collapse

Author Topic: King of Fighters moive!!!!!! cast  (Read 1443 times)

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
Re: King of Fighters moive!!!!!! cast
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2009, 12:29:09 PM »
Umm... Negi, you forgetting one more...

TEKKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2009, 12:58:16 PM »
Well, funny thing; with Final Fantasy it was made by their OWN company...so I think that one falls into a whole different cat. all together -_-'. As for the movie of topic, I dunno...I've been hoping they would make a KoF movie (though I have to say that I agree with a LOT of your opinions of the actors/actresses already chosen) so I am keeping optimistic. Yes, all (most) of those movies mentioned were pretty bad (some MUCH worse than others) but I've always been a firm believer in giving these things a chance and the benefit of the doubt before condemning them. Besides, I think the question of why not use actors of nationality and ethnicity to fill the parts of the characters they are playing has been answered in other forms of media as well as opening up another counter question: why, in anime, when there are American characters (in their original Japanese source) do they NOT use American voice actors? Case in point, Street Fighter series (more specifically, Street Fighter 2); why is it that Guile is from USA, yet he has had a Japanese VO? See, it goes both ways...same goes for movies I guess. After seeing a movie called The Storm Riders I was convinced that they could make a true-to-life live action DBZ movie, with NO problems. For those of you that haven't seen it, watch it an be even MORE disgusted with that pitiful attempt at a DB movie that was Dragonball Evolution \-/o. I dunno, I know almost NO ONE liked Mortal Kombat Annihilation, but I liked it for the action scenes were okay (and I totally like the girl who played Sonya in the second movie :-[) but, yeah it wasn't 'GREAT'. So, I dunno...I think I'll wait to see some more stills from the set or something. Oh, and by the way, Ray Park is NOT short...and if you want someone Rugals height that is both good at martial arts AND a good actor, good luck with that hunt. And there already HAS been a KoF anime...thought I think SNK should be kicked in the balls for how short it was, and the lack of an English translation (I could be mistake with this point, but I haven't seen it anywhere in my area in stores yet). Anyway, that's my opinion on the matter. :-??

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2009, 01:06:10 PM »
This is an actual real pic of Rugal, Vice, and Mature..

http://kotaku.com/5286754/king-of-fighters-movie-promotional-images

I think I'm gonna be sick.. :-& :'(

Haha, This movie will suck.

Nuff said.

Offline DizzyTheConquer

• Novice Animator
  • Database Moderator
  • Last Login:February 23, 2018, 07:37:31 PM
  • Amateur Animator, Editor, Game Programmer
    • Story-Arc Animations
« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2009, 10:59:55 PM »
No the producers know good well that Rugal, Vice & Mature do not(i repeat)NOT... look like that. Whoever is making this movie needs to stop while they're behind!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2009, 11:02:33 PM »
I enjoyed spirits within, actually.

what's everyone's problem with that movie anyway?

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2009, 04:52:56 PM »
I enjoyed spirits within, actually.

what's everyone's problem with that movie anyway?
The story, the supporting characters are quite stereotypical, and the ending was made of fail.

Advent Children Complete was much more entertaining.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2009, 05:59:35 PM »
advent children complete was a sequel to one of the more favored final fantasy games though, where spirits within was a completely different story that had the final fantasy name on it. I guess I could understand considering it a bad videogame adaption, except that every final fantasy game is different, so this wasn't really based on any game or expectation.

I guess what I mean is, why do people consider this a bad movie based on a videogame, when it's not really based on a videogame?

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2009, 08:13:47 PM »
advent children complete was a sequel to one of the more favored final fantasy games though, where spirits within was a completely different story that had the final fantasy name on it. I guess I could understand considering it a bad videogame adaption, except that every final fantasy game is different, so this wasn't really based on any game or expectation.

I guess what I mean is, why do people consider this a bad movie based on a videogame, when it's not really based on a videogame?

Some of the Final Fantasy games have been tied together though. Square announced that FFX-2 was kind of a prequel to FFVII. You know that kid named Shin-Ra? In X-2 all he did was extract life from the planet to create technology. FFVII had the company named Shin-Ra which did the same thing. I guess X-2, even though Shin-Ra was a supporting character, they wanted to show how such a company was made.

XIII's main character is named Lightning, and VII's was Cloud, they look a lot alike, and they're both named after weather phenomenas. It's probably just a reference, I mean they've made so many references to Cloud in the sequels, but making a main character right out there is a little bolder then a typical reference. I wouldn't be surprised if Enix said something like them being related.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 11:07:27 AM »
Some of the Final Fantasy games have been tied together though. Square announced that FFX-2 was kind of a prequel to FFVII. You know that kid named Shin-Ra? In X-2 all he did was extract life from the planet to create technology. FFVII had the company named Shin-Ra which did the same thing. I guess X-2, even though Shin-Ra was a supporting character, they wanted to show how such a company was made.

XIII's main character is named Lightning, and VII's was Cloud, they look a lot alike, and they're both named after weather phenomenas. It's probably just a reference, I mean they've made so many references to Cloud in the sequels, but making a main character right out there is a little bolder then a typical reference. I wouldn't be surprised if Enix said something like them being related.

...They're drunk...

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »
Well, I think alot of people's issue with Spirits Within (including me) was that it in no way resembled what the fans have come of know as Final Fantasy. I mean, the movie was more sci-fi than fantasy...now had it been made by Enix, I think it would've been understandable (as their flagship series, Star Ocean, kinda has the feel that Spirits Within had I think...which is my probably second favorite RPG series along with Final Fantasy first and Suikoden & Breath of Fire tied at third)...but yeah, Spirits Within just didn't FEEL like Final Fantasy to me at all. Looking past that fact, the movie was OK at best.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 09:58:52 PM »
Well, I think alot of people's issue with Spirits Within (including me) was that it in no way resembled what the fans have come of know as Final Fantasy. I mean, the movie was more sci-fi than fantasy...now had it been made by Enix, I think it would've been understandable (as their flagship series, Star Ocean, kinda has the feel that Spirits Within had I think...which is my probably second favorite RPG series along with Final Fantasy first and Suikoden & Breath of Fire tied at third)...but yeah, Spirits Within just didn't FEEL like Final Fantasy to me at all. Looking past that fact, the movie was OK at best.

so, if they had named the movie something that wasn't final fantasy, like if they just called it "the spirits within" or something, you'd be totally cool with it?

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
  • Last Login:August 29, 2009, 06:23:55 PM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2009, 12:48:08 AM »
You know if they went with Ray Park being Adelheid, I wouldnt say anything. At least the height would be right. Plus the dude has been both Snake Eyes in the GI Joe movie and Darth Freaking Maul. He is at least a cool. Maggie Q as Mai...no...just no. Thats your FAILBOT talking. The guy they got to play Terry is a FREAKING STUNT MAN!!!!! He isnt even really an actor...though on the TBF side of things, stuntmen are sometimes better actors than the real actors. The Never Back Down kid is Kyo...while the race is wrong, at least we know the dude can fight. The guy playing Iori is a daytime TV dude. Thats totally craptastic casting. Almost every actor is coming from bad daytime television. Just makes me sick. Props to Ray Park for being Ray Park though.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2009, 02:24:59 AM »
You know if they went with Ray Park being Adelheid, I wouldnt say anything. At least the height would be right. Plus the dude has been both Snake Eyes in the GI Joe movie and Darth Freaking Maul. He is at least a cool. Maggie Q as Mai...no...just no. Thats your FAILBOT talking. The guy they got to play Terry is a FREAKING STUNT MAN!!!!! He isnt even really an actor...though on the TBF side of things, stuntmen are sometimes better actors than the real actors. The Never Back Down kid is Kyo...while the race is wrong, at least we know the dude can fight. The guy playing Iori is a daytime TV dude. Thats totally craptastic casting. Almost every actor is coming from bad daytime television. Just makes me sick. Props to Ray Park for being Ray Park though.

ray park was a stunt man before he was darth maul. if waht I heard was true, he only got the role of darth maul after showing george lucas how cool he could make the fight scenes.

it's pretty funny if you just picture it as ray park being evil, instead of ray park pretending to be rugal.

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2009, 01:10:34 AM »
i can't get over this rugal guy in that pic. *Iceman ThumbsDown!*
I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2009, 10:01:19 PM »
It's kinda growing on me, personally.

Then again, I'm not taking this movie seriously at all.

Post Merge: July 17, 2009, 10:01:51 PM
no GEEEEEESSSSE = failsauce.

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 11:03:49 AM »
You dont want geese. theyd probably do something stupid and cast like....anthony hopkins as geese

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 09:44:57 PM »
Geese deserves to be the bad guy in a Fatal Fury movie...he doesn't really belong to KOF tbh

Lol...Mature is taller than Rugal  :D

Let's see if this can top the awfulness of the Chun Li movie(i doubt it though...)

Offline Misogi

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 18, 2010, 02:01:47 PM
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2009, 04:54:12 PM »
no ryuji yamazaki or blue mary or geese?

Post Merge: July 19, 2009, 05:03:28 PM
jet li as ryuji yamazaki  perez hilton as blue mary and ben stiller as geese

FTW
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 05:03:29 PM by Misogi »
We Plunder We Destroy We Are Oblivion Mugen Team

Offline Barbary

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: July 19, 2009, 08:44:23 PM »
 ^^(PM)^

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 10:26:05 PM »
somehow ben stiller as geese makes me LOL.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar