...but i believe that if Reza finish his Doom for the project,the move will no longer be unblockable and will be MVC2 accurate.
Regarding S.O,his hyper grabs ARE unblockable,only a projectile type attack can disperse them,unless you dodge them
I noticed that hyper grab on both forms should dissappear at all as soon a projectile hits it:instead it´s made of 4 little projectile and you need to hit them all 4 to avoid the danger.It should start as a huge projectile and then,disperse into the little 4...but i know that could be kinda difficult to code(i guess :-??)

EDIT:I noticed that too when i was going though team arcade with the Captains(Commando and Marvel)...Cap Marvel spams his hypers as soon as he gets one super bar...and i had difficulties using Commando´s hypers(specially Captain Storm,was it implemented or only Captain Sword got in REDHOT?)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:38:05 AM by KPT25 »

Offline Legendary Warrior Riptor

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2008, 01:46:49 PM
  • The one who kills with wrath!!
« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2007, 11:15:33 AM »
I was palying with Akuma against Dr. Doom, Dr. Doom finished me at 1st round, at the start of the 2nd round Akuma started to play all by himself, without mi control ¿can this be fixed?  :-??
Music was my first love and it will be my last. Music of the future and music of the past.
To live without my music would be impossible to do. In this world of troubles, my music pulls me through.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare