collapse

Author Topic: X-Men: Days of Future Past  (Read 6603 times)

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
Re: X-Men: Days of Future Past
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 11:10:20 PM »
and in the end he had little Wanda on his lap! He will def. be back in Apocalypse!!!

LOL @ Wolverine and his X-Friends (now with more 'friendly' screen time!)

But seriously remember that topic we did as to who in the comic world is the most powerful??? this movie cements Mangeto's position! B-A-D-A-S-S

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 15, 2024, 05:26:24 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2014, 06:32:26 AM »
Yeah I read somewhere that the little girl isn't Wanda, it might be Polaris,
Wanda is pietros twin sister, I'm pretty sure Bryan singer confirmed that she wasn't in the movie and hinted that the girl was someone else

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2014, 09:09:00 AM »
Hollywood will be Hollywood, just think of it as an ALTERNATE UNIVERSE i like to call it Earth-90210 lol

but seriously Zvitor u didnt even like Quicksilver?!
i liked quicksilver, i liked first fight scene,
but overall is a bad movie.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Twinimage

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 06, 2020, 01:45:48 PM
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2014, 09:10:51 AM »
Yeah I read somewhere that the little girl isn't Wanda, it might be Polaris,
Wanda is pietros twin sister, I'm pretty sure Bryan singer confirmed that she wasn't in the movie and hinted that the girl was someone else

I read that as well. I read there was a scene where a teen age sister was mentioned but never seen and that scene was cut out. As small a part that Quicksilver had in the movie it wouldn't have been worth mentioning he had a sister, because it wouldn't have mattered in the story and only comic fans would see it as significant. She may appear in the next film if there's a purpose for her in the story. But I also heard the next film is set in the 80's and has young Jean, Scott and Storm, so not sure if there will be much room for Wanda to do her justice. ANYWAY, ya, Quicksilver is awesome. lol

Offline Cain

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 15, 2019, 04:57:21 PM
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2014, 11:10:43 AM »
My uncle saw it and said " wtf was this" folks walked out on it. They offing characters like they did and no real fighting to me is just plain..Boooooooo! Story is cool but I mean cmon with the action at least...and give some of those characters a really good shine time before gettin offed by overpowered legions of sentinels. Too bad they dont make xmen movies that gives much more to the other characters, in screen time and story like they should. If my uncle, whose been a comic fan since before i was born thinks this one was boooooo material then it def makes me afraid to waste my money.

^^^Finally, someone who understands.   ^^(PM)^

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2014, 07:50:47 PM »
This movie was worse than x3 it was all kinds of bad and the continuity was taken way too far and out of context.. Fox and Bryan Singer should rename the xmen series to wolverine.  This movie sucked on all kinds of levels its sad when a kids cartoon from the 90s that was really corny did this story arch better than Hollywood.  This is an epic fail and Xmen needs a reboot like they did with spiderman and get some first time director and unknown actors to play the roles of the xmen and also make sure the director is a fan of the comics and respects them. 
*Note Soon

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2014, 01:48:16 AM »
esn23 these movies are BASED on the comics, if you want the comic stories then read the comics!

there's a reason why all that you said doesn't happen... because money talks louder than respect!

If the whole entire population read the comic books then it would be different, nowadays popculture is cool and unfortunately noobs watch the movies and that's it, no time for comics that's for us 'nerds'.

it wasn't that bad, i mean even u watched right? even if we all said IT'S CRAP DON'T WATCH IT! you still would, and Hollywood laughs at us.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2014, 09:03:50 AM »
Well to be honestly put SJ bro...these writers and director of the x men movies arent even really giving us fans a solid version.....they just selling us their vision of them. Lol. You know how that can go all different ways.....and has.  Hugh Jackman contract must states no matter the plotline , no matter the flick....he must be the center stone or the cornerstone of it.  Even tho I think they tried a bit to steer ths away from him and more Mystique , I still wished it was more about Bishop like in the 90s toon did it. He was the actual time traveler. After seeing some of it on bootleg...yeah I just had to see it for myself.... movie just left something more to be desired cause of the other characters involved but got axed so quick.  I mean really why have quicksilver in commercials and dude got like only 10 minutes screen time?  I would have gone nuts with excitement to see Warpath and Collossus do way more fighing. I would have loved this flick if was 3hours long and done really good with more fights and characters screen time. Ehhhh I got to see it for free so at least I got a freebee in. Overall for me....its just a cool flick. They can do much better than this though. One day some day will come a director and writers who will make a comic fan x men movie . For it is us comic nerds that made them rich in the first place! \-/o

lol

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2014, 11:38:04 AM »
This is Xmen First Class 2, a movie. About Xavier, magneto and Mystique,

Wolverine role was ridiculous, i tink Hugh are not up to fight scenes after his Accident at W Imortal.

This is a bad super hero movie, and im not a nitpick, i liked Daredevil and Extraordinary League

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2014, 12:20:33 PM »
I'd like to know, putting the adaption from comic to live action aside, do you guys think it was a well made film? For the most part I think it was a good movie. Singer handled the time travel story, juggling the large cast and large scope of the film well, IMO. That's not an easy task. I also was impressed with how the effects for everyone's powers was good.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2014, 01:10:35 PM »
I'd like to know, putting the adaption from comic to live action aside, do you guys think it was a well made film? For the most part I think it was a good movie. Singer handled the time travel story, juggling the large cast and large scope of the film well, IMO. That's not an easy task. I also was impressed with how the effects for everyone's powers was good.

Hmmmmm well made? Ehhh for what it is....a little. I cant give it that much credit to be considered well made like that. He handles the large cast by pretty much cutting them down and out. Never got to really build up to anything with most of them. They were gone out the flick before even getting to feel for them good. If you seen those 2 commercials with quicksilver and collossus and was a cool "oh yeah x men gonna be good to see these guys in"......yeah then see the film and basically they had snuff parts. Just felt like....wtf. so I say singer handled it with the easiest option....do away with folks. It would been more a task to make them shine well with screen time. Quality good screen time. The sentiel fights were vicious but overkill. I get the whole x men vs the end bringer ideology put forth but shoulda been longer film with more development of the characters and usage of them in the huge plot.

As zvitor said tho x men first class 2: Recess.  :D  :-?? But I just feel tons of stuff was missing, robbed of certain content  and put in characters just as cannon fodder. If like 50 years was reset or as if stuff never happened ...somethin like that...then that means all those other xmen flicks are null and void and now we have to start all over with this flick for more to come. Confuskin confusion. lol.

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2014, 01:12:52 PM »
 I have to say this, Wolverine puts butts in seats plain and simple just like Batman does for DC(which is why he was shoehorned into SUPERMAN'S sequel)  just like Ironman/ Tony Stark did for Avengers. Like it or not he is the character that the casuals will go to see a movie even if they know nothing about the movie itself.

That being said and basing the movie of that logic it's a pretty good movie. Yes there is tons of stuff that could have been done better and yes the story wasn't as good but that's because I and many of you of KNOW the original story and how it should be so of course we want our movie but for everyone else who isn't a "nerd"(ha I consider everyone on this site including myself one =P) they're just going to see a movie based on another movie based on a comic that they've herd about.

Is this a good thing, hell no but at this point it's what to be expected from Hollywood because they do have to put the casuals in the seats since they are the majority.

my new one

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2014, 02:23:07 PM »
HEY I love avengers movie......and peoples I know went to see it for all the characters and not just cause Iron Man in it. So I call blasphemy!  \-/o lol. Wolverine 2 solo flicks were tame at best. So I doubt just wolverine will put buttcheeks in seats since this is a team supposed flick. Batman is a solo dude and DC cash cow for some years, Man of steel was awesome to me . Great flick for DC too. But now its about the teams not solos flick so flick will be interesting to see what they do with it.
Casual movie goers barely care or really know the characters if they dont follow the comics or know of them. They just show up to be amused. So if thats who they target then goal met. I just cant give them an excuse clause to worm out of doing the movies right.....even if not solid comic specifics. Just do it right.  Yes for, once I am comic nerdin out. Lol So I get what ya saying eg6 bruh. lol. Nerds and casuals seein the films. Both  are so its ruff when my nephew saw the flick and then goes back to read the storyline comic and he askin me why they changed the good stuff from the comic to ....this. I just said.....movie writers adaptions.....some good , many bad. Lol

Offline eg6gsr

• Contributor
  • Last Login:February 26, 2024, 03:24:12 AM
  • my first love
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2014, 03:48:55 PM »
HEY I love avengers movie......and peoples I know went to see it for all the characters and not just cause Iron Man in it. So I call blasphemy!  \-/o lol. Wolverine 2 solo flicks were tame at best. So I doubt just wolverine will put buttcheeks in seats since this is a team supposed flick.

Hahaha but you know it's true, Iron man pushed all the movies hard after his and I'm guessing DC hope's Batman will do the same for their movie franchise because he is the fan favorite same as Wolverine. Bahhh don't get me started on Wolverine's movies  >:( but their box office would have something to say about not getting casuals in seats and we can blame that on X2 and X3. I would never give Hollywood the excuse to make movies so far from the original material especially when they could just word for word the script and make it live action I'm just saying why they do it. While catering to the masses sucks it does bring the most money but lets be real for someone who doesn't follow X-Men like us do you really think they would be able follow this movie with cable being the one time traveling when most don't even know who he is?

Not everyone was lucky enough to have a nerdy parent,aunts/uncles, cousins to show them all the good stuff so all they really know is the movies which is a shame for them AND us because we are the ones who have to deal with poop and get some kind of enjoyment out of it. I mean look at resident evil it has 5 movies o.O# with another one planned and the first one only somewhat followed the series but it's still kicking because of casuals so they keep making them.

my new one

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »
lol good points and points taken.  :cool

RE movie do good cause its zombie butt kicking. Yeah even tho they done really gone astray from the game cannon big time. lol . I just hate when we gem a couple gems then they shovel out poop from nowhere in comic flicks. X2 is still the only main xmen movie I like. First class is cool but mannnnn they wonked stuff up in that too.  o.O#

Ok now I gotta watch Guardians Of The Galaxy when that comes out. Lawd help me pleeze!

Hahaha I def give ya that about Iron Man .....he pretty much appeared in each avenger solo character film. So on that def yeah he pushed it but it set up for the actual movie. Which is bonus points. lol.  Well I think if it was Cable then it would give him exposure then those who dont know wil then know. Of sorts. lol. I think adding in more of a bit of cannon from the comics plays an integral part cause imagine the casuals tryin to argue facts with the comic nerdies ( us lol ) but then they left pretty much out of the comic reality and just been sold a farce movie. Then the questions ensue and research. Ehhhh its all about the money and not the fantasy anymore I guess. Pure shame .

Offline esn23

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 07, 2023, 02:38:39 PM
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2014, 08:29:41 PM »
Well my thing is is if they called xmen first class and all these xmen movies something else and used different names and powers and just made a superhero movie it would be okay.  But the problem is they are taking beloved characters and killing them off or mis casting/representing them or butchering the story.  The problem is people that are making it are not comic fans like they say, because they butcher the story.  If you got someone like kevin smith or even stan lee himself to direct these films they would be way different with the hollywood specail eftects they way they are it would be so easy to make xmen a live action series.  Also if you look at cartoons like wolverine and the xmen they changed a lot but it was way better than anything i have seen on screen.  And the problem is you get these kids that watched the 90s cartoon without reading the comic or just watched the films that rave about it and they make more crap.  Like I said when first class came out with white trash emma frost and sebastian shaw i would rather see them be killed off then them to miscast or mis represent them.  After seeing this rubish I wont watch another xmen film lets just hope they come out with more astonishing xmen motion comics or a new cartoon :P  I mean look at arrow did they change the story yes but it still stays true to the characters the casting for the most part is good and it has a huge fanbase from comic nerds to non comic nerds.
*Note Soon

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2014, 10:16:26 AM »
If you got someone like kevin smith or even stan lee himself to direct these films they would be way different with the hollywood specail eftects they way they are it would be so easy to make xmen a live action series.

Dude, if Stan Lee made these films, they'd be way different alright, they'd be horrible. All due respect, Mr. Lee is not a film maker.

Kevin Smith has film experience though.
Being a fanboy doesn't mean someone can make a good film.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2014, 10:37:47 AM »
Dude, if Stan Lee made these films, they'd be way different alright, they'd be horrible. All due respect, Mr. Lee is not a film maker.

Kevin Smith has film experience though.
Being a fanboy doesn't mean someone can make a good film.
Yooooooooo lol I might have to agree with that one Twin. Lol. But I will give Stan some credit cause he has more love for his characters than the directors and the writers visions of the story plots. I would say tho give xmen rights to Marvel studios and let them have at it for a try. So far I have enjoyed their flicks made by them.  The directors and writers to make a really well done movie xmen adaption of this scale should be serious fans and as well want to leave enough good content to satify both the casual fan and the comic fans. You have to find a medium of some sort. To be honest...I hated Sabastian Shaw in xmen first class. Everyone else powers i was fine with except Shaws. Glad they killed him off tho even tho it was too easy. lol. Maybe next time or someday we can get a diehard  xmen movie done good and with respect to both the studios for money makin and both sides of fans.  :-??
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 10:47:59 AM by C.R.O.M - Lando XtremeHD »

Offline Twinimage

« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2014, 02:06:02 PM »
The only true example of someone whose love for comics actually made adaption better for a comic show/movie is Mark Hamill as the Joker. But there's only so many nerds out there with film making talent.

I agree that the Marvel Studio movies are great! I question if giving X-men rights back to Marvel would fix the whole problem though. Certain casting/adaptions of X characters have been completely off. And some characters do get a lot less development than others. But that would still be a difficult challenge if Marvel Studios had to do it too. And you know Wolverine would still be in the spotlight if Marvel owned them.

I would like to know how many of those in Marvel Studios are true comic book fans. Or are there a few guys in suits who overlook these film projects and makes sure these things are adapted well.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 15, 2024, 05:26:24 PM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2014, 09:40:50 PM »
I could easily see marvel studios make a better x-men movie, and I don't think wolverine would be the focus as much as Cyclops and magneto, which I would hope would be the way go, I actually liked the Japanese xmen cartoon
where it was Cyclops as the main character, and wolverine and beast as the support, it really showed the team well, unlike these movies where wolverine always outshined the rest of the team, Cyclops is the leader of the team, that's where the movies have failed in bringing the team to the big screen

its like having a ninja turtles movie and making Raphael the leader, and killing off Leonardo, just erks me everytime I watch foxs interpretation of x-men, marvel studios wouldn't fk up the possible 10+ pictures they could make out of the x-men universe, as I said last year when fox had promoted dofp, that as soon as the rights go back to marvel, you'll finally see a x-men movie worthy of the comicbook history

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar