collapse

Author Topic: Brokeback Marvel - Wolvie + Herc  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
Re: Brokeback Marvel - Wolvie + Herc
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2013, 09:07:17 PM »
Some people do actually choose to be gay.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2013, 10:22:17 PM »
*shrugs*  Maybe it's just me, but I like that it's someone who others think "doesn't fit".  After all, "gay" doesn't have a type, there are lots of different gay people. I think it would be interesting to see how a Wolverine-type would handle being gay.

man, thats what we (comics fan) does,  i dont like to see wolverine gay, same way i dont like to see xavier  walking, he must be on a whellchair!!!
is not about wolvrine-type being gay, i dont know herc background, so is cool to me if he is gay or not, but i know wolverine since im 12, all his romance, love for jean, be gay right now just dont fit to him.

and will not discuss about be gay out of comics, everyone or every-type can be gay, but if my dad, which i know since im 0, say "im gay", it just dont fit too, is not about my dad-type be gay.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2013, 11:11:04 PM »
well i be d@mned! now they done made 2 iconic heros dudes....gay? well i wasnt gonna touch this with a ten foot pole but i found interesting some of the comments made that dwell outside of the comic into real life.

it hits home when its a sibling that yes turned gay not born gay and not someone who is just a friend. I watched one of my sis over her life always deep into men, after  dealing with alot of very bad men and total idiots who treated her totally wrong she did the whole , I am gonna try a woman. and i can say this, it aint no different. same issues and same dramas but its who you get with that share same love and compassion as you do in those same sex relationships that matters . I like her much better this way as it suits her...for now. its her choice cause she chose it. we actually had a very long discussion me and her along with her GF. who  was so abused by men ( and she is a very pretty girl by fact) and she decided to go women to get away from the men. They both laid the deep talk on me about it  So to say no one can choose it is totally false. Yes you can. But there are as said alot born that way so its both. Born and a choice.

Now with the comic wise... i am kinda on the fence with making comic characters that show no signs of it as well just turn gay cause its like an In thing to writers. i tho applaud it cause it shows diversity among the characters as par in real world society. there can be gay heros and villians in comics.

The thing why this may burn alot of deep hearted fans of these characters is they breathe a pillar of manliness throughout their history and readers connect with that of their favorite characters and then to just turn them gay might feel like a real big pause like....wtf is going on and why! people who feel that way shouldnt feel bad or made and insulted cause they do. its not a hate thing or otherwise , its a personal connection thing to me IMO.

At the end of the day it boilds down to wether you the comic reader and fan want to buy into the fantasy worlds new perceptions that the writers are making the characters . If you dont like it , fine , if you for it fine. its all about your choice.

Now for my thought on the whole Wolverine and Herc hookup ...all i got to say is....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they kissed! Brokeback Marvel   :D

Offline C.R.O.M. - 有且只有一個

• Voice-actor
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 12, 2021, 11:36:25 AM
  • 133rd "Iron-man" Baby!!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2013, 11:22:46 PM »
well i be d@mned! now they done made 2 iconic heros dudes....gay? well i wasnt gonna touch this with a ten foot pole but i found interesting some of the comments made that dwell outside of the comic into real life.

it hits home when its a sibling that yes turned gay not born gay and not someone who is just a friend. I watched one of my sis over her life always deep into men, after  dealing with alot of very bad men and total idiots who treated her totally wrong she did the whole , I am gonna try a woman. and i can say this, it aint no different. same issues and same dramas but its who you get with that share same love and compassion as you do in those same sex relationships that matters . I like her much better this way as it suits her...for now. its her choice cause she chose it. we actually had a very long discussion me and her along with her GF. who  was so abused by men ( and she is a very pretty girl by fact) and she decided to go women to get away from the men. They both laid the deep talk on me about it  So to say no one can choose it is totally false. Yes you can. But there are as said alot born that way so its both. Born and a choice.

Now with the comic wise... i am kinda on the fence with making comic characters that show no signs of it as well just turn gay cause its like an In thing to writers. i tho applaud it cause it shows diversity among the characters as par in real world society. there can be gay heros and villians in comics.

The thing why this may burn alot of deep hearted fans of these characters is they breathe a pillar of manliness throughout their history and readers connect with that of their favorite characters and then to just turn them gay might feel like a real big pause like....wtf is going on and why! people who feel that way shouldnt feel bad or made and insulted cause they do. its not a hate thing or otherwise , its a personal connection thing to me IMO.

At the end of the day it boilds down to wether you the comic reader and fan want to buy into the fantasy worlds new perceptions that the writers are making the characters . If you dont like it , fine , if you for it fine. its all about your choice.

Now for my thought on the whole Wolverine and Herc hookup ...all i got to say is....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they kissed! Brokeback Marvel   :D

Good post, lol they should have named that comic book that.
"Stay down I'll knock you down again!"

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 11:46:10 PM »
Mr Hugh Jackman..... you are not helping my point here,

lolololololololo

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2013, 12:40:52 AM »
 :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie Zvitor! was that a leopard print tight @$$ shirt he wearing? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO man NOOOOOO! :DxDie  kissing at the awards wether male on male or female on female has become too common to even care. its almost expected. lol

seriously tho , bro chimoru being bi wether no matter the percentage is still is what it is. i dont see why even bi people would even care what people who want to dive in the area of testing out both sides would differ from what they do themselves. i would think if you never done it before and wanted to try it to see if you liked it enough to convert to being a main definitive one that trying ( testing the waters) would make some bit of sense.  those that do 50/50 60/40 or whatever do it probably because of sexual appetite or even that is just how they swing with their taste for the moment or period. Its their choice.

Real Talk many years ago i was in a very good relationship with a very beautiful woman who was BI, but her Bi was she would be in a solid relationship and not deviate to the other side on whims. if she was with a man she was with a man only and if vice versa then the same. there was no testing out the waters. that was just her personal way she chose. The community has many types themselves ranging from transgender, transexual, lesbian , Bi and male gay. Born or choice it is what it is in how those roles are played out by the individuals. ( but transgender and transexuals may not feel they are the define word of gay) To even see, read or hear one hating or having any type of bias towards the other is ridiculous cause then it more so champions the same bias and hate/fear that comes from  some straight folks.

The writers of wolverine and herc or whoever  shouldnt be mad if anyone has issues with how they changed characters that fans loved for so long. Its even crazier for people who pass down their love for comics to their kids and may not read the latest issue where someone went the other way sexual orientation wise and then child brings you the comic and says simpley" why is wolverine butt naked in bed with Hercules and hercules got scratches all on his back and they kissing"?  yeah now you got to explain all this as well be in shock yourself. lol  :-??

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2013, 03:03:53 AM »
I just don't like it Wolverine, because as was mentioned, a huge part of his character has been what his love for women characters motivates him to do.

I think it's actually cool with Hercules, because the Greeks and Romans were pretty open cultures about their sexuality. It makes sense for the character.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2013, 03:10:15 AM »
I just don't like it Wolverine, because as was mentioned, a huge part of his character has been what his love for women characters motivates him to do.

I think it's actually cool with Hercules, because the Greeks and Romans were pretty open cultures about their sexuality. It makes sense for the character.

Both points make alot of sense too.  ^^(PM)^

yeah wolverine is just...oh cmon man why the#$%& gonna do that!

Herc tho going by the actual findings and practices they used to do doesnt come off too bad cause they were like those ways back then in RL.

Offline metamutant

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 08, 2024, 09:58:09 AM
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2013, 04:50:59 AM »

No it does not. Marvel version of Hercules is a well known ladies man. He's right up there with Tony Stark in that department. So it makes absouletly no sense at all and is a cheap ploy by marvel to shock and stir up controversy to an alternative crap version. His hold reputation in based on battles, bar fights and women.
http://www.comicvine.com/hercules/29-2503/hercules-the-ladies-man/92-596302/
http://www.comicvine.com/hercules/29-2503/so-who-has-hercules-been-with/92-722068/?

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2013, 01:11:52 PM »
No it does not. Marvel version of Hercules is a well known ladies man. He's right up there with Tony Stark in that department. So it makes absouletly no sense at all and is a cheap ploy by marvel to shock and stir up controversy to an alternative crap version. His hold reputation in based on battles, bar fights and women.

No, it still makes sense. Greeks and Romans, and their respective holy pantheons, stuck their twinkies in basically every orifice, regardless of who it was attached to. Hercules being bisexual (which is what has been implied) makes so much sense.

Offline Beto

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 12:06:43 PM
  • Action!!
    • My Youtube page
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2013, 01:20:38 PM »
Or looking for another point of view, are trying to stop this macho profile and make it more malleable, starting with his son Daken who seems to have a dual function sexual summarizing simplifying's marketing strategy, the gay community has never been greater, the heroes as we know it will change, we'll see spiderman and captain America on a suicide mission and suddenly they have a romance, all to attract the homosexuals

Offline Loganir

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 01, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
  • óia !!!!
    • www.loganir.blogspot.com
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2013, 05:10:33 PM »
That Hugh Jakckman :D

In the end this duo is just for more polemic$$$
It's  Marvel repeating himself with alternate realitys... Spidergirl Exiles and ultimate Colossus can tell.

Funny how in this case they want it extreme and did it to the most noticeable Marvel's "ladies man".

Hercules... well... they always show his Marvel version a womanizer... centuries of love affairs.
but the recent runs with that kid Amadeus Cho... well.. brings some suspicions. heh. ;*))

I found Wolverine's long list on this matter...  it's a interesting chart about his relations.
Now they need to update it. lol
(click to show/hide)

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2013, 07:10:40 PM »
"X-Treme X-Men
X-Treme X-Men vol. 2 #7 (2013) depicts an alternate version of Hercules who is in a gay relationship with that dimension's Wolverine, the British Governor General of the Dominion of Canada, who is known as Howlett. In #10 it is shown that when the pair revealed their relationship, Zeus banished them into the pit of Tartarus as he is the only god allowed to consort with mortals.[108]"

now, that's OK!! they are in an alt universe. That works for me.
I thought they where the mainstream, and that would have benn wrong. But in an alt universe they work really fine

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercules_(Marvel_Comics)#X-Treme_X-Men

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD