collapse

Author Topic: Is Scuffy dead?  (Read 2487 times)

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
Re: Is Scuffy dead?
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 10:00:58 PM »
And what happened to Bouyog?

Offline Bizarro_Toro

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 31, 2022, 09:12:44 AM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2014, 10:30:51 PM »
In a way Its hard explain some factors of the Dragons, unfinish proyects but with the forum, contest etc. we can learn something more when i started in SD have a low level for edit all contribute for better mugen level edits skills and its true many chars are cool but when i back see in IMT, MMV, CC a very cool stuff and releases.. Buyog and the others has good reasons for no still edit for now only waiting, like when Loganir back to mugen too....

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2014, 12:09:51 AM »
I have a strong disagree with that phrase. I have some names that are just names, because their work is utter bad, they are just overrated.

But its better to not go too far on this subject...

Well a good chunk. And the main Guys. Except for that one guy that no one likes lol. For good reason. But honestly and all honesty... it was the sprites and creativity that I liked most about them. But the codes in a bunch of their work was bugged out lol. But I don't know... I'm a sucker
for good sprite work and animation.

CENTER]

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2014, 12:18:20 AM »
Scruffy dead? no.

Inactive? yes.

Like The Unlimited? Yes.

To the public eye? Indeed.

Yes they were very inspiring, they raised the bar.

Nowadays even IMT is on/off, IMO these guys were students starting out in the gaming/graphic design industry and have made it BIG TIME in RL. Their kids may be bigger, their wedding finger bound by a ring, or maybe they accomplished a goal to contribute to the community and moved on.

One thing is for sure though, that hunger they all created, is hard to satisfy. There are more takers than givers in the MUGEN community.

Every artist wants the same thing, to be recognized.

The future is bright, technology only gets brighter, new generations arise and their legacy will also be carved in stone.
Besides MARVEL, DC and CAPCOM (amongst many others) continue to grow and change so updates are inevitable.

Never say Never, Fight (in MUGEN) Forever!

$0.02

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2014, 03:26:41 PM »
The only active project I'm aware of is the Pocket Mojo World and MSH2. Anything else I'd say is either indefinitely on hold or "put to rest" due to real life and such.

I am not sure if anyone remembers the last teaser for DCvsMarvel it really looks like the best full game I ever seen. The way Hulk and Superman were fighting was insane. And really looked like what you would see if those two clashed. I wish someone could find it. I looked for it on Buyogs but it was deleted through inactivity.

Yes, I remember that well... There was also a video of Iron Man and GL. Last I heard, there were some characters converted to that style. Later, Seth's computer died or something and lost his work. One of the dragon's still should have those converted characters. As for the select screen shown in that preview, I think it was a front end Seth was working on, not sure if it was ever completed or if it was lost or not.

What held back finishing DCvM was there was no front end to allow a Story Mode and other modes they wanted for the final game. Plus some characters needed totally finished or some updates to match the quality of the rest.

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2014, 08:28:02 PM »
I wish the best of every corner of the Mugenverse. Would come together and try to make something great like this. Well MSH2 look like its on its way. I would love for some like minded individuals to come together though. At least for a DC game. I think if someone really wanted to do it. There could definitely be a solid DC SuperHeroes game from Scruffy Dc characters without creating new characters. Well... you will still need some unseen unreleased characters for it to be appealing but there really is a solid base for it.

CENTER]

Offline verz36

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:October 09, 2023, 12:31:46 PM
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 04:08:40 PM »
I wish the best of every corner of the Mugenverse. Would come together and try to make something great like this. Well MSH2 look like its on its way. I would love for some like minded individuals to come together though. At least for a DC game. I think if someone really wanted to do it. There could definitely be a solid DC SuperHeroes game from Scruffy Dc characters without creating new characters. Well... you will still need some unseen unreleased characters for it to be appealing but there really is a solid base for it.

well, many of the members did go away from mugen and twin story is true too, there was that front end issue.. but also there was a bunch of balancing to do on characters and also sprite fixes...

about people making a game with quality, it is really possible but most new guys now just start games right away and they never even sprite a character in their life, lol... this leads to either games never finished or abandoned.. i keep saying it if you put effort and time into your sprites, they will look perfect.. hope the new guys listen :)

about msh2, i was the guy that started that and had some cool guys that were part but they now away from mugen. i hope they come back some day, but now is just me and loganir that are making this game. and the home base is at unlimited forum...

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[Today at 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD