collapse

Author Topic: Luke Cage Beta v0.5 By Arkady  (Read 7464 times)

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
Re: Luke Cage By Arkady
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2012, 08:23:02 PM »
Ok... That's fine if you want this character to continue to look, and fight like SAGAT...
He just has to edit the character more. He doesn't have to trash the whole thing. 8=| It's a good start, just could you some more work spritewise.

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

Offline Skeletor-EX

• Artist, Musician, Video producer.
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 22, 2014, 10:21:32 PM
  • The truth HELPS! Not hurts... LISTEN!!
    • Skeletor-EX Mugen Youtube video channel...
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2012, 08:33:38 PM »
He just has to edit the character more. He doesn't have to trash the whole thing. 8=| It's a good start, just could you some more work spritewise.

Either way you go, it's gonna still look like Sagat. His attack bases need to be redone, but even his standing sprite look like Sagat! I'm obviously not alone in thinking this, but it's his character. I have nothing more to say on this matter but the fact He needs a lot of work...  :|

Offline Yun0

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 04, 2020, 09:50:43 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2012, 08:57:46 PM »
I enjoy to play with Cage, I really do... I am really not a fan of Arkady's work but I'm not gonna tell him to trash it just because I don't like the char... If Arkady wanted this char to be like this, is the only thing that matters and we have to thank him to make a Cage for mugen. Don't like it? don't download it...

Offline Black Ops20

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2014, 06:44:40 PM
  • SGM Team Member & CFAS Team Member
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2012, 09:13:01 PM »
Either way you go, it's gonna still look like Sagat. His attack bases need to be redone, but even his standing sprite look like Sagat! I'm obviously not alone in thinking this, but it's his character. I have nothing more to say on this matter but the fact He needs a lot of work...  :|
I already said it needs some work but you don't tell him to trash the whole character to get your point across. If he works on it more it can get better. What he has now is a good starting base. It won't still look like sagat if he edits the character more. You have a point but your overdoing it like always. 8=|

Viewtiful Joe by Black Ops and Nestor

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »
Maybe he thinks exaggerating it will get the point across.

Offline ExeLord

• Smirking mage
  • RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 06:01:25 AM
« Reply #30 on: June 05, 2012, 09:42:48 PM »
Maybe head could be like John Stewart's, but that's the only thing that reminds me about Sagat... :-??
What consumer society is?

"Where greyness prevails, the black always take the power." (c) "Its Hard to be God" - brothers Strugatskie.

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #31 on: June 05, 2012, 09:48:47 PM »
John used Guile's head

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:January 27, 2020, 09:36:52 AM
  • Energy Doesn't Die
    • Infinite Fighting Forum
« Reply #32 on: June 05, 2012, 10:00:12 PM »
I already said it needs some work but you don't tell him to trash the whole character to get your point across. If he works on it more it can get better. What he has now is a good starting base. It won't still look like sagat if he edits the character more. You have a point but your overdoing it like always. 8=|

He never said he should trash the whole character. His attacks do resemble Sagat in a big way maybe I notice it because I play and like Sagat. No need to trash anything just keep working on him and improving him. I also think that many people had high expectations for a Luke Cage.

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 05, 2012, 10:43:03 PM »
Alright here's what I think:

1. Sagat SHOULD stay as the MAIN base. But his face should be modified more, and bulked up a little bit, especially around the arms. The chest is fine as Sagat, and the head shape is right.

2. I get the bulletproof justification...but it is unholy cheap. He is completely invincible for a time long enough to do a massive amount of damage (I imagine a 100% if very easily possible). To me it has gotta be managed somehow to make it more fair.

3. Switch the moveset for a few more heavy hitting moves, but not too much. I definitely agree he should be a lot quicker than Hulk or 'Gief, so the dashing/quick/combo stuff is welcome. I think the chain looks fine.

Can't wait to see future versions. L Cage is one of the best realistic heroes in the Marvel Universe.

[/2 cents]

Offline Alan Joestar

• Spriter
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:May 27, 2015, 04:58:53 AM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »
I Don´t see why you guys think sagat was a bad choice or anything it is a good choice for a base he has a similar body  and i find kind of silly that some people want him to use another base just because they think it looks a lot like sagat  8=| i mean who else was he going to use Urien,Captain America Cyclops. Deejay is to little for luke (would require lots of resizing). using balrog would have been a bad choice his proportions are really weird don´t fit luke like sagat does.

Perhaps intead of just telling how much the sprites look like sagat? you guys can find some bugs and actually help to improve the char ?  just like SanjiSasuke just did.

Sorry if i sound harsh guys but to be honest you guys come up with better solution for the base and not just say dont use sagat because it it looks  like sagat cuse is dumb. or suggest a better base cuse either way i dont think your guys are helping at all.

Offline animaraz

• Mis Wips
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 05, 2018, 10:31:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2012, 10:57:04 PM »
Un personaje muy divertido de usar. La base de Sagat es una excelente opcion, aunque tal vez se pueda jugar un poco más con ella. Luke y Sagat son personajes altos y musculosos. Las Smart Pallets están fantásticas. Sin duda un trabajo muy pesado, se les agradece todo el tiempo y dedicacion que le dedicaron a este fantastico personaje.

A char very fun to use. The base of Sagat is an excellent option, though perhaps we can play some more with it. Luke and Sagat are tall and muscular characters. The Smart Pallets are fantastic. Definitely a very heavy work are thanked all the time and dedication they have devoted to this fantastic character.

Gracias (Thanks)

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Energy Doesn't Die
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2012, 12:02:56 AM »
Perhaps intead of just telling how much the sprites look like sagat? you guys can find some bugs and actually help to improve the char ?  just like SanjiSasuke just did.

Sorry if i sound harsh guys but to be honest you guys come up with better solution for the base and not just say dont use sagat because it it looks  like sagat cuse is dumb. or suggest a better base cuse either way i dont think your guys are helping at all.

I think Dudley would have been a better base, maybe Birdie. Sagat has a more long body type then a thick like Luke Cage resembles.

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline Alan Joestar

• Spriter
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:May 27, 2015, 04:58:53 AM
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2012, 12:50:40 AM »
you know that sounds like a Great Idea Maybe Who ever takes on look after ark could use some of dudleys moves! :cool   ^^(PM)^

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2012, 01:07:22 AM »
Not sure about that. Dudley's a boxer, Luke's a street brawler. They wouldn't mesh well

Offline Infinite Power

• The End All Be All
  • Contributor
  • Energy Doesn't Die
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2012, 01:15:02 AM »
Not sure about that. Dudley's a boxer, Luke's a street brawler. They wouldn't mesh well

Most street brawling consist of boxing standup. Ever heard of bare knuckle brawling?

Now Die, Mortal.

Offline ~Hale "R@CE" Caesar~

• Special Ops Mugen Creator
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:March 10, 2024, 04:28:06 PM
  • This big boy spitting out 250 rounds a minute!!!
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2012, 01:22:34 AM »

Yeah he's a street brawler alright, but........ so then why is he doing Muay Thai?..... LOL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGER UPPERCUT!!!!!!!  ;*))

Hmmm.... Well Sagat, what do you think about all of this?.... >>>>>>  :D

:-?? Well I guess we'll never kno his secret....   :P

Anyway I think that if more originality is added this could be even better, its just a question on finding out what to use....If I knew how to sprite I would help out biiiiiiiig time!.....Don't give up though Arkady, I want you to see this thru and finish him whenever you get the time....Good luck.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 17, 2024, 07:55:01 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2012, 05:10:00 AM »
Yeah he's a street brawler alright, but........ so then why is he doing Muay Thai?..... LOL TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGER UPPERCUT!!!!!!!  ;*))

Hmmm.... Well Sagat, what do you think about all of this?.... >>>>>>  :D

:-?? Well I guess we'll never kno his secret....   :P

Anyway I think that if more originality is added this could be even better, its just a question on finding out what to use....If I knew how to sprite I would help out biiiiiiiig time!.....Don't give up though Arkady, I want you to see this thru and finish him whenever you get the time....Good luck.

while i was working out the other moves i had no idea what to make for a throw, holdin p2 and uppercuting was a quick choice, might wanna change that next time

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2012, 09:04:40 AM »
i agree with almost everything sanji said too and infinite as well on using a few of dudleys boxer's moves. mostly for some punch hypers or specials. the base is cool, no need to change it and start basically all over unless you want to arkady. But i say man keep the base, it works then it works.
  i can tell you ALOT about street brawlers. We have in my city some good high repped street brawlers from back in the day. old school guys .  plus i studied a lil. ( ishido karate, kinda built for street fighting ).  Dudley is a good choice to use for stand up game punches, thats what almost all street brawlers use  as main style stand up, kicks are usually no where above the mid section, good for street brawlers style as high kicks can be blocked better and seen comin depending on how fast and swift the martial artist is. there is enough kick moves in sagat as a base for that effect anyway so cool. but since Luke Cage not a traditional style fighter just edit them if can. its mostlya few of Lukes supers.  he could definetly use some more or say different ones. no tiger knee flying tho, lol.  but i see where you going bro arkady and keep at it if you feel like changing some of his stuff up. but keep the base. Dueces homie. :)

(click to show/hide)

Offline volzzilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2012, 11:55:19 AM »
i like him alot. good sprites (and i'm good with the base as i think talking about seeing a base over-rated as long as the character is portrayed well) and the moveset portrays the character well. voicework does the same w/portrayal

feedback, most minor:
- not a big fan on the smart pal for hair and face. when he go no beard pal and/or w/hair it look weird. i think it'd be better to go w/default look of bald w/goatee for all heads
- swap animation of MP and HP. MP seem more heavy punch suited in my opinion
- give a knockdown effect to crouching HK
- all crouching punches need a little more pushback
- turn the d,df,f+p chain move into the throw and make the current throw animation (an uppercut puch) the d,df,f+p special
- voice on d,db,b+2P hyper hard to hear
- thunderbolt insignia disappear on some animations
- tone down damage on d,df,f+2P hyper a little
- make it to where can't do any other hypers while bulletproof, due to might be a little unfair (might be a personal preference thing)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 12:04:22 PM by volzzilla »
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2012, 03:04:37 AM »
bases aside (no comment) i think his animations need work like his laugh he looks as though he is twitching maybe if you slowed it down it would look better also there are alligment issues
*Note Soon

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2012, 10:37:38 PM »
Further thoughts:
Playing it a bit more, a lot of the kicks are very KB style, so change those definitely. Like his HK, it is a very martial arts style, flashy kick. Most street moves are simple and low profile. Also more grapple. I'm not saying make a Zangief/Haggar but a few new throw specials would be good, IMO.

Boxing would be a decent base for his punches...but I think it would be best to stick with the way his arms look now, and make boxing animations for the Sagat base, rather than use Dudley's. But it doesn't make too much of a difference.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 17, 2024, 07:55:01 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
Re: Luke Cage Beta v0.5 By Arkady
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2012, 08:05:08 PM »
he has been updated a bit folks, check out the first/original post  :Terry

Offline Snakebyte

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 26, 2021, 09:56:15 PM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2012, 08:42:35 PM »
As far as I can tell, everything I said about the old Luke still applies to this. *Iceman ThumbsDown!*

Offline kyoman

• stage maker
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 01:33:25 PM
« Reply #48 on: September 10, 2012, 09:24:39 PM »
nice update, Thanks

Offline metamutant

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 05, 2024, 09:46:50 AM
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2012, 05:08:36 PM »
I like this update thanks.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare