collapse

Author Topic: Sonic: Lost Worlds  (Read 2125 times)

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
Re: Sonic: Lost Worlds
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2013, 04:54:37 PM »
What? B-but Sonic 2006 is one of the wirst games, and it's even rushed, full of bugs and unused material, that went unused because, yep, you guessed it, it was even more rushed then Super Double Dragon.
He never said it wasn't a guilty pleasure  :D

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 04, 2015, 08:54:58 PM
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2013, 06:27:16 PM »
As sonic fans we deserve better. There have  been many horrible sonic games, but this one looks like it will take the crown for that. How come HYPER SONIC and the 14 emeralds haven't made their epic return?  :-??A 3d or he remake of sonic 3 and knuckles would be better than  this bs. New super Mario bros for Wii and Wii u got that right. Most of the sonic hacks on sonic retro are better than anything Sega has put out in the past decade. Sonia and silver s factor  FTW. \-/o

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2013, 06:33:55 PM »
As sonic fans we deserve better. There have  been many horrible sonic games, but this one looks like it will take the crown for that.
Again: Shadow, 06, Black Knight, Chronicles, and the Game Gear games - and THIS is the worst of the worst?  /:O

How come HYPER SONIC and the 14 emeralds haven't made their epic return?
The Super Emeralds were just made up to justify why you would need to go into the special stages during the second half of Sonic 3 when you already had the Chaos Emeralds.

I will agree though, an HD Sonic 3&K would be amazing

Most of the sonic hacks on sonic retro are better than anything Sega has put out in the past decade. Sonia and silver s factor  FTW. \-/o
You criticize the six new bosses here but you'd play a game starring Silver (whom many consider the worst Sonic character ever conceived) and Sonia (a character made for the worst Sonic cartoon made)?

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
« Reply #28 on: May 30, 2013, 07:08:22 PM »
[quote author=HyperSonic92 link=topic=40825.msg493278#msg493278 date=1369953235

You criticize the six new bosses here but you'd play a game starring Silver (whom many consider the worst Sonic character ever conceived) and Sonia (a character made for the worst Sonic cartoon made)?
[/quote]

Bro bro play s factor the game is amazing. The new sonic lost bosses look like horrible pokemon knockoffs. The 14 emeralds were a great idea giving sonic more replay value the only thing sonic games lacked due to their short length. The point is  Sega should take the old genesis formula, update it, new graphics extra levels a co op mode, which made episode 2 such a fun game. Not this crap that is so obviously  Nintendo influenced. This game will suck no doubt. A few gamers will like it jus like a few liked that sonic 3d blast garbage. Sonic megamix is another great example Sega should learn from. As for silver and sonia that is all a matter of opinion  not a definite gamebreaker like sonic the werehog

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 30, 2013, 07:10:28 PM »
Again: Shadow, 06, Black Knight, Chronicles, and the Game Gear games - and THIS is the worst of the worst? 

hey, shadows game certainly didn't do everything right (cannon straight out the window)
but considering it went with a completely different styling/ game mechanics from all the previous games, it did it quite well in my opinion
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2013, 07:22:33 PM »

Bro bro play s factor the game is amazing. The new sonic lost bosses look like horrible pokemon knockoffs. The 14 emeralds were a great idea giving sonic more replay value the only thing sonic games lacked due to their short length. The point is  Sega should take the old genesis formula, update it, new graphics extra levels a co op mode, which made episode 2 such a fun game. Not this crap that is so obviously  Nintendo influenced. This game will suck no doubt. A few gamers will like it jus like a few liked that sonic 3d blast garbage. Sonic megamix is another great example Sega should learn from. As for silver and sonia that is all a matter of opinion  not a definite gamebreaker like sonic the werehog

Look while I can agree on the characters looking bad, Silver hate being highly opinionated, I can't take a look at this game and find anything wrong with the game itself. The game looks to be a solid game ( the only problem I can see s it being a bit short).

Also there were only 7 emeralds in sonic 3 & Knuckles, the super emeralds are the same chaos emeralds just with their full power.

hey, shadows game certainly didn't do everything right (cannon straight out the window)
but considering it went with a completely different styling/ game mechanics from all the previous games, it did it quite well in my opinion

The main problem with shadow the hedgehog in my opinion is that it was to slow, and some game mechanics were a bit glitchy.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #31 on: May 30, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
Again: Shadow, 06, Black Knight, Chronicles, and the Game Gear games - and THIS is the worst of the worst?  /:O
The Super Emeralds were just made up to justify why you would need to go into the special stages during the second half of Sonic 3 when you already had the Chaos Emeralds.

Big is the worst then siliver

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #32 on: May 30, 2013, 08:01:38 PM »
Look while I can agree on the characters looking bad, Silver hate being highly opinionated, I can't take a look at this game and find anything wrong with the game itself. The game looks to be a solid game ( the only problem I can see s it being a bit short).
From what I can gather, he just hates is because it's not 2D or in Adventure format.

Problem is, that different style does not belong in a Sonic game at all. Unless you're the type of Sonic fan who thinks Sonic should be super serious and gritty.

Big is the worst then siliver
And I completely agree  ^^(PM)^

I'm just saying a lot of people really hate Silver

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: May 30, 2013, 09:34:44 PM »
From what I can gather, he just hates is because it's not 2D or in Adventure format.

I'd love for them to make a new adventure game, but there's nothing wrong with the game style they do now. In fact I think it would be awesome if they fused they made a sonic adventure type game with this style of game play.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2013, 09:49:14 PM »
This game has very little hope of being  epic. It will just another very medicore sonic game like so many others. I'm just saying after so many let downs of recent memory  SEGA should of figured that they should of returned to their roots with just newer graphics. A 3d sonic cd, or even build off of some of the great awesome sonic hacks out there. This new game will do very little  for sonic and fans alike. The video didn't even WOW me.  Pokemon rip offs come on.  I bet all of us here with the right assets , time etc could make a better sonic game than this crap  <_<|...|

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2013, 09:57:46 PM »
This game has very little hope of being  epic. It will just another very medicore sonic game like so many others. I'm just saying after so many let downs of recent memory  SEGA should of figured that they should of returned to their roots with just newer graphics. A 3d sonic cd, or even build off of some of the great awesome sonic hacks out there. This new game will do very little  for sonic and fans alike. The video didn't even WOW me.  Pokemon rip offs come on.  I bet all of us here with the right assets , time etc could make a better sonic game than this crap  <_<|...|

I want to ask a very simple question: why? Why will it be crap? Why will everyone hate it? Why?

Offline Thaknight33

• Initiate
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2013, 10:09:53 PM »
It is very Mario galaxy influenced as seen in the video. Which is great for Mario but not a sonic game. Hell I bet Mario might be a secret character in the game which would suck. Sonic should return to a 2d plane kinda like the episode series which wasn't that bad beside some of the physics and being once again too short of a game.  Or similar to generations gameplay which was very fun. Sega just needs to make sonic games longer with way more replay value, something Mario does very well. This game will fail because it is nothing us true sonic fans asked for. The video shows us some sonics new moves. Since when in the hell did he need them.???All his moves from the old genesis games and new ones from adventure were perfect and should have been left at that. Only being playable on Nintendo consoles??  Why has Sega allowed Nintendo to handicap their mascot. It has too many red flags bro. This game won't be a breath of fresh air for us sonic fans. Jus recycled garbage with weak gimmicks just wait and see.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2013, 10:51:04 PM »
Sega just needs to make sonic games longer with way more replay value, something Mario does very well
That's a common complaint I see a lot with Sonic games, even the good ones, that they're too short. I personally don't see that as a bad thing as long as the gameplay itself is fun and enjoyable. The only Sonic games to my knowledge that are rather long are 06 and Unleashed, which were long for the WRONG reasons

This game will fail because it is nothing us true sonic fans asked for
*Bright, vibrant, and stylized settings
*Sonic being the only playable character (debatable but a lot of people want this)
*No overly serious story and tone which clashes with the series

I dunno, I think this will please Sonic fans quite a bit.  :-??

Only being playable on Nintendo consoles??  Why has Sega allowed Nintendo to handicap their mascot.
Again:
*The Adventure game ports for the Gamecube
*The Advanced trilogy
*The Rush games
*Colors

Sonic on Nintendo isn't anything new

Offline overlordnick

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 11:49:14 PM »
*Bright, vibrant, and stylized settings
*Sonic being the only playable character (debatable but a lot of people want this)
*No overly serious story and tone which clashes with the series

I dunno, I think this will please Sonic fans quite a bit.  :-??

well, the problem there is there's not one generic sonic fan
some people are fine with a silly or over-the-top story, and are more than happy to play segas next shark jump (if you don't get the reference google "jumping the shark"), not that that's a bad stance, there's MUCH worse on the market
some people prefer the more serious games, like the adventure games, serious games tend to have better stories

you'll never make everyone happy

Offline -Whiplash-

• Prince of Latis
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 25, 2021, 12:18:48 AM
  • Destroy the Core!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 11:51:56 PM »
some people prefer the more serious games, like the adventure games, serious games tend to have better stories

Don't let hypersonic know that, it might challenge his views on reality.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »
Well the Adventure games ARE more serious, but they still have enough quirk and humor to keep it in check.

That same quirk didn't exist in almost every game after than until Unleashed (not counting Heroes)

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2013, 01:39:42 AM »
Well the Adventure games ARE more serious, but they still have enough quirk and humor to keep it in check.

That same quirk didn't exist in almost every game after than until Unleashed (not counting Heroes)

Soo Sonic 06? Did you play Sonic colours and generations, the dialogue in colours was so moronic and childish that I face palmed several times. Generations was only slightly better. Where as in sonic adventure 2 we had a story where nobody was a moron and the dialogue wasn't just nonstop bad jokes. I mean my 8 year old sister wasn't even impressed by the dialogue colours contained.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2013, 01:54:34 AM »
Soo Sonic 06? Did you play Sonic colours and generations, the dialogue in colours was so moronic and childish that I face palmed several times. Generations was only slightly better. Where as in sonic adventure 2 we had a story where nobody was a moron and the dialogue wasn't just nonstop bad jokes. I mean my 8 year old sister wasn't even impressed by the dialogue colours contained.
Tails was dumb in SA2. How many times did Sonic roll his eyes at his comments? lol But the dialog was really good. Tho that was good I'd hate to see many DEEP sonic games. Reason being is because they pump sonic games out like candy. It takes time to develop a good story. Thats why most of the sonic stories blow. They are rushed. The colors and generations approach was good. less dialog lead to the classic feel . Id love to see a SA3 but they need to cook that game for at least 2 years....

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2013, 02:08:11 AM »
I wouldn't say the writing in the Adventure games were that good looking back. A lot of the stuff in Adventure 1 can be really stupid

"Aw YEAH! This is happening"
"Watch out! You're gonna crash! Ah!"
"You're right my friend. So HERE! WE! GOOOOOO!"

Offline overlordnick

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2013, 02:52:29 AM »
I wouldn't say the writing in the Adventure games were that good looking back. A lot of the stuff in Adventure 1 can be really stupid

i'd say that was fairly normal speech for scripts in the 90's
or maybe i just watch crappy tv shows

Offline Jelux Da Casual

• of the Old Guard
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 08:58:55 PM
  • 7/18/11 - Death of a Legend
    • JeluxDaCasual
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2013, 10:30:27 AM »

Yeah.... the thing about that is well, after 06, Sonic games pretty much lost their legit storyline attempt credibility, even for me. It's gonna take some time before  I'm gonna take any storyline with some weight unless they rebooted the series with some of the comic influence. I actually found Tails and Sonic's back and forth appropriate, two friends just being friends.
(ಠ_益ಠ) (~_~) CAPCOM
    Fyro^                 ^Me
\(゜0゜)/  (╯°Д°)╯彡WOƆԀ∀Ɔ
(╯^_^)/*\(^o^╯)       WOƆԀ∀Ɔ

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2013, 12:02:00 PM »
Tails was dumb in SA2. How many times did Sonic roll his eyes at his comments? lol But the dialog was really good. Tho that was good I'd hate to see many DEEP sonic games. Reason being is because they pump sonic games out like candy. It takes time to develop a good story. Thats why most of the sonic stories blow. They are rushed. The colors and generations approach was good. less dialog lead to the classic feel . Id love to see a SA3 but they need to cook that game for at least 2 years....

I never said they had to be deep, you can have an excuse plot and still have a decent story and dialogue. Really any Mario game is a good example.

Sonic adventure- 1998

Sonic colours - 2010

I'll let the silly dialogue in adventure slide, also they at least tried to make the dialogue reasonable and not just a bunch of lame jokes.

Yeah.... the thing about that is well, after 06, Sonic games pretty much lost their legit storyline attempt credibility, even for me. It's gonna take some time before  I'm gonna take any storyline with some weight unless they rebooted the series with some of the comic influence. I actually found Tails and Sonic's back and forth appropriate, two friends just being friends.

The problem wasn't the back and fourth it was how it was written, I mean if the writers cant be bothered  to spend more then 5 minutes on the dialogue whats the point.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2013, 01:34:15 PM »
Proof that the Colors/Generations writers CAN write good dialog

Also fun fact: the same people who wrote those two Sonic games wrote MadWorld

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2013, 03:18:25 PM »
Proof that the Colors/Generations writers CAN write good dialog

Also fun fact: the same people who wrote those two Sonic games wrote MadWorld

Ahh I see so they put the good jokes in an intercom message, while we get things like this:

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2013, 03:42:04 PM »
Still better writing than in AoStH

(why people love that show, outside of Long John Baldry, I'll never know)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare