collapse

Author Topic: Skull Girls  (Read 13470 times)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
Re: SKULL GIRLS: first impressions & Updates
« Reply #150 on: April 18, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »
DAT CEREBELLA! i have to learn to jump up more its the only way to avoid her grab super...@DCL
(click to show/hide)

does anyone else think its weird that they gave a morrigan palette to ms. fortune instead of filia  /:O

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 15, 2024, 11:29:42 PM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #151 on: April 18, 2012, 10:53:39 PM »
OMG i swear i was drinkin water and after i saw that picture...almost made me spill it......
btw jumping is ALSO useless...she got dat anti-air grab!!
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #152 on: April 18, 2012, 10:57:09 PM »
shes more like hugo than zangief. ill jump when i know you have meter ;*)) i keep trying to block,  forgetting that wont help :'(

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2012, 11:20:52 PM »
Reverge Labs and Autumn Games have announced that Skullgirls has managed to sell over 50,000 copies across both platforms in its first 10 days. This is definitely great news, especially since the game has yet to be released on the European Playstation Network. The Skullgirls Twitter account also announced that the developers are now working on the first title update. Details on what the update contains are still unknown, but it’s nice to know that the game sold enough copies to justify additional content.

http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/26/skullgirls-sells-over-50k-copies-dev-team-now-working-on-first-update/

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2012, 11:32:25 PM »
http://shoryuken.com/2012/04/26/skullgirls-sells-over-50k-copies-dev-team-now-working-on-first-update/
Good to hear about the update. Wish my PS3 would get a good enough connection to actually play online. \-/o

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #155 on: May 11, 2012, 08:29:42 PM »
i just downloaded it today. i like the game in general on the strange characters and combos but seriously yo that last master is bullsh*t *Iceman ThumbsDown!*. Hard for no reason at all. maybe im gettin old but i dont find ridiculously cheap fighting game bosses epic at all...she barely takes damage and all her attacks are spam cheap >o:-(....im finding myself constantly trying to cheese her down for the win. Those one hit near fatal kills is retarded. if i could express that to those developers id say next time dont do that sh*t it takes away from caring to end the game. Make the boss intelligent  not dumb cheap. In my strong opinion i dont like that at all :-w....

i had to lose a good 12 times now. one time i nearly beat the B*tch and she killed me with some unknown force and took all my health away like it was one of those Guilty gear fatals. having that as a normal move sucks because she already have those skeletons thats damn there built of adamantium 8=|...

Now im just trying to end it off GP and thats it. ill prolly play one of you cats here but dont expect much competition from me in that game. you might as well use me as a punching bag and practice new tricks for the real competition^^
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 02:44:23 AM by DeMoNk@I »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #156 on: May 11, 2012, 08:54:39 PM »
lol yea the ai for the game is hard even on easy but the final boss is really difficult unless youre using peacock. she has no hit stun and most of her moves are multiple projectiles that hit from everywhere and do alot of damage. shes easier than guilty gear bosses to me. i have yet to beat ino in aracade mode  \-/o

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #157 on: May 11, 2012, 08:56:52 PM »
i just downloaded it today. i like the game in general on the strange characters and combos but seriously yo that last master is bullsh*t *Iceman ThumbsDown!*. Hard for no reason at all. maybe im gettin old but i dont find ridiculously cheap fighting game bosses epic at all...she barely takes damage and all her attacks are spam cheap >o:-(....im finding myself constantly trying to cheese her down for the win. Those one hit near fatal kills is retarded. if i could express that to those developers id say next time dont do that sh*t it takes away from caring to end the game. Make the boss intelligent  not dumb cheap. In my strong opinion i dont like that at all :-w....

i had to lose a good 12 times now. one time i nearly beat the B*tch and she killed me with some unknown force and took all my health away like it was one of those Guilty gear fatals. having that as a normal move sucks because she already have those skeletons thats damn there build of adamantium...

Now im just trying to end it off GP and thats it. ill prolly play one of you cats here but dont expect much competition from me in that game. you might as well use me as a punching bag and practice new tricks for the real competition^^

What? At first I had problems beating her, but after that I managed to beat her quite easily (i dont even know how to use Painwheel that much and I still managed to beat her, the same for Peacock GARBAGE DAY!!!). Basically I just rushed and beat her down as fast as I could. Made use of my Supers carefully. I guess I just got lucky =/
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #158 on: May 11, 2012, 10:38:15 PM »
 :D :D "GARBAGE DAY!!" *pow*

lol that sh*t is f*ckin funny man smh...god i miss the 80s lol

ehem...but yeh that last boss is a piece of sh*t :|

I almost killed her stupid @ss but i lost my momentum. i was hitting her with a lot of flurry quick cheap attacks and blocking on que WHEN ALL OF A SUDDEN ITS LIKE MY CHARS HAD A STROKE AND COULDNT BLOCK ANYMORE.... :-w the dumb sh*t always seem to happen when shes either in her final round uterus bullsh*t form or the first form and she shoots out those dragon long heads...

cool game but right now im like f*ck that :-j Old kai nerves aint as tough as it used to be keepin up with that crap. eventually ill beat her though...i am a lil tired from work...maybe before me and my lady head out saturday to party with my family ill take another stab at it...

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:December 28, 2014, 03:28:33 AM
  • Busy, as always
    • Wikipedia - Sabaki's Page
« Reply #159 on: May 12, 2012, 03:00:59 AM »
Yeah, boss is no slouch, though I usually win with no problems using Parasoul or Valentine. It's really easy for Valentine because she has that move that rushes by the opponent cutting, and puts her behind them.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #160 on: May 12, 2012, 03:51:20 AM »
Yeah, boss is no slouch, though I usually win with no problems using Parasoul or Valentine. It's really easy for Valentine because she has that move that rushes by the opponent cutting, and puts her behind them.

lol yeah im still feeling my way with the characters. some of the spammy moves that seemed effective on that boss i gotta practice on getting right

HAIL CROM!!

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #161 on: May 13, 2012, 02:23:00 AM »
I'm with Kai on this one. The final boss is possibly the lamest boss for a fighting game I have ever seen. Fighting her is just flat out no fun. If it isn't a constant volley of projectiles flying at you, its random extremely powerful attacks that give you no indication as to when they are coming or not. If I wanted to play a bullet hell game, I'd go play Ikaruga or something..

On a side note, on the stage New Meridian, you can spot a character that looks like Ryu, and also the character Bonus Kun from Galaxy Fight and Waku Waku 7 is leaning on the wall next to him. They can be seen to the far right. =D

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #162 on: May 14, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
The only problem I see with the final boss is that she doesn't move at all. I don't have a problem with her being hard (final bosses are supposed to be hard), but if she actually moved to call her attacks or something like that, she would be much more interesting.

On a side note, on the stage New Meridian, you can spot a character that looks like Ryu, and also the character Bonus Kun from Galaxy Fight and Waku Waku 7 is leaning on the wall next to him. They can be seen to the far right. =D

http://oh8.deviantart.com/art/Special-Guests-of-New-Meridian-296396102

Offline Daeron_red_fire

• RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 01, 2013, 08:21:45 AM
    • Email
« Reply #163 on: May 14, 2012, 12:05:31 PM »
Got the game yesterday and today i finally decided to go Online, i did like 13 matches with the same guy (he was ranked expert) , i winned 2 matches, it was very fun and i think the game its great.

And i also think the boss could use some more work, but its ok (o boy to me beating her as parasoul was a nightmare!)

"Zippo its mah middle name"

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #164 on: May 14, 2012, 03:02:53 PM »
For me, the final boss has a few patterns that indicate certain attacks, but some are just guess work. Although, I think the issue isn't so much recognizing patterns, but having the right/safest response when the boss attacks. For example, parasoul's  :2, :8 HK acts like a safety counter against almost anything because the invinciblity window is long useless against that dragon-looking skull attack, sheesh it is too long). For this to work, do crouch combos and when you see or even sense danger cancel into that attack. Same thing can be said about Filia's uppercut move, but the problem with that is it has very long recovery.

Some strategies work better on certain forms than others. It's just a matter of experimenting and reacting with a same move when the boss attacks...if you can.

Offline Daeron_red_fire

• RMM Contributor
  • Last Login:December 01, 2013, 08:21:45 AM
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: May 14, 2012, 03:42:23 PM »
one time i skipped the third form battle because Painwheel hyper hitted her when second form was about to fall, she taked that much damage that she exploded, changed third form and automatically exploded again, that was fun XD

"Zippo its mah middle name"

Offline Sabaki

• Theory Coder
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Busy, as always
« Reply #166 on: May 16, 2012, 09:41:50 AM »
one time i skipped the third form battle because Painwheel hyper hitted her when second form was about to fall, she taked that much damage that she exploded, changed third form and automatically exploded again, that was fun XD
Awesome  :thumbsup:

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #167 on: May 16, 2012, 11:03:36 AM »
Easiest to beat the final boss for me was Peacock. Qcf+hp - Argus Agony all day while safely blocking her moves, then qcb+hp on final form until dead.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #168 on: May 16, 2012, 01:57:18 PM »
Easiest to beat the final boss for me was Peacock. Qcf+hp - Argus Agony all day while safely blocking her moves, then qcb+hp on final form until dead.

Easiest for me is spamming Double's Hornet Bomber and occasionally linking it into a super. :P

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #169 on: May 16, 2012, 03:22:15 PM »
:DxDie I want to start using Painwheel now.

If you guys are interested, there are some videos with Mike Z and the voice actors are hanging out playing the game. No really anything to learn from them, but some of them are entertaining. Can't post them here because of language, but here's a link to the channel that has them:

http://www.youtube.com/user/JusticeTang?feature=g-user-f

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #170 on: May 16, 2012, 08:57:07 PM »
For me, the final boss has a few patterns that indicate certain attacks, but some are just guess work. Although, I think the issue isn't so much recognizing patterns, but having the right/safest response when the boss attacks. For example, parasoul's  :2, :8 HK acts like a safety counter against almost anything because the invinciblity window is long useless against that dragon-looking skull attack, sheesh it is too long). For this to work, do crouch combos and when you see or even sense danger cancel into that attack. Same thing can be said about Filia's uppercut move, but the problem with that is it has very long recovery.

Some strategies work better on certain forms than others. It's just a matter of experimenting and reacting with a same move when the boss attacks...if you can.

yeah man that dragon attack is the sh*t that gets on my nerves but im starting to overcome that because i keep moving and jumping faking it out i guess. But that Last mode of hers?? ridiculous its like she just spams those lil skeleton heads all day...smdh

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
Re: Skull Girls
« Reply #171 on: May 16, 2012, 11:23:46 PM »
OMG that dragon skull thing DemonKai, i know what ya mean man i hated that too and everytime i got hit, i kept thinkin "man that does so many hits and has so much hitstun that i can just go make me a sammich, come back and that thing will STILL be hittin me..." smgdmfh -_-

All i know is...rush her @ss down, be relentless while holding back (literally...while holding back on your D-Pad...or whatever ya use...)
(click to show/hide)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: May 16, 2012, 11:29:32 PM »
OMG that dragon skull thing DemonKai, i know what ya mean man i hated that too and everytime i got hit, i kept thinkin "man that does so many hits and has so much hitstun that i can just go make me a sammich, come back and that thing will STILL be hittin me..." smgdmfh -_-

All i know is...rush her @ss down, be relentless while holding back (literally...while holding back on your D-Pad...or whatever ya use...)

ok that does it, i am so not gonna get this game now., you guys are scaring me !

i actually got the demo.....uhhhhh... WTF and dang this thing is like overkill hard! i couldnt even touch the one babe cause she spammed so much stuff it took me 3 tries till i just rushed her down like a mack truck over a badger!  i couldnt get all funky like i wanted to but dang.  >:(

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #173 on: May 17, 2012, 12:31:03 AM »
ok that does it, i am so not gonna get this game now., you guys are scaring me !

i actually got the demo.....uhhhhh... WTF and dang this thing is like overkill hard! i couldnt even touch the one babe cause she spammed so much stuff it took me 3 tries till i just rushed her down like a mack truck over a badger!  i couldnt get all funky like i wanted to but dang.  >:(
Yeah, the difficulty is a little high. I completely get butt-owned by the CPU if I quit playing for a while and come back. lol

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #174 on: May 18, 2012, 06:58:21 PM »

Dude.... sh*t its like damned if you do and damned if you dont on the block! The chip damage is severely ridiculous. it seems to damn there have the same impact if you WERENT blocking smdh...i havent played it for a hot while now cuz of that. i gotta be in the mood to try and end the game. the characters you fight before you get to her are tough but not way outta line. They are about as tough as Guilty gear characters.....SH*T now that i think about it that last B*tch from hell in skull girls is worse than INO in Guilty gear XX...and thats bad!

Its like it leaves ya with this sour taste like "aw cmon man with th*s bullsh*t :-w" when that dragon head be raping you on the stun 8=|

The idea of the game is cool though and it looks great but they need some schoolin on how to not make bosses cheap. Make them smarter yeah but not persistent damage cheap.. i dont have much patient for bosses like that anymore. Mugen is enough^^

The game is cool to play against friends lando. Its different. its just when it comes down to the CPU it gets retarded at times. On normal is like playing Guilty gear XX on HARD. You have to be relentless with your attacks. The thing that sucks about the last boss is she doesnt take much damage at all but she deals A whole f*ckin lot and certain specials (a special move i said  :|) damn there act like one of my Revenge supers for my Terry :D

HAIL CROM!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar