collapse

Author Topic: Cloud VS Link Who'll Win?  (Read 2880 times)

animugen

Re: Cloud VS Link Who'll Win?
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »
Seeing Link and Cloud Teaming up would equal a Huge Ownage over any other character in existance even the DBZ chars wouldn't beat them if they were together and image Sephiroth and Ganondorf Teamed up Along with Cloud and Link.Then no one would be able to them defeat no matter what.

Super Sonic could, he's invincible :P

Until he runs out of rings that is. :P

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2008, 04:05:45 PM »
One more thing is, The Master Sword is the sword of evil bane. Cloud isn't exactly the kind of guy that I would call evil. A guy who saved the planet 2 times. Sure I can understand why the MS would work against Ganondorf. The only way I can think it's possible for Link to kill Cloud is if Cloud were possessed by Jenova (which only happened like 2 times). As far as Link's Triforce. Well, I'm sure Hojo's experiments on Cloud made him way more powerful (I mean hell, they made Vincent strong enough to move the entire planet in his Chaos Weapon form).

This is True.

cloud
im a big FFanything fan

i have never really been a link fan
never really got into the games

Oh I get it, Then Link wins because I have played more of his games...that simple. :P

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
  • Last Login:June 27, 2018, 08:24:27 AM
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2008, 04:07:47 PM »
Seeing Link and Cloud Teaming up would equal a Huge Ownage over any other character in existance even the DBZ chars wouldn't beat them if they were together and image Sephiroth and Ganondorf Teamed up Along with Cloud and Link.Then no one would be able to them defeat no matter what.

Yeah, haha, then Knuckles could come in and Sonic can get some more rings... Final Hazard style (except with Knuckles because he's better than Shadow) :P

Okay, that went a bit  >:-(-| haha

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

animugen

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2008, 04:09:47 PM »

Yeah, haha, then Knuckles could come in and Sonic can get some more rings... Final Hazard style (except with Knuckles because he's better than Shadow) :P

Okay, that went a bit  >:-(-| haha

True.This isn't Link or Cloud VS Sonic this is Cloud Vs Link.Maybe I'll start up a Topic on which character you think pwns/owns any other character.

>:-(-|

Shadow is More Kick@$$ then Knuckles.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2008, 05:09:54 PM »

Okay, that went a bit  >:-(-| haha

True.This isn't Link or Cloud VS Sonic this is Cloud Vs Link.Maybe I'll start up a Topic on which character you think pwns/owns any other character.

>:-(-|

Shadow is More Kick@$$ then Knuckles.
Eventually superman would kill everyone.

animugen

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2008, 05:31:09 PM »
Well this topic seems to be going way  >:-(-|.So I might as well start the other topic then.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 22, 2024, 11:46:19 PM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2008, 05:41:49 PM »
Im about to make a whole lot of peps mad ;D

hey Theendgamelv3  u want to separate Cloud by timeline fine lets to the same for LinK

OMG when u do this to Link he aint na'n but a puck @$$ beach.

In allmost er Zelda Link is a brand new Character with no connection to the other adventures(DO THE RESERACH.) Meaning that he unlike clould has no battle exp what so every. By the end of one of the adventure he couldn't beat Cloud.

Y

Cuz put Clould at the end of his adventure  . . . . On wait the end of FF7, or the FF7AVC.

Poor Link :'(

That why U sum all these stories up as a collection and to make far 4 our Fighters Swords only (Shield too) Barebone.

Link is a swordmater and Cloud a juggernut

. . . . . . . . . .  u want me to go on >:D

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2008, 05:44:21 PM »
Whew After Reading all that  #:-S Man you guys sure do know your stuff.Ok How about Twilight Princess Link Vs Advent Children Cloud?They both Matured and became stronger.So how about a straight up fight between the two?Like a one on One Sword Fight?(Link keeps his sheild since the buster sword is bigger and heavier than the master sword)Or maybe both of them could battle with everything they have Magic and Abilities and such.It's up to you guys.But I personally would refer a one on one sword fight between the two.Anyway there are so many Zelda games and Final Fantasy VII games there's no sure clear way that one could beat the other.They could be equally matched.I mean

Cloud:Defeated The Greatest Swordsman that can destroy the planet Twice,Carries a Large Sword,Can Fly,and use Magic.

Link:Obtains the Triforce,Defeats Ganon despise him coming back better and stronger,Uses all kinds of equipment to help him in almost situation,and can use Magic as well.

Anyone can add in anything I missed or correct any errors I made.Anyway I still cannot decide.But so far now Link is winning since he's got more votes.

And guys please don't argue about this though.I'm only asking for opinions and votes.But continue to discuss as you please.But no saying that something is overrated or bashing since someone may get angry.

Thanks  :) Carry on the topic if you may......

The problem with that argument is the fact that all Links are not the same. Even though TP Link is the latest one, he still doesn't have the experience that Cloud.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

animugen

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2008, 05:45:41 PM »
Whew After Reading all that  #:-S Man you guys sure do know your stuff.Ok How about Twilight Princess Link Vs Advent Children Cloud?They both Matured and became stronger.So how about a straight up fight between the two?Like a one on One Sword Fight?(Link keeps his sheild since the buster sword is bigger and heavier than the master sword)Or maybe both of them could battle with everything they have Magic and Abilities and such.It's up to you guys.But I personally would refer a one on one sword fight between the two.Anyway there are so many Zelda games and Final Fantasy VII games there's no sure clear way that one could beat the other.They could be equally matched.I mean

Cloud:Defeated The Greatest Swordsman that can destroy the planet Twice,Carries a Large Sword,Can Fly,and use Magic.

Link:Obtains the Triforce,Defeats Ganon despise him coming back better and stronger,Uses all kinds of equipment to help him in almost situation,and can use Magic as well.

Anyone can add in anything I missed or correct any errors I made.Anyway I still cannot decide.But so far now Link is winning since he's got more votes.

And guys please don't argue about this though.I'm only asking for opinions and votes.But continue to discuss as you please.But no saying that something is overrated or bashing since someone may get angry.

The problem with that argument is the fact that all Links are not the same. Even though TP Link is the latest one, he still doesn't have the experience that Cloud.

What I thought the Twilight Princess Link was the Same one from Ocarina Of Time.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2008, 05:48:09 PM »
Im about to make a whole lot of peps mad ;D

hey Theendgamelv3  u want to separate Cloud by timeline fine lets to the same for LinK

OMG when u do this to Link he aint na'n but a puck @$$ beach.

In allmost er Zelda Link is a brand new Character with no connection to the other adventures(DO THE RESERACH.) Meaning that he unlike clould has no battle exp what so every. By the end of one of the adventure he couldn't beat Cloud.

Y

Cuz put Clould at the end of his adventure  . . . . On wait the end of FF7, or the FF7AVC.

Poor Link :'(

That why U sum all these stories up as a collection and to make far 4 our Fighters Swords only (Shield too) Barebone.

Link is a swordmater and Cloud a juggernut

. . . . . . . . . .  u want me to go on >:D

No Allmost all Links are different >:P

animugen

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2008, 05:50:55 PM »
That Sux monkey balls.

Offline [Asian-Jesus]

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 04, 2012, 05:37:23 AM
  • WHO WAS PHONE?
« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2008, 05:52:18 PM »

What I thought the Twilight Princess Link was the Same one from Ocarina Of Time.

Same universe, different Link.
You are now the final object of the 2538. Bring them together, and show us your smile.

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • The trend setter
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2008, 05:58:30 PM »
NOW, NOW, What [-X

Link is  over with >:D

Its only one oppion left 4 Link fanboy :D

Edit:

Whats my sig say; dont mess with Rage!  Rage was nice yasterday but now Rage is >:(

:DxDie

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2008, 08:26:21 PM »
Ugh... this topic sucks now. Reread my previous post :P

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

animugen

« Reply #89 on: March 28, 2008, 01:11:34 AM »
Ugh... this topic sucks now. Reread my previous post :P

Why because it got old?

Offline megaman781

• Initiate
  • Last Login:September 07, 2018, 11:58:50 PM
  • Capcom baby!!!
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: March 29, 2008, 03:52:06 AM »
well isnt cloud able to defeat that sephiroth dude, and he is freakishly strong?well i dont know link is tough too.
Damn!!

animugen

« Reply #91 on: March 29, 2008, 12:36:04 PM »
Yeah pretty Much.I think it be awesome though just to see them duke it out.

Offline Theendgamelv3

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 08:15:31 AM
  • Get the hell out of my way!
    • San Diego Animanga
« Reply #92 on: March 30, 2008, 07:47:41 AM »
Which Cloud are we talking about here, AC Cloud or FF7 Cloud? AC Cloud has much more battle experience and his sword/s is much better. Now I see alot of people saying who would win, but WHY would they win? I saw that someone said that Link was a better swordsman, why? Cloud stood toe to toe twice with one of the greatest warriors and possibly best swordsman in FF7 history and walked away (although the 2nd time around, Seph was toying with him at the end). If we're going barebones, I probably go with Cloud, unless Link has proven he can move unbelievably fast without help. What abilities does his sword and shield give him without extras? Basically we need more info on Link's natural abilities and Cloud's natural abilities and what stuff does each guy have and what can it do without power ups aka material and magical items.
We're talking about Cloud in general.
FFVII, AC, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis and any other FFVII titles made by Square Enix are all canon. Thus it's all the same Cloud.

Aha, but it isn't the same Cloud. Cloud has matured alot since the start of FF7 to AC. Due to these experiences, he in some ways is a different character due to his growth and battle experience. Going by what you're saying, Cloud in Crisis Core should be able to stand up and might be able to beat Sephiroth, which IMO he probably couldn't. Due to amount of differences between FF7 Cloud (in the beginning) and AC Cloud it could be argued that FF7 MIGHT lose to Link, where as a much more battle harden mature Cloud with a superior sword/s could defeat Link. Also throughout FF7 Cloud learns new techs (limit breaks) that serves him later on in the game and in the movie (I do believe that he did use a upgraded Onmislash against Seph). Take these things into account, FF7 Cloud and AC Cloud could be in some ways a different character.
But it's not a different character. He is Cloud, what he experiences is what he experiences, nobody else. That's like saying Link is two different characters before he gets all his weapons and gear, and afterwards.

I am not saying he is a completely different character. In Smash brothers, there was Young Link and Link right, yet they are both Link. Both Links are just in different stages of the development. I am basically arguing what stage of Cloud's development do you want to go by, when he was in FF7 or in AC.

I think it MIGHT be unfair if Cloud has materia. He would have summons, ultima, etc. He would be just too much for Link, unless Links magical items could easily stand up to Cloud's materia.

animugen

« Reply #93 on: March 30, 2008, 05:21:23 PM »
Well this topic's old but it looks as thought Link is winning.

Offline Barrysun

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 10, 2011, 06:08:35 PM
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2008, 07:01:46 PM »
as for me, I would safly say Link would beat Cloud.
heck, during my early mugen video making days, I've been pwning many different versions of Cloud with Link.
but if they really are going at it, would Link grab a smash ball and use his triforce slash on Cloud and deal tons of damage to cloud.
I can't wait for Yamakuchi's version who we can have the true battle with Link vs Cloud in mugen.

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2008, 07:11:20 PM »
as for me, I would safly say Link would beat Cloud.
heck, during my early mugen video making days, I've been pwning many different versions of Cloud with Link.
but if they really are going at it, would Link grab a smash ball and use his triforce slash on Cloud and deal tons of damage to cloud.
I can't wait for Yamakuchi's version who we can have the true battle with Link vs Cloud in mugen.
Triforce Slash was a messed up rip-off of Omnislash... It even ends with slash. I think Cloud's Omnislash might actually do way more damage. Also Ike's final smash rips off of Squalls last limit break. I think it was messed up how they had to rip off Final Fantasy for characters Final Smash attacks.

I hope Yamakichi's Cloud as Reu style ai.  >:D

Offline R.I.C.O - Teros

• Stage Creator
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2008, 07:59:43 PM »
Triforce Slash was a messed up rip-off of Omnislash... It even ends with slash. I think Cloud's Omnislash might actually do way more damage. Also Ike's final smash rips off of Squalls last limit break. I think it was messed up how they had to rip off Final Fantasy for characters Final Smash attacks.

Moves like that have been done before the FF games. From where, I don't know. However, I do know that they aren't original enough to be declared anything spectacular... so really Link's & Ike's FS aren't "rip-offs". Seriously, since when has slashing in an awesome looking combo called original? :D

Getting a mushroom and growing huge! Now that, is original! :P

My Mugen stages, etc.
The Lair Zone

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2008, 09:26:35 PM »

Moves like that have been done before the FF games. From where, I don't know. However, I do know that they aren't original enough to be declared anything spectacular... so really Link's & Ike's FS aren't "rip-offs". Seriously, since when has slashing in an awesome looking combo called original? :D

Getting a mushroom and growing huge! Now that, is original! :P
I'm not the first person to say it. In fact I don't think I'm the second.
I don't want to completely repost what I said in the first page so

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=11395.0

and

Ike's "Great Aether"

He launches the enemy into the air and strikes them several times to come down for a final blow
Squalls "lionhart"

launches the enemy into the air, strikes them several times and does a final strike just like Ike does in his Great Aether.
:/ The proofs kind of there in visual format.

animugen

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2008, 09:55:21 PM »
Heck Naw your telling the Truth.Doesn't Square even care that Nintendo Copied their Lion Heart With Ike's Final Smash? /:O

Offline Akeme

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:March 15, 2010, 11:16:35 PM
« Reply #99 on: April 01, 2008, 04:17:57 AM »
Heck Naw your telling the Truth.Doesn't Square even care that Nintendo Copied their Lion Heart With Ike's Final Smash? /:O
It seems like they dont ;)

"Since when thy become the bad guy"

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Street Fighter 1 Ultimate Ryu by ELECTRO
[May 22, 2024, 03:58:25 PM]

China Town (Revenge of Shinobi) by Lord_Enemil
[May 22, 2024, 03:02:10 PM]

Neon Light Force Demo by Uche_of_IMT
[May 22, 2024, 10:21:37 AM]

Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes REMAKE Game Update 1.3.0 - N.A.O.H. by Uche_of_IMT
[May 21, 2024, 11:50:20 PM]

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by kobun
[May 21, 2024, 02:05:24 AM]

Let's all try it together! Yazawanainn gose breakdancing in MUGEN! by GTFoxN6Y
[May 18, 2024, 05:00:14 PM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[May 18, 2024, 11:17:34 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare