collapse

Author Topic: Sign da Final Fantasy 7 360/ps3 remake petition  (Read 1602 times)

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:August 16, 2008, 07:20:26 PM
Re: Sign da Final Fantasy 7 360/ps3 remake petition
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2008, 06:21:48 PM »
personal preference != overall popularity  ;D

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2008, 07:20:33 PM »
FFVII will most likely get a remake, simply because... Well look at the games for NDS.

FFIII got remade, FFIV got remade, so obviously V and VI are next in line. Also, the only FF games I really liked were FFVII and FFVIII... The rest just kind of put me to sleep. FFX was ok but could have been way better, and FFX-2 was just fan service.

FFXII kind of bores me from time to time. Like it just didn't reel me in like FFVII and FFVIII did.

As for Chrono Trigger... I've played that game, and after the bridge boss fight, I just kind of let it go. I tried playing it 3 times, and... the story and character designs never really reels me in.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
  • Last Login:October 25, 2011, 04:13:46 PM
  • Lost My Mojo....Yeah Baby
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2008, 07:24:07 PM »
I actually like Chrono Cross better then Chrono Trigger....(You may now insult me for this comment). @^@
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2008, 07:36:37 PM »
Crono Cross is > than crono trigger!!!

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2008, 07:39:11 PM »
I knew it.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2008, 08:27:22 PM »
 :lies: :lies: :lies:

I'd buy a DS for a 3d remade FF6 like they did the last couple.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2008, 08:42:23 PM »
Nah ff6 is epic. we need big console for that one!

Offline TheMern

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 26, 2009, 01:15:34 AM
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2008, 08:52:16 PM »
I want the remake of FF7 because of the 2 times I played it
I never beat Ruby or Emerald Weapon

>:-(-| I like Cross better than Trigger too

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2008, 09:00:43 PM »
On FF7 remake: I'd rather not. At least not now. There's *enough* FF7 related stuff out there.

On Chrono Cross: buhhh... not a terrible game, but I'd surely play Trigger over Cross.

On FF9: This was a good game.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline shinra358

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2008, 09:05:10 PM »
the weapons were actually easier when youve leveled up completely and got more boosting sources and the best armor. most of the time they didnt take away more than 200 hp or either miss for me except emerald cuz one of his attacks is based on how many materia u have equiped. hades on ruby makes things a sinch.

cronocross was so magical. they need another crono game with that same fighting system but this time make it active time battle for ps2 or 3 with like kh2 graphics. id never stop playing lol.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 20, 2024, 07:30:49 PM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2008, 09:48:49 PM »
I'm #41017 ... I think I made my point with my comment.  :thumbsup:

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2008, 10:21:01 PM »
I like all of Square-Enix's RPG especially the FF, it's hard for me not to like an RPG.  I would much prefer to see a FF8 sequel or spinoff than another FF7 game.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2008, 11:32:13 PM »
in my opinion ff9 > ff7. ff9 was da best thing that ever happened to final fantasy. i would like to see a remake of 9.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2008, 12:03:40 AM »
What I really don't get is why people want an FF7 remake? I mean, the ones that really want it play the game every damn day, so what's the point? Damn fanboys.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Negi Springfield

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:December 26, 2022, 03:12:38 PM
  • Got some change?!
    • Hokuto_no_Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2008, 01:02:55 AM »
What I really don't get is why people want an FF7 remake? I mean, the ones that really want it play the game every damn day, so what's the point? Damn fanboys.

Offline Nilakantha

• 美少年
  • Infinity Musician
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2008, 01:21:10 AM »
Well said, I still play my old FFs.
Its Touchin', Isn't It.

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2008, 01:46:54 AM »
i think ff8 was a shiiit load better then ff7

i played ff7 when i was a kid and i hated it but then i got ff8

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooweee spent my whole summer in my room

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2008, 01:51:18 AM »
Well said, I still play my old FFs.

Yeah, me too.

Don't get me wrong though, I do like FF7.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2008, 05:32:00 AM »
:lies: :lies: :lies:

I'd buy a DS for a 3d remade FF6 like they did the last couple.

Hell yeah! I agree, FF6 is my all time favorite FF along with FF4..both are way better than FF7 in terms of story and character development. Same goes for Chrono Trigger, best RPG ever as far as I'm concerned. I'll take a remake of Chrono Trigger over any other FF or game period. It will never happen, but we can dream can't we? FF7 is overrated and I wish it would just go away. In fact I think remakes are a waste of time and money...it's better to focus on new games with new experiences than to revisit old material that is already good as is. People need to move on from FF7...been there, done that...it's over. Squareenix needs to get itself back on track and start making better quality games...they are sorely lacking lately. They need to get back to the good old days and bring back the classic FF feel...with crystals and mages and such. I miss the feel that FF4 had...that was what FF was supposed to be. FF6 had technology and no crystals, but even it was light years better than what is made now...it had a great feel to it and I cared about the characters. I hated Cloud..he was annoying and a bad character design. I miss Yoshitaka Amano's work on the FF series..it hasn't been the same without him. Anyway, this is all just my opinion so don't get all bent out of shape at what I said. End rant  :P

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2008, 06:03:14 AM »
They need to get back to the good old days and bring back the classic FF feel...with crystals and mages and such. I miss the feel that FF4 had...that was what FF was supposed to be. FF6 had technology and no crystals, but even it was light years better than what is made now...it had a great feel to it and I cared about the characters. I hated Cloud..he was annoying and a bad character design. I miss Yoshitaka Amano's work on the FF series..it hasn't been the same without him. Anyway, this is all just my opinion so don't get all bent out of shape at what I said. End rant

FF12 has crystals and...well it went back to a fantasy setting. Alot of people went OMG at FF9 which tried to capture the old school style and hated it. I haven't played Lost Odyssey, have you? That "should" in some ways have a FF kinda feel to it. I mean Square does the remakes and sequels to make more money. If they made FF7 they would make SOO much money. I would buy the FF 7 remake and I don't own FF7 (beat it twice). I don't play the game every year and stuff. I would love to see a update of a old classic. Square would be kind of stupid not to make a remake to be honest. I mean look at the success of Advent Children and Crisis Core, fans still love the FF7 world and Square it seems can't do that much wrong with it and it has been over a decade since FF7.

How you feel about FF6 and under, alot of people feel about FF7 (I certainly do).  I mean a FF6 remake not on the DS but on the PS3 would be great as well as I am big fan of FF6. I don't believe FF needs to have mages or crystals or needs to have a traditional fantasy setting to be FF. Here is my question to you, would you take a Chrono Trigger remake over a new game franchise that Square would make?

Offline Darkgargos

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:October 10, 2017, 12:10:54 PM
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2008, 06:20:50 AM »
They need to get back to the good old days and bring back the classic FF feel...with crystals and mages and such. I miss the feel that FF4 had...that was what FF was supposed to be. FF6 had technology and no crystals, but even it was light years better than what is made now...it had a great feel to it and I cared about the characters. I hated Cloud..he was annoying and a bad character design. I miss Yoshitaka Amano's work on the FF series..it hasn't been the same without him. Anyway, this is all just my opinion so don't get all bent out of shape at what I said. End rant

FF12 has crystals and...well it went back to a fantasy setting. Alot of people went OMG at FF9 which tried to capture the old school style and hated it. I haven't played Lost Odyssey, have you? That "should" in some ways have a FF kinda feel to it. I mean Square does the remakes and sequels to make more money. If they made FF7 they would make SOO much money. I would buy the FF 7 remake and I don't own FF7 (beat it twice). I don't play the game every year and stuff. I would love to see a update of a old classic. How you feel about FF6 and under, alot of people feel about FF7 (I certainly do).  I mean a FF6 remake not on the DS but on the PS3 would be great as well. I don't believe FF needs to have mages or crystals or needs to have a traditional fantasy setting to be FF. Here is my question to you, would you take a Chrono Trigger remake over a new game franchise that Square would make?

FF12 wasn't what I was looking for...just didn't feel right, I'm picky. Never played Lost Odyssey, haven't looked into it actually..may have to. I just wish Square would care less about money and more about quality and try to make games like they used to. I think a FF6 remake will be made for DS, it seems likely after getting 3 & 4. FF6 was my favorite FF game and I like it better than any FF after that...FF9 was the only one I liked after FF6. I prefer FF6 and under...just don't care for the series anymore. For me FF just isn't the same without the fantasy feeling, It shouldn't be sci-fi..that just feels wrong to me. FF has become all sci-fi and all CG movie like and less like a actual game, that bores me to death and it's sad. About your question, hmmmm it depends on the new franchise and it's quality and everything about it. I would love a remake of Chrono Trigger, but it's pretty good as is and doesn't really need a remake. I doubt a remake would be that good anyway since I have lost faith in Square, but Dragon Quest 8 was fun so if it was made like that I would be happy. Personally, they should make a new game in the Chrono series..at least one more.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2008, 06:23:48 AM »

FF12 has crystals and...well it went back to a fantasy setting. Alot of people went OMG at FF9 which tried to capture the old school style and hated it. I haven't played Lost Odyssey, have you? That "should" in some ways have a FF kinda feel to it. I mean Square does the remakes and sequels to make more money. If they made FF7 they would make SOO much money. I would buy the FF 7 remake and I don't own FF7 (beat it twice). I don't play the game every year and stuff. I would love to see a update of a old classic. Square would be kind of stupid not to make a remake to be honest. I mean look at the success of Advent Children and Crisis Core, fans still love the FF7 world and Square it seems can't do that much wrong with it and it has been over a decade since FF7.

How you feel about FF6 and under, alot of people feel about FF7 (I certainly do).  I mean a FF6 remake not on the DS but on the PS3 would be great as well as I am big fan of FF6. I don't believe FF needs to have mages or crystals or needs to have a traditional fantasy setting to be FF. Here is my question to you, would you take a Chrono Trigger remake over a new game franchise that Square would make?

Y'know, there's also the debate over how much money it'd cost to make the game. I mean with the DS ports, it didn't really cost Square much to make those games because the technology has been around for years. Now with a remake, they'd have to do everything all over again from the ground up which would cost them a lot of money, no matter how much they'd make from the game.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2008, 08:58:48 AM »
I'd rather have a remake of just about anything right now because square hasn't really done it for me in like 5 or 6 years.  8)

Offline The Great Matsutzu

• Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:April 17, 2009, 10:03:33 AM
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2008, 12:50:19 PM »
I know this is gonna sound odd, but I'm fine with the original FF7. While a remake would be cool, there's just something about the original game for the PS that keeps me going back to it.

I'm an odd duck.  :-??

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2008, 02:07:28 PM »
FF12 wasn't what I was looking for...just didn't feel right, I'm picky. Never played Lost Odyssey, haven't looked into it actually..may have to. I just wish Square would care less about money and more about quality and try to make games like they used to. I think a FF6 remake will be made for DS, it seems likely after getting 3 & 4. FF6 was my favorite FF game and I like it better than any FF after that...FF9 was the only one I liked after FF6. I prefer FF6 and under...just don't care for the series anymore. For me FF just isn't the same without the fantasy feeling, It shouldn't be sci-fi..that just feels wrong to me. FF has become all sci-fi and all CG movie like and less like a actual game, that bores me to death and it's sad.

Well you can't really say that it has become all Sci-Fi when 12 wasn't and "11" wasn't either. I can see why Sqaure is going the Sci-Fi Fantasy, it is kind of a tradition the past 3 new gen games. 7 did it, 10 did it and now 13. I expect 14 to have traditional fantasy setting like FF9 and 12. I will say this about games from FF 1-6 (with the exception of 9) is that those games were light hearted and didn't take itself too seriously. 7, 8 and 10 were kinda dark and not as funny and 12 was just all politics but maintains the seriousness of the recent titles. I would say starting from 6 on, the cut scenes starting going up. With the tech today, it is hard not to make it like a CG movie since the graphics now are pretty up there. If classic FF titles and other classic RPG titles were remade for the PS3 or 360, it would have a CG movie feel due to the graphics, but it shouldn't change the story if the story and dialog were the same, so the feeling IMO should be the same, despite the graphics. I feel if Square had the same tech they have now at the time they made ff 1-6, it would have a CG movie feel to them too. However I do understand how people would look down at the newer FF titles as I do agree they have a different feel to them. I mean yea Square is doing it for the money, but also again they are doing FF 7 stuff for the fans IMO. It took them years to really start up the FF 7 stuff again.
About your question, hmmmm it depends on the new franchise and it's quality and everything about it. I would love a remake of Chrono Trigger, but it's pretty good as is and doesn't really need a remake. I doubt a remake would be that good anyway since I have lost faith in Square, but Dragon Quest 8 was fun so if it was made like that I would be happy. Personally, they should make a new game in the Chrono series..at least one more.

Well you know nothing about the new franchise in the scenario. I mean would I take The Last Remnant over most remakes of most FF games except, FF 6-7 and Chrono Trigger. I view remakes in video games differently then movie remakes. Game remakes especially games that have been made since the PS1 and are popular, are hard to screw up. You have the same characters, the same layout and the same story. There would probably a few extra goodies, little dialog changes here or there, maybe a extra scene or two, but outside of that, the game would basically be the same story wise. I would doubt they would change the game play too much. I mean I would trust Square with the remakes of FF7 and Chrono Trigger, FF 3 looks great and FF 4 remake looks awsome.

Y'know, there's also the debate over how much money it'd cost to make the game. I mean with the DS ports, it didn't really cost Square much to make those games because the technology has been around for years. Now with a remake, they'd have to do everything all over again from the ground up which would cost them a lot of money, no matter how much they'd make from the game.

You're right, but I doubt they would lose money making a FF 7 remake. You got many of the old fans who want it, it could draw new fans and people who might buy it later on when it gets cheaper or just go what the hell cause they liked FF 7 but waited to buy it to see what they did. What I think is that the money they would spend making a new FF game, would go to FF 7. I suspect that only FF 13 and 14 would be made this generation with 7 being in between the two games. They make 3 FF games per generation (1-3 NES, 4-6 SNES, 7-9 PS1, 10-12 PS2, XBOX, 360 and PC). FF 7 would be a one of the 3 FF games despite being a remake. Who knows, Sony might even throw in some of its money to making a FF 7 remake. You're right money would be a issue, but not as big issue as you might think.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2008, 02:18:14 PM by Theendgamelv3 »

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare