collapse

Author Topic: The most Donimating video game in Professional Wrestling today!!!!  (Read 1497 times)

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 20, 2010, 08:55:01 PM
  • You can stuff your sorries in a sack, mister!
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
Re: The most Donimating video game in Professional Wrestling today!!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2008, 01:47:29 PM »
thats the conclusion i came to along time ago like i said the last game i brought was no mercy

same here, i still have my N64 no mercy game. my brother got up to "smackdown shut your mouth" then got smart about it and decided not to buy another wrestling game after he finally got it and realize that it was the same game but with different characters.

yea i was given here comes the pain as a gift didn't really like it much it was the same thing as shut your mouth >.<

Offline Jason Todd

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 24, 2011, 10:59:17 AM
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2008, 02:05:36 PM »
Yeah thats why I only get a new madden game every four years
i will never by a madden game ever again. ever since madden bee-otch and cried that NFL 2k by Sega series was selling more then madden series by EA. Sega was beating them so bad that EA decided to cut them off by buying the NFL exclusive licence something that they both agreed not to do but EA whet over there back and did it anywyas. EA also tried to by the NCAA exclusive licence but was denied by the NCAA because NCAA knew they will make more money if they keep the licence open to other makers.

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2008, 03:42:56 PM »
You can't hold a grude forever though
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »

I Can  ;D

Offline Jason Todd

• Initiate
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2008, 04:43:42 PM »
have not bought Madden since 2004 so i'm 4 years strong still. i rather play NCAA, its a whole lot better plus the teams are evenly match not like Madden.

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2008, 04:56:13 PM »
I just started playing NCAA, some of the character seem a lot faster than most to me
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2008, 11:02:27 PM »
thats the conclusion i came to along time ago like i said the last game i brought was no mercy

same here, i still have my N64 no mercy game. my brother got up to "smackdown shut your mouth" then got smart about it and decided not to buy another wrestling game after he finally got it and realize that it was the same game but with different characters.

yea i was given here comes the pain as a gift didn't really like it much it was the same thing as shut your mouth >.<

um.

HCTP was NOTHING like SYM. It had a completely different type of control scheme. It's the point that the games stopepd beign arcade fun and started beign a simulation.

Offline Jason Todd

• Initiate
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2008, 05:36:02 PM »

um.

HCTP was NOTHING like SYM. It had a completely different type of control scheme. It's the point that the games stopepd beign arcade fun and started beign a simulation.
o yeah i forgot, they changed the run button. i guess that made it a completly different game.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2008, 08:45:12 PM »
you're crazy. the entire grappling system was overhauled, damage to specific body parts was added, storing finishers as opposed to building them up was implimented, all sorts of other things.

saying that SYM was the same as the previous ones would have been an analogy that made more sense.

Offline I Can Dig It

• Da_linkwent
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:June 21, 2012, 08:18:23 PM
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2008, 08:10:15 AM »
best wrestling games would be 'here comes the pain' and 'day of reckoning 2'.........man they shouldve kept the day of reckoning series alive

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2008, 09:55:36 AM »
best wrestling games would be 'here comes the pain' and 'day of reckoning 2'.........man they shouldve kept the day of reckoning series alive

LMAO every jus said HCTP and DOR sucked >.>

the best game was NO Mercy any wwe game for the N64 was great wait any wrestling game made by AKI was great hands down  ^:)^

Offline I Can Dig It

• Da_linkwent
  • Initiate
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2008, 10:11:51 AM »

LMAO every jus said HCTP and DOR sucked >.>

the best game was NO Mercy any wwe game for the N64 was great wait any wrestling game made by AKI was great hands down  ^:)^

lol thats cool if everyone thinks they suck but i got all those games man, i even got no mercy, and yeah no mercy was a great game and it is one of the best wrestling games, but that doesnt mean hctp and dor2 sucked, cause they didnt, at least for me, i put them at the top wit no mercy, cause for their time they were the best wrestling games, and games i still play today

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 10:18:12 AM »
i mean shut ur mouth HCTP where the smae poop i seen no difference

DOR was ok but like i said the same poop over & Over

aki brought sumthing new to the table for every game they made man they should make a new no mercy

aki should make a come back are they still making games???

Offline I Can Dig It

• Da_linkwent
  • Initiate
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2008, 10:26:42 AM »
i mean shut ur mouth HCTP where the smae poop i seen no difference

DOR was ok but like i said the same poop over & Over

aki brought sumthing new to the table for every game they made man they should make a new no mercy

aki should make a come back are they still making games???

yeah they still make games, they made the def jam fighting games (the first def jam game felt like no mercy)

also some of the former aki members were the ones who made day of reckoning 1 and 2.......

and i heard a rumor a while back about them porting no mercy to the wii with an updated roster but i dont know if they still plan to do that

Offline Jason Todd

• Initiate
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2008, 03:53:31 PM »
you're crazy. the entire grappling system was overhauled, damage to specific body parts was added, storing finishers as opposed to building them up was implimented, all sorts of other things.

saying that SYM was the same as the previous ones would have been an analogy that made more sense.
i meant gameplay, gameplay has not changed a bit. you bring up grappling system..... that is all just show. it's not like if you could not tell before if you opponent was hurt on previous games. didnt the wrestle walk funny or slowed downed when his legs where gone? yes he did so that meant go for the legs he is weak there. or when his arms where hurt didnt he grab them? yes he did that meant go for his arms he is weak there. you are one of those people that get sucked in with this so called new added features they add with every release just so they could call it a new game and make money of the same game and yet i bet you could body slam or do a finisher on a opponent the same way on every game. o wait my bad i think they changed the finisher button on the latest release. i guess next time around they will change the wrestles again, move the finisher or run button around and add a new feature like run over your opponent with a car to win a match mode or change the colors on the grappling system and call it a new game like they do every year.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2008, 04:05:34 PM by Koragg »

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2008, 01:33:24 AM »
If you don't think that the GRAPPLING system in a WRESTLING game has much to do with gameplay, I have no reason to debate with you.

For the sake of closure, however:

A wrestler had two reactions in games prior to HCTP. One was healthy movement, and the other was tired and injured movement. I could spend an entire match putting you in leglocks, and your stamina would go down, and then I could win by a sleeper hold. To my knowledge HCTP was the first to actually make damage to a specific body part make a difference.

In games prior to HCTP, you had two options: quick grapple and strike. There was one counter button that countered everything with the right timing. In HCTP, you had four sets of grapples that each lead to their own set of moves. On top of that, you had a button to counter strikes and a button to counter grapples, leading to a game of rock paper scissors. I could get you used to thinking I was going to grab you and then do a slam, and then instead grab you, kick your midsection, and go into a different grapple, THEN depending on what mind games I'm playing I could punch you a few times and then slam you. It made reading your opponent and learning what to expect from their style a lot more important than remembering the timing of when to hit a button.

Prior to HCTP (if I'm not f**k*** up my timeline here) I could spend an entire match building up a bunch of finishers, then out of desperation do up to six stone cold stunners in a row, thus guaranteeing my victory. Starting in HCTP you could only build up to one finisher, then you had to use it or lose it within a certain amount of time unless you stored it. You could only store one. This made the matches feel more authentic.

Now personally, I don't care much for the recent smackdown games. I haven't bought one since the first SVR, although I've played them all a few times. After HCTP they were all pretty much the same game with some useless features added (like total control moves, for example.) However, HCTP WAS vastly different than it's predecessors and stands out as the point that the series started moving towards being more of a sim and less of an arcade game. If you are going to make a statement, it usually helps to know the facts before making it. Firing back with a sarcastic, unformatted paragraph when you are corrected is also very immature.

And for the record, L1 has always been the button to use your finisher.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2008, 01:49:00 AM »
Every AKI game on N64 was pretty much an update of the same game at the core. If you were to go to gamestop right now and see them all lined up on the shelf, you'd have no reason to but anything prior to no mercy, except for nostalgia.

No mercy WAS fantastic. So is Day of Reckoning and Day of Reckoning 2. The DOR games, as well as Wrestlemania XIX, were pretty much faster and smoother versions of no mercy's gameplay, so again, if you saw them all lined up on the shelf at gamestop, you'd have no reason to buy no mercy over DOR2, except for the edit mode.

I've already discussed HCTP and the smackdown series in an above post.

The Def Jam games are TERRIBLE. I liked Vendetta a lot when it first came out, because it was pretty much no mercy, but hyper fast and with lots of my favorite rappers and songs replacing the wrestlers. After beating the game once or twice it wore thin though. there was no replay value outside of multiplayer, which wasn't worth doing because no mercy (although slower) had more moves.

I bought Fight For New York on it's release day, and wasn't happy at all. the entire system just felt wrong, unpolished, unfinished. I won every single fight by using a boxing/kickboxing style and repeating the same combo over and over until I got a special, which was punch twice, grapple, punch twice, throw into wall, grapple, punch twice, throw into wall, ect,ect,ect, get special, grapple, kick ten times for finish.

I played a demo of icon, and decided not to get any closer to it.

in closing, I loved no mercy, and that's what made me get DOR and DOR2. I liked DOR1 a little better than DOR2 because the stamina system was absent (having to pace your character's breathing isn't exactly my type of fun in a videogame). I loved def jam vendetta because it was no mercy with rappers. The entire grappling system worked out in these games is the best one used in wreslting games, in my opinion. I also enjoy HCTP in the smackdown series.

Offline aristotle

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 24, 2013, 05:36:53 PM
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2008, 02:22:17 AM »
they still have N64 games at gamestop? i thought they sent them all to the warehouse and don't sell those items anymore.

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 03:29:27 AM »
Tenspeed, you'd buy No Mercy for the story mode alone.  The GCN games all take the back seat to No Mercy.  When I was done with the GCN wrestling games, I was DONE with them.  With No Mercy, however, I kept coming back to it.  The only reason why I don't play it now is because I'm too damn lazy to make space for my N64 and plug it in.  No Mercy is easily accessible.  The Day of Reckoning games were needlessly tedious.  Best wrestling games for their time... but tedious nonetheless.

I also liked Day of Reckoning 1 over 2.  I think it was because it just seemed like a better improvement over the previous title while part 2 was disappointing in too many areas.

Sometimes I wish AKI would come work for Nintendo and just make wrestling games for them all the time.   =P~

Note: If you check gamefaqs, I've got a CAW guide on there for Day of Reckoning 2.   ;)

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline Jason Todd

• Initiate
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2008, 04:41:11 PM »
If you don't think that the GRAPPLING system in a WRESTLING game has much to do with gameplay, I have no reason to debate with you.

A wrestler had two reactions in games prior to HCTP. One was healthy movement, and the other was tired and injured movement. I could spend an entire match putting you in leglocks, blah blah balh  :-@ :-@ :-@
IT'S THE SAME CRAPPY GAME you just said yourself that the finisher is done with the same button on every game. you just proved my point thank you. :-j

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2008, 10:57:15 PM »

A wrestler had two reactions in games prior to HCTP. One was healthy movement, and the other was tired and injured movement. I could spend an entire match putting you in leglocks, blah blah balh  :-@ :-@ :-@
IT'S THE SAME CRAPPY GAME you just said yourself that the finisher is done with the same button on every game. you just proved my point thank you. :-j

hahah, what?

they still have N64 games at gamestop? i thought they sent them all to the warehouse and don't sell those items anymore.

nah they don't sell them. I was just using it as an example.

Tenspeed, you'd buy No Mercy for the story mode alone.  The GCN games all take the back seat to No Mercy.  When I was done with the GCN wrestling games, I was DONE with them.  With No Mercy, however, I kept coming back to it.  The only reason why I don't play it now is because I'm too damn lazy to make space for my N64 and plug it in.  No Mercy is easily accessible.  The Day of Reckoning games were needlessly tedious.  Best wrestling games for their time... but tedious nonetheless.

I also liked Day of Reckoning 1 over 2.  I think it was because it just seemed like a better improvement over the previous title while part 2 was disappointing in too many areas.

Sometimes I wish AKI would come work for Nintendo and just make wrestling games for them all the time.   =P~

Note: If you check gamefaqs, I've got a CAW guide on there for Day of Reckoning 2.   ;)

The story mode in no mercy WAS fantastic, I'll give you that. I really did like the story mode in DOR2 though. what did you find tedious specifically about the DOR games?

Offline DrZaius

• Professional Gorilla
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 04, 2021, 03:00:26 PM
  • Ook ook!
    • DrZaius Site for MUGEN and Minecraft
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 03:35:23 AM »
The long load times, the create-a-whatever modes that were too detailed and complicated and not balanced enough to be as enjoyable as they should be, the retarded AI (which was tedious to watch)...

No Mercy is just a better package, even with it's occasional slowdown and ugly Titantron "videos".

My MUGEN site.
Honestly, people need to stop using 4Shared.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 15, 2008, 03:05:00 AM »
I dunno. I still feel that the wrestling itself, in the ring, was more fluid and fun in DOR.

I do miss the days of easy CAW though. smackdown is ridiculous.

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2008, 08:27:19 PM »
I just wish there was something where you could store and upload saves onto the 360 like you could with the ps2, ppl used to make CAW saves of some of the best CAWs and you'd have them all on one save... Those were the days

Offline George Costanza

• Infinity Regular
    • Heavy Metal Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2008, 01:07:18 AM »
ok point is no mercy best wwe game ever to end the debate ... :-??

no game has really came close i swaer no mercy was a household item every 1 had that game

no matter who u were even chicks had that game no other wwe game has came close not even behind to what no mercy has

End Of Story PERIOD!!!!!

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:18:12 PM]

[BOR] _Avengers United Battle Force_ by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:13:51 PM]

Mega Man & Bass - Dynamo Man by Sir Rousseau by O Ilusionista
[June 03, 2024, 03:09:50 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 31, 2024, 11:44:23 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[May 26, 2024, 07:39:11 PM]

TMNT Hong Kong Stage for 1.0 & 1.1 Re-Release by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 01:44:07 PM]

Captain Commando Stage Pack by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 24, 2024, 09:20:05 AM]

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

* IMT Calendar