collapse

Author Topic: Just Played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (X-Box 360)  (Read 1790 times)

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
Re: Just Played Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 (X-Box 360)
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2009, 10:46:54 PM »
Yeh i started Rocking it for a couple hours after i beat Wolfenstein yesterday. im a huge Marvel fan. Its a cool game and a bit fun but it coulda been better. Maybe downloadable content will fix all that...

Theres a lot more characters that coulda been in there
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 02:24:39 AM »
I thin kwonderman and spiderwoman are gonna be DLC too.

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 04:57:53 AM »
I thin kwonderman and spiderwoman are gonna be DLC too.

Now that sounds cool. I just started playing but is Hawk eye in it?
Be cool if submariner was in it too for cool points...
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2009, 08:04:02 PM »
no

Offline xAzerothx

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 28, 2011, 02:52:32 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2009, 08:18:29 PM »
I remember seeing somewhere that Juggernaut is going to be in the downloadable content ever.  I'm just glad I grabbed him before it was too late.  He's a beast!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2009, 11:52:37 AM »
he's a great tank, but in the later levels when everyone starts levelling equally he isn't that special. I prefer thing honestly.

Offline Worksa8

• Rocket Punch!
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:June 13, 2021, 01:19:25 PM
  • Rocket Punch!
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2009, 03:56:11 PM »
I found this game to be a terrible disappointment, after playing the first game that is.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2009, 03:43:36 AM »
I found this game to be more enjoyable than the first one. what disappointed you about the sequel? please don't say it's the character lineup.

Offline Cain

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 15, 2019, 04:57:21 PM
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2009, 04:34:03 AM »
I totally agree worksa8... MUA Gold Edition (For The 360) is a much better value at $30 then MUA 2 for $60. I mean just compare the 2:

1. Everyone has atleast 3 to 4 costumes in MUA Gold (some are lame and some are cool...but i'd rather have more than less) / MUA 2 gives us less with 2 costumes to each character. Now with just 2 outfits, one would think modern and classic right... WRONG! Just look at Penance, Wolverine & Luke Cage (The no shirt, jeans, plain t-shirt and pants crap is really getting old) especially when these char have so many other great costumes.

2. Character lineup was fantastic in MUA Gold with Hulk, Colossus, Iceman, Ms. Marvel, Thor, Cap, Dr. Strange, Surfer, Ghost Rider, FF4, Hawkeye, Dr.Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Ironman, Wolvie, Spidey, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Venom and more. To
me, these char really matter... and there all classic Marvel. There were only 2 i had a problem with and they were Blade & Elektra (They suck if you were wondering) / MUA 2 gives us less again, with only 23 playable char (MUA Gold had about 33) not to mention the palette swap char like Ironman & War Machine, Thor & Beta Ray Bill, Spiderman & The Scarlett Spider etc.

3. The story in MUA Gold was great with elements of the original marvel super heroes Secret Wars & The Infinity Gauntlet (2 of my favorite storylines in the comics by the way) / MUA 2 is basically about the Civil War, which is cool but not what i would call a classic epic being that it's a somewhat new storyline (Marvel was going bankrupt and i wonder why).

4. MUA Gold Camera was 100% better than MUA 2's and i could control it.

5. MUA Gold customization had more options and was more designed for an individual char (as far as attributes and belts)... not to mention, if i wanted to play with just 1 char or maybe 2 or 3... i could (it's an option).

6. Both games have there glitches and both are pretty enjoyable but the choice is obvious when it comes to price MUA Gold $30 / MUA 2 $60.
In closing, the only real thing MUA 2 has over MUA Gold is cleaner graphics and new fusion attacks (which have few variety among them)... I just think this title could have been much better being that it's a sequel to a really great game.

The object is to move forward not backwards??? (Come On DLC... can't wait any longer)! \-/o

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2009, 03:33:22 PM »
Marvel Ultimate Alliance was a glitchy PS2 game that was ported to the X box 360 with half assed "bonus content" tacked on to justify an over inflated price tag. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 was built for the next gen consoles from the ground up. Lots of unnessecary extra baggage was removed content wise so that the designers could concentrate more on making a game what it should be: a complete and enjoyable experience. It would be nice if people who aren't taking classes in game design could see that.

Lets tackle the issues individually:

-MUA1 had more costumes-
Yeah, and most of them were awful. Blade's costumes immediately come to mind. Hell, Silver Surfer's were all the same with different buffs. The character models in MUA2 are leaps and bounds over MUA1. If *I* was one of the game's designers, I would have said "to hell with alternate outfits altogether. This is what the heroes look like, this is good enough." People should be happy that they said "ok well maybe we could at least toss in one alternate one each in an attempt to please everyone."It really boils down to this: Do you want more low quality stuff, or less high quality stuff? Would you rather the artists take more time to throw in extra character skins, or work on making the models that they have the best that they can be. As far as outfit choices go, the designers obviously tried to pick ones that were more relevant to the timeline, with a few exceptions. Personally I think it would have been incredibly odd to see some people in their classic outfits running around in this realistic environment, with the music and the presentation and everything. Penance is still a new character, and considering all of the alt outfits are based in actual designs, they really couldn't do anything for him short of having speedball be his secondary. Wolverine and Luke cage have fine secondaries, as they actually tie into the storyline. Real comic fans would be aware of this. I'm also glad that passive buffs aren't linked to outfits anymore. I really hated running around as "night elf" blade to get the best boosts.

-character lineup-
here are the characters listed above:
Hulk, Colossus, Iceman, Ms. Marvel, Thor, Cap, Dr. Strange, Surfer, Ghost Rider, FF4, Hawkeye, Dr.Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Ironman, Wolvie, Spidey, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Venom

Now I've taken the liberties of crossing out the characters that are still playable in MUA2:
Hulk, Colossus, Iceman, Ms. Marvel, Thor, Cap, Dr. Strange, Surfer, Ghost Rider, FF4, Hawkeye, Dr.Doom, Magneto, Sabretooth, Nightcrawler, Cyclops, Ironman, Wolvie, Spidey, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, Venom

and honestly out of the ones that are still not crossed out, Colossus is a NPC which will probably be downloadable later, Dr. Strange, Moon Knight, Surfer, and ghost rider really don't have anything to do with the civil war arc in the comics, aside from maybe a oneshot or a side story or something. Dr. Doom is dead, and Most of the mutants, Magno, Sabertooth, and the X-Men included, were neutral during the civil war. we should be happy with the X- Men that we did get. Sure, we lost some characters, but in return we got some new ones that are more fun to play as. I'll gladly take songbird and iron fist alone over ANY of the characters from MUA1 that were excluded. Sure, we could argue that the old characters are cooler than the new ones, but I'd have to fire back with the fact that those characters are old news, and this game is about current events in comics. I know *I* was excited to learn that I could play as the thunderbolts, for one. This argument goes for the alternate outfits that were different characters. When was the last time Beta Ray Bill or Ben Reilley did anything relevant? How much sense would it make for a dead spiderman clone to be running around during a time when everyone knew peter parker was spidey? War Machine is already confirmed DLC BTW.

As far as the total character count being lower, we got more unique characters. A lot of people in MUA1, ESPECIALLY the exclusive guys (colossus, moon knight, and the 8 DLC guys) shared moves and animations, as well as a few of them playing almost completely similar to other characters in the game. Don't believe me? put luke cage, colossus, thing, and hulk on a team together. compare. Everyone in MUA2 not only has different animations, but has to be played with a different strategy. This goes back to the "Do you want more with less polish, or less that's more refined?" question. I feel that they've trimmed the roster to concentrate more on making the characters more unique.

-the story-
MUA1 was great for longtime fans, but honestly some of those story elements were borrowed from arcs that happened ten or more years ago. The civil war is not only more current, but more close to home. Much how culture and times have changed in real life, so have things changed in the comic world. For example if you were a casual buyer and you went into a comic shop and saw this:

a few years ago it would be acceptable, but with modern culture the way it is nowadays, you'd roll your eyes and write it off as silly. The current comic fan wants real heroes with close to home problems. not giant purple men from space that eat planets and have tin foil surfers as bodyguards. Now THIS:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ghsDsjjUBw#ws-hd

look at the camera angle, listen to Titanium Man's speech, the music, the way he dies on the steps of the monument. It all touches close to home. At least for me, It has an impact. It's hardly marvel failing, so much as someone forming a closed minded opinion on a company's decisions with no prior knowledge of market trends or financial history. Basically what I'm saying is that while the first game was a neat tribute, the second game has moved on like it should have.

-the camera-
I haven't really noticed any difference in the camera between the two games, to be perfectly honest, so I can neither agree or disagree on this one.

-customization-
Yeah, I agree that I would have liked the leveling to be less watered down, and I miss being able to customize how my characters play (thor being a crowd clearing physical powerhouse or a hammer throwing, lightning striking projectile maniac, for example) but the fact that you can swap out heroes at any time doubled with the knowledge that every hero plays differently kinda nulls that problem. It seems that in this game they really worked hard at making it so people would have a reason to try everyone out instead of just making a favorite team ans keeping it for the entire game. I don't mind the lack of being able to remove slots from your team, as a game about an alliance shouldn't really be played with a single character, and with the new setup for the healing, revival, and fusions replacing X-Tremes, you kind of NEED a team.

-price-
when MUA1 first came out, you better believe it was a sixty dollar title! In fact it still was until MUA2 dropped. If you're really concerned about the bang for your buck, wait till the price drops a tad, but don't compare the price of a greatest hits budget title that's been out since almost the launch of the 360 to a game that came out last month. that's not fair.

-fusion-
Even with a smaller roster, how long do you think it would take to create, model, animate, and map out unique fusion attacks for all of the combinations of characters that are possible? Aside from time restraints, it would break the gameplay. with a certain set of abilities that you know you always have at your disposal, you always know what moves to use for what situations. Would you really want to have to pause the game and swap out one of your characters everytime you wanted to do a certain fusion? They gave you enough detail on the little flourishes that accompany the attacks to make them unique (cap breaks the ice off his shield after doing a fusion with iceman, wolverine growls in pain after doing a fusion with iron man, thing holds his arm out like a football player while doing a fusion with sue). Here's another way to think about it: If you were a superhero, and your super power was super strength, and you ahd a guy that shoots ice, a guy that shoots fire, and a gut that shoots electricity on your team, what would you do differently with the three of them as a team up move? I know I would probably keep doing the ole "load the rock up with ice or fire or electricity and throw it at everyone" trick that worked so well the first time.

so in closing, I don't feel that they've moved backwards with MUA2. I feel that they moved in the exact direction that they had to, and I am very happy with my purchase. I  just think it's too easy for people to complain about what was taken out and not see what was added. The game has a whole new physics engine, for example. you can pretty much interact with everything in the environment. you can break open a crate full of grenades, throw all the grenades and the box that they were in. you can break a car apart and throw all the individual pieces, you can throw a van into a crowd full of enemies and then blow it up.

Offline Cain

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 15, 2019, 04:57:21 PM
« Reply #35 on: October 08, 2009, 05:40:16 AM »
Look Tenspeed, I see your starting to take this personal... all my gripes were with the game itself (NOT YOU) but i see you throwing acouple hidden shots in your response at me. This is a discussion board not an argument (the object is to discuss not argue about whatever). I express my views on the situation and you express yours (a difference in opinion doesn't have to mean hate). I like the fact that you debate with me over this game because people need different points of view before they can make a solid decision on anything (Hence: The Civil War storyline). Like i said in previous post, i'm an old school Marvel fan which is probably why i don't really relate to the new material... but you do... and so we debate not argue. Look, you like the game... i don't... and that's fine but don't put down my knowledge of a company that i've supported since i was in diapers. I definitely get why you like the Civil War arc as it's based on a difference an opinion like ours (Anti or Pro registration)... as far as this game and discussion goes: I'll be Cap (Anti) and you'd be Ironman (Pro). :thumbsup:

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: October 08, 2009, 08:43:17 PM »
i jes rented this game 3 days ago and im already halfway through my second playthrough as pro registration and i gotta say it passes. its an action rpg that to me feels like a fusion of the two instead of an action game with rpg elements or an rpg with action elements the game looks good and its a worthy sequel to the first ultimate alliance.some of the complaints ive heard about the game are a rehash of wat was said last time around saying ultimate alliance didnt have as much content as xmen legends 2 u cant please em all i guess :-??
(click to show/hide)

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2009, 11:53:59 AM »
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 12:12:57 PM by UltraRoboninja »

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline Search

• Initiate
  • Last Login:May 22, 2018, 06:00:22 PM
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2009, 12:53:55 PM »
WOW one of my favorite marvel characters is now in this game  :o him and deadpool as a team would just be manic

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »
WOW one of my favorite marvel characters is now in this game  :o him and deadpool as a team would just be manic
I'm not a big Carnage fan, but I have to admit he does look pretty fun. Very curious to see who's next.

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Offline Tundra

• Co-Founder/Former Member of the Infinity Deviants
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:April 11, 2024, 08:24:14 PM
  • SHEESH!!!
    • Wavy_Lamborghini
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »
Iceman, Wolverine, Juggy, and Ironman

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2009, 02:08:37 AM »
Iceman, Wolverine, Juggy, and Ironman
Shutup  :P
Thor, Hulk, Wolverine, and Captain America FTMFW :w00t:

i just want DLC Cable i hope they have some dlc levels too
(click to show/hide)

Offline Vitamin

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2012, 05:46:34 PM
  • Shredder: Let my name be the last sound you hear!
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2009, 03:53:04 AM »
I can't wait ti'll MUA2 comes to PC. But i played the psp version and its very shakey/glitchy, but still fun.  I know the psp version isn't anything compared to the ps3 or xbox360 version, but if its half the fun of the psp version, I say 5 out 5 for this game. And I can't wait to let out my inner physco with Carngae.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2009, 12:14:55 AM »
Look Tenspeed, I see your starting to take this personal... all my gripes were with the game itself (NOT YOU) but i see you throwing acouple hidden shots in your response at me. This is a discussion board not an argument (the object is to discuss not argue about whatever). I express my views on the situation and you express yours (a difference in opinion doesn't have to mean hate). I like the fact that you debate with me over this game because people need different points of view before they can make a solid decision on anything (Hence: The Civil War storyline). Like i said in previous post, i'm an old school Marvel fan which is probably why i don't really relate to the new material... but you do... and so we debate not argue. Look, you like the game... i don't... and that's fine but don't put down my knowledge of a company that i've supported since i was in diapers. I definitely get why you like the Civil War arc as it's based on a difference an opinion like ours (Anti or Pro registration)... as far as this game and discussion goes: I'll be Cap (Anti) and you'd be Ironman (Pro). :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what made you think I was taking a discussion about a videogame personally. I was simply dissecting the common complaints that people have with the game and explaining why they aren't really things worth complaining about.

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2009, 10:02:51 PM »
DLC character 2 of 5 revealed: Psylocke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVKmt9Gt0qw#ws-hd

Hopefully Sentry will fill one of the 3 remaining slots.

-Plato

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2009, 04:26:17 AM »
oh my god. did they give her a camel toe?

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2009, 05:07:17 PM »
i just want DLC Cable i hope they have some dlc levels too

Guess they heard you.

Also, if this image is to be believed, the last 2 DLC characters are Black Panther and Magneto.

-Plato

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar