collapse

Author Topic: [XBOX] Marvel vs. Capcom 2  (Read 1420 times)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 28, 2016, 11:01:46 PM
  • Hyper Combo Finish
[XBOX] Marvel vs. Capcom 2
« on: November 22, 2008, 11:39:47 PM »
i don't know if i can post this here.. if its against the rule srry but i didn't see a thread for trading games like in M.I.

i want to sell my mvc2. don't really play it anymore because of games like gears2, soul calibur, and gta4 and i'm trying to get a flashcard for my ds :P. the disc is in really good condition and the case and booklet are too(if anyone cares about that). i know some of u think the $50.00 price is too high but i bought this game for $75.00 at gamestop used :o
so if anyone is interested here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-vs-Cacpom-2-New-Age-of-Heroes_W0QQitemZ220317071338QQihZ012QQcategoryZ139973QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 11:56:25 PM by swiziga »

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
Re: [XBOX] Marvel vs. Capcom 2
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 11:45:45 PM »
This post is just fine by me. MvC2 is on my top 10 of all time games too, I hope someone realized the value in it. (I already have it for Xbox)

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:January 23, 2023, 06:47:15 PM
    • AWESOME HARE
    • https://squareup.com/store/random-select-comics
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:24:58 AM »
I love that game so much I bought 2 copies of it. The original Japanese version and the American, both on Dreamcast. I would have bought the Xbox version but Dreamcast came out first (first come first serve?) although I wouldn't mind buying it again since it works on the 360. I'd feel even MORE motivated to buy it if it had Xbox LIVE capabilities.

Now this maybe a rumor but I heard they were supposed to be releasing the game on XBLA and PSN next month. :o Do not hold me to it this is just what I heard. A couple of Gamestop people told me that. They were also saying that MvC3 may come out in '09. I could wait an eternity for that game. If this is true wild horses couldn't keep me from getting an iron grip on it. By now I have my theories that Capcom is going to release another versus series game but I am not holding my breathe. The fan demand is high though.
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 12:33:20 AM »
yeah i've heard the rumors and seen topics about it being rated T for teen for 360, but there hasn't been an official confirmation from Microsoft so no one knows for sure yet. if capcom made mvc3 i would be sooooo happy [-O< they just might too since they seem to be interested in making more fighting games with other ppl after developing Capcom vs Tatsunoko

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
    • AWESOME HARE
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2008, 12:43:04 AM »
In addition to that I remember reading about an interview that took place, a guy from one of those gaming sites interviewed a Marvel rep. The Marvel guy said they would love to team with Capcom again so they can do a Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Then he added "It may even be coming soon". O_O

It's since been 2 months since I've read that article. Let's hope Marvel makes good on their promise.
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 01:11:03 AM »
I love this game , but already have it for all systems .

I think the trade in value at Gamestop is $50.00 .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 10:14:37 AM »
I love this game , but already have it for all systems .

I think the trade in value at Gamestop is $50.00 .

i don't know :| gamestop ripped me and a lot of other ppl off on game trades (my friend only got $12 for GTA4).  i don't really want to sell it there cuz i'll only get storecredit and i can't use that to oder the flashcard i want. but if no one bids for this and the trade value really is $50, i'll probably trade it in for fable2 :-??

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2008, 01:48:11 PM »
hm.

I get payed wedsnday. I might have to check my finances and try to pick this up.

I sold my old copy for like eighty five bucks, but I kinda miss it now.

Offline Scar

• Dragonslayer
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:July 29, 2016, 10:49:53 AM
  • Cobra Mugen Team
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2008, 01:51:55 PM »
I got mine for the xbox for $20 bucks years ago..

I was shocked to see it going for $75 dollars online...
!!Unite, Mobilize, Destroy!!

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2008, 02:04:08 PM »
hm.

I get payed wedsnday. I might have to check my finances and try to pick this up.

I sold my old copy for like eighty five bucks, but I kinda miss it now.
if u bought this from me u would be doing me a huge favor.

yeah when i saw it at gamestop that day i was like $75.00 /:O i couldn't pass it up though since it was the only mvc2 i saw on sale like ever. the guy working there at the cash register was actually going to buy it himself if i wasn't going to. i found out it got really expensive cuz there was limited copies of the game for ps2 and xbox bcause capcom lost the marvel license. the only version of this game that is not too expensive is the dreamcast one which u can buy for like $25-$40

Offline greatmuta2

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 19, 2017, 08:07:22 PM
    • greatmuta2
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2008, 02:05:35 PM »
if i had an xbox id so get this but i have a ps2 and im allready positive im gonna get this for christmas and also im gonna buy cvs2 aswell i need some more fighters lol especially that im starting back in regular school im gonna need something that doesnt keep me addicted to the computer lookin for stuff lol

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2008, 02:06:54 PM »
You are all lucky guys :P
I want to buy MvC2 but its almost never the pal version.
And when I want to buy that game on the internet i must pay with credit card...
When I want to play MvC2 I play it on a Dreamcast Emulator, but the sound and graphics are really bad (I guess its not emulated good)  
Thats the only street fighter (capcom crossover) game that I dont have.
I wish i could buy that game somewhere at the PSN store if the rumors are true.

Offline TÐZ

• Lazy
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:December 23, 2009, 01:50:22 AM
    • ÐЦÐΞ Z's Site
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2008, 02:29:20 PM »
I got mvc2 close to 5 years ago for like 14-15 bucks and a dreamcast to go along with it for my bday, then I burned a copy of it.

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
    • AWESOME HARE
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2008, 03:14:53 PM »
if u bought this from me u would be doing me a huge favor.
yeah when i saw it at gamestop that day i was like $75.00 /:O i couldn't pass it up though since it was the only mvc2 i saw on sale like ever. the guy working there at the cash register was actually going to buy it himself if i wasn't going to. i found out it got really expensive cuz there was limited copies of the game for ps2 and xbox bcause capcom lost the marvel license. the only version of this game that is not too expensive is the dreamcast one which u can buy for like $25-$40

Last time I checked Ebay the PAL and JPN versions go for like $20-$40. The North American versions heavily over-priced. It ranges from $60-$100 no BS! This is assuming you may want a mint condition complete copy with little to no scratches on it. Which if you are a collector like me this would be a priority. I estimate it should be a priority anyway for casuals. After all you are throwing out huge mountains of cash for an expensive item. You want it to be guaranteed for the better part of your life time.

Here is a good suggestion for those that are buying/own the game for Dreamcast. Since it's so easy to pirate games, burn the game then buy it so you can preserve it throughout the years. Hold onto it as a collectors item while you play and torture the hell out of the burnt copy.
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline Nutty-Da-Kid

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 08, 2013, 06:04:06 PM
  • Still Nutpatch but a bit more nutty
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2008, 08:46:55 PM »
i burned my ish (CVS2 and mvc2 on dreamcast) but its still hella rare f**k game stop they do rip ppl off u would have a easier time on ebay or somethin.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2008, 09:16:03 PM »
i burned my ish (CVS2 and mvc2 on dreamcast) but its still hella rare f**k game stop they do rip ppl off u would have a easier time on ebay or somethin.
that's exactly how i feel, was going to go to gamestop but i figured they would rip me off like in the past. so if anyone has an xbox and has been looking for mvc2 plz help me out here [-O<

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2008, 09:31:17 PM »
Had this game for YEARS for the PS2. Took care of. Thought about selling it to Gamestop several times, and then changed my mind everytime. Then, amybe a couple of months ago...some kids were in my room while was out hosting a Yu-Gi-Oh TCG tourny. It was mu niece and nephews and a couple of other kids. I didn't think nothing of it at the time cause I didn't see TOO much wrong at the time (though I did get mad at them cause my mem cards were all over the floor and a couple of my OTHER games were out of their cases). Well, MvC2 didn't seem to have been bothered so I just kinda went on about my business. Well, about a month ago, I go and get MvC2 to let another kid visiting us play (so that he will leave me alone) and what do I find out?! My gave has a break in it that goes from the very center of the disc to the outside corner! And this is a game that was in MINT condition. I WAS FURIOUS! And what do my mom and sister say when I go downstairs to tell them that, and I quote myself, "From now on NO kids are allowed in my room when I'm not home."...I even expressed that I can NOT replace this game (as I had to do with Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition that my niece and nephews scratched up by leaving it on the floor and I guess sitting and stepping on it while we had hardwood floors at the time...my sis refused to replace it saying that I should just, "..let it go. These are your niece and nephews. Get over it.  :-@".............. :-w Your kidding me right? That's really what she said guys...well after a few months I went and bought MC3: DERemix for like $20 and said nothing else about it...). But what did they tell me about it? What did they say about my new rule about my room? They just said, "Jason, please. So, what you don't want my kids in your room no more?! You trying to say my kids broke your game?! Fine they won't go in your room anymore!" Now, mind you, one of the first things I said before I told them about my new rule was that, "I dunno who it was, but one of these kids broke my game that's gonna cost me $80 to replace." So you can see that that was uncalled for. But, meh whatever. I've had to move on and let it go, but damn I miss my game.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2008, 09:49:36 PM »
whoa that's messed up :( i can't believe she really told you to "let it go"  \-/o
i would have destroyed those kids >:(

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:November 25, 2016, 02:18:47 AM
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2008, 06:32:30 PM »
Had this game for YEARS for the PS2. Took care of. Thought about selling it to Gamestop several times, and then changed my mind everytime. Then, amybe a couple of months ago...some kids were in my room while was out hosting a Yu-Gi-Oh TCG tourny. It was mu niece and nephews and a couple of other kids. I didn't think nothing of it at the time cause I didn't see TOO much wrong at the time (though I did get mad at them cause my mem cards were all over the floor and a couple of my OTHER games were out of their cases). Well, MvC2 didn't seem to have been bothered so I just kinda went on about my business. Well, about a month ago, I go and get MvC2 to let another kid visiting us play (so that he will leave me alone) and what do I find out?! My gave has a break in it that goes from the very center of the disc to the outside corner! And this is a game that was in MINT condition. I WAS FURIOUS! And what do my mom and sister say when I go downstairs to tell them that, and I quote myself, "From now on NO kids are allowed in my room when I'm not home."...I even expressed that I can NOT replace this game (as I had to do with Midnight Club 3 Dub Edition that my niece and nephews scratched up by leaving it on the floor and I guess sitting and stepping on it while we had hardwood floors at the time...my sis refused to replace it saying that I should just, "..let it go. These are your niece and nephews. Get over it.  :-@".............. :-w Your kidding me right? That's really what she said guys...well after a few months I went and bought MC3: DERemix for like $20 and said nothing else about it...). But what did they tell me about it? What did they say about my new rule about my room? They just said, "Jason, please. So, what you don't want my kids in your room no more?! You trying to say my kids broke your game?! Fine they won't go in your room anymore!" Now, mind you, one of the first things I said before I told them about my new rule was that, "I dunno who it was, but one of these kids broke my game that's gonna cost me $80 to replace." So you can see that that was uncalled for. But, meh whatever. I've had to move on and let it go, but damn I miss my game.
If that happened to me, heads would have rolled.

Offline Spidercide

• Forum Member
    • AWESOME HARE
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2008, 11:22:20 PM »
Megabyte I would have made my sister replace that dag-on Midnight Club even if it meant I'm not gonna watch her kids. I think your sis got off WAY too easily. Anyway I'm sorry to hear that about your MvC2 that sucks! >_< I'd be burned up about it.

And the worst part is the PS2 version goes for the most of all of the versions! *face palms* Last I heard that thing is priced at 100 bucks! They can keep it!
WRRRYYYYYYYYY!

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2008, 12:30:09 AM »
BTW, guys these kids are between 5 & 7 years old. And they have 3 count them 3 360s and not ONE of them works :-w

Surprised? I'm not...

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2008, 05:05:37 AM »

yeah man. I got mine for free from a pal, and held onto it for years, but within the last year I really needed some cash, so I had to part with it.

I always seem to do dumb things like that when it comes to my games :(

f**k game stop they do rip ppl off u would have a easier time on ebay or somethin.

as a former employee of gamestop, who has plenty of pals that still work there, I take offense to this. I don't want to get into a giant discussion on economics, but this is a baseless statement that I seem to hear an awful lot, especially around here. if there weren't a huge demand for a store like gamestop, don't you think they would have went out of business already?

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2008, 05:33:02 AM »
If that happened to me, heads would have rolled.

Damn straight!

My intentions aren't to burst your bubble and stop people from buying your game, if they really want it on the Xbox they should go for it, BUT, if you are wanting to play the closest thing to the arcade, besides actually buying a MVC2 aracade machine, you will need a dreamcast. Why? Becouse a dreamcast runs on a system verry similar to the NAOMI system(The system MVC2 runs on), the Ps2 and Xbox version werent ported properly and even have glitches that wouldn't normaly be in the game. You can even burn it along with many other great fighting games for the Dreamcast, SFIII Third Strike, CVS2, are just some of those games, just make sure the dreamcast came out before the year 2000, I think it's after July of 2000 when they fixed it so you couldn't burn games. But yeah, bought mine online for $60, it included 2 controllers and 2 memory cards, you should also make sure you have CD-R(W) drive to burn them, I didn't but my buddy here (Zr0) hooked me up, he actually burned me a copy and mailed it to me.  :)

A Dreamcast is a MUST for every fighting game fan!
Coming 2099.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2008, 04:58:28 PM »
yeah man. I got mine for free from a pal, and held onto it for years, but within the last year I really needed some cash, so I had to part with it.

I always seem to do dumb things like that when it comes to my games :(

as a former employee of gamestop, who has plenty of pals that still work there, I take offense to this. I don't want to get into a giant discussion on economics, but this is a baseless statement that I seem to hear an awful lot, especially around here. if there weren't a huge demand for a store like gamestop, don't you think they would have went out of business already?
when were u working at gamestop? i remember years ago i actually got good deals on game trade ins until recently. i once bought katamari damacy for $20 and got $12 for trading it in. lately i would try to trade in a game that costs $40-$50 and only get back 10 store credits like my 2k7,dead rising, and college hoops :(
the only time i was getting a good amount of store credits was when they had that deal for trading in two 360 games and getting 10 extra store credits.

Offline x_mad80

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 25, 2014, 11:28:52 PM
    • xmad's mugen crap!
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2008, 05:39:21 PM »
you want to know what i get every time i go into gamestop and ask them if they have mvc2.
they luagh, and then tell me that they will never get that game in.   :(  witch makes me go to gamecrazy at wich i get the same reaction.  >:P

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2008, 09:57:56 PM »
when were u working at gamestop? i remember years ago i actually got good deals on game trade ins until recently. i once bought katamari damacy for $20 and got $12 for trading it in. lately i would try to trade in a game that costs $40-$50 and only get back 10 store credits like my 2k7,dead rising, and college hoops :(
the only time i was getting a good amount of store credits was when they had that deal for trading in two 360 games and getting 10 extra store credits.

I worked there about a year ago, but I still have pals that work there and frequent the stores.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 05:36:54 PM »
if anyone wants this u should bid to buy b4 time runs out. i think it will be over on friday.
i went to gamestop today to see how much i would get for it. the guys behind the counter were surprised that i would want to sell it and checked the trade in value. i would only have gotten 21 store credits for it, a game i bought for $75. the guys at the cash register told me not to trade it in and to just put it on ebay, i told them i did but no bids. so one told me to comeback on monday and he'll buy it for $50

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 06:02:53 PM »
I think you can get it for more than $50.

Offline Swiziga

• Infinity Regular
  • Hyper Combo Finish
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 06:59:44 PM »
yeah my bro is telling me to push the price up to $65, i don't want the guy to become uninterested and say forget it but i'll ask and see what happens.

Offline MaverickZr0

• S-Rank
  • Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 07:22:40 PM »
If he says no to $65, say $60.
If he says no to $60, say $55.
If he says no to $55, I guess $50. I dunno I'd try to push it by not lowering it to the price he offered first.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar