collapse

Author Topic: spiderman 4 could be a REBOOT ?  (Read 1478 times)

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
spiderman 4 could be a REBOOT ?
« on: July 10, 2008, 10:00:15 PM »
could spiderman 4 be a possible reboot ?

i hope it is spiderman 3 sucks butt, it should be like the incredible hulk requel where the origin is told in flashbacks and reintroduce the characters cuz that's marvel's gonna do reboot the sequels like i hope with fantastic four.

Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline S.A.

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 20, 2013, 07:11:21 AM
Re: spiderman 4 could be a REBOOT ?
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2008, 10:58:01 PM »
I think it will suck too. I heard that the guy who plays Spiderman and the girl as his girlfriend are leaving and there will be different people acting them out. But it is just a rumor.

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2008, 11:09:44 PM »
i read that tobey maguire has expressed clear interest in doing a 4th and final sequel, but kirsten has not. she even stated that she wants to move on and be in other movies.

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:39:14 PM »
i read that tobey maguire has expressed clear interest in doing a 4th and final sequel, but kirsten has not. she even stated that she wants to move on and be in other movies.
Actually Tobey was angry after the reception of Spiderman 3, and said he didn't want to do another Spiderman film, regardless he has no choice because he is bound to a contract.

i hope it is spiderman 3 sucks @$$, it should be like the incredible hulk requel where the origin is told in flashbacks and reintroduce the characters cuz that's marvel's gonna do reboot the sequels like i hope with fantastic four.

The new Hulk movie wasn't a requel, it was a complete reboot, and had nothing to do with the 2003 film. The 2003 film was just garbage, and Marvel treated it like trash, and after a lot of negative criticism from fans of spiderman and xmen's last films, Marvel decided it would be best if they just ran the films themselves. If they reboot Spiderman they better do it right and start out the story with Peter and Gwen Stacey. As for Xmen, they should reboot that by making it a team movie, instead of turning the main characters into some sort of xmen popularity contest.

I think it will suck too. I heard that the guy who plays Spiderman and the girl as his girlfriend are leaving and there will be different people acting them out. But it is just a rumor.

Sam Raimi won't do another spiderman film without Tobey being in the boots of the webhead.

http://www.femail.com.au/tobey-maguire-spiderman-3-interview.htm
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 12:06:38 AM by Violent Ken Masters »

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 11:47:46 PM »
Actually Tobey was angry after the reception of Spiderman 3, and said he didn't want to do another Spiderman film, regardless he has no choice because he is bound to a contract.

Though Maguire has not yet signed on for another sequel, the actor has denied reports that he will not return, stating, "I feel like the stories all deserve to be told, and, you know, if... the whole team wants to get back together, and we feel like we can make a good movie that's worth making, then I'm up for it."

From Wikipedia: Reviews
The film received mixed to positive reviews from critics: on the movie review aggregator site Rotten Tomatoes, Spider-Man 3 has a 69% critic rating from 226 reviews, with a 58% Cream of the Crop rating based on 41 reviews from major news outlets.[65] On Metacritic, Spider-Man 3 has received a 59% rating based on 40 reviews.[66] On Yahoo! Movies, Spider-Man 3 is graded a B- among 15 film critics.[67] In an early, positive review, posted April 25, 2007, Roger Friedman of Fox News called the film a "4 star opera", noting that while long, there was plenty of humor and action.[68] Andy Khouri of Comic Book Resources praised the film as "easily the most complex and deftly orchestrated superhero epic ever filmed […] despite the enormous amount of characters, action and sci-fi superhero plot going on in this film, Spider-Man 3 never feels weighted down, tedious or boring."[69] Jonathan Ross, a big fan of the comic books, felt the film was the best of the trilogy.[70] Richard Corliss of Time commended the filmmakers for their ability to "dramatize feelings of angst and personal betrayal worthy of an Ingmar Bergman film, and then to dress them up in gaudy comic-book colors".[71] Wesley Morris of the The Boston Globe, who gave the film 4 out of 5 stars, wrote that it was a well made, fresh film, but would leave the viewer "overfulfilled".[72] Jonathan Dean of Total Film felt the film's complex plot helped the film's pacing, in that, "it rarely feels disjointed or loose […] Spider-Man cements its shelf-life."[73] Entertainment Weekly named the Sandman as the eighth best computer-generated film character.[74]

It's clear that it did have some negative reviews, but there were tons more of positive reviews...

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2011, 01:10:40 AM
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 12:05:50 AM »

i hope it is spiderman 3 sucks @$$, it should be like the incredible hulk requel where the origin is told in flashbacks and reintroduce the characters cuz that's marvel's gonna do reboot the sequels like i hope with fantastic four.

The new Hulk movie wasn't a requel, it was a complete reboot, and had nothing to do with the 2003 film. The 2003 film was just garbage, and Marvel treated it like trash, and after a lot of negative criticism from fans of spiderman and xmen's last films, Marvel decided it would be best if they just ran the films themselves. If they reboot Spiderman they better do it right and start out the story with Peter and Gwen Stacey. As for Xmen, they should reboot that by making it a team movie, instead of turning the main characters into some sort of xmen popularity contest.

agreed

ps i hope they don't make a sam jackson centered comic flick

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 12:10:42 AM »

agreed

ps i hope they don't make a sam jackson centered comic flick
Ultimate Nick Fury was actually Samuel Jackson with an eyepatch to begin with.

So if they did, it would have to be about Ultimate Nick Fury. Unless you want a Samuel Jackson wannabe to play as a character that was based off Samuel Jackson.

Offline S.A.

• Initiate
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 01:11:34 AM »
I also heard that there will be about 3 more Spiderman movies.

Offline LameLikeMike

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 13, 2011, 01:10:40 AM
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2008, 02:25:38 AM »
i just dont wanna watch snakes on a plane in leather with an eye-patch,  i have nothing against the character, i just think sam jackson is either pretty good or totally horrible in every movie he is in, which if its 50-50 that means he's horrible in like 700 movies

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2008, 02:59:59 AM »
i just dont wanna watch snakes on a plane in leather with an eye-patch,  i have nothing against the character, i just think sam jackson is either pretty good or totally horrible in every movie he is in, which if its 50-50 that means he's horrible in like 700 movies
I thought he did pretty good in Shaft (200 film based off the old 1970's film), and Mace Windu in the SW films.

Offline juelz aka wolfi

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 14, 2022, 06:32:03 AM
  • still no cajones to fight me? fuhgetdaboutit
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2008, 08:02:25 AM »
spider man 4 needs rhino and carnage
sig by jvalent2 what happens to hulk? tell you soon
avatar shield by akeme and darktalbain

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 08:12:33 AM »
spider man 4 needs rhino and carnage

They have Rhino in the video games, and he's not that much of a threat to Spider-Man...
Unless they put in Rhino from Ultimate Spider-man (instead of some bulky guy in tights, he's a huge mech).

Personally I would like to see electro, and carnage.

Electro is just one electrical monster, and in New york city, you have nearly an infinite source of electricity. If Spiderman was in water, he could just lay out his electricity.

Electro is far more of a threat then most other Spidey villains.

Offline thefisherkings

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 01, 2012, 07:28:44 PM
  • Jesus Saves!
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 10:24:13 AM »
Only Samuel Jackson's last ten movies were bad, Jumper was good.
spiderman 3 wasn't that bad.  xmen 3 was painful.
The should just do a marvel ultimate allaince and hopefully cure all the bad movies in one act.
and Justice leauge movie to cure that superman chick flick
This is how much God loved the world: He gave his Son, his one and only Son. And this is why: so that no one need be destroyed; by believing in him, anyone can have a whole and lasting life!

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2008, 10:36:04 AM »
I WANT  to see hobgoblin, and the sinister six.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2008, 11:37:26 AM »
I WANT  to see hobgoblin, and the sinister six.

I agree , Hobgoblin  :thumbsup:  ;*))

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2008, 11:47:52 AM »
Still have no clue why people keep saying Spiderman 3 sucked...

Offline The Notic

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:March 30, 2017, 10:27:21 PM
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2008, 11:49:21 AM »
Why do you guys not like Spider-Man 3, I thought it was a cool movie, I hate people bitchin' about a movie becouse: "It's not like the comics"... They said thesame crap about Transformers, ya'll just hating! I just want to know why you guys think Spider-Man 3 was horrible... And the new villan better be mysterio, he's a cool, he has a funny costume, but his cubes always sent chills down my spine, I be like... "Watch out spidey, IT'S A TRAP!"
Coming 2099.

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2008, 11:50:38 AM »
venom died :-?? and sandman never killed peter's uncle.
BUT i love this movie nonetheless :O*D

Offline BA$

• The guy who notices the small things people don't
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 17, 2014, 09:20:37 PM
  • I want to contrbute for MUGEN
    • follow me at twitter
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2008, 01:39:53 PM »
the only guess it's gonna be a reboot cuz i heard there gonna have a new direction which means different director and cast. <_<|...|
Quote from: Unknown
Thinking.
Why does Dommsday pull the cape out of his crotch though

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2008, 02:05:23 PM »
I still don't see why people think Spider-Man 3 was so bad. Given some stuff did make you go "WTF.!?" followed by a laugh (atleast in my case). Along with Venom being pretty crappy (still don't know why Grace got the role, doesn't make sense to me). Aside from that though, the movie was amazing to me. Sandman was a character that I could really care less about, but the movie just showed his conflicts and story so great that it made you care for one of the villains. Well, I cheer for the villains all the time, but it showed him as he wasn't a villain but more confused on what to do. I would love to just see them make another sequel instead of another reboot of any kind.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
    • My Creations
« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2008, 02:05:37 PM »
That would be so stupid.. they have no need to re-boot... what they could do with Venom is that the sample the Doctor had... that could come back and take over another host... like.. it'll get out of the little case it was in, and all that... that would be so sneaky!  :thumbsup:

Also, I don't know why people said they hated Spiderman 3 either... it was an awesome movie! All of the effects, and...  :rules: .....stuff... lol...

I'm shootin' for Brainiac, too, but they need to change that ridiculous outfit.. I mean.. if he has such a huge brain... you think he would have a sense of style..  8=|

Offline Sub-Zero

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 18, 2010, 11:11:29 PM
  • When i move throught the Ghetto i drive slow
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2008, 09:01:06 PM »
WHAT!?

Samuel jackson is one of the best actors out there

thats blashpemy

i only have to post One video to show u [youtube=425,350]f6csp2fZt2E[/youtube]

and S3 was bad becuz the story was f**ked up and it was corny

• Contributor
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2008, 11:35:15 PM »
Still have no clue why people keep saying Spiderman 3 sucked...
emo spiderman
Symbiote suit is normal suit dumped in black paint
Venom too skinny
Eddie Brock dating Gwen Stacey
Gwen Stacey (should be non existent or should have had Mary Jane's role in the 1st Spiderman)
Peter hits Mary Jane
Venom removes his mask most of the time he talks
Sandman doing crimes only to help out a loved one

I think that about sums it up.  ^-^

Offline S.A.

• Initiate
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2008, 11:43:26 PM »
Carnage and the Lizard have a good chance of coming in the next movie.

Offline Warcueid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 17, 2020, 10:42:46 PM
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2008, 11:47:35 PM »
I personally wouldn't mind a sequel......but in all honesty, I would never watch a re-boot. Its pointless, I had no problems with these last three movies. Instead of a re-boot I thinks Marvel should just bring other heroes out like Thor, Capt'n A, hell I don't know just pick a new hero.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar