collapse

Author Topic: Finally they pushed the right guy!!  (Read 1182 times)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
Finally they pushed the right guy!!
« on: July 03, 2008, 12:18:58 AM »
Out of nowhere,last monday,WWE played a risky one once for all,making CM Punk cashing in his money in the bank against a weakened edge and won the world heavyweight title! :o
Finally they push a talented dude after so many Batista-Edge-Batista...

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
Re: Finally they pushed the right guy!!
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2008, 12:47:40 AM »
you know he won cause Batista Roughed him up right?

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2008, 02:33:33 AM »
C.M. Punk is awsome .  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Heartbreak Kid

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:March 30, 2011, 05:02:45 PM
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2008, 03:42:16 AM »
Thats Karma on Edge lol

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2008, 09:41:53 AM »
I hate CM Punk equally as much as Jon Cena, give the title to people who deserve it like Mr.Kennedy :w00t:

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2008, 09:52:59 AM »
well lets look at this, cm punk has little in ring talent, little charisma, and hes been in the company for about 5 minutes?
all these champions are the same, edge, cm punk, whats the difference? cm punk is jobber level. lets have a different kind of champion for a change, vis or a veteren like hardcore holly
or better yet bring back someone to be world champion like neidhart, warlord, tatanka, vader, barbarian or barry darsow

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2008, 10:44:52 AM »
well lets look at this, cm punk has little in ring talent, little charisma, and hes been in the company for about 5 minutes?
all these champions are the same, edge, cm punk, whats the difference? cm punk is jobber level. lets have a different kind of champion for a change, vis or a veteren like hardcore holly
or better yet bring back someone to be world champion like neidhart, warlord, tatanka, vader, barbarian or barry darsow

Dude Neidhart is never going to be any companies World champion at his age, and his short stockey build. CM Punk is not a jobber, he works hard in the ring, and as much as I hate to say it most of those guys you mentioned were worse than Edge in their day performance wise.

Warlord, Darsow, Tatanka were nothing more than roided up manequins who didnt do much other than body slams and leg drops, and while the Anvil was a "good" mat wrestler he was by no means an Arn Anderson, or Tully Blanchard skill wise, or at least not how he was portrayed as a singles wrestler.

I despise the new WWE but CM Punk is the one bright spot in the company, and he is a lot better wrestler than any of those guys you mentioned.

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2008, 11:52:02 AM »

Dude Neidhart is never going to be any companies World champion at his age, and his short stockey build. CM Punk is not a jobber, he works hard in the ring, and as much as I hate to say it most of those guys you mentioned were worse than Edge in their day performance wise.

Warlord, Darsow, Tatanka were nothing more than roided up manequins who didnt do much other than body slams and leg drops, and while the Anvil was a "good" mat wrestler he was by no means an Arn Anderson, or Tully Blanchard skill wise, or at least not how he was portrayed as a singles wrestler.

I despise the new WWE but CM Punk is the one bright spot in the company, and he is a lot better wrestler than any of those guys you mentioned.

jim neidhart has been WTOW world heavyweight champion like 6 months ago. and even beat carlito and the big show. He's much better than tully blanchard and arn anderson put together, and was rated higher by the pwi as a singles wrestler.
your saying edge is better than tatanka? pfft, edge doesnt do any of the moves that real wrestlers do, all the traditional moves like sleeper, suplex, body slam plus he botches moves left right and centre.
warlord, darsow and tatanka have NEVER taken the roids, which half of the roster today have taken, look at batista, cena, punk, edge and ESPECIALLY HHH (notice the really deep voice after about 99).
im an avid wrestling fan and have been watching for more years than i can remember and the roster has never been as bad as it is right now. long live the 80's and early 90's!!!!

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2008, 12:09:13 PM »

jim neidhart has been WTOW world heavyweight champion like 6 months ago. and even beat carlito and the big show. He's much better than tully blanchard and arn anderson put together, and was rated higher by the pwi as a singles wrestler.
your saying edge is better than tatanka? pfft, edge doesnt do any of the moves that real wrestlers do, all the traditional moves like sleeper, suplex, body slam plus he botches moves left right and centre.
warlord, darsow and tatanka have NEVER taken the roids, which half of the roster today have taken, look at batista, cena, punk, edge and ESPECIALLY HHH (notice the really deep voice after about 99).
im an avid wrestling fan and have been watching for more years than i can remember and the roster has never been as bad as it is right now. long live the 80's and early 90's!!!!

Been watching 30 years now, and WTOW is not a major promotion. Anvil ever beating the Big show is a joke, and your one of less than a dozen people that would ever believe that Neidhart is better than Anderson, or Blanchard. Ive watched Neidhart since the days prior to WWF when he was a Russian symphasizer with Volkov in the NWA against Dusty Rhodes. He's not that good. If you dig him on a personal level "I get that" but dont exaggerate.

If you think Punk is on roids, or a Jobber you dont know anything about him. Warlord was most certainly on roids, and so was Darsow, I know that for a FACT. Look at the rosatia in Darsow, and Warlords cheeks. Classic side effect of roids. Darso took them as Crusher Kruchev in the NWA days, and on into WWF.

I get you have a passion for old WWE but they were body slam, armlocke wrestlers who took breaks on the mat for 10 minutes at a time. Guys like punk have been trained in Mexico, and Japan where real performers entertain.

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2008, 12:16:12 PM »

Been watching 30 years now, and WTOW is not a major promotion. Anvil ever beating the Big show is a joke, and your one of less than a dozen people that would ever believe that Neidhart is better than Anderson, or Blanchard. Ive watched Neidhart since the days prior to WWF when he was a Russian symphasizer with Volkov in the NWA against Dusty Rhodes. He's not that good. If you dig him on a personal level "I get that" but dont exaggerate.

If you think Punk is on roids, or a Jobber you dont know anything about him. Warlord was most certainly on roids, and so was Darsow, I know that for a FACT. Look at the rosatia in Darsow, and Warlords cheeks. Classic side effect of roids. Darso took them as Crusher Kruchev in the NWA days, and on into WWF.

I get you have a passion for old WWE but they were body slam, armlocke wrestlers who took breaks on the mat for 10 minutes at a time. Guys like punk have been trained in Mexico, and Japan where real performers entertain.

the fact that you think blanchard is anything of a wrestler than im afraid you have had your eyes shut for 30 years.
its weird how warlord said he never touched ANY drugs of any kind, just watch the shoots of these guys talk about drugs, they didnt take them. jim neidhart is one of the greatest wrestlers of all time, anyone who says otherwise has their head up their @$$

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
  • Last Login:November 13, 2022, 02:35:50 AM
  • Truth can only be found in the depths of darkness.
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2008, 12:29:02 PM »
sorry to jump in here but i been a fan since 1985 and the only thing that i remember the Anvil doing was being a tag champ with bret and that dumb character that he played for a bit called who?

PSN: R8derboy

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2008, 12:35:49 PM »
sorry to jump in here but i been a fan since 1985 and the only thing that i remember the Anvil doing was being a tag champ with bret and that dumb character that he played for a bit called who?

so you dont remember the best match ever (in your house 16) and you dont remember the greatest faction ever? or his role in helping owen become a singles wrestler?
jim is the greatest brawler of all time!!!!!

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The Hart Foundation vs Austins Team
Bret Hart                    Steve Austin
Jim Neidhart                Hawk
Davey Boy Smith         Animal
Owen Hart                  Ken Shamrock
Brian Pillman               Goldust

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 12:46:11 PM »

so you dont remember the best match ever (in your house 16) and you dont remember the greatest faction ever? or his role in helping owen become a singles wrestler?

&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

the only reason they won that match was becuase they where in Canada and thety did not want to loose bro. if you saw bret's "wrestling with shadows" this was brought up and bret himself said that he wanted his team to win since it was in canada and stone cold agreed. greatest fraction has always been and will always be the four horseman. about he helping owen in becoming a singles wrestler? does blue blazer ring a bell.

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 12:59:21 PM »

the only reason they won that match was becuase they where in Canada and thety did not want to loose bro. if you saw bret's "wrestling with shadows" this was brought up and bret himself said that he wanted his team to win since it was in canada and stone cold agreed. greatest fraction has always been and will always be the four horseman. about he helping owen in becoming a singles wrestler? does blue blazer ring a bell.

oh of course the blue blazer who lost all his matches and got fired, and owen was about to become a fireman until jim and bret pulled him out the shadows, and it doesnt matter who won the match, at least bret didnt have to cry to win his matches like ric flair, he ACTUALLY CRIED when he found out the hourseman wernt going to get a push, they were just a bunch of 'old jealous b*stards' (scott steiner) who had more ring rust than a penny coin.
ric flair was the one who got austin fired, he got scott steiner fired after a promo steiner cut on him again HE WAS ACTUALLY CRYING. the 4 hourseman have to be the second worst faction of all time (worst being evolution), the only thing that pushes dx above them is rick rude.

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 01:10:17 PM »
i'm just going to laugh :D at this and step back becuase it's true what Alexzig said. dont matter what Alexzig, me or any other person saids you are to blind to see what a real wrestler is about. you are to obsess with a person that got his name from throwing a anvil around and claimed he played football before his wrestling career. next thing your going to say is that he is and always was better than bret or his trainer stu himself.  :D but back to the topic in hand, i think that Kennedy should of gotten this push instead of giving it to punk. i think kennedy could turn out to be something like stone cold was with the right push.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2008, 01:20:13 PM by Goenitz »

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2008, 01:48:07 PM »
i'm just going to laugh :D at this and step back becuase it's true what Alexzig said. dont matter what Alexzig, me or any other person saids you are to blind to see what a real wrestler is about. you are to obsess with a person that got his name from throwing a anvil around and claimed he played football before his wrestling career. next thing your going to say is that he is and always was better than bret or his trainer stu himself.  :D but back to the topic in hand, i think that Kennedy should of gotten this push instead of giving it to punk. i think kennedy could turn out to be something like stone cold was with the right push.

I think youre right about Kennedy, the problem with CM Punk is that he is the only one of his kind there, and even TNA is moving away from the days of Lowki, and amazing Red, and Daniels so he doesnt even fit there (but better than WWE)

I really wish there was a promotion that operated like NWA/WCW did from about 87-90 where they did cross promotions with New Japan, and brought in Cactus, Rude, and Vader, and a lot of other top notch free agents at the time. Thats how Benoit, and 2 Cold Scorpio 1st got introduced into the biz over here.

It was a great mix of international stars, mixed with some great quality characters that werent cheesey, who also performed. I think WWE, and WCW later during the Raw is War, and WCW nitro used similar concepts but they didnt last. Its whats needed now

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2008, 01:51:49 PM »

i never said he was the best in ring wrestler, but i think he is the best brawler.
bret hart is the best wrestler ever, followed by curt hennig.
and as for mr kennedy not getting a push, you can thank shawn michaels for that, and how can you say about how jim got his name, when shawn michaels got his name through posing in gay magazines and coming to the ring dancing like a chip 'n dale. Cm punk is good by todays standards, but 12 years ago he would be nothing more than barry horrowitz.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2008, 01:59:24 PM »

i never said he was the best in ring wrestler, but i think he is the best brawler.
and as for mr kennedy not getting a push, you can thank shawn michaels for that, and how can you say about how jim got his name, when shawn michaels got his name through posing in gay magazines and coming to the ring dancing like a chip 'n dale. Cm punk is good by todays standards, but 12 years ago he would be nothing more than barry horrowitz.

Bull, when did Barry Horowitz ever do any complex judo moves, or submissions, or suicidal ariels?

most 80's wrestlers were lazy, boring, and pathetic compared to late 90's standards. Especially WWF. NWA had the Steiners, Muta, Mick Foley, and guys who worked hard, but WWE would take most of them and convert them to their overly choreographed body slam crap (just like Loser Hogan)

Kurt Angle, Taz, Benoit, Malenko, Samoa Joe, a young Scott Steiner

Those are, and were real wrestling performers.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2008, 02:17:14 PM »

D*mn are you a hater .

Sorry that you think HBK ruined your beloved Hitman's carreer . The WWE screwed Brett , & Shawn went along with it . But you act like he did something personally to you . Shawn Michaels posed in Playgirl after he was already a huge star . Playgirl a magazine for women . I really think you are toooooooooo much into wrestling . You believe all the sh*t that they spew out every week . I do remember Brett mentioning something about this one week .  Then Shawn came out & made the Sunny days comment later .

Breet Hart carried the Hart Foundation . Hence why when they broke up Hitman became Huge WWF Superstar , WWF Champion & had a fan following . Where was Neidhart ? He pretty much became a Ham & Egger . A Hart Foundation Lackey later on .

Let's turn back the clock . If C.M. Punk were to wrestle back in the 80's . That kid would probably be incredibly popular . Since no one would've seen anything like his style back then .

The WWF 80's was a world of no talent wrestlers Jim the Anvil Neidhart . Ultimate Warrior , Doink The Clown , The reigning Champion Hulk Hogan really had no skills . It was more about Gimmicks & charisma  back then . Not about wrestling skill . Hulk Hogan had the charisma  , Warrior had intensity like no other at the time . Sorry to say Neidhart was lacking , skill , intensity , charisma , & gimmick . Hence why he became a nobody .

C.M. Punk deserves this . The fan following he has is amazing . Watch the pop he gets when he enters the ring .

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2008, 02:21:51 PM »

Bull, when did Barry Horowitz ever do any complex judo moves, or submissions, or suicidal ariels?

most 80's wrestlers were lazy, boring, and pathetic compared to late 90's standards. Especially WWF. NWA had the Steiners, Muta, Mick Foley, and guys who worked hard, but WWE would take most of them and convert them to their overly choreographed body slam crap (just like Loser Hogan)

your missing bret hart off of tht list. your also missing the point, sometimes things can be over-coreographed and it becomes too spectacular and fake, just look at the rockers, you could guess every move that was coming. if you want a submission wrestler look at kurt angle or ken shamrock, i do agree with you on alot of your points, but you can never take away from bret that he is the best and no one will ever be as good as him, he still has one of the biggest fan bases of any wrestler, even over pretty much all of the current roster.

also DT, the day i acknowledge a comment from you is the day i become pope. your comments are too personal and filled with spite and hate, i dont want to be drawn into an argument with you, so im not going to reply
in all honesty i dont watch wwe anymore, only wwe vintage on a sunday, its just a soap opera now, its nothing like it was, i still like watching old wrestling at its peak from 85-97.
and in wcw until 99, and thats all im going to say now.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2008, 02:33:23 PM »

your missing bret hart off of tht list. your also missing the point, sometimes things can be over-coreographed and it becomes too spectacular and fake, just look at the rockers, you could guess every move that was coming. if you want a submission wrestler look at kurt angle or ken shamrock, i do agree with you on alot of your points, but you can never take away from bret that he is the best and no one will ever be as good as him, he still has one of the biggest fan bases of any wrestler, even over pretty much all of the current roster.

also DT, the day i acknowledge a comment from you is the day i become pope.

Its all just in good fun, my point was that while a lot of kids today have a very dim, and narrow view of wrestling, and dont acknowledge the greats of the 80's, and early 90's that you have to be careful not to have to narrow of a view about todays wrestlers. While Punk maybe part of todays WWE, he's paid his dues, being Ravens 2nd Stevie Richards esque lackey, to going to Japan, and becoming a part of the new crappy ECW Roster, to WWE champ. He's not all that differant than Brett Hart.

I remember Brett being a borderline jobber pre-Hart Foundation for a year or so in the black trunks with the blue stripe on the sides. Had the Hart Foundation not worked so well as a tag team I'm not sure Bret wouldve made it out of that gimmick.

I think youre just jocking your boys too much is all. I F'n love Keiji Mutoh, the Great Muta, but I know his knees are shot, and he aint what he used to be. As much as the mans my favorite of all time i dont expect him to be the champ. The last time he held the triple crown belt was time enough for me.

Offline The Anvil

• Email
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2008, 02:39:21 PM »
you can thank jim neidhart for pulling bret out of that horrible cowboy gimmick, instead it was given to sam houston (jake roberts brother) :D

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2008, 02:45:14 PM »

also DT, the day i acknowledge a comment from you is the day i become pope. your comments are too personal and filled with spite and hate, i dont want to be drawn into an argument with you, so im not going to reply
in all honesty i dont watch wwe anymore, only wwe vintage on a sunday, its just a soap opera now, its nothing like it was, i still like watching old wrestling at its peak from 85-97.
and in wcw until 99, and thats all im going to say now.

My comments aren't personal or about spite at all . I liked the Hart Foundation & I admit that Bret Hart was the excellence of execution . It's really a shame that Goldberg ended his career like he did . If I was being spiteful I would be hating on everything that is Hart because you like them . Plain & simple Jim the anvil Neidhart sucked . Hitman carried the team . That's why Neidhart went from being a Main Event tag teamer to being a mid carder or even less half the time . 

You are being spiteful . You hate Shawn Michaels for what happened  to Brett . Hence why you make the stupid comments about him/the rockers/DX .

Quit being childish & grow up . It's not your life & Shawn didn't do anything personally to you . Yeah for years there , HBK , HHH , Scott Hall & Kevin Nash had Vince in their back pocket . Anything they said is the way it went down . I can't blame any of them for that . They did what anyone would do with that power . But Shawn didn't screw Brett ( he went along with it because he really didn't like him ) But it was all set up by Vince McMahon .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Goenitz

• Infinity Messiah &
  • Infinity Original
    • R8derboy
    • infinitymugenteam
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2008, 02:49:49 PM »
it wasnt the anvil that got him out of that stupid cowboy idea, it was bret himself. he told vince that he did not like the cowboy gimmick and he perfered to work as a tag partner with jim and jimmy hart to create the hart foundation. jim and jimmy where already teamed up when bret arrive and they didnt mine changing there on screen gimmick so bret could be a partner up with jim. here dude read up on them. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_Foundation

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2008, 02:50:09 PM »
you can thank jim neidhart for pulling bret out of that horrible cowboy gimmick, instead it was given to sam houston (jake roberts brother) :D

I remember ole string bean Sam Houston. He and Kendal Windham tagged briefly. I'll never forget an episode at the ole TBS studios of Cornette dissing them on guest commentary, as the worlds skiniest tag team. A. material stuff

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar