collapse

Author Topic: Anime Battle Royal - Project Lab.  (Read 42955 times)

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: Anime Battle Royal Test sprites
« Reply #275 on: March 13, 2011, 09:16:58 PM »
I think it's looking great!

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #276 on: March 13, 2011, 09:19:47 PM »
Silva you have really decked her out even more awesome dude, she looks great, i love the cape ( looks even better than i thought it would on her lol) and the way you redid the yellow strapline across her. now she even looks more like the anime counterpart. way to go Silva. :thumbsup:

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #277 on: March 13, 2011, 09:28:17 PM »
Silva you have really decked her out even more awesome dude, she looks great, i love the cape ( looks even better than i thought it would on her lol) and the way you redid the yellow strapline across her. now she even looks more like the anime counterpart. way to go Silva. :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, and yeah it looks better then I tought it would too lol.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #278 on: March 13, 2011, 09:30:50 PM »
hey silva did you see the new updated Character select screen Hloader done with the select portraits for the characters? ya girl Lina and Zuuma are in their boxes as well as all the characters, he is doing the work on making the bigger boxes for the selection and fonts style :thumbsup:

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #279 on: March 13, 2011, 09:43:43 PM »
hey silva did you see the new updated Character select screen Hloader done with the select portraits for the characters? ya girl Lina and Zuuma are in their boxes as well as all the characters, he is doing the work on making the bigger boxes for the selection and fonts style :thumbsup:
Yes I did see the updated screen, it looks great.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #280 on: March 13, 2011, 09:51:24 PM »
Yes I did see the updated screen, it looks great.
oh ok cool , plus he will hit me up later with me updates to the screenpack and decking out the lifebars portraits as well the main title screen with a really cool effect. hope he can pull it off man, so far, he has done awesome !

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 20, 2011, 01:20:57 AM
« Reply #281 on: March 14, 2011, 02:33:22 AM »
Dude I still work on his walk animation and it's pretty damn hard.

@Enso
Yeah, that's what I thought.  I'm having hard time too (animation) lol.  Maybe you can make other test sprites or play more MVC3.  :)  I remember one of sprite artists I respect said that when people get stuck at spriting, they should do something else.  The great thing is that you always give constructive feedback to lando, me and other members.  Without your feedback, I will struggle more.  ;)

Anyway...

Those are GREAT!!!   =D>  :thumbsup:
lando!  You're improving!  Especially, I like the color you picked!
Lina Inverse looks fantastic!  I like her cape and stance a lot!!!

Hopefully, Silva-Silva won't mind about this...  I edited Lina Inverse's skin color a little bit, and forgot to show this to Silva-Silva.  If you don't like this, I remove the image right away.

You guys got great stuffs.  ^:)^

Thanks to Demonkai.  I got this MMPR photo.
I didn't know your name was :D. That's an interesting name.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: March 14, 2011, 03:05:48 AM »
thanx Fatal bro.  what my thing is i am doing is i am making some base Sprites of the characters i am going to be handling myslef.  then as i go i will fill in all their details and shading . I am also using mostly on 1 whole sprite base or just 2 to work from.  there are plenty to use and its helping me get better at just using those limits i put on myself. Plus it makes for me making animations much easier and smoother. i could do a stance animation on Witchblade in a few hours if needed to and could be done.  this week i will be doing Elle from shadow skill on her base sprite then as the same with witchblade i will fill her out.  terry already has his light and medium punches and kickes edited and soon i will finish off his hard kicks and punches and his walk animations and dashes. then it will be coding some of those moves for a lil vid when i got some special done the way i want them. i have started on Jamin a lil bit re editing his shin guards again ( using some of bisons guards , thanx Enso for that lil addition thought to do so )  and then it will be Adam Blade and Adam Arclight, they are very similiar in looks so it wont be too hard to swap out things in editing on them , after them its Luffy and a few move frames to complete. his basics mostly for now,. But terry will be the first finished product for the ABr project from me then Jamin and then down the line. Toph is coming along as well and i will post her up soon as i finish her off.  i have a ton of fx sprites for her for her specials and some for hypers. so she is cool.

Yeah i have been in the CROM ABR lab working as i be on the site as well lately. slowly but surely because i want to make them just right in not just the sprite work but the animation flow cause i have to code all that and it has to be just right. With witchblade i am gonna retouchup her hair, she differs in many pics i have of her from the anima and from the manga, depending on the artists who drew her , so i am combining both aspects to try and keep her on point tho. :thumbsup:

with adam blade i will use the same sprite as i did before , ( yall all might not seen the first ruff draft but some have ) and since i am much better now than i was before i have been revisiting his sprites and doing a total redo on him in looks and added in the coat of course. i have some voice work of him already ripped for hypers and special intro with some girls from the prject . using the japanese voice . i will use that english voice for one intro and then make it funny with the japanese voice. you will laugh at it cause its so him. funny dude but a total bad@ss.

good luck everyone on your wips for the project and everyone have fun doing what they are doing.

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 03:41:40 AM
« Reply #283 on: March 14, 2011, 03:07:14 AM »
I like the Masane (Witchblade) sprite, but the shading looks off. What I don't like is when her hair has 2 colors only and too much black on her arm and her legs. As Taskmaster mentioned, lando needs work on shading.

What needs to be done though is: use the paletted colors from some characters that can fit your character to CVS. Use any color (using green, orange, etc.) on any part (like hair, body, etc.) for having a good colors and shading. For example, you put a green color on WB's hair, brown on her body, etc. I'm just giving you some ideas of spriting.

Sorry for being strict, but I have to be honest with myself as Simon Cowell. According to those say you improve your spriting, you're getting there. But to me, you need work, you're almost there. Good job! :thumbsup:

I forgot to ask Silva (2x) about her Lina sprite. Silva-silva, what about the color of her skin? It looks too/so whitish that doesn't look exactly the one from the Anime.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 03:12:51 AM by Enso »

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: March 14, 2011, 03:23:27 AM »
Enso, she is a base sprite, no shading or details on her, i have mentioned this  bro. so of course she wont look complete cause i havent completed her. no where near completed her. lol  . so as far as shading on her goes, that will all be done in due time, no rush.
and what is it with you and the ...( the part you keep talkin bout) LMAO!  dude she is all cvs one sprite base, i changed nothing on her because there isnt anything on her to modify in those areas.,  the sprite i used, fits perfectly for Witchblade body structure, she isnt KOF sprite based at all in any way. But yes as taskmaster and yourself says m she does need shading and she will get that in due time . :thumbsup: . never be so critical bro of unfinished work  that has been said is not finished. lol. and no you are not Simon Cowell...wait a sec.. or are you ...? LMAO!!  J/K with ya.

there will be many details i have to lace with her and others and they will get done. Rest assured. Since i have had great sprite teachers i am using the knowledge they have given me and hopefully i will one day be as good as them. in due time and lots and lots of practice. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #285 on: March 14, 2011, 03:02:18 PM »
Ahh yes about the colour of her skin, well it all comes down to the time-frame the lina we are using is set in. This is the lina from the revolution/evolution-r time frame so her skin ts much more pale then the other seasons of the show. There are other differences as well, her clothes are a different shade of pink and yellow, and the inside of her cape is blue and the outside is black, while in the previous seasons the outside of her cape was a deep blue and the inside a deep pink.

That being said I do plan to have various pallets to represent each season:

Fram left to right: OVAs and movies, Slayers, Slayers NEXT-Slayers TRY, and Slayers Revolution- Slayers Evolution-R.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: March 15, 2011, 12:52:51 AM »
SiLva Silva, thats an excellent explanation homie. and those sprites pallettes look sharp as heckl. great job man. one helluva sprite artist homie. :thumbsup:

hey as well if you will require any special fx for special moves and hyper fx i have alot of sheets from open source for some of her moves she does in the animes. just let me know when you are indeed ready for them or want to use some if you dont have any. Plus if you want me to get some of her voice rips for moves and any intros let me know and i will assisst you since i have quite a few good rips for some of the cast already and others i will be getting for people when needed. there is the japanese voice work or the english , so decide which you would want o flow with and let me know if you can handle it or if you need me to do some  for you. good job man.  ::salute::

Offline Enso

• C.R.O.M. Dancer, Sprite Artist, Winner of Sprite of the Week Contest #71, and Winner of Round 6 and 15 in Last Person To Post Wins!
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #288 on: March 15, 2011, 01:12:04 AM »
I'm having a hard time with spriting Scar's feet. But now I'm planning to take a break from spriting. I feel like I'm flunking school by not listening to the instructors right so I think of something else. Once I get back, I'll continue. This doesn't mean a goodbye to quit, but I would take a break to complete my focus. I've not been focusing though. My best friend understands very well that I lack focus. I'll get back whenever I have time. ;D

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #289 on: March 15, 2011, 05:15:09 AM »
Yeah, Enso.  Just take a break, and you can focus on something.  Many people are doing this (MUGEN) for hobby.  ;D   But can you stay here to give feedback?

Enso is Simon Cowell, lando is Adam Lambe...  I mean Adam Blade, and I'm Felix the Cat (yeah, I'm just kidding lol)

Anyway...

Fram left to right: OVAs and movies, Slayers, Slayers NEXT-Slayers TRY, and Slayers Revolution- Slayers Evolution-R.
Wow!!!  Great palette!!!  Now I understand why Silva-silva picked different skin colors at beginning.  Thank you for explaining.  Yeah, I only watched a Slayers movie and regular Slayers, and that's why I thought her skin color was different...  Silva-silva, your sprites are GREAT!!!  =D>

SiLva Silva, thats an excellent explanation homie. and those sprites pallettes look sharp as heckl. great job man. one helluva sprite artist homie. :thumbsup:

hey as well if you will require any special fx for special moves and hyper fx i have alot of sheets from open source for some of her moves she does in the animes. just let me know when you are indeed ready for them or want to use some if you dont have any. Plus if you want me to get some of her voice rips for moves and any intros let me know and i will assisst you since i have quite a few good rips for some of the cast already and others i will be getting for people when needed. there is the japanese voice work or the english , so decide which you would want o flow with and let me know if you can handle it or if you need me to do some  for you. good job man.  ::salute::
That sounds good.  Yeah, I need some voice rips.  When I complete my animation, I will request (hopefully, lando has some Japanese voice rips that I need).  ;)  Anyway, I'm glad you're focusing on Terry.  Editing Terry is easier than other characters, right?  You did a good job on WitchBlade, and you will do great jobs on other characters (Adam Blade, Elle, Luffy the rubber man lol, Afro Samurai...etc).

::salute:: :w00t:

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #290 on: March 15, 2011, 06:15:37 AM »
Enso is Simon Cowell, lando is Adam Lambe...  I mean Adam Blade, and I'm Felix the Cat
:DxDie Who the hell would that make me? lol

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #291 on: March 15, 2011, 11:12:08 AM »
:DxDie Who the hell would that make me? lol

Chuck norris
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #292 on: March 15, 2011, 01:49:42 PM »
HEY! wait a sec...was you going to say i was the singer adam lambert?   /:O , why the heck was i going to be him. lawd help me. lol. but hehehehe good change up to Adam Blade...i will accept that gladly fatal.  :thumbsup:

thanx on the the comment  bro fatal. yeah i have alot to do on my plate with all the characters i will be doing and Terry is def the main focus right now to get done first. Coding him when he is ready is going to be a beast! especially cause he will have new moves in hypers and his son tagging along. i have a few voice rips already for some of his hypers as well on deck. Coding him will help me learn to code the others and having good people who know about coding is a great help for me in tutoring. :thumbsup:

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #293 on: March 15, 2011, 04:14:11 PM »
I finished the stance, theres a couple of things I could clean up but I'll come back to that later.

What do ya think?

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #294 on: March 15, 2011, 04:34:36 PM »
I finished the stance, theres a couple of things I could clean up but I'll come back to that later.

What do ya think?
=D> Pretty good. Like you said, could use some cleaning up, but it's still good.
Chuck norris
lol

Offline Enso

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #295 on: March 15, 2011, 05:45:12 PM »
Looks good. :thumbsup:

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

Offline fatalfreak

• (^o^)
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #296 on: March 16, 2011, 04:50:43 AM »
@Shadaloo Lives!
You're Chuck Nor...  Well...  Actually...  This guy...

This guy
 :2
(click to show/hide)

@lando
I know you have nothing to do with any singers from American Idol lol.  I just picked the names, and that's all right.   ;D  Hey, once I finish one of my character's animations, I have so many questions that I gotta ask (I will pm when I'm done).  ;)

@Silva-silva

What do ya think?
Wow!!!  Your animation is AWESOME; it looks smooth!  ;D
The stance reminded me of Mai's stance (she does this when her opponent doesn't do anything).   ;D

I wish I can make sprite animation like yours!

^:)^

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #297 on: March 16, 2011, 05:04:50 AM »

What do ya think?

I like it alot. very nice touch Silva. i actually have a request on her if you can do it, i would love to see her have the blink animation like you done in the earlier version of her in animation added to this one when you get around to doing any cleanups on her you mentioned.  thats one of my favorite things you done with her in animation as well. sealed the deal on her good.
plus i like her legs alot better too, ( forgot to mention that before)  they look alot better than even before. again silva , great job and i know when you really get into fleshing her out in motion she will be a great character to play as. i am looking forward to her magic abilities. :thumbsup:

Offline Enso

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #298 on: March 16, 2011, 07:18:44 AM »
fatalfreak, why do you think I'm that Simon Cowell? I'm just random. Shadaloo knows I'm already MJ, and then, Double Dragon, and then this Simon Cowell thing. Now I don't know what kind I am.

Sig by TGM

(click to show/hide)

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #299 on: March 19, 2011, 03:19:15 AM »
Raúl Juliá?

Ok guys, say thank you to Vyn, he has given us permission to use anything from his characters.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar