collapse

Author Topic: DekaMaster/Doggie Kruger  (Read 12547 times)

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
Re: DekaMaster/Doggie Kruger
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »
Really? Interesting. I didn't see it when I was out today, but a lot of times games appear on eBay a few days before the release date.

On topic, I finally finished DekaMaster's back jump/hop backward anim today. Horray!

I thank you all for being so paitient, especially because I'm moving at a snail's pace here with Doggie.  ;*))

I'm not quite sure what I want to do with DekaMaster's defnse pose as of yet. Like with the turn, I really don't care for the Hayato baisis' defense poses, because of the awkward angle of the arms over the face. I'll go through some games and see if I can't find a better upper-half animation for those anims. ;)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2007, 10:51:38 PM »
So how's everything going to far Matsutzu.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

« Reply #102 on: December 12, 2007, 07:13:43 AM »
Oops. Sorry I haven't been keeping you all updated on my progress. Unfortunatley, I haven't made a lot of headway (In particurlar, preparing for the Christmas season and work have taken a lot of the time I want to work on my Mugen projects...), but I have fixed and finished some things. :-[.

A friend of mine had recently pointed out an error in Doggie's D-Sword Vega.. the blade was on the wrong side of the sword in comparison to the dogs's head on the hilt. I had the blade facing toward the bottom of the mouth, but it should have been facing toward the mouth of the hilt. Take a look:

Here's what I had before. Pay attention to the point of the sword and look at the following pics:

Because of this, I had to go through and fix D-Sword Vega on all my sprites, I had about 40 completed, but only 31 of them turned out to be incorrect. This error was caused by myself not paying attention to what D-Sword Vega should be doing, and just using the point of Hayato's beam sword.

Here's an example of a fixed sprite:

So, I lost about a week and a half fixing my old sprites in the .sff.  :-[ Many people probbably wouldn''ve noticed the problem, but once I did it became unnoticable for me. Although I lost some time, I'm grateful it was pointed out now, as it's better to loose a week fixing 30-something sprites than a month or so fixing  anywhere between 300-500 sprites.

I have also finished all of the defense poses though (Thank you Russian Gestapo for the idea) on how to go about this!):

This is a customized animation, It took me some time to get the movement of the sword just the way I wanted it.

I'm moving to the get hit animations next. They're always my least favorte thing to sprite. I'll definitley get some work on them through the month, but I assume I'll really get to putting in far more work on this character after the Christmas season-- as I forsee a bit more free time then.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:20:27 AM by The Great Matsutzu »

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #103 on: December 12, 2007, 08:11:19 AM »
So, I lost about a week and a half fixing my old sprites in the .sff.  :-[ Many people probbably wouldn''ve noticed the problem, but once I did it became unnoticable for me. Although I lost some time, I'm grateful it was pointed out now, as it's better to loose a week fixing 30-something sprites than a month or so fixing  anywhere between 300-500 sprites.

I have also finished all of the defense poses though (Thank you Russian Gestapo for the idea) on how to go about this!):

This is a customized animation, It took me some time to get the movement of the sword just the way I wanted it.

I'm moving to the get hit animations next. They're always my least favorte thing to sprite. I'll definitley get some work on them through the month, but I assume I'll really get to putting in far more work on this character after the Christmas season-- as I forsee a bit more free time then.

I'm exactly the same. If there's a mistake in my sprites, I usually have to go back and fix it otherwise it'll just annoy me.

And I'm glad I could help with the idea for the defence poses, I think his stance looks great! :thumbsup:

« Reply #104 on: December 12, 2007, 01:30:23 PM »

I'm exactly the same. If there's a mistake in my sprites, I usually have to go back and fix it otherwise it'll just annoy me.

And I'm glad I could help with the idea for the defence poses, I think his stance looks great! :thumbsup:

I brifely considered ignoring it, but in the end, it just kept knawing at me.  ;*)). It was one of those things were it was probably going to bother the creator more than it would others. As I said though, the loss of the ammount if time I lost fixing it now is much more preferable to having to fix a much bigger (and more time-consuming) problem that it might've caused later.

And I really do appreciate the idea you gave me, Russian Gestapo. I'm glad you like how it turned out too. :)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #105 on: December 12, 2007, 08:39:04 PM »
Thank you for keeping me updated  :).

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2008, 05:54:41 PM »
Its absolutly nessisary for him 2 have a DekaGold striker

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2008, 02:46:10 AM »

the one that was on screen for barely a second??

« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2008, 07:50:19 AM »
Actually, I'm not sure quite what I'm going to do with strikers at this point... In some ways, I've decided to scale back my plans for the stikers, as I am unhappy with the unmorphed sprites I've done so far (Especially Tetsu, who's sprite just doesn't look right IMO). I started to feel overwhelmed with the idea of the strikers because DekaMaster's sprites are taking me so long due to their hight ammount of detail.  Once I get the majority of his attacks and such done, I may reconsider my decision though.

I'm hoping to get back to work on DekaMaster's spriting very soon. I'm in the middle of the 'get hit' sprites, but I hadn't been able to get to work on him all through the holiday season (I lost 2 weeks because there was so much that I needed to do with my family this season-- it was quite hectic and busy). Still, my DekaMaster project is something I'm excited about it still, and I must apologize to all of you that it's taking so long (The ammount of time I've spent on him is immense, and I'm still only about 20% done with him...)

Offline Savage Henry

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 07, 2016, 10:51:40 AM
  • Scag Baron.
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2008, 11:10:42 AM »

the one that was on screen for barely a second??

Yes. MY favorite sentai ranger. Pwns all.

« Reply #110 on: January 21, 2008, 03:45:41 PM »
Update:

Sorry it's been so long since I've kept everyone here informed on how this project is going.  :P. A lot of things came up over the past couple months that made my spriting time minimal, and I must appologize for the loss of time. This project is still very much alive, although I'm moving rather slowly.

Anyhoozit, At this point I'm smack dab in the middle of Doggie's get hit animations  :P:

Again, the toughest part of these animations is the '100' on the chest. For the low hit sprites, my finished jump sprites were helpful in figuring this out.

I've also been tweaking the stance animation in the hope to make it look less rigid. I think I'm now finally satisfied with it.

Again, as I said earlier, as of this point I've decided to scale back my idea of strikers for the time being. DekaMaster's sprites himself are very detailed and hard for me to create, so that wil take a tiny bit of pressure off. I may or may not decide to add some in when he gets closer to having all of his basics and supers sprited, we shall see. I hate to dissapoint anyone (as I know it would be exciting to see Doggie's comrades helping him in Mugen too) but for now, I need to get to the nitty gritty of getting him sprited and worry about those kind of details later.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2008, 08:30:12 PM by The Great Matsutzu »

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #111 on: January 21, 2008, 05:21:36 PM »
 :-SS the cool-ness!!! the cool-NESS!!!!  :w00t:

Offline Russian Gestapo

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 22, 2018, 09:17:16 AM
  • I am teh Eggman.
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2008, 06:59:18 PM »
SNAP! I'm still doing the hit anims on Jack. ;)

« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2008, 01:05:40 PM »
SNAP! I'm still doing the hit anims on Jack. ;)

LOL, yup same here ;*)). At the moment I'm smack-dab in the middle of spriting the crouch hit animation, and will soon be moving to the fall, ko, etc..

The get hit animations, in my opinion, are always what takes the longest to sprite. I always feel such a sense of releif when they're finished.

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2008, 04:24:33 PM »
woah! you started him... He looks awesome! :o good luck.
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2008, 06:03:59 PM »
LOL, yup it's been quite a while since this project began... I've hit some bumps in the road, but still treading on..

Slowly, but surley.... ;*))

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2008, 11:40:15 PM »
of course...nobody is rushing TGM in here...spriting is the longest part of the work compared to the coding if i`m not mistaken...Keep us updated with the updates,this character is going to be another great one! :thumbsup:

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #117 on: January 31, 2008, 07:10:55 PM »
of course...nobody is rushing TGM in here...spriting is the longest part of the work compared to the coding if i`m not mistaken

yeah you are right hehe....
spriting is really hard if its original or semioriginal sprites like TGM is doing.
compared to spriting,coding is a walk in the park

« Reply #118 on: February 06, 2008, 04:40:27 PM »
Thanks everyone for the understanding! These sprites are definitley the hardest I have ever done for any character. Yet, in an odd way that makes me want to work harder.. to achieve something I never have.  ;)

I am excited to announce that I just finished all of the get hit animations!

Some new screens:

I plan to get started on the basic attack spriting in the coming days. I would say progress now is about 30%. It's amazing how much of the .sff file is the get hit animations.

Offline oohwhap

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2008, 10:18:51 PM
  • My inspiration is what make me strived to the top
    • King Oohwhap
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2008, 06:07:04 PM »
Yes one of my fravorite spd rangers is finally being made ^^(PM)^

• Infinity Faithful
« Reply #120 on: February 15, 2008, 07:20:49 PM »
Yes one of my fravorite spd rangers is finally being made ^^(PM)^

Holy crap, oohwap's back!!!  8-}

« Reply #121 on: February 17, 2008, 07:39:09 AM »
I've been slowly getting the basic attacks sprited, starting with the kicks. Here's a few example shots:

The sword attacks will be a little more complicated, as I'm thinking I'm going to separate the sword blur effect from the baisis sprites and overlay them as separate anim elements with a transparency. It should make it look rather nice.  :P I had considered remoiving the effect althogether, but I think I'll keep it due to the blur effect D-Sword Vega was causing in the famous '100 anaroid' fight scene that was in episode 13 of DekaRanger.

Offline dragon

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 23, 2009, 10:55:49 PM
« Reply #122 on: February 28, 2008, 09:16:04 PM »
i like the ranger shows and doggie is one of my favorite rangers compared to the red ranger ill be waiting on him keep up the great work

Offline ky 3000

• Last Login:June 13, 2016, 02:54:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: March 29, 2008, 07:06:02 PM »
good work  =D>

Offline Kid22 the Rookie

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 13, 2010, 08:06:18 PM
  • Grimmjow Jeagerjaques the 6th Espada.
    • Palette ship
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: April 01, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
that is somthing worth looking forward to
mad props to Dark_Nova for the sig!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[June 06, 2024, 07:34:10 PM]

Kirby the Dream Battle by O Ilusionista
[June 06, 2024, 01:04:12 PM]

Neo Geo Pocket by malevka2
[June 05, 2024, 10:53:57 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD