collapse

Author Topic: there are many idiots in this world  (Read 1323 times)

Offline That Mugen Guy

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:March 27, 2012, 11:40:02 PM
    • Email
Re: there are many idiots in this world
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2008, 05:19:36 PM »
I cant believe people that see things so racial...I dont even notice the race of the zombies Im shooting lol  ;D

yea I agree with u,
 fo real fo real I didn't even consider zombies to have races
 I looked at them like a whole nother being, just  zombies

Jesus loves me, he loves me a bunch! Because he always puts Skippy in my lunch!

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2008, 05:24:29 PM »
well the thing is only few people survived the t-virus from new york
leon, chris redfield, rebecca chambers, jill valentine, that dude that was helping rebecca
and i think what the concept is they left new york to africa
because they probably thought they could get away from the t-virus and zombies by going to a new country
but they were wrong making it where they have to deal with even more zombies
but this is what i think the concept of this is so idk if this is what truly happens =\
The survivors didn't flee to other countries. They just became a part of a bigger branch of the government because they survived the T-Virus. So Leon, Chris, Claire, etc were hired to deal with bio-terrorism. In RE4 what happened was the leader of the parasites kidnapped the presidents daughter, so the president trusted the fate of his daughter in Leon's hands, probably because he knew these aren't your average terrorists. I'm guessing some sort of Bio-terrorism activity has been traced to Africa so the government put Chris to work.

When it comes to bio-terrorism, they government in RE try to keep it secret so nobody in the USA freaks out. It wouldn't matter if they moved to other countries because as in RE4 and 5 show us, nowhere is safe from bio-terrorism.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2008, 05:33:33 PM »
Exaactly.

The more I think about it, the more stupid it seems to me, make Leon from in RE4 black, make him kill a bunch of spanish people, no problem, the other way around, racism. It's the way of thinking of a racist IMHO.

Well not to sound like a @sshole but ppl think its racist because whites have been known in the past to hate every race but themselves even some of them now still do it. Im not saying im not going the get the game or anything and i might even make the main character act racist sometimes but its just weird thats all no african main character lol, i mean RE has never had a black main characer and they have the perfect opportunity with this game but they keep using the same characters. And im a fan of the old style of resident evil, like resident Evil 1-Resident Evil outbreak File 2 but these new RE dont feel like resident evil at all it feels like some new type of game.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2008, 07:07:53 PM by Nutpatch »

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2008, 06:22:26 PM »
Well not to sound like a bunghole but ppl think its racist because whites have been known in the past to hate every race but themselves even some of them now still do it. Im not saying im not going the get the game or anything and i might even make the main character act racist sometimes but its just weird thats all no african main character lol, i mean RE has never had a black main characer and they have the perfect opportunity with this game but they keep using the same characters. And im a fan of the old style of resident evil, like resident Evil 1-Resident Evil outbreak File 2 but these new RE dont feel like resident evil at all it feels like some new type of game.

actually there was two black characters in RE :)

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2008, 07:07:16 PM »
actually there was two black characters in RE :)

not main characters though.

Offline I_Burner

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 AM
  • Avy by Hollow Boy aka C.D.
    • Burnt M.U.G.E.N.
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2008, 11:17:55 PM »
Well not to sound like a @sshole but ppl think its racist because whites have been known in the past to hate every race but themselves even some of them now still do it. Im not saying im not going the get the game or anything and i might even make the main character act racist sometimes but its just weird thats all no african main character lol, i mean RE has never had a black main characer and they have the perfect opportunity with this game but they keep using the same characters. And im a fan of the old style of resident evil, like resident Evil 1-Resident Evil outbreak File 2 but these new RE dont feel like resident evil at all it feels like some new type of game.

I think one thing to keep in mind is that RE is from Japan, and while I'm sure many Japanese people know that racial tensions exist here in the US, most probably don't really understand just how sensitive an issue it is. It just wouldn't be something that's likely to be in the front of a Japanese game designer's mind, you know?

As for not using an African main character, I'm willing to bet that Capcom thought about it, but decided to go with a familiar character since the rest of the game is a departure from the standard RE formula. Just something to help tie it into the older games. Let's face it, there haven't been too many game series that manage to pull off giving you completely new setting, story, gameplay, AND characters. Unless it's Final Fantasy, most fans will get pissed if they can't recognize it as having something in common with the rest of the series.

And finally, like some others have already said, they're just freakin' zombies! They're not really even human....

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2008, 11:56:45 PM »
I think one thing to keep in mind is that RE is from Japan, and while I'm sure many Japanese people know that racial tensions exist here in the US, most probably don't really understand just how sensitive an issue it is. It just wouldn't be something that's likely to be in the front of a Japanese game designer's mind, you know?

As for not using an African main character, I'm willing to bet that Capcom thought about it, but decided to go with a familiar character since the rest of the game is a departure from the standard RE formula. Just something to help tie it into the older games. Let's face it, there haven't been too many game series that manage to pull off giving you completely new setting, story, gameplay, AND characters. Unless it's Final Fantasy, most fans will get pissed if they can't recognize it as having something in common with the rest of the series.

And finally, like some others have already said, they're just freakin' zombies! They're not really even human....

yea i feel you but seneyu told me that they found out that the core of the virus was in africa i thought it was symbolism of hiv in africa lol but im still goin to get the game.

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2008, 12:07:09 AM »
yea i feel you but seneyu told me that they found out that the core of the virus was in africa i thought it was symbolism of hiv in africa lol but im still goin to get the game.

The plaga virus or the T virus?

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2008, 04:58:40 AM »

Actually every race has a bit of racism.
I remember in Red Steel, you play as a mute white guy and all the Japanese guys kept calling you Gaijin (which is an offensive way of saying foreigner).

Spanish have a similar word, which is gringo.

It's just the way the cookie crumbles. Sad, but true.

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2008, 05:19:14 AM »
Spanish have a similar word, which is gringo.

yea i remeber back in 8th grade we called our social studies teacher mr.curry gringo ;*))

Offline Hioushi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 08, 2012, 01:34:50 AM
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2008, 08:47:49 AM »
Well, calling foreigners names isn't exactly racist, its more a way of xenophobe. It's meaning its more of a "despicable outsider".

In most cases it doenst mean a certain race has no rights or is less than the other, just that they dont belong there.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 08:59:10 AM by Hioushi »

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2008, 10:11:10 AM »
As for not using an African main character
but its just weird thats all no african main character lol

There is a black main character in RE5. The whole campaign can be played as this chick.

There were also like 2 or 3 black main characters in RE:Outbreak. And the setting was chosen because the guys who made RE5 believe all life originated from there and that's also where the virus came from.

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2008, 12:41:09 PM »
 :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

B easy ur 2 funny

Offline SPOOKY77

• CVGUnited.com Admin
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 17, 2011, 11:58:08 AM
    • CVG United
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 01:22:35 PM »

There is a black main character in RE5. The whole campaign can be played as this chick.

There were also like 2 or 3 black main characters in RE:Outbreak. And the setting was chosen because the guys who made RE5 believe all life originated from there and that's also where the virus came from.

:DxDie LOL everybody knows Africa or at least parts of it are where we all came from millions of years ago....people are so retarted to get offended so easily I wouldnt care if a black main character was killing alot of white ZOMBIES

Offline GaryCXJk

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 03, 2020, 07:22:20 AM
    • Area91
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 01:44:38 PM »
What a load of crap, switch Leon for an African guy and make him kill a bunch of caucasian zombiesvampires in New York, then nobody says a word.
Fixed, so it reflects a true story.

But alas, people who pull the "racist" card should be shot on sight in the foot and die of tetanus.

Because, It's Midnite

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2008, 01:55:26 PM »

yea i already know about the guy on outbreak he was a weenie and he wasnt the real main character so i really dont count him. And Chris is the main character on RE5 I never said i was offended it just seems weird..

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2008, 04:02:04 PM »
there was the weenie with the coin and play dead trick and there was the bald cop. so both of them together gotta count as something.

And that chick is the a main character. Nearly every RE besides 4 and 3 (0,1,2,CR, etc.) have 2 main characters with basically the same story.

In short, nothing about this game seems weird to me. There was a Game Overthinker episode about this very subject. check it out in the video games section if any of you have the time.

Offline Cyclysm

• Forum Spriter &
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:July 21, 2010, 12:00:11 AM
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2008, 04:13:10 PM »
In RE: Outbreak there was two Black guys

one was Jim,...he sucked and was all wimpy and stuff

The other was Mark...who was he old security guard....reminded me of Ving Rhames
he was awesome

' 8)

"I am two people"      Cyclysm & Sgt.Rotter

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2008, 08:20:42 PM »

The other was Mark...who was he old security guard....reminded me of Ving Rhames
he was awesome

' 8)

yea he was alright....

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2008, 09:09:44 PM »

he was awesome

' 8)

Ving Rhames LOL!! I enjoyed 4, but my most favorite games of the series was 3 cuz it gave me a very tough opponent (Until I found the pattern to beat him with just the handgun LOL) who hunts you down. My only beef with re3 was that the nemesis was not truly random. I did not want a scripted event to unfold. I wanted a sadistic kool-aid man to jump out when I least expected it LOL!! But and 4 for took away the shuffling undead and made way for a more intelligent, deadlier breed of adversary. I still miss the zombie bashing, but I like in life welcome change. Let's see if this works people. From what I saw, it looks like every place you visit will be like that nightmare villiage from 4. I can't wait!! But I wish they make an outbreak file 3 on the next gen systems with actual voice chat. Plus leave that guy from kenan and kell out of it!!  :D :thumbsup:

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 [28] 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal