collapse

Author Topic: Eyedol (Killer Instinct Arcade) UPDATED with 3rd video  (Read 3997 times)

Offline Error Macro

• Never finishes anything
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 30, 2022, 05:37:56 AM
    • :)
    • Email
Re: Eyedol (Killer Instinct Arcade) Video Preview.
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2007, 05:29:22 PM »
Got the shadow move system in last night (I want Eyedol to be a complete KI character, filling in what Rare left out).

Eyedol now has a shadow version of his leap attack and triple fireballs. Also I nice little counter appears in the corner showing you how many more shadow s you have left.

Shadow moves were aquired after you performed a combo breaker. Then you could perform powered up versions of some of your moves that had a gray afterimage. That was back in 94' when afterimages in fighting games were a new thing. They lost their afterimages in the Snes version:

I also got a proper hit count display for the combo system. Will count the number of hits you dished out up to 80 just like in KI:

Eyedol's nasty infinite from the arcade version will only be able to land a limited number of hits in this version (Though the damage is so reduced by that many hits it was more annoying than broken). However after performing his Ultra he'll get it back if you want to further your show boating on an already dead character.
Dude thats awesome!

Offline obreck2

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 05, 2008, 03:33:56 PM
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2007, 05:35:33 PM »
Compared to most other creations, a KI character shouldn't be any more difficult to make than other accurate characters. Not to say it's easy, but a good coder could code a KI character.

Coding his hasn't been as troublesome as I thought it would. However there are some definite hurdles when bringing a KI character to Mugen:

1. While KI has a large cult following, its not as popular as say Capcom/SNK games. More creators are going to go for the  more well known games. I always feel old knowing the last KI game was made in 1995. Now on to those hurdles....

2. Ripping from the arcade port is a mess. The background disable cheat made it much easier, but the cheat is unstable and difficult to understand the instructions of. Then you still have to get your character's rather large framecount, then seperate the afterglow effects all the characters had. And the afterglow effects come out the wrong tint, since the disabled background is light gray. Transparent effects are best ripped from an all black background.

Glacius fans are double screwed with that ice mist obstructing the sprites. Shame, because he was one of the characters I considered making a followup to Eyedol.

3. KI gameplay is quite different from the standard Mugen fare. No super moves, the KI combo system, combo breakers, shadow moves, and some noticeable differences in their physics (Example: KI characters don't bounce backwards after being knocked up in the air by an opponent, they smack ground like a rock with only a small "no-vel X" bounce up.) Not exactly a good beginner's project.

But hopefully by the end of the week I'll have Eyedol complete and an open source KI template in the process. I'm on vacation and have no trips planeed so, nothing better to do in the daytime.

I'll have to include instruction for using the M1 mame sound ripping utility ;*))

Offline Lightblackheart

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 03, 2014, 10:33:27 PM
  • infinity's personal Dimentional Jester
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2007, 07:15:26 PM »
i now understand

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2007, 07:51:19 PM »
Will he have the "NO MERCY" move?

And when he wins, will the screen "SUPREME VICTORY" appear?

These are good ideas!

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2007, 10:25:30 PM »
Question: Will you be able to charge and then swing his club like in the game?

Thanks DG!

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 01:06:51 AM »
Compared to most other creations, a KI character shouldn't be any more difficult to make than other accurate characters. Not to say it's easy, but a good coder could code a KI character.

Coding his hasn't been as troublesome as I thought it would. However there are some definite hurdles when bringing a KI character to Mugen:

1. While KI has a large cult following, its not as popular as say Capcom/SNK games. More creators are going to go for the  more well known games. I always feel old knowing the last KI game was made in 1995. Now on to those hurdles....

KI was a pretty good game, 'nuff said. Still, look at all the game characters made from pre-'95 games. Liking an old game is nothing to be ashamed of.

2. Ripping from the arcade port is a mess. The background disable cheat made it much easier, but the cheat is unstable and difficult to understand the instructions of. Then you still have to get your character's rather large framecount, then seperate the afterglow effects all the characters had. And the afterglow effects come out the wrong tint, since the disabled background is light gray. Transparent effects are best ripped from an all black background.

I really don't want to rip sprites myself. I'm pretty sure I'd screw up royally. Hell, one of my first character ideas was making a Tekken Advance Yoshimitsu.

Glacius fans are double screwed with that ice mist obstructing the sprites. Shame, because he was one of the characters I considered making a followup to Eyedol.

Good. WORK ON SABREWULF NEXT! Don't and I'll... I'll...
>:(

3. KI gameplay is quite different from the standard Mugen fare. No super moves, the KI combo system, combo breakers, shadow moves, and some noticeable differences in their physics (Example: KI characters don't bounce backwards after being knocked up in the air by an opponent, they smack ground like a rock with only a small "no-vel X" bounce up.) Not exactly a good beginner's project.

Of course it's no beginner's project. As I said, it wouldn't be easy. The combo system is do-able, as are everything else (considering there are a few characters out there that can attack while being attacked. No, I'm not counting the ones using superarmor.) As for the physics, couldn't that be altered by messing with the character's common.cns file?

But hopefully by the end of the week I'll have Eyedol complete and an open source KI template in the process. I'm on vacation and have no trips planeed so, nothing better to do in the daytime.

Of course. I won't tell anyone you're a vampire.

I'll have to include instruction for using the M1 mame sound ripping utility ;*))

Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 02:09:56 AM »
This is great news I can't wait until the end of the week ! I've always like KI also . Wondered why someone never made good versions of the characters for Mugen . Now I see why , they are pretty much a pain . I'm glad your working with th KI 1 characters as opposed to KI 2 . I liked KI one much better !  ;D
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline The Rippah, Roo'Jizah Panzermanathod

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 02, 2009, 03:48:41 PM
  • No place for Panzer to call home.
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 02:21:43 AM »
Yeah. I liked KI more than KIGold/2 as well.
Punctuation and capitalization can make the difference between "I helped my uncle, Jack, off a horse," and, "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

92% of people have moved onto rap. If you're part of the 8% who thinks rap isn't music, sucks to be you.

Most newer stuff sucks, though.

Offline obreck2

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 08:24:21 AM »
Alright ;D

I've managed to create a system that keeps the opponent from dying until they regain control off themselves. This allows Eyedol not be interrupted by a KO in the middle of one of his combos, P2 isn't KOed till after recovering or smacking the ground from a knock up hit. Just like Killer Instinct.

Oh, and I've completed Eyedol's Ultra Combo too   ;)

yes. he can also do his charge cancel, and charge jump cancel.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:48:58 AM by obreck2 »

Offline xPreatorianx

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 08, 2023, 09:35:27 PM
  • I'm done you know where to find me. Click my sig.
    • Deviant-Generation
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 03:10:11 PM »
um how about my propisition obreck? is that cool or no you dont wanna do it? because id be glad to let you beta test my shin lv 2 akuma in exchange for beta testing your eyedol!

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 07:30:51 PM »
Alright ;D

I've managed to create a system that keeps the opponent from dying until they regain control off themselves. This allows Eyedol not be interrupted by a KO in the middle of one of his combos, P2 isn't KOed till after recovering or smacking the ground from a knock up hit. Just like Killer Instinct.

Oh, and I've completed Eyedol's Ultra Combo too   ;)

yes. he can also do his charge cancel, and charge jump cancel.
:o #:-S ;D

Thanks DG!

Offline obreck2

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2007, 09:17:45 AM »
New video:

[youtube=425,350]XGT1v4ns6mY[/youtube]

New stuff it shows:

- Shadow moves. Eyedol has a shadow move version of his jump attack and fireballs he can perform after landing a combo breaker. They're the ones with the gray afterimages. I even added a little counter in for how many shadow moves you have left when you have them.

- Blood. Got all the KI blood effects in, or at least all the ones Eyedol uses. I even incorporated my colored blood system. Notice Reptile bleeds green in the video?

- P2 won't KO in the middle of a combo. They'll KO after recovering or hitting the ground like in KI.

- Better projectile FX. Added more sparks and the all move more at random. Also added in the burning effect to P2 that the arcade KI had when you hit with a projectile. Shame Mario was the only one who actually got hit with one of Eyedol's projectiles... but at least you can see the FX then.

- The Ultra Combo! I thinking of replacing the hop part with a few projectile shots. Any thoughts on that idea?

- After landing an Ultra Eyedol can perform his infinite juggle to add insult to an already defeated opponent. There's a juggle cap on it normally in my version.

um how about my propisition obreck? is that cool or no you dont wanna do it? because id be glad to let you beta test my shin lv 2 akuma in exchange for beta testing your eyedol!

I might be willing to trade betas by the weekend. By then I should have the danger mode in. After that before a public release I want to build in a KI character detection system, for accurate breaker timings, reflected projectiles, etc when 2 KI characters built off my Eyedol mold battle. Letting someone or two look at it and test things I may not have thought of would be helpful.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2007, 11:18:25 AM »
Wow... that really got me hyped up. You are a god Obreck.

Offline Magma MK-II

• Master of Shoot'em Ups
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 09:07:51 AM
  • Every day is night
    • My mugen stuff
Re: Eyedol (Killer Instinct Arcade) Updated: New Video.
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2007, 12:19:37 PM »
57 HITS!  XD||

Will he have the "NO MERCY!"?

Offline Error Macro

• Email
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2007, 05:09:16 PM »
Wow... that really got me hyped up. You are a god Obreck.
Thats why I liked KI, the combo announcer, and the fast paced combos get you really hyped up.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2007, 06:47:27 PM »
 ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^  OMG ! I love this character can't wait for him to come out !

(click to show/hide)

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2007, 06:55:49 PM »
ultra cooomboooo   =D> amazing.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2007, 08:58:44 PM »
Wow you updated a lot in a little time...amazing!

Thanks DG!

Offline DarkMoonWolf

• Last Login:October 22, 2013, 08:58:33 PM
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2007, 03:03:41 PM »
Impressive character.
Like to try him out when he is released :thumbsup:

>:-(-| Wonder why many people found him a ugly and an bad end boss.
I always liked him  :-??

Offline obreck2

• Initiate
    • Email
Re: Eyedol (Killer Instinct Arcade) UPDATED with 3rd video.
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2007, 10:52:20 PM »
New video showing off finishers:

[youtube=425,350]e6REfmE1ITY[/youtube]

He's getting close to completion. Just a few more adjustments, another no mercy move and a universal combo breaker system so non KI characters can escape his combos.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
Re: Eyedol (Killer Instinct Arcade) UPDATED with 3rd video
« Reply #45 on: October 06, 2007, 11:16:14 PM »
Dude , that's Awesome !!!!

(click to show/hide)

Offline Error Macro

• Email
« Reply #46 on: October 06, 2007, 11:37:46 PM »
I love the Matt humiliation. :DxDie

Offline ★Leon★

• Kusanagi
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:May 16, 2008, 01:55:00 AM
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 06, 2007, 11:39:44 PM »
Eyedol is gonna rock  :w00t:
also..
I love the Matt humiliation. :DxDie

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #48 on: October 06, 2007, 11:40:15 PM »
wow poor erick

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline obreck2

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2007, 09:10:46 AM »
wow poor erick

Yeah, but he's tough. Took an impalement and got right back up to throw a tantrum for losing :P

That fatality does lose a bit of its effect on characters that get up after losing.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal