collapse

Author Topic: Onslaught v 2.1 and Sentinel v 1.1 Updated 06.05.2009  (Read 4847 times)

Offline XsLaught

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 04, 2012, 04:33:11 AM
Re: Onslaught v 2.1 and Sentinel v 1.1 Updated 06.05.2009
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2009, 10:40:30 PM »
OK, folks. I don't know if anyone's really interested but I've been editing up some working intros against the characters in MvC2 since that seems to be the style that this Onslaught has taken. Now I'm done with all but five of the Capcom side but there are two, in particular, that are giving me a tiff because they have no previous story-lines: Amingo and Ruby Heart.

If anyone has ideas for either of these two characters please let me know unless you just wanna edit it up yourself.

Since this is Mugen and we're not limited to the stated cast of chars in MvC2, I'm also doing intros for 32 other characters all marvel or Capcom. These include some characters from EoH, some not so much. Expect different intros for the same character for different time-lines *cough*Cammy*cough* and expect some random characters as well. Also be looking for intros against characters that haven't been released yet like Susan Storm.

I hope everyone accepts this as good news and should Xslaught shoot me in the street for saying this, so be it. Also if this draws up too much non-release discussion, I will likely make another thread because this thread is more for his party.

Thanks for the effort for the intros. I won't shoot down any intros. Something is better than nothing haha.

Offline Cain

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 15, 2019, 04:57:21 PM
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2009, 08:08:54 AM »
Onslaught 2.1 & Sentinel 1.1 are really great releases with very smooth control but Onslaught tends to make my stage music skip with his (I am Onslaught intro). Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance.

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • Last Login:January 23, 2011, 02:35:21 PM
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2009, 03:09:12 PM »
Try reworking your music plugin. There's a thread somewhere on the forum that also allows you remedy any problems with DJVan's audio plugin.

Status update: by Monday I'll be done with the capcom half of the intros. All 44 of them. Then I'll move on to completing the marvel half.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 03:19:15 PM by Serious Cat »

Posting from my G1 mobile phone.

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2009, 04:09:30 PM »
Try reworking your music plugin. There's a thread somewhere on the forum that also allows you remedy any problems with DJVan's audio plugin.

Status update: by Monday I'll be done with the capcom half of the intros. All 44 of them. Then I'll move on to completing the marvel half.

Have you come up with anything creative for the intros against Amingo and Ruby Heart? Also, do you intend to give EOH's Symbiote Onslaught similar intros as well?
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2009, 11:27:15 PM »
I can't really find any basis to create a good intros for those two because all of their motivation in MvC2 came from Abyss. They have previous storyline either, being that they, Sonson, and Abyss were created for MvC2 exclusively.

If I was given a template for intros and a font, I could create intros for Symbiote Onslaught, but I'd prefer to have Infinity give me outright permission to do so like Xslaught gave.

Offline Shibuyah

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 15, 2012, 06:44:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2009, 12:39:19 AM »
Okay, uhm...I have some feedback, but hopefully it doesn't sound harsh.
Alright...to start things off, I like how most of the characters that were in MVC had a special intro with Onslaught like they did in the original. (I.E, EMW's Morrigan, most of Kong's MVC2 characters, Acey's Hulk, and Splode's Captain Commando)
Onslaught seems almost exactly like he was in MVC...but I did notice some problems that weren't in the original.
Like for example, his charging forward attack would sometimes pass me and I'd wind up behind him.
Another thing I noticed, was that whenever I made Captain Commando use his Captain corridor attack, it didn't touch him at all. Same for Captain Sword, his hyper, yet his other hyper where he attacks with his allys hit Onslaught.
The last thing was that for some characters like Kong's Megaman, his standing hard kick didn't even touch him.

..I'm not saying your Onslaught is supposed to be perfect, I just thought I'd point theseout to you in case you didn't know.
Sorry if I sounded harsh. < <;

Still, I have a question to ask. How do you make those custom intros against Onslaught?
Thanks, and I think your Onslaught is the best one I've ever seen, nice job. ^w^
Currently spriting TotW style:

Working on requests...I might list them later, when I can get things straightened out.

Current Mugen projects(I may need help, but hopefully I won't... ^ ^; ).
MVC Nakoruru
MVC Rimururu
Original character sorta based on Roll named Roll-alpha:will be MVC style.

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2009, 12:56:41 AM »
Okay, uhm...I have some feedback, but hopefully it doesn't sound harsh.
Alright...to start things off, I like how most of the characters that were in MVC had a special intro with Onslaught like they did in the original. (I.E, EMW's Morrigan, most of Kong's MVC2 characters, Acey's Hulk, and Splode's Captain Commando)
Onslaught seems almost exactly like he was in MVC...but I did notice some problems that weren't in the original.
Like for example, his charging forward attack would sometimes pass me and I'd wind up behind him.
Another thing I noticed, was that whenever I made Captain Commando use his Captain corridor attack, it didn't touch him at all. Same for Captain Sword, his hyper, yet his other hyper where he attacks with his allys hit Onslaught.
The last thing was that for some characters like Kong's Megaman, his standing hard kick didn't even touch him.

..I'm not saying your Onslaught is supposed to be perfect, I just thought I'd point theseout to you in case you didn't know.
Sorry if I sounded harsh. < <;

Still, I have a question to ask. How do you make those custom intros against Onslaught?
Thanks, and I think your Onslaught is the best one I've ever seen, nice job. ^w^

The attacks that do not touch them are not the fault of Onslaught. I'm going to guss those characters use p2stateno in their HitDefs to put opponents into custom states. It is stated in the Mugen docs that any hitdef with "p2stateno = " will not work on HitOverride opponents. The way things should be coded is to not use "p2stateno = " in HitDef to put players to custom states at all. Use TargetState instead. Had I not use a HitOverride, other characters would attempt to grab Onslaught using TargetState and not know that their throw attempt was a failure.

As for him missing with his Charge Forward attack. Is it form 1 or form 2? It shouldn't miss. Maybe the character is made to not be hit under certain conditions? Let me know the character you used, the state it was in etc. A screenshot would be very helpful. With Clsn boxes would be good too. It might just be that my Clsn boxes are big enough. I'll check into it.

I don't take feedback as insults, rather, I take them as bug reports and faults that needs to be improved. It just depends on how it's given. If it's given prior to trying out the character saying "this better not suck" etc, then that is wrong.

Onslaught plays very similar to MVC since I used Artmoney to get accurate data for almost every single velocity, hittime, hitpausetime, position, yaccel, etc. :-D.

To make custom intros, I posted a font image a few posts earlier with the font MVC uses for those quotes. Then you have the textbox to use from the SFF file. I don't remember if I put in a blank one or not.

Nice job! :-D

Offline Shibuyah

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 15, 2012, 06:44:02 PM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2009, 01:10:24 AM »
The attacks that do not touch them are not the fault of Onslaught. I'm going to guss those characters use p2stateno in their HitDefs to put opponents into custom states. It is stated in the Mugen docs that any hitdef with "p2stateno = " will not work on HitOverride opponents. The way things should be coded is to not use "p2stateno = " in HitDef to put players to custom states at all. Use TargetState instead. Had I not use a HitOverride, other characters would attempt to grab Onslaught using TargetState and not know that their throw attempt was a failure.

As for him missing with his Charge Forward attack. Is it form 1 or form 2? It shouldn't miss. Maybe the character is made to not be hit under certain conditions? Let me know the character you used, the state it was in etc. A screenshot would be very helpful. With Clsn boxes would be good too. It might just be that my Clsn boxes are big enough. I'll check into it.

I don't take feedback as insults, rather, I take them as bug reports and faults that needs to be improved. It just depends on how it's given. If it's given prior to trying out the character saying "this better not suck" etc, then that is wrong.

Onslaught plays very similar to MVC since I used Artmoney to get accurate data for almost every single velocity, hittime, hitpausetime, position, yaccel, etc. :-D.

To make custom intros, I posted a font image a few posts earlier with the font MVC uses for those quotes. Then you have the textbox to use from the SFF file. I don't remember if I put in a blank one or not.

Nice job! :-D
Alright, the characters I used were, Splode's Captain Commando, Beximus' Ingrid, and Acey's hulk.
Basically the attack did hit for a little while, but then he just went on by.

It's strange though, attacks that normally upon coming into contact with onslaught in MVC make the character stop attacking, hit him like it's hitting any other fighter.
Like Kong's Spiderman's Maximum Spider.
I don't know why though, it's so strange. '~';

Anyway, now that I know how to make those text things, how would I exactly apply them to a certain character when coming in contact with Onslaught?
Currently spriting TotW style:

Working on requests...I might list them later, when I can get things straightened out.

Current Mugen projects(I may need help, but hopefully I won't... ^ ^; ).
MVC Nakoruru
MVC Rimururu
Original character sorta based on Roll named Roll-alpha:will be MVC style.

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2009, 10:20:00 AM »
In order to allow the intro to be used between the two characters, you simply add the intro pcx's into the sff file under group 10191 but the image number will have to A: follow the sequential number after the intros already added or B: simply use an image number not used in group 10191 yet. Then you coul simply edit Onslaught1.st and Onslaught.air with the detection code and the animation coding respectively.

But I would recommend as a friendly gesture to wait and see how many and which characters I've made intros for first, since I'll be sending the intros I've created to Xslaught to be included in the next update. Mind you, we're talking about a total of at least 86 intros being added.

Oh, and Xslaught, were you able to discuss with anyone about the first attack detection? Onslaught still has it so that it triggers even if he didn't get the first attack.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:28:00 AM by Serious Cat »

Offline KudosForce

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 18, 2011, 07:01:38 PM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 14, 2009, 10:40:08 AM »
They have previous storyline either, being that they, Sonson, and Abyss were created for MvC2 exclusively.

Technically, SonSon is the granddaughter of a Capcom arcade game character that had the same name, but she did debut in MvC2, indeed.

By the way, Amingo mainly fights to protect and restore plantlife like himself. I hope that helps.

Good luck on those intros!
Mission complete!

-Rolento

92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 12:25:39 PM »
In order to allow the intro to be used between the two characters, you simply add the intro pcx's into the sff file under group 10191 but the image number will have to A: follow the sequential number after the intros already added or B: simply use an image number not used in group 10191 yet. Then you coul simply edit Onslaught1.st and Onslaught.air with the detection code and the animation coding respectively.

But I would recommend as a friendly gesture to wait and see how many and which characters I've made intros for first, since I'll be sending the intros I've created to Xslaught to be included in the next update. Mind you, we're talking about a total of at least 86 intros being added.

Oh, and Xslaught, were you able to discuss with anyone about the first attack detection? Onslaught still has it so that it triggers even if he didn't get the first attack.

Yeah I know how to fix it. I just have been taking a break from coding and Mugen for a bit. I'll go down the list of "To-Fixes" at some point probably before the month is over.

Offline litfam

• Last Login:March 07, 2016, 06:18:03 PM
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 12:38:39 PM »
I don't know if this has been noticed but he calls on the sentinel 50 billion times in a fight where it completely takes away from ever seeing Onslaught! is there in way that I could remove the sentinel from coming in all the time? by the way great job Onslaught is my favorite villian!

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 01:21:52 PM »
sentinels hypers need work. they lag for some reason and they are too similar imo.
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2009, 02:04:28 AM »
I don't know if this has been noticed but he calls on the sentinel 50 billion times in a fight where it completely takes away from ever seeing Onslaught! is there in way that I could remove the sentinel from coming in all the time? by the way great job Onslaught is my favorite villian!

Since it is his most powerful move. I programmed the AI to save up power to use it most of the time. It makes a fight more fun and challenging against him. You have to deal with Sentinel without giving him too much power. This means minimal getting hit yourself and minimal blocking. You can change his AI in onslaught.cmd to reduce the frequency of him using that move.

Look for:
Code: [Select]
[State -1, Partner Change]
type = ChangeState
triggerall = !Var(50)
triggerall = Var(0) = 1
triggerall = Ctrl
trigger1 = Power >= 2000
trigger1 = Random < 800
value = 13200

You can add additional triggers or lower Random to < 10 or something like that.

As for Sentinel's hypers...they're too similar? Those are the hypers used in MVC2/XCOTA. Lagging depends on the PC. It doesn't lag on my computer even with a few sentinels on screen. I'll look into reducing the use of ownpal = 1 since giving helpers individual palettes use up more memory. Not giving some helpers ownpal = 1 would make them also be affected by PalFx if the Root is affected by a PalFx.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2009, 04:57:31 AM by XsLaught »

Offline VBISON

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 13, 2022, 07:55:31 AM
    • V-AIZEN
    • Skype - vincent041481@hotmail.com
    • https://www.facebook.com/VBISON/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel&eid=ARCZKep7kRlw60YPPynwy3bSH76H8-I0f8mnFQ19_qMwgmAPFIvrj8Am2aZFfRYya8s-IGPS_7c1gjZg
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2009, 06:25:00 AM »
 :w00t: :w00t: :) :) EXCELLENT WORK KEEP IT UP :w00t:

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 08:57:57 AM »
The onlt problem with AMingo is that I can find no real motivation for him to even care about Onslaught. Onslaught is more about destroying all intelligent life, which obviously, would include Amingo. However it's not solely motivation, either. I also I have no basis for his dialogue. The most I've ever heard Amingo say is, well, "Amingo." It's entirely possible that Amingo doesn't have a true spoken language. Ruby Heart has the same problem. We know that she has a spoken language and that she hails from France, but her speach mannerisms and her true motivation aside from the obvious are a complete mystery.

The best scenario when you have no idea how, if at all, a character speaks, is to just simply run with the default intro. Likewise if you can't define a non-generic motivation.

In anycase, my Capcom side is done. That's the entire Capcom half of MvC2 minus Amingo and Ruby plus 16 or 17 others. These include Kenji, Arthur, Lou, Rare Akuma, Dark Chun-Li, Evil/Violent Ken, Evil Ryu, Evil Dan, Zero, and several others. Also includes 2 intros for Cammy based on which age of Cammy you're using. More details on that when I pass it to Xslaught.

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 11:57:54 PM »
The onlt problem with AMingo is that I can find no real motivation for him to even care about Onslaught. Onslaught is more about destroying all intelligent life, which obviously, would include Amingo. However it's not solely motivation, either. I also I have no basis for his dialogue. The most I've ever heard Amingo say is, well, "Amingo." It's entirely possible that Amingo doesn't have a true spoken language. Ruby Heart has the same problem. We know that she has a spoken language and that she hails from France, but her speach mannerisms and her true motivation aside from the obvious are a complete mystery.

The best scenario when you have no idea how, if at all, a character speaks, is to just simply run with the default intro. Likewise if you can't define a non-generic motivation.

In anycase, my Capcom side is done. That's the entire Capcom half of MvC2 minus Amingo and Ruby plus 16 or 17 others. These include Kenji, Arthur, Lou, Rare Akuma, Dark Chun-Li, Evil/Violent Ken, Evil Ryu, Evil Dan, Zero, and several others. Also includes 2 intros for Cammy based on which age of Cammy you're using. More details on that when I pass it to Xslaught.

Well Strider's intro fits well for characters like Amingo or Ruby Heart.
"....."
"Nothing to say? A silent scream shall suffice."

I've gotten through the list of bug fixes.

• Fixed Hyper Grav Damager to destroy itself - no more invisible attack when there are no orbs left
  • Fixed Onslaught 2nd form continue screen
  • Fixed First attack message
  • Sentinel's Aerial D+MP is now able to move left/right
  • Fixed Time over for Sentinel
  • Fixed Time over for onslaught 1 and 2
  • Air guard while flying returns Sentinel back to flying state
  • Increased Clsn1 box for Hyper Rush
  • Dash punch may not always work - I just added a constant velset for vel x. Unsure if it'll fix it
  • Fixed hitspark xy for Hyper Mind Blast
  • Fixed hitspark xy for Magnetic Tempest
  • Fixed hitspark xy for Sentinel SLP, MVC2 SLP, MVC2 SMP, MVC2 SSK
  • Made it so Advance Guard should work against small characters
  • Fixed it so helpers parents are not destroyed before child.

these:
  - Hyper Sentinel Force
  - Plasma Storm
  - Sentinel Force - Strong
  - Magnetic Shockwave
  - Hyper Grav
  - Sentinel Force - Onslaught
  - Intro/Taunt - Rocks
  - Rensha Beam
  • Fixed debug overflow for Helper(20300) (head)
  • MVC2 SSK - removed ownpal = 1 from Explods
  • Added anti-spam attack. Onslaught's gethit anim threshold increases each time his gethit anim takes place and decreases when he's not in a gethit state
  • Removed life point handicap since some character's default life is above 1000.
  • Fixed Sentinel's dash back with using 2 punches + holdback so it won't cancel into dash fwd

Not done yet:
[] New command set for Sentinel - Maybe just an alternate cmd file
[] Optimize Sentinel's hypers - I don't think I can do much more for this. I've reduced the usage of ownpal = 1 where I see fit. But really nothing much has changed in them. It probably is due to not enough memory for the computer.
[] Make Sentinel's gethit system more similar to the Vs series.

I may also add in the Magnetic Tempest hyper from v1.8 for his 2nd form. It wasn't in the original game so I'm unsure.

I looked into characters such as Splode's Captain Commando. He used p2stateno in his HitDefs....
it would have to be fixed in their files. HitDefs with "p2stateno = " will not work on HitOverride opponents.

Offline nitemaric

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 20, 2010, 01:02:57 AM
  • nitemaric rules the nitemares wana join
    • ntiemAricMV
Re: Onslaught v 2.1 and Sentinel v 1.1 Updated 06.
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2009, 01:02:37 AM »
yup
the nitemare relm is fun wont you join

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2009, 08:15:41 AM »
In that case, Amingo and Ruby would be a simple edit of the st file

Offline Tiger-Boy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 25, 2022, 07:02:42 PM
  • "*Sigh*... Just call me 'Claw'."
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009, 10:45:35 PM »
I Like!  ;D
"To share is MUGEN Law!"   XD||

Offline Serious Cat

• Initiate
  • I eat flowers, too.
    • The Dragon's Mouth
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2009, 08:51:36 AM »
Minor Update:

Despite getting past the hard part, the capcom side, since I'm a big Marvel fan, I've kinda hit a snag and I'm not as motivated to do as much at one time right now due to some issues with my work and some social issues. Needless to say, I'm still working on my little endeavor, but it's a a very decelerated rate. Hopefully this will only be temporary and you guys will have something that you can really enjoy in about a month or so.

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2009, 09:48:55 PM »
Yeah thanks for the effort. Take your time. I haven't been doing much since the last update. I only fixed some bugs. I also feel a lack of motivation at the moment to do anything.

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2009, 12:34:10 PM »
How do I fix the music skipping problem? it always seems to happen at the intro and when he gets to his second form? Also, that charge move that he does is a little over powered
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster

Offline XsLaught

« Reply #48 on: June 29, 2009, 02:26:08 PM »
How do I fix the music skipping problem? it always seems to happen at the intro and when he gets to his second form? Also, that charge move that he does is a little over powered

What is the music skipping problem? There's no way to control when to start the background music. It can only be disabled for a certain time period so the beginning of a stage's music may be skipped to play the intro music from the .snd file. After playing for a bit I feel that I should program in a way for him to have 2 background music (1st and 2nd form) played from the .snd file. This will increase the file size dramatically for the next update but it has been the request of a few people...

Which charge move? Damage data is the same as from MVC1. I lowered the hitpriority if I recalled. He's able to be hit during the charge move.

Next update will happen whenever Serious Cat sends me the intros :). Might have time to work on another character until then.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 02:32:16 PM by XsLaught »

Offline Shockdingo

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 24, 2022, 09:33:25 PM
  • Behold! Dingo-Face!
    • Electric Voicebox
« Reply #49 on: July 02, 2009, 05:48:30 PM »
Nice work with these, I'll have to check them out, I've been meaning to get a good onslaught, the last one I got was from the eaaaarly days of MUGEN.  :) Also very fitting bg music in the Onslaught video, I recognized the first one as RE4's final boss fight, but what was the second one?

"Lord...I've been a good mantis...I've PRAYED..."- Mike Nelson MST3k

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Virtual Bart Science Fair by Lord_Enemil
[June 15, 2024, 08:23:51 PM]

Classic VS : Cheng / Athena by ELECTRO
[June 13, 2024, 03:03:58 PM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[June 10, 2024, 11:25:24 PM]

Street Fighter Spec Ops 2021 by O Ilusionista
[June 08, 2024, 01:36:06 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

* IMT Calendar