collapse

Author Topic: Connecticut gun rampage: 28 dead, including 20 schoolchildren  (Read 2226 times)

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
Re: Connecticut gun rampage: 28 dead, including 20 schoolchildren
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2012, 08:35:52 PM »
 >:-(-| as well but...WOW you guys interesting.

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 06, 2024, 01:10:03 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2012, 08:59:01 PM »
i am talkin bout, lets get it young man! bring all those styles out bro!

I can't. I had an accident a long time ago, where I tore the ligaments in my leg while I was on a Muay Thai fight.
I learned Snake style after it, but its not the same thing anymore. THis is why I learned grapple MA after that.

Offline overlordnick

• Winner of Round 2/3/7/8/12 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:July 05, 2016, 05:28:34 AM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2012, 09:35:17 PM »
*reads lists of martial arts*
umm... *points at a pair of katanas and some knives* i'm good with those
i feel kinda unskilled now
i could mention the riffles, but i doubt that would go over very well at this point

not recommended if you feel the emotion humans call simpathy
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 04:11:21 AM by overlordnick »
You know they're scraping the bottom of the barrel when they make me a mod

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 08:47:33 AM »
Another example of that are not the guns the problem:

Here are Brazil, we have strong laws about to have a gun, its expensive and not easy to get one. We have way less guns then USA but we have 3x time more deaths with guns: http://translate.google.com.br/translate?sl=pt&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=pt-BR&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fnoticias.terra.com.br%2Fbrasil%2F%2C77fff4ff6c7ab310VgnCLD2000000ec6eb0aRCRD.html

Its not the guns the issue. The people are.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 05:33:33 AM
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 10:37:11 AM »
You saying it like I disagree with you. I'm not. I'm fully agree on point that person behind gun is main problem, but main doesn't means the only one. Guns in many cases are triggers to act or act sooner and make more damage. I'll use this metaphor - it's like volcano before eruption, sooner or later it will erupt, but if you'll make cracks in surface in certain points eruption will not only happen sooner, but will cause more damage to surroundings. In case of psychos - more time they need to execute their murderous plans - more chances of some event to happen, which may delay it more or force to give it up.
On the main problem - this can help in understanding roots of it http://www.youtube.com/user/dwlFilms/videos?view=0 problem is deeper, there's more to it, but it surely is big part of it.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 11:44:18 AM »
No, I am not targeting toward you, but toward the whole thing

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2012, 01:40:58 PM »
Exe think about this: I am a 286lb big, strong and fat guy, which is skilled in Muay Thai, Kung Fu, Kick Boxing, Judo and with some of JJ/MMA. If I would be off  of my mind, I won't need a gun to kill someone. Again: yes, a gun will make the things easier, but knowing me, I would choose another methods, like kicking him to death, since I made workouts at legs with 533lbs and I know how much strength I had on my legs. And I was a White Arms collector, so guns won't be so necessary.

With your fancy martial arts you successfully killed one individual in the time it would take someone with a gun to kill twelve.
Guns need heavier restrictions.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2012, 02:26:14 PM »
Again, its not the gun, is WHO pulls the trigger.

Yes, maybe more restriction (but take a look at the post on the last page, restrictions doesn't avoids kills), but that doesn't resolves the problem.

And when I psycho comes to you, go ahead and say "hey, With your fancy martial arts you will successfully kill just one individual" and good luck :)

Plus, someone with a knife, with the proper training, can kill as quick or even more as a firegun on a wrong hand.

Offline Kriven

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2021, 04:30:43 PM
  • Rock on, Mario!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2012, 02:34:16 PM »
Again, its not the gun, is WHO pulls the trigger.

It's also the gun. There is literally no reason civilians should be able to purchase guns designed with the sole purpose of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible.

Yes, maybe more restriction (but take a look at the post on the last page, restrictions doesn't avoids kills), but that doesn't resolves the problem.

No, it doesn't. But it certainly weakens the impact and makes it a lot easier to address the other issues at hand, like how this country handle mental health issues.

And when I psycho comes to you, go ahead and say "hey, With your fancy martial arts you will successfully kill just one individual" and good luck :)

No regard for my own life, try again.

Plus, someone with a knife, with the proper training, can kill as quick or even more as a firegun on a wrong hand.

This is literally bulls***. No matter how you spin it, a knife doesn't ever even come close to being equal with a semi-automatic rifle. This is why guns were invented.

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2012, 03:03:48 PM »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2012/12/15/china-stabbing-school.html

A person with a knife just can't do the same damage as a man with a gun.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:Today at 05:33:33 AM
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2012, 03:30:06 PM »
Keywords are "proper training" - for example I'll be hypothetical psycho >:(, I can't imagine what it's like stabbing someone, I'll make errors stabbing in ribs and other bones which will give a lot of time for seizing me, with bare hands... no, just no ;*)) in my case it would be try=suicide, but if you give me a gun and it's recoil won't be so heavy I can point it upon someone and pull the trigger, pull it again and again until guys in bullet-proof vests will seize me. Remember, I'm regular psycho there, just "that guy, who always silently sited on his workplace", not Rambo or Bruce Lee :D
Kriven's point valid(yes, I said that) - guns were created exactly to be more powerful and more easy to use then weapons before them.
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2012, 03:33:32 PM »
As a Martial artist myself , i think the knife factor of what was brought up , yes differs greatly from shooting an ak47 at a group of people. thats just normal thinking of course. but i get where Uncle O is going. In one of my arts, it revolves around your personal circle, if i have a knife and skilled at it i can kill you with the speed and more precision than a guy holding a gun..within my circle of reach.  Reaction time , speed and skill factors in this logic. Has been proven true that can be done and has. But a fully automatic pointed at me from a distance outside of my personal reach...yeah i throw a knife i am gonna get shot by most chances and the knife might bop him in the chest on the handle and not the point , especially i aint good at throwing a knife.  :D

fact is both, guns and people kill.  you can take a gun out a psycho hand but he still has many ways to still kill masses without a gun. But i am surprised none has even mentioned the fact that these youngsters that are doing all this is getting the training and guns from they own parents. These kids or even young adults got the handling of guns at way young ages. I own a strap ( or a set or 2 >:D ) but do you think in my right state of mind i am gonna take my son who is 12 years old out in a field to shoot my hand cannons?  uhh hell to the mutha dang NO! He wanna get exposed to gun handling..join the police or the military when he grows up and mature state of mind to handle the responsibility of his actions and handling such weapons. , thats his options from my standpoint as his parent.

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2012, 03:33:51 PM »
No, it doesn't. But it certainly weakens the impact and makes it a lot easier to address the other issues at hand, like how this country handle mental health issues.

I think you haven't saw my link...

Keywords are "proper training"
Exactly. Someone with a small gun with no training versus someone with military training is equal...and Santa Clauss exists, sure. As for any militar if they doesn't haves a knife.

It's also the gun. There is literally no reason civilians should be able to purchase guns designed with the sole purpose of killing as many people as possible in as short a time as possible.

I think "Transfer of guilt" was a brazilian thing, but I see its global.
Go ahead and keeps putting the guilty on the tool, not on its user...

Geez.

you can take a gun out a psycho hand but he still has many ways to still kill masses without a gun.
this.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2012, 10:08:50 PM »
Again the best thing congress can do is really get thick on gun laws. Im against taking away fire arms honestly since i own guns myself. My father raised me a certain way and took me to the firing range and hunting before and always promoted a license to get and locking your hand guns. The case and the trigger area etc. He was very into the gun clubs.

Crazy individuals will kill anyone how they will do it. Fire, explosives, gas, knives a car A PLANE whatever. The thing on these guns in America is the loose freedom of those gun shows and gun stores in these towns where folks can damn there buy a shot gun as if its a bag of ice for beer for the next cook out. There should be a strict limit to how many you can buy and what you can buy. Who can buy as far as age (you should be at least 25 years old in my opinion) and serious background check, medical history whatever. EVEN finger printed. My father always told me "Guns dont kill people, people kill people but just like any mechanical device things can go wrong and you can get hurt anyway by accident"

its sad that Obama didnt say what he really wanted to say in his speech because he knew he'd catch heat over it by the NRA and a bunch of political people who are very supportive of having guns. But yet Bloomberg said it clear and out loud on what should be done with the Gun laws when he spoke.....

Around the world there are killings and in every country at its own level. id rather live here than the middle east any day. America has its own bullsh*t violence yes but there are other countries that have it way worse. I just think my country is just being way too careless with this matter at this point and its gun laws and it could be much better. we have the money to do it and its a different time and age where we dont all need to be packing heat like the next civil war or world war is around the corner like the days before any of here was even born.

Thats how i honestly feel about this whole guns in america deal
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 05:17:58 PM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Slivern

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 05:51:39 PM
  • WE ARE NESTS: THE NEW WORLD ORDER
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2012, 10:44:24 PM »

So guys, what of the Second Amendment of the Constitution?

Offline O Ilusionista

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 12:20:52 PM »
Demonkai, your father is very smart!

And this image resumes my point:

Because the logic is the same.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD