collapse

Author Topic: Avalanche by Arkady & Electro  (Read 8257 times)

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
Re: Avalanche by Arkady & Electro
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2012, 09:49:58 PM »
i think tv is to blame for perceptions of comic book characters, only seems to be a few people that need to voice how bad my edits are, usually steming from high expectations of me. mixed with bad tv cartoons like xmenTAS, and wanting that perfect look, or that classic jim lee era look, but unfortunetly im not a mind reader and have no idea what the perfect avalanche looks like to everyone, my edit was loosely based on the current costume and watxm version of avalanche, (he is heavyset with a handlebar moustache and so was the comicbook version of him in the Freedom force. but without the moustache)
so its not your perception of avalanche, its mine, i want your opinons and feedback on the character, but please dont complain if this isnt what you paid for or wished avalanche looked in your minds eye (wait a minute, this is free)

I understand that but i think what there expectation of him was like the edits that i had previously posted before someone deleted the post you see me im more for the old 90's x-men animated series thats what i grew up on and so that's what im lookin for...like i had said before i LIKE your version of avalanche its not BAD at all sure it does have m.bisons look but it don't look highly as obvious as some other char creators had done with there bases...and its not called complainin if the person is only statin a opinion  :|
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2012, 09:54:26 PM »
i think tv is to blame for perceptions of comic book characters, only seems to be a few people that need to voice how bad my edits are, usually steming from high expectations of me. mixed with bad tv cartoons like xmenTAS, and wanting that perfect look, or that classic jim lee era look, but unfortunetly im not a mind reader and have no idea what the perfect avalanche looks like to everyone, my edit was loosely based on the current costume and watxm version of avalanche, (he is heavyset with a handlebar moustache and so was the comicbook version of him in the Freedom force. but without the moustache)
so its not your perception of avalanche, its mine, i want your opinons and feedback on the character, but please dont complain if this isnt what you paid for or wished avalanche looked in your minds eye (wait a minute, this is free)

If it looks like street fighter alpha Bison but it's called Avalanche, and people point out why it's does not look like avalanche, are they wrong or is it just badly sprited? I wasn't talking about Avalanche from any cartoon, nor some image from my mind either,  but from comics. SHOW ME 1 MARVEL DRAWN IMAGE OR DESIGN OF AVALANCHE EVEN LOOKING LIKE YOUR SPRITES AND I WILL NEVER SAY ANYTHING TO YOU  EVER AGAIN.

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 07, 2012, 10:20:30 PM »
Its sad how people claim that posting an opinion is "fighting/bickering" wow so whats next going to delete peoples posts for NOT praising a release? wow what has IMT come to

And ahh i see arkady well thats understandable but that don't mean he had to delete some posts just because of it atleast were still on topic

No posts were deleted.
Your posts were moved by me because they were offtopic and contributing to the bickering/fighting.
You dont like my actions as a mod, then take it up with the admins.

Images found are taken from http://www.comicvine.com/avalanche/29-3553/
(click to show/hide)

Offline I-Skorp-I

• Born Again Man Of Faith
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2022, 07:00:18 PM
  • Repent To Yahusha(Jesus), For He Is Your Savior
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
No posts were deleted.
Your posts were moved by me because they were offtopic and contributing to the bickering/fighting.
You dont like my actions as a mod, then take it up with the admins.

(click to show/hide)

Moved/Deleted same difference and i still don't understand how it started the bickering when all i did was post some examples of how (IN MY OPINION) Avalanche should have looked but like you said if i don't like the way you abuse your modding i can take it up with the admin 8)
Sting Of The Scorpion

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Energy Doesn't Die
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 11:10:22 PM »

Wow. I stand corrected. Avalanche from the 70's had an odd shaped helmet, although they still don't look like his sprites, but I'll leave it alone now.

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline trexrell44

• Student of the Game
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 22, 2020, 09:06:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2012, 11:36:17 PM »
I believe this has all to do with the standards of what comic chars in mugen has become. A couple of years ago this would have been a real solid release but sprite wise chars have really begun to take shapes of their own. I believe if the legs could of been changed you would have gotten less Bison comments cause he would have indeed fit the build more. As I have never seen a Avalanche with baggy pants.

But I think you are more into releasing things rapidly and getting them into peoples hands rather than making a  really great stand out char. I feel from your releases your not really trying to impress anyone and you really want to fill peoples rosters. Which is cool.

But.... your friends will tell you what you wan to hear everyone else would most likely tell you the truth. People told me my 1st release was good. But when I look at her it makes me sick.

In the end great concepts. But may want to perfect your design.

CENTER]

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2012, 12:06:33 AM »
:-?? Maybe he could be an Amalgam character called "Bisolanche" since he moves and looks like "Fat M.Bison". Then he could do moves like "Psycho Rock Crusher" or "Nightmare Boulder Press" Or "Psycho Earth Booster;) .....  :D

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2012, 12:24:30 AM »
I believe this has all to do with the standards of what comic chars in mugen has become. A couple of years ago this would have been a real solid release but sprite wise chars have really begun to take shapes of their own. I believe if the legs could of been changed you would have gotten less Bison comments cause he would have indeed fit the build more. As I have never seen a Avalanche with baggy pants.

But I think you are more into releasing things rapidly and getting them into peoples hands rather than making a  really great stand out char. I feel from your releases your not really trying to impress anyone and you really want to fill peoples rosters. Which is cool.

But.... your friends will tell you what you wan to hear everyone else would most likely tell you the truth. People told me my 1st release was good. But when I look at her it makes me sick.

In the end great concepts. But may want to perfect your design.

Basically the same thing I've been saying, but in a different set of words...! Geez!! Are you gonna delete Trexrells comments to??

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2012, 12:26:38 AM »
Quick.....HURRY.....HIDE THE EVIDENCE BATMAN!  :P

But seriously......PLEASE DON'T....Like for real, don't....

Offline nickfurry

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 16, 2023, 05:27:54 AM
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2012, 02:21:14 AM »
I think the character plays very well. He looks too much like bison. I wish you would have use a different based to do you avalanche. Or just do one from scratch for you avalanche.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 17, 2024, 07:55:01 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2012, 02:38:30 AM »
you expect too much, you should sprite him yourselves
bishop was a colossus clone, now after 2-3 years is a good seperation of that base
unfortunetly you'll need to wait probably that long before you see the exact details that avalanche will have (as trexrell pointed the legs on bison have not been alterered yet)
they will, to look like most of the pics below, now please enough with bison talk, i really am not a stickler for basic attacks like most of the mugen fans commenting on the bison attacks

the last pic with pyro is the xmen cartoon of the 80's (thats what i mentioned about regarding bad cartoons- Xmen TAS)

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2012, 03:03:31 AM »
you expect too much, you should sprite him yourselves
bishop was a colossus clone, now after 2-3 years is a good seperation of that base
unfortunetly you'll need to wait probably that long before you see the exact details that avalanche will have (as trexrell pointed the legs on bison have not been alterered yet)
they will, to look like most of the pics below, now please enough with bison talk, i really am not a stickler for basic attacks like most of the mugen fans commenting on the bison attacks

Actually That Bishop you speak of uses Colossus as a base but it still has so much stuff in him to the point where you don't really see or feel like your playing with Colossus And it didn't take Wucash 2 to 3 years to finish him either (But then again it is Wucash so you already kno he's a pro at this....But Come on dude....No one is trying to bash you, but I do think you need to see where everyone is coming from....The guy looks like Bison and has normal attacks like Bison and when he does his specials and hypers he looks like Bison doing Avalanche's moves....Heck he is Bison in a sense.... Just take the feedback, agreed or not and next time take your time instead of rushing things out... I know spriting is not easy and very time consuming but lets just say if I did sprite him myself....Dude there is no way whatsoever would i have released him in the state that he is in now...He needs more sprites and better coding and I realize he'll get better with updates but for now......he's
"Bisolanche"
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:19:02 AM by ~SIR "R@CE" CHARLES~ »

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2012, 03:21:45 AM »
I meant the bishop update in px (2-3 years on) i still felt the colossus base in the original release from wucash, like you'all about feel the bisolanche edit, i do enjoy the the feedback, but the constant referal to change his base to..? (no one has a better idea)
anyways enjoy this first edit or don't, but this would be the kind of threads that prevent creators from releasing any type of beta for fans to enjoy, everyone wants the finished product
and by the way sfa bison has a cape, (it took me ages to get rid of it) so this wasn't an easy edit to do, dispite your thoughts on bisolanche

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2012, 03:35:32 AM »
I meant the bishop update in px (2-3 years on) i still felt the colossus base in the original release from wucash, like you'all about feel the bisolanche edit, i do enjoy the the feedback, but the constant referal to change his base to..? (no one has a better idea)
anyways enjoy this first edit or don't, but this would be the kind of threads that prevent creators from releasing any type of beta for fans to enjoy, everyone wants the finished product
and by the way sfa bison has a cape, (it took me ages to get rid of it) so this wasn't an easy edit to do, dispite your thoughts on bisolanche

And I respect that dude, you put alot of time in him, and everything else, but dude...most of the people who have commented in this thread have agreed with the whole bison thing...And the fact of you acknowledging that he is indeed "Bisolanche" is just....bahahahahaa!

And your wrong this is not the kind of thread that causes anything...If you release something a certain way, especially with it being in the state that this is in...Dude your gonna get feedback and people might even say things you don't agree with...I think the only reason why people kept coming in saying the same thing is because they felt that way in the beginning and just didnt want to come off mean or anything....

Now with the time you spent working on "Luke Sagat" and "Madrox" you could have used that time to sprite more stuff for Avalanche or just have done more sprites for Luke, but....see...You didn't....and this is the result....Which in turn leaves the fans of Avalanche or Luke Cage or etc...unsatisfied.... But ya kno what dude its your call after all you did all the work, who am i to tell u what to do, this is just me simply commenting on the matter and telling you my opinion...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 03:42:03 AM by ~SIR "R@CE" CHARLES~ »

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2012, 04:38:21 AM »
And I respect that dude, you put alot of time in him, and everything else, but dude...most of the people who have commented in this thread have agreed with the whole bison thing...And the fact of you acknowledging that he is indee, who am i to tell u what to do, this is just me simply commenting on the matter and telling you my opinion...

don't forget you drive the bisolanche bus around, posting how cool you have renamed my work, and picking up all the passengers you can, i don't care that you don't like what state it's in, in fact after hearing the first couple of posts from yourself i wrote down all i needed to know regarding whatever feedback you gave was nessesary, after that it's been jokes at all my works, and that's fine, as you say it's your opinion (i'm older than 12 years old, so i can take it)
but this is getting immature to the point, of why i even bother posting releases at IMT when all we get is laughed at by those who should by all rights be helping, not pointing fingers, insteadcracking jokes at our expense, how about the" crouch sprites need to be aligned better" actual feedback, you make this place a joke, why bother posting if you think it's no good, say it and move on, be that guy
but i forgot you drive that bus and everyone needs to know your opinion, cause you matter right, dude?

Offline Snakebyte

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2021, 09:56:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2012, 04:49:10 AM »
Guys, really?

There is an Avalanche. It's a good Avalanche. Sure it's pretty obviously edited from Bison, but in opinion at least, Bison is a pretty decent base. Who else has shoulderpads like that? I'll tell you who. Avalanche.

Either give actual constructive feedback, like I did on the Mugen Multiverse forums, or make your own.

Oh wait, you can't, you only do patches... ;)

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2012, 06:49:26 AM »
Guys, really?

There is an Avalanche. It's a good Avalanche. Sure it's pretty obviously edited from Bison, but in opinion at least, Bison is a pretty decent base. Who else has shoulderpads like that? I'll tell you who. Avalanche.

Either give actual constructive feedback, like I did on the Mugen Multiverse forums, or make your own.

Stop trying to make the situation worse by instigating. It could use some touch ups here and there spritewise. A little polishing wouldn't do the character any harm. The way there going about telling him to change it is a little..aggresive, but they still have a point. Also, can you sprite or make patchs? Lets not go there with anybody. This doesn't need to escalate further...

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2012, 09:37:26 AM »
Guys, really?

Ohhhhhhh so you wanna go there huh "Mr. Big Bad" Snakebyte lol, but see that's where your wrong silly, I have helped put together over 4 characters for mugen....Ferroman, Ultimate Captain America, Super Soldier, etc.....Plus music etc......

So don't talk about what I can't do, cus you obviously don't know what the heck your talking about.

And as for Arkady dude...Yeah I made some jokes here or there but it was to lighten the situation and ease the tension, but instead you take offense to anyone telling you the truth anyway.

Now listen, and hear me well, I don't want you to leave IMT just because of this dude. That was not my intentions nor do I want you to feel like you have to do so. Trust me, its not that serious to the point where you need to do that. But you need to understand something, if you release something that is in this kind of state, you might have people that might have something something to say about it, whether you like it or not. Especially when they are big fans of Marvel characters.

Its almost impossible to release something for mugen without anyone saying anything about it. Even some of the greatest creators in mugen have something said about their works. I learned it the hard way, but its just how things are. But what sticks by you thru that time are your loyal fans, and when you truly deliver the right kind of product, the fans will show appreciation and also have your back at anytime.

And dude honestly, you say that we had something to say about those sprites only right....dude that's just the sprites alone.....We haven't even gotten on to the coding yet....and that's a whooooooooooole other thing right there itself.

But dude, it is what it is. I respect the fact that you made this Avalanche, cus no one else did. But I guess what it is, is that most of us want you to improve him, whenvever you get a chance....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 09:44:42 AM by ~SIR "R@CE" CHARLES~ »

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2012, 11:06:51 AM »
Basically the same thing I've been saying, but in a different set of words...! Geez!! Are you gonna delete Trexrells comments to??

Nope, im not going to move his comments because he wasnt being a jerk about it, unlike you. See there is a differnce between leaving contstructive feedback and just being a jerk. And i didnt delete anything, there is a huge differnce.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:18:22 PM by SpiderMew »

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2012, 12:04:45 PM »
Now with the time you spent working on "Luke Sagat" and "Madrox" you could have used that time to sprite more stuff for Avalanche or just have done more sprites for Luke, but....see...You didn't....and this is the result....Which in turn leaves the fans of Avalanche or Luke Cage or etc...unsatisfied....
I figured fans of Avalanche and Luke would just be happy a version of them exists in MUGEN at all, regardless of base. Also I notice you didn't seem to go all "base nazi" on his Madrox char

And i didnt delete anything, there is a huge differnce.
If he didn't hear you the first time, he's not gonna listen now.

Offline animaraz

• Mis Wips
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 05, 2018, 10:31:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2012, 12:18:46 PM »
Maybe some people are not fully satisfied with Multiplemen, Avalanche or Luke Cage, but first I believe that many more people who are happy that this work and are ready for use.
Secondly, there updates. This is the first version of the characters, obviously going to be improving slowly, but we have to wait ten years to go to be perfect.
Arkady and the other guys are doing a great effort and enthusiasm is much appreciated with these projects. On a personal level lu all I have to say about his work is a word:
thanks
(A word should read more often in the post, btw)

Tal vez algunas personas no esten del todo satisfechas con Multiplemen, Avalanche o Luke Cage, pero en primer lugar yo creo que son muchas más las personas que estan felices de que estos trabajos ya esten listos para poder utilizarlos.
En segundo lugar, existen las actualizaciones. Esta es la primera version de los personajes, es obvio que van a ir mejorando poco a poco, pero no tenemos que esperar diez años a que salgan siendo perfectos.
Arkady y los demás chicos están haciendo un gran esfuerzo y se agradece mucho su entusiasmo con estos proyectos. A nivel personal lu único que tengo que decir de su trabajo es una palabra:
Gracias
(Una palabra que se deberia leer más frecuentemente en los post, por cierto)

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Energy Doesn't Die
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »
I figured fans of Avalanche and Luke would just be happy a version of them exists in MUGEN at all, regardless of base. Also I notice you didn't seem to go all "base nazi" on his Madrox char
If he didn't hear you the first time, he's not gonna listen now.

I was going to stop but, you're missing the point about the sprites. It's not that just because he used a particular base. The problem is, the sprites he did, do not look like the character from any of his marvel designs (any of the pics that Arkady are Spidermew posted on how Avalanche is supposed to look like) but It actually looks like alpha M.Bison was painted over and not very well.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2012, 12:30:23 PM by The Infinite »

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
* pops in....reads threads* hmmm WOW people still debating on this character?  hmmm takes a closer looksy...... looks at the referencing pics.... then the sprite.

Lando essay time kiddos! >:D

(click to show/hide)
keep up the work and do your best. :thumbsup:

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2012, 03:05:54 PM »
* pops in....reads threads* hmmm WOW people still debating on this character?  hmmm takes a closer looksy...... looks at the referencing pics.... then the sprite.

Lando essay time kiddos! >:D

(click to show/hide)
keep up the work and do your best. :thumbsup:

:O*D ^^(PM)^

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2012, 04:12:12 PM »
this whole Bison thing reminded me of the 1st version of Aquaman by Zvitor... let's see how Avalance evolves from now on!!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal