collapse

Author Topic: Twinimage's WIP's  (Read 10215 times)

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Twinimage's WIP's
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2014, 10:38:49 PM »
Twin, are you working in a Psylocke, right?
So, take a look at those sprites:

Wall jump - run - power charge - grab attempt - air grab attempt - Parrh high - pary low - parry on air

Its free to use, just credit the author - DivineWolf

Online Firelord Kursan

• Initiate
  • Last Login:Today at 03:50:31 PM
    • Skype - kanodoom
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2014, 10:53:06 PM »
Damn, O, that sprites for Psylocke, should've been updated for AvX, but oh well, if someone decides to use those sprites, that would be amazing. Again, someone needs to give credit the author Divine Wolf. I like that sprite alot, O. :D

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #77 on: May 20, 2014, 01:00:54 PM »
UPDATE:
Ok, so lately I've been very busy with life and haven't had time for MUGEN. Lately the MUGEN bug has been biting me and I have wanted to do some work on my characters. Here's what I've been thinking.

Nightcrawler - I plan to change his Excalibur hyper with a hyper where a bunch of little bamfs attack. May experiment with him and see how he'd play with the four button MvC3 style.

Psylocke 2.0, I am going to pass off to Project X team for any future X-men projects. I may release a beta of her as she is now. She's nearly finished!

Dazzler I want to finish one of these days. I still have a lot to do. On back burner till I have more time and creativity for her.

Aquaman, I would like to finish, cause I really like the design I came up with, however, I don't have the time to do all the spriting that is needed. Originally I thought of making him into more of a mini-boss character with a specific stage assigned to him for the full effect. Thus, less spriting and challenge me to think outside the box in terms of gameplay. I may go that route. Mostly his get hits and walk/jump animations are done. Still need to think about how the attacks should work best. Also need to find a good base for a Trident or character who uses a staff, with similar build as my Aquaman.

At the end of the day, this has to be fun for ME when creating/spriting these characters. Time is limited so I have to plan on what I want to do. Also wanted to share with you all, so you guys know these WIP's aren't dead. :P

- Twin

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: May 20, 2014, 01:26:29 PM »
UPDATE:
Ok, so lately I've been very busy with life and haven't had time for MUGEN. Lately the MUGEN bug has been biting me and I have wanted to do some work on my characters. Here's what I've been thinking.

Nightcrawler - I plan to change his Excalibur hyper with a hyper where a bunch of little bamfs attack. May experiment with him and see how he'd play with the four button MvC3 style.

Psylocke 2.0, I am going to pass off to Project X team for any future X-men projects. I may release a beta of her as she is now. She's nearly finished!

Dazzler I want to finish one of these days. I still have a lot to do. On back burner till I have more time and creativity for her.

Aquaman, I would like to finish, cause I really like the design I came up with, however, I don't have the time to do all the spriting that is needed. Originally I thought of making him into more of a mini-boss character with a specific stage assigned to him for the full effect. Thus, less spriting and challenge me to think outside the box in terms of gameplay. I may go that route. Mostly his get hits and walk/jump animations are done. Still need to think about how the attacks should work best. Also need to find a good base for a Trident or character who uses a staff, with similar build as my Aquaman.

At the end of the day, this has to be fun for ME when creating/spriting these characters. Time is limited so I have to plan on what I want to do. Also wanted to share with you all, so you guys know these WIP's aren't dead. :P

- Twin
You say all that and all I saw was:

Psylocke 2.0, [...] I may release a beta of her as she is now. She's nearly finished!

Offline ratmon

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 23, 2019, 04:48:30 PM
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: May 20, 2014, 01:51:35 PM »
Sucks to hear about Dazzler :( but  not losing hope. Thanks for you work Twin.  =D>

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #80 on: May 20, 2014, 02:29:13 PM »
@Lord M - lol as most others probably saw as well.

@ratmon - Don't feel too bad. I'd really love to finish her one day. She was my first WIP to start with. I've become more comfortable spriting female sprites, they just seem easier to make. I do refrain from saying anything like, "I'm retiring" or "I'm dropping all my WIPS!", because you never know what will happen down the road.

Life has been pretty good lately, and I wish to enjoy it more away from my computer.
Ultimately I'd like to finish my WIP's and just do some edits of whatever once in a while. I like doing edits more so than building characters, because they are so time consuming. An edit only takes a few evenings to finish.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2014, 11:06:12 AM »
The MUGEN bug has bit me recently! I'm working on 3 X-men stages and a character that's near finished that I hope to release around Christmas and something else special that I also hope to have almost finished around Christmas, God willing I can find enough time to work on all this.

Here's where you can help! I have questions maybe some can answer:
1) I'm looking for a sprite/animation of someone with their hands on their hips, face looking down and shaking their head like they're disappointed. Anyone know where I can find an animation like that? This is for a stage background character and is female.

2) Is it possible to change the size of a sprite in a stage? Last I recall MUGEN stages don't let you change the width/height.

I wish I had more to give, I'd make it like a 12 days of Christmas party thing, but I only have so much time and stuff finished. :P

- Twin

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 18, 2024, 11:29:37 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2014, 12:00:40 PM »
The MUGEN bug has bit me recently!
hehehe so enjoy your motivation and bring us some cool stuff, as you always do :)

Offline Xfields

• Project X Architect
  • Last Login:November 17, 2023, 10:24:12 PM
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2014, 01:12:28 PM »
well twin, this animation can be found in cvs king lose pose, i believe its used in kof games as well

if you need it more cap com style, you can grab it from emma frost ;)
You can Now support my creations at Patreon
Get exclusive rewards when you donate.
https://www.patreon.com/Xfields

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2014, 02:04:35 PM »
Thanks xfields! :)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2014, 10:35:38 AM »
New question: Does anyone know where I can find a large curtain graphic? It needs to cover a very large/tall area if possible. Like a curtain on a theater stage.

Offline dev.

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 30, 2024, 10:03:07 AM
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2014, 02:50:54 PM »
ALEXZIQ's Joker has a intro with a curtain. I think it's open source, 'cause I don't think he made it, but it's better to ask first if you decide to use it.

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2014, 05:03:29 AM »
1) I'm looking for a sprite/animation of someone with their hands on their hips, face looking down and shaking their head like they're disappointed. Anyone know where I can find an animation like that? This is for a stage background character and is female.

well twin, this animation can be found in cvs king lose pose, i believe its used in kof games as well

if you need it more cap com style, you can grab it from emma frost ;)

You can also find that in cvs mai.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:08:57 AM by Z999 »

Offline Xfields

• Project X Architect
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2014, 05:42:14 AM »
For a curtain i would use Magic Mickey ;)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2014, 07:08:33 PM »
Thank you guys for the terrific responses. They have been very helpful. That curtain in the Joker character seems ridiculously familiar. I know I've seen it else where but don't know where from.

I've been making a lot of progress on these stages. I may have them ready before Christmas. :)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2014, 09:17:34 AM »
New question! Who would be a good base for Quentin Quire? He's going to be in the background of one of my stages.

Offline Xfields

• Project X Architect
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »
cody , thats in the background of the mall mayhem stage maybe.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2014, 12:42:36 PM »
I'm actually using that Cody sprite for another stage character lol

Offline Xfields

• Project X Architect
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2014, 02:52:25 PM »
maybe some meltyblood character ;)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2014, 03:39:17 PM »
Actually, I think I will attempt to turn this into a sprite instead. :)

http://38.media.tumblr.com/8e2948932f5584dfa7300f208e6eeff0/tumblr_n6vlin6Ujz1qi8qfwo9_250.jpg

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2014, 11:22:01 PM »
One stage finished, three more to go! Yep, there's a FOURTH stage. :) I had another idea for a stage and couldn't let it go. I plan to finish all these stages before Christmas. Hoping to finish Psylocke 2.0 as well or at least I can pass her off to the Project X team to perfect the coding. I want her to be tested, balanced out and have appropriate AI for her release. It was a lot of work to update all her sprites. I want the gameplay to be good too.
Also have a cool concept for something, which I'll share near end of the year. Maybe I'll have started spriting/coding it by then to show off some of it.

After the new year, if the all of these stages and Psylocke finish well, Dazzler is coming off the back burner! :D
She's still missing all 9 kicks. That's my first priority with her, then the rest should fall into place. I think I've got her specials and hypers planned out and they shouldn't take too long to sprite.

Ok, back to work! lol

- Twin

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2014, 08:07:08 PM »
Another stage finished! :D 2 more to go. :P

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #97 on: November 24, 2014, 08:32:06 PM »
Now you made me curious. I never seen a stage of yours so I'm very anxious about what yer going to release (hopefully). They are comic book related?

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #98 on: November 24, 2014, 10:04:13 PM »
Yep, all X-men stages.
I made a stage DC vs Marvel related, "The Sky is Bleeding". I also made a stage for my Nightcrawler long ago and it was released. Not sure if it's still around actually. I also did a stage for Dazzler, but that's the old old version and that's actually the one I just finished. :)

I plan to release all four stages around Christmas. ;)

Offline dev.

• Contributor
« Reply #99 on: November 25, 2014, 04:50:59 AM »
Ow, I have Dazzler's stage in my mugen, but I never knew it's yours. And "The Sky Is Bleeding" you mean this one?
If yes, unfortunately it was never released, but it's a cool stage.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal