collapse

Author Topic: Captain America (Bucky Barnes) WIP  (Read 2953 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: Captain America (Bucky Barnes) WIP
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2008, 03:00:30 PM »
1940's ?

Before my time , it never happened  :DxDie

I am going by the Cap , that I liked over the years . Just like Batman is not a gunslinger . Neither is Cap .

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Hybasuku

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 23, 2013, 05:06:46 PM
  • Bullseye little Murdock!
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2008, 03:57:43 PM »
I haven't really been working on Cap, but i promise he WILL be finished!
"Madness?  XD|| "
"Tonight blood tastes good!"-Hybasuku

Offline Lasher

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 19, 2015, 10:18:18 PM
  • TINGLING!!!!!
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »
First, I think you should post a sprite of the new design so we could critique more.  This way, whatever you do wont have to be redone.
                   By Tempest - Lasher by Me

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2008, 08:37:26 PM »
interesting that both shots of cap with a gun, are coming down on chutes, or landing. Maybe cap believed in guns while in the air?  :D

I dont know that many of these stories would be cannon anymore though. I mean look at the racist propaganda, and bad demeaning stereo types in these issues.

I definitely believe in saying that the character evolved to the point where he didn't use guns anymore, but in a way, isn't it fair to say that now he's evolving again to someone that does use them? As another plus, it's not steve rogers, thus saving the character some grace.

personally I'm more peeved about frank castle being captain america for a few issues than bucky barnes.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2008, 11:16:54 PM »
interesting that both shots of cap with a gun, are coming down on chutes, or landing. Maybe cap believed in guns while in the air?  :D

I dont know that many of these stories would be cannon anymore though. I mean look at the racist propaganda, and bad demeaning stereo types in these issues.

I definitely believe in saying that the character evolved to the point where he didn't use guns anymore, but in a way, isn't it fair to say that now he's evolving again to someone that does use them? As another plus, it's not steve rogers, thus saving the character some grace.

personally I'm more peeved about frank castle being captain america for a few issues than bucky barnes.

I actually dont mind it, I dont buy Bucky will stay cap for any great length of time, and I dont read much Marvel anyway. I just understand both points of view. Im kinda the nuetral conversationalist. Cap shouldnt have a gun, but bucky cap is a whole new take Buckys like a weapon X or something now anyway which is differant in itself.

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 01:05:14 AM »
well yeah, I doubt bucky will be cap for too long myself, but I don't mind him while he is (closet winter soldier fan, coming through!)

What REALLY bugs me is that shiny outfit ;)

Offline Hybasuku

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 03:53:43 PM »
well yeah, I doubt bucky will be cap for too long myself, but I don't mind him while he is (closet winter soldier fan, coming through!)

What REALLY bugs me is that shiny outfit ;)

HEHE! Yeah too shiny, but also stealthy as Alex Ross (who i think designed the costume) Says!  XD||  I will post the new design soon, and dont come saying that Bucky is right-handed i know that, I just don't want to switch the hand that he uses the shield, and thanks guys for critiqueing (or however it's spelled!) me! Also look out for other announcements, concerning my WIP, or Team Symbiote (which is just me, but i will take recruits so PM me if you want to join!). Also look out for announcments of my (hopefully!) upcoming game, War of the Symbiotes!
"Madness?  XD|| "

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 04:14:15 PM »
intresting wip, i always liked bucky as caps sidekick, hes seems the right person to take over as cap. Any plans for winter soldier or wwII bucky ???

Offline Hybasuku

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 04:45:21 PM »
intresting wip, i always liked bucky as caps sidekick, hes seems the right person to take over as cap. Any plans for winter soldier or wwII bucky ???

If ur asking me that, I might, umm, if I feel like it and people suggest it!

Anyway, Here is the new design. (I put the star on his shoulder but the shininess is covering it!

By hybasuku
"Madness?  XD|| "

Offline Lasher

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 19, 2015, 10:18:18 PM
  • TINGLING!!!!!
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 05:21:38 PM »
Not bad at all....except u removed the shading from his legs and forearms...why?
                   By Tempest - Lasher by Me

Offline Hybasuku

• Initiate
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 05:29:12 PM »
Not bad at all....except u removed the shading from his legs and forearms...why?

Ummmm, I'll fix that up, but the answer is I don't know!  ;*))
"Madness?  XD|| "

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2008, 01:45:11 AM »
that s better but definitely needs some work again.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 08:18:10 AM »

If ur asking me that, I might, umm, if I feel like it and people suggest it!

Anyway, Here is the new design. (I put the star on his shoulder but the shininess is covering it!

By hybasuku

Here's all I have to say . Study , study study !!!!!

When&nbsp; I create a WIP . I try to get as many pics off the net & comics as I kind find . Wolvenom didn't really have jack , so I'm kind of just winging it . But this new Cap guy has been around for a few issues . Look ar different panels & angles of the character & bring all that too life on the screen . Make sure you keep the original shading even if you alter the color . Without it , the character just looks flat & non detailed . The holster form Doom looks too big to me . You have to may it smaller since Doom is so much bigger than Cap . Don't rush take your time , even if one sprite takes you 6 hours . I've been there .

Oh BTW ......
Guns or not&nbsp; , My WIP will take your WIP in a battle to the death&nbsp; ;D

I'm just messing with you . Good luck on this . If you need an example let me know . But I'll make one sprite & that's it . I don't have time for another project&nbsp; :DxDie

« Last Edit: September 20, 2008, 11:18:30 AM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 09:04:20 AM »
You have some starange white areas on him, and the star on the shoulder doesnt look much like a star, you could probably copy one from his chest sprits for use.

Offline The Anvil

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:September 23, 2015, 08:40:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: September 20, 2008, 09:15:20 AM »
that looks about 100 times better than the initial design, but a couple things to think about

bucky is 5'9, whereas cap is over 6'00 (i think hes around 6'4).
Cap is much more muscley than bucky

id like to see the sprite with the shading on the black.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2008, 04:10:05 AM »
OK , apparently everyone thinks I am some great spriter or something . Because you guys keep PMing me for samples . I thank you all for the compliments , but I am really not that good . I will help you all out , you just have to be patient .

Hybasuku was first he asked me last week & I forgot about it because of all the viruses & crap I had in my computer . Sorry some of this is not more step by step , but I always save over my work forgetting I am making a tutorial kind of .

So here we go ........

First off I used this pic to get an idea of what I was trying to do .......

No hold on that's the wrong pic  :DxDie It was this one .....

I first made 2 palettes for the sprites , one in shades of black & the other I was trying to get that shiny look in the blue . The blue one also has the shades of black I need in the palette & the browns I need for the holster . Here they are ......

What I did when I started to make it easier for you is just paste the black legs onto the one with the blue palettes like so .......

Then his sheild plate on his abdomen is different than the Real Cap's so you have to draw that & make the black go higher ......

Looks pretty cool .  Then what I did was copy & paste the black arms & drew down to where the glove should be on the white with blacks & grays . I made the gloves stick out , like they are wrinkled . I covered his ears , since the Bucky Cap does not have his ears hanging out . I also added some lighter gray as highlights ........

Put the stars on his shoulders next & he has a blue stripe down his leg so I did that also ......

Then to make it easier on you I just copied & pasted Doom's holster ( remember I already put the browns in the palette ) But what I did do was shrink it some & redraw a little of it . I used a gun from Jill & turned it the way I needed it for his hand . I recolored it & drew the handle . Then I copied & pasted the part of the hand I needed form my original sprite .....

Time for the sheild . Every pic I seen had the sheild in his left hand & the gun in his right . Most of Caps actual sprites do not have the sheild in his hand at all . So it's really easy to use his sheild sprites & put the sheild in whatever hand you want . I did have to sprite the strap ......

Then I added some final touches , I touched up his face , shoulder & a few minor tweaks for your finished product ......

Let me say that his boots are black & I realize that . But I did the sprite & I liked them red better . It's a quick fix to color them shades of black though . Also he has more pouches on his waste , but I had stuff to do on Wolvenom so I didn't feel like taking the time to sprite them .

To do this edit right in my opinion is not the easiest thing . It took me some work . But I did this since you asked me to . Feel free to use anything I did . Copy & paste whatever you want from my sprites . If you need all my actual pcx files or anything , just PM me . Please do not pass the character off on me . I have too many WIPS now  :DxDie

Good  %%- Luck with this project . I hope this all helped .

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:29:51 AM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Rage

• IMT Princess
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 09, 2024, 11:15:33 AM
  • The trend setter
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2008, 07:37:38 AM »
OK , apparently everyone thinks I am some great spriter or something . Because you guys keep PMing me for samples . I thank you all for the compliments , but I am really not that good . I will help you all out , you just have to be patient .

Hybasuku was first he asked me last week & I forgot about it because of all the viruses & crap I had in my computer . Sorry some of this is not more step by step , but I always save over my work forgetting I am making a tutorial kind of .

So here we go ........

No hold on that's the wrong pic&nbsp; :DxDie It was this one .....

I first made 2 palettes for the sprites , one in shades of black & the other I was trying to get that shiny look in the blue . The blue one also has the shades of black I need in the palette & the browns I need for the holster . Here they are ......

What I did when I started to make it easier for you is just paste the black legs onto the one with the blue palettes like so .......

Then his sheild plate on his abdomen is different than the Real Cap's so you have to draw that & make the black go higher ......

Looks pretty cool . Then what I did was copy & paste the black arms & drew down to where the glove should be on the white with blacks & grays . I made the gloves stick out , like they are wrinkled . I covered his ears , since the Bucky Cap does not have his ears hanging out . I also added some lighter gray as highlights ........

Put the stars on his shoulders next & he has a blue stripe down his leg so I did that also ......

Then to make it easier on you I just copied & pasted Doom's holster ( remember I already put the browns in the palette ) But what I did do was shrink it some & redraw a little of it . I used a gun from Jill & turned it the way I needed it for his hand . I recolored it & drew the handle . Then I copied & pasted the part of the hand I needed form my original sprite .....

Time for the sheild . Every pic I seen had the sheild in his left hand & the gun in his right . Most of Caps actual sprites do not have the sheild in his hand at all . So it's really easy to use his sheild sprites & put the sheild in whatever hand you want . I did have to sprite the strap ......

Then I added some final touches , I touched up his face , shoulder & a few minor tweaks for your finished product ......

Let me say that his boots are black & I realize that . But I did the sprite & I liked them red better . It's a quick fix to color them shades of black though . Also he has more pouches on his waste , but I had stuff to do on Wolvenom so I didn't feel like taking the time to sprite them .

To do this edit right in my opinion is not the easiest thing . It took me some work . But I did this since you asked me to . Feel free to use anything I did . Copy & paste whatever you want from my sprites . If you need all my actual pcx files or anything , just PM me . Please do not pass the character off on me . I have too many WIPS now&nbsp; :DxDie

Good&nbsp; %%- Luck with this project . I hope this all helped .

And yiy say your not good your to modtish. Great work :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 04:05:26 PM by Rage »

I AM THE PRINCESS. LOVE ME!!!     
Proud supporter of CROM                 DONT CLICK THIS LINK...

Offline Uche_of_IMT

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:May 07, 2024, 08:33:03 PM
  • The fighting spirit lives in the fans of M.U.G.E.N
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2008, 08:09:17 AM »

So here we go ........

Looks pretty cool . Then what I did was copy & paste the black arms & drew down to where the glove should be on the white with blacks & grays . I made the gloves stick out , like they are wrinkled . I covered his ears , since the Bucky Cap does not have his ears hanging out . I also added some lighter gray as highlights ........

To do this edit right in my opinion is not the easiest thing . It took me some work . But I did this since you asked me to . Feel free to use anything I did . Copy & paste whatever you want from my sprites . If you need all my actual pcx files or anything , just PM me . Please do not pass the character off on me . I have too many WIPS now&nbsp; :DxDie

That's great stuff. You & Hybasuku should work together on this one.
92% of people have moved onto rap. If your part of the 8% who still listen to REAL music, post this in your signature.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2008, 08:43:56 AM »
I think what DT is saying is that he cant work on sprites for everyone. We all try to help because in the past Mugen hasnt been very supportive to those trying to learn, but a lot of times when we try to help it turns into someone wanting us to make something for them instead of learning how to do it themselves.

Mugen isnt easy to create, and there arent many short cuts, and if you wip something expect it to take months or years (depending) if youre serious about doing it.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2008, 01:51:24 PM »
I did this because Hybasuku asked me to make a sample sprite for him . I remember what it's like to not know what the hell I was doing & no one would help . Hobgoblin's sprites are kind of a mess still because of this . IF someone would have helped show me palettes to use & things like this , I think my first character would have been much better . I'm just trying to help out a new creator . Just in case you guys don't remember , I tried to help Hybasuku with Wolvenom & did  the same demonstration for him . He ended up just PMing me & asking me to make the character instead . I liked the character so much , I accepted his offer . But my hands are pretty full right now with Wolvenom & Medieval Spawn , amongst a few surprises .  I really don't have time for another WIP , or to totally help on another one . I laid out some ground  work , the easiest way I thought it would be to convert this character without too much spriting from scratch . So this new creator should be able to make him if he wants to put the time into it .

How about some of the new guys get together & work on this WIP as a learning experience  :thumbsup: He's pretty easy to edit , but hard in the sense it does take some time for each sprite . I believe you guys have it in you to complete this character if you work together . O r with time Hybasuku should be able to make him . Just take the time to do things & don't rush it . It'll work out

(click to show/hide)

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2008, 03:33:58 PM »

So here we go ........

CONGRATS dt, best spriting show of the month.  ;)

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2008, 02:21:57 AM »
wow that looks fantastic man.

Offline Bowasiel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 02, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
  • He is coming....
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: September 26, 2008, 03:16:30 PM »
wow that looks fantastic man.
Yeah! Nice Bucky dude!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2008, 12:38:47 PM »
OK , whatever happened to Hybasuku & this WIP of his ?  :-??

(click to show/hide)

Offline UltraRoboninja

• Contributor
  • Last Login:July 28, 2017, 05:55:15 PM
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2008, 12:54:00 PM »
I dunno, but he made us a promise.  :(
I haven't really been working on Cap, but i promise he WILL be finished!

"A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something."
-Plato

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar