collapse

Author Topic: Man of Steel - Thoughts, Concerns, Predictions  (Read 2284 times)

Offline CosmicToxin

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 14, 2015, 02:46:04 PM
    • Email

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
Re: Man of Steel - Thoughts, Concerns, Predictions
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 06:18:56 PM »
Hey guys, I watched Man of Steel today. I thought it was great! :D
Everything about it I liked, literally no qualms or criticisms.

Well, I do have ONE criticism and that's (SPOILER BELOW)

(click to show/hide)

Other than that, I loved it. I feel they respected the source material enough, aside from my above mentioned criticism. The film wasn't that dark actually. I found myself smiling a lot watching this.
I think it's a terrific start for creating the DC movie universe. I'm very well pleased. :)

- Twin

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 08:53:31 PM »
 :thumbsup: glad you enjoyed it twin.  that one qualm tho to me when i saw that happened definitely made me look wide eyed in shock but i saw in him what would i have had to do if i was in his position. Thats what made him....real.  i agree this really sets the ball for other Dc movies to get going and go all out with it.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 09:29:56 PM »
I know right, that moment was a shocker, but a well done one. The more I contemplate it, the more I'm ok with it, just hope it doesn't impact Superman's character too much with future films as well as the dynamics/contrast between him and the Justice League. Oh well. I'm still on a high cause I really like how it turned out. :)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2013, 09:57:35 PM »
me too twin. i am still reeling from the movie on how well i was entertained. Only avengers flick had me like this for a week or more and i still love that movie to death. lol.  i went in to see Man of Steel very open minded about how they was gonna do it. Turned out great.

I have to say ... i adored Zod and felt sorry for him . He wasn't truly evil in essence  so you could kinda  felt for him. He wasnt trying to be evil.. he loved his people and his planet with every fiber of his being and would do anything needed in his mind and heart to preserve and keep his race alive and kicking. At all costs.  Superman didnt have that deep seeded love and connection to Krypton cause he never known it, earth is all he knows. But has to come to grips with how earth sees him and in my opinion, it was shown just how we can be in quite a few of the scenes and  after the aftermath and the general dude and that woman got stopped by supes.  Superman kept it TOTALLY REAL with them and meant it!  :D everyone in the theater burst into clapping and cheered some at that scene.  :D

this guy has to be Superman from now on! plus the beard he wore as Clark really made him bad@ss! lol makes me wonder tho...what in the world did he shave it clean with /:O ... :D

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 24, 2024, 06:38:44 AM
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2013, 11:52:26 PM »
Just came back from watching it. It was a good movie, a bit long and some things felt drawn out while other things felt like they needed more time to develop. Like the relationship between Clark and Lois, it was really sudden on how close they got. The fight scenes were great, especially the final battle.

Spoilers here:
(click to show/hide)

All in all, it was the movie about his origins more than anything. This is what's expected. Not like Begins was the best of the Batman trilogy, right.? I expect great things from the next Supes film.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2013, 12:23:57 AM »
 :D you right about that part batz.. they didnt need a drone to find Clark...but they did to find Superman.  and he did a huge F U and  [-X to them.  which he was well into his right to do so. They do that now so i saw the resemblance of our human traits in that scene with government intrusion. the part that got me was.. what the general said about America sake....uhhh Superman just protected the ENTIRE earth and they worried about him betraying America? yeah...BS.  I saw a lot of the real human qualities in this outside of the comic version of how they embraced superman. That was and is a point the film tries to make without going overboard with it. His earth father and mother during the flashbacks made those same thoughts well known to him. how he would be viewed by humans in this day and era...in a sense of using realistic terms. I loved it!

The development of a lois and clark rushed relationship didnt bother me as much really. I have seen it long ago in the other superman movies and comics so it didnt bother me that they sorta fused both superman origins and superman 2 movie together but done well with it.  To me, it makes a lot more sense she knows his identity rather cause.. Clark looks like superman and superman looks like Clark.  ok maybe the hair might be a tad diff. lol . She actually was a very strong woman in the film with a realism way but still payed some tradition to Lois in the comics...just done different.   The telling of Krypton was genius. loved the begining cause now it made him seem even more Alien.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »
Ya, Clark and Lois' relationship should have remained mostly a friendship and turned into a romance in a sequel. The kiss sort of came out of no where. Awkward timing, just after an apocalyptic invasion?  lol

I get annoyed when people debate and whine whether Superman is still American or not. I enjoyed Supes response in the movie, "I was raised in Kansas, I'm as American as it gets." lol
Perfect response. He protects the WHOLE world, but is still American. He's not going to reject his American roots, just if Superman had originated anywhere else. Nuff said. :P

I'm actually not sure how many people are really aware that Clark is Superman. Lois and his mom obviously. We'll see how they handle it in the sequel. I loved how they set Daily Planet Clark up at the end. It's the next chapter in Clark's life and it made me want to see a sequel. :)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2013, 04:29:15 PM »
lol d@mn right about that twin bro. He gave them a response the general couldnt argue back. lol.
you know what, if anything was the most awkward out of weirdness place in the movie...was the kiss.  that really made me just go  /:O ooooohhhhh kay? lol. i took it as what it was ( based on movies i have seen that people done that out of nowhere lmao). Probably one of those moments in movies where people get all riled up after a aftermath or trauma event but it was the weird thing. me and my brother just looked at each other and was like...soooo where did that come from? lol.

i can only guess now who the new antagonist will be to superman and the world. Could be Lex but whoever it is they will either be another global threat or a mind gamer to mess with supes head. Lex does a good job of messing with Superman head and sets it up to be more a story type....but it better have some great action. I dont want it to be another Superman returns cause we already had that. But now can give the other actors more screen time and some better development and hopefully dont overshadow Superman. With Lois already knowing his secret this should be interesting in how it plays out. A final showdown for the trilogy for me would be Doomsday ( if only superman is the only hero in the movie) or  Darkseid.

This presents a chance in the next movie and end movie  to bring or meet other superheros from the Dc universe.  Especially if Darkseid is the final enemy to face in the last movie, then we should see a lot of them coming out for a final battle for earth. SO my vote will be cast to see Darkseid as the trilogy end villain and then bring in more Dc folks..,, hmmm by this time then could be the Justice League done formed.   :-?? but i expect good things from this new trilogy that it might  be.  If its an ongoing film franchise then all things are possible.

Offline C.R.O.M. Zaxis

• Green Lantern of sector 2814.6
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 08, 2023, 02:57:48 PM
  • Zaxis for CROM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2013, 05:11:31 PM »
Really? I hated it. Everything, save for the fight scenes, Russell Crowe, and the dude playing Superman, angered me.
Felt too much like Michael Bay's Superman or The Clark Knight to me.
Lol @ "The Clark Knight", But seriously though. Isn't the new thing in Hollywood to make things "Dark and Gritty Realism"? Like:
Batman:
(click to show/hide)
Superman:
(click to show/hide)
Even freaking HANZEL AND GRETYL and JACK AND THE BEANSTALK:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2013, 05:47:59 PM »
I despise the trend of making everything dark, gritty and "realistic". Half the time, those movies aren't realistic. I will say though, some movies do well with the dark tone. It just bothers me that every movie seems to have to imitate it.

I think they handled the tone well enough for Man of Steel. It is, after all, the modern, more realistic Superman, not another throwback to the Christopher Reeves era. I would have preferred the movie have a less dark, faded palette. Similar to the new Star Trek movies maybe.

This is only a preference though. Didn't ruin the enjoyment for me.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2013, 06:17:20 PM »
I despise the trend of making everything dark, gritty and "realistic". Half the time, those movies aren't realistic. I will say though, some movies do well with the dark tone. It just bothers me that every movie seems to have to imitate it.
That's because they saw how much revenue The Dark Knight brought in; and they thought if they try to replicate that formula with other properties, they'll make just as much money.

Problem is just because it worked for Batman doesn't mean it'll work for every other superhero.

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2013, 07:42:56 PM »
Very true. And it's not just for superhero movies. I meant any type of movie in general, usually action movies and dramas. But ya, you're right. I think Batman and Lord of the Rings really have impacted movies. In some ways, for the better and other ways not good, cause it's just sad to see so many movies try to copy the same movies that made a billion dollars. That's just lazy and foolish.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2013, 08:47:02 PM »
yeah i didnt like much some of the more kiddie movies going all super dark tone but it put a good spin on them from the novels.  my mom spoke to me of the Hanzel and Gretel movie and how it was a bedtime story when she was just a child but at its core it was a childrens theme of overcoming evil. it may have been put in a childs light hearted mindset ( in the bedtime story) but the true nature of it was darkness lives and its there.

with these movies going the way of how they are adding new tones on them does what it does when it does it. makes entertainment for those who follow that type of movie themes and it makes them money. They have seen some movies proper from being to the core a bit of the comics and others flop when doing it or not doing it. I love the LOTR trilogy. epic tale and enjoyed the visuals. So even making a comic accurate movie can be a hit or a miss cause you know how us fans are about those movies. we dont always agree and will find something out of place or wish for more. lol.

superhero movies yeah def can be a hit or a miss when going the more darker tone route by whatever the dark tone even means. the darkest thing to me in Man Of Steel was him killing Zod. but it was made needed. if he would have gotten sent back to the place again with those others.. i would have been like where is the epic battle i wanted...so i was glad they did it like they did.  now opens the door for more characters who may be even more dangerous to superman and the earth than just Zod. but will they make him handle it the same way?

i can view these movies a bit from both sides. the fans and the business.  they make these movies for fans but at same time they have to make a lot of money back. As a fan i want some semblance of what i have come to known but as well i want the right entertainment value. Now i done seen what they have to offer in action and other elements i am now more intrigued to see more of how they gonna play out the drama and plot lines with the inclusion of more depth of some of the characters aside superman. in next sequel.

dear lawd..another Landotism post!  o.O#
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 08:55:55 PM by C.R.O.M - Lando »

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 04:03:55 AM »
Fun Fact: Most fairy tales were actually longer novels originally written as entertainment for adults, and were later translated into a younger tone of voice with a younger audience in mind by the Grimm Brothers, who were probably the pioneers in the trend of considering older works as suitable or intended for children (when they originally were not).

The darker Hansel and Gretel movie is more accurate to its original incarnation than most of the children's cartoons have been.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 07:30:24 AM »
Fun Fact: Most fairy tales were actually longer novels originally written as entertainment for adults, and were later translated into a younger tone of voice with a younger audience in mind by the Grimm Brothers, who were probably the pioneers in the trend of considering older works as suitable or intended for children (when they originally were not).

The darker Hansel and Gretel movie is more accurate to its original incarnation than most of the children's cartoons have been.
^^(PM)^  yep sir.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[Today at 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD