collapse

Author Topic: Deathstroke: JLA vs. Avengers  (Read 6030 times)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 08, 2024, 01:39:46 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Deathstroke: JLA vs. Avengers
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2014, 01:25:38 PM »
I received a report from this topic. I won't publish the author's name.
not reporting this post persay. more like reporting the whole drama fest that has erupted in the topic. its as if some people are trying to get chuchoryu to quit mugen

We are not trying to make anything. If people wants to rage quit because they can't understand the rules, be my guest.
As I said million of times, each forum has its own rules. If chuchoryu do not agree, just post his contents on another forum, its quite simple.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 13, 2023, 01:26:38 PM
  • Working on coming back to MUGEN
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2014, 01:42:21 PM »
Care to review the latest next-gen console fighting games that are 2D CPS2 graphics? I would like to hear your opinion on the 2D versions of MKVSDC, Injustice, UMVC3 and SF4.

I dare to say it's pretty easy to deny the need of permission if you not a good spriter, or spriter at all. Try busting a few hours coloring pixels for a quality work and let me know how you will feel. Or try that without releasing the character and having your stuff leaked.

If the community members would like to be acknowledged for changes in the commercial gaming market, credit will be needed at all times. Or else we will be just a bunch of anonymous contributors for uncreative game artists who actually get paid to use our ideas.

Wait... do you think Deadpool, Arthur, Thor and Ghost Rider in U/MVC3 are original ideas? Must be a hell of a coincidence.

Now, back on topic: I see it's not his first time using other people's work without any consideration. I'm not calling a witch hunt or mugen police. My first post was not demanding punishment or ban. It's a request and reminder of common courtesy and respect.
Wait, what?
First, I can tell you five good 2D games right out of my hand: Skullgirls, Guilty Gear XXAC+, BlazBlue series, Chaos Code, KOFXIII.
2. Easy. I will just report anyone, who doesn't credit me. However, I would NOT go apeshit about permission.
3. Oh god, WHAT? Okay, now I really lost my faith on you, if you think that even f***ing CRAPCOM is stealing your ideas. They ARE coincidences, dammit. Crapcom is too much of a d*** to even ACKNOWLEDGE our ideas, let alone STEAL them.

But eh, I guess there is no use in debating with a wall... :-@

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2014, 01:54:05 PM »
Wait... do you think Deadpool, Arthur, Thor and Ghost Rider in U/MVC3 are original ideas? Must be a hell of a coincidence.
Wait... do you think they actually based themselves on the MUGEN wips? The few attacks that were similar to the MUGEN creations were just attacks that were obvious to those chars and would probably be added if anyone made the game.

If people wants to rage quit because they can't understand the rules, be my guest.
As I said million of times, each forum has its own rules. If chuchoryu do not agree, just post his contents on another forum, its quite simple.
But this is not something that the forum can control. Its the whole internet thing, when you post something on the internet, you lost it, everyone can take it and use it as he wants. Also, its very selfish of the creators to "not allow" people to use their sprites: they sprited it because they wanted to, no one asked them, they aren't winning anything (material) from anyone and the character rights are not theirs.

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2014, 02:14:01 PM »
What drama ? All that have been said is that it would be nice to have someone explain him about credits & courtesy 'cause it's been an issue a few times already, nothing more, end of the story.
If simply adding a simple line in his release threads & read-me is too much for him, sorry if i don't sugarcoat this but well yeah, wathever, he quits if he wants to or like O' said releases things on his own forum.

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:May 29, 2024, 06:18:54 AM
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »
Wait, what?
First, I can tell you five good 2D games right out of my hand: Skullgirls, Guilty Gear XXAC+, BlazBlue series, Chaos Code, KOFXIII.
2. Easy. I will just report anyone, who doesn't credit me. However, I would NOT go apeshit about permission.
3. Oh god, WHAT? Okay, now I really lost my faith on you, if you think that even f***ing CRAPCOM is stealing your ideas. They ARE coincidences, dammit. Crapcom is too much of a d*** to even ACKNOWLEDGE our ideas, let alone STEAL them.

But eh, I guess there is no use in debating with a wall... :-@

1) None of them are CPS2/16 bit. Or else I would be one of the first to kickstart them for SNES.
2) I'm not going apeshit. You are the one using caps and asterisks.
3) Capcom hosts a forum where fans are allowed to post ideas. Several characters were placed in UMVC3 because of fan poll.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 02:30:34 PM »
Also, its very selfish of the creators to "not allow" people to use their sprites: they sprited it because they wanted to, no one asked them, they aren't winning anything (material) from anyone and the character rights are not theirs.

Wrong. Any artist has the right to dictate how their art is used. This includes fan art.
You have no right to use someone else's artwork without consent, even artwork publicly posted on the internet.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 02:40:59 PM »
But eh, I guess there is no use in debating with a wall...
Please, stop with that, hold your horses. I know Navs outside the internet, and he is a very cool person.

Do not use Ad Hominen as an argument. Attack the argument, not the person who is using it.

Guys, lets remain polite here, ok?

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 04:23:54 PM »
1) None of them are CPS2/16 bit. Or else I would be one of the first to kickstart them for SNES.
2) I'm not going apeshit. You are the one using caps and asterisks.
3) Capcom hosts a forum where fans are allowed to post ideas. Several characters were placed in UMVC3 because of fan poll.
1) Not everything 2D has to be 16-bit, though.
2) Hrmm, I guess we both have overreacted a bit... #:-S
3) Wait, Capcom did a fan poll? Impossible. We are talking about Capcom, they don't do such a thing anymore. :D #EnterTheCapcomHateTrain #YOLO

But yeah, I guess we just should let the argument cool off now...

Offline sunblaze82

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 05, 2023, 11:20:58 AM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 05:13:38 PM »
I actually thought it was funny how Thor, Poison and Ghost Rider were created in Mugen then a little while later those three characters are put into Capcom fighting games. I don't think it was a coincidence at all. I think someone or some people who work for Capcom (or have a connection to someone that does) actually plays Mugen or follows it and saw these characters and ran with the idea of them being created.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2014, 07:22:03 PM »
 o.O# yikes! i done went to work for 5 and a half hours and come home and this thread is def steering to another course. lol
On topic: as been said already by big O and others
All that have been said is that it would be nice to have someone explain him about credits & courtesy 'cause it's been an issue a few times already, nothing more, end of the story.
If simply adding a simple line in his release threads & read-me is too much for him, sorry if i don't sugarcoat this but well yeah, wathever, he quits if he wants to or like O' said releases things on his own forum.
simply stated.  :thumbsup: cause those are this forums rules and the people who actually made the sprites being used.

Ok my turn !  >:-(-| lol

for those who think capcom is stealing from them, dont think that too much actually cause well ...those who using their work /sprites and all and those characters images/likeness...your stealing basically...fan theft more like it. lol  we all pretty much doing it. So we cant really call them thieves when the actual material is they creations wether image or pixel work. I wonder tho how many folks know how long these companies take to create a game? trust me, tons of these games, matter fact all games start off in R&D long before they even begin the actual creating process. Years man years and thats with a team of ohhhh 100 or more. So who knows how long they was in creating the moves for characters for mvc and so on. I personally would be semi crazy... (  i am borderline insane already tho lol ) to think they dont check out mugen content . pretty much they have every right legally to jack us since its their stuff anyway.  :D ( unless its all an original character and no bases used and all hand drawn work /scratch sprited..etc....then i am suing you capcom and marvel!  \-/o )

*disclaimer* I lando am not in any way affiliated with any company and i am not actually vouching for them either. just stating.  ::salute::

ok we can get on topic again or let it be.  ::salute::

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2014, 07:39:43 PM »
I actually thought it was funny how Thor, Poison and Ghost Rider were created in Mugen then a little while later those three characters are put into Capcom fighting games. I don't think it was a coincidence at all. I think someone or some people who work for Capcom (or have a connection to someone that does) actually plays Mugen or follows it and saw these characters and ran with the idea of them being created.
Do you actually think the popularity in MUGEN would interfere on this? If that were true, many other characters would have appeared in UMvC3 in place of adds such as Nemesis, M.O.D.O.K., She-Hulk, Zero, Rocket Raccoon and others. (Rocket Raccoon, really? I still can't believe that little crap is in that game. What was Capcom thinking when they added it?)

Capcom doesn't care about the fanbase's opinion, otherwise the new Darkstalkers wouldn't have been denied, they would have released another Megaman game and not make another expansion of SF4.

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 23, 2024, 09:56:50 AM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2014, 08:54:06 PM »
So is 2d gaming.

Care to review your concepts this time?

2D images in games will always look good no matter how much time has passed or technology changes. 3D images in games will look worse as time passes and tech changes.

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 01:50:19 AM »
2D images in games will always look good no matter how much time has passed or technology changes. 3D images in games will look worse as time passes and tech changes.
Agreed.
That's also the reason, why Classic Megaman never gets old.

Offline navs41

• Dark Phoenix Saga Contributor
  • Last Login:May 29, 2024, 06:18:54 AM
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 02:24:34 AM »
Capcom doesn't care about the fanbase's opinion, otherwise the new Darkstalkers wouldn't have been denied, they would have released another Megaman game and not make another expansion of SF4.

Check their forum. The gaming market still works with supply and demand. Fans are a good (and constant) share of the demand.

The new Megaman is MN9. It is not Capcom, I'll give you that, but was crowd funded, and has Inafune in the developing/creation. Fans do make a difference.

Though I enjoy good discussion, I think it is better if we stayed with the topic. Since I am only requesting the answer from the topic owner, and this is acceptable by the forum rules, I understand it is only logical to avoid further posts until he responds. Please PM if anyone wants to talk or discuss other stuff. :)

Offline Trinitronity

• Infinity Regular
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 03:17:55 AM »
Since I am only requesting the answer from the topic owner, and this is acceptable by the forum rules, I understand it is only logical to avoid further posts until he responds. Please PM if anyone wants to talk or discuss other stuff. :)
Well, you can wait very long then.
Chuchoryu is known for ignoring his release threads and is superdefensive when it comes to "his" sprites.
It had even led to an quite legendary internet battle between CvS_Abstract/CVSNB and chuchoryu at MUGEN Fighters Guild (a forum, which I rather stay away from, though).

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 09:03:04 AM »
Do you actually think the popularity in MUGEN would interfere on this?
Oh yeah, Capcom already got inspired by Mugen few times. Evil Ken, Thor and even Decapre (she has the same move from our Pyscho Weapon from Spec Ops). Capcom even stated that they are aware of mugen.

Capcom doesn't care about the fanbase's opinion,
Oh please, stop with that. Capcom is ignoring the boring Megaman fans, and this is their own fault.

Since I am only requesting the answer from the topic owner, and this is acceptable by the forum rules, I understand it is only logical to avoid further posts until he responds.
He won't reply. He doesn't cares too much about his works.

Well, I think its better to lock the topic for a while, until the author appears.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 06:38:44 AM
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »
I know this is locked already but I just care to say one thing about permission and other people's work since I was the one that stepped in and removed the link in question.

It seems that the only people ever complaining about permission being an outdated concept are the ones that don't create, can't create, or want to take every shortcut possible because they don't have talent themselves. Do you really ever see creators that actually have talent complaining about this.? No, if they wanted permission, asked, and got turned down they simply move on because they can do it on their own if needed. This is simply people being greedy and saying they want more and more characters no matter if it drives the actual creators putting quality work out there away.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD