collapse

Author Topic: MvC Punisher: EoH Project  (Read 60572 times)

Offline Blagoy

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 05:36:06 PM
Re: MvC Punisher (1st W.I.P) w/ screenshots (-^_^-)v
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2008, 07:58:31 PM »
wow is loock verry good :thumbsup:

Offline dafamily

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 01, 2019, 12:39:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2008, 08:04:17 PM »
pretty sweet bro!!

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: January 20, 2008, 09:31:37 PM »
congrats, I'll remember this forever, punisher really needed this. I just hope the plays alot better with melee instead of a cable clone that you can spam to win, seeing that he is amazing in hand to hand combat in the comics. I alos just want to say that i'm against strikers seeing that i play mvc1 and 2 and mshvsf everyday of my life, other than that this is a great entry point in the mugen community and an awesome idea (aren't you glad you didn't do ken?  :D) keep it up!  :)
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2008, 01:58:07 AM »
I would suggest replacing that gun. it looks too futuristic. shave it down a bit and paint it black or something.

If you want some ideas for moves to set him apart from cable, let me know. I'm a huge punisher fan and would love to help.

Offline CAPTAIN OBVIOUS!! LVL 16!!

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 12, 2010, 08:55:52 PM
  • Pretend this mood thing says, "Feelin' Obvious!"
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2008, 02:14:17 AM »
Wow, Screenshots, Screenshots, Screenshots and more Screenshots @-)

Lookin good!!

Offline MuηkyMØÜf

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:June 16, 2014, 08:36:08 PM
  • I don't play games, I fight for real!
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2008, 06:00:55 AM »
 ;*)) he looks so buff ;*))
<~Rage
Pr. Luchador~>

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• :+:Simply Twist'D:+:
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 30, 2018, 06:11:39 PM
  • ...I spit blood before I speak...
    • -"aPoCaLyPsE's Bio... Enter with Caution..."
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2008, 10:20:24 AM »
From MoonMaster1:

I alos just want to say that i'm against strikers seeing that i play mvc1 and 2 and mshvsf everyday of my life, other than that this is a great entry point in the mugen community and an awesome idea (aren't you glad you didn't do ken?  ) keep it up! 

Currently, I have no idea whether or not a striker will be present by the time he reaches a completion mark, at the time i just wanted a playing filler move wise but as of now i'm unsure whether to have him with a striker. Maybe I'll let everyone here decide on a site poll or something... well see a little later. Oh and yeh considering that the character i was working on before this was a Naruto edit over a ryu based sprite, yeh, you can say that I'm glad I put that on the backburner for "Big Pun". ;)

From Tenspeed:

I would suggest replacing that gun. it looks too futuristic. shave it down a bit and paint it black or something.

If you want some ideas for moves to set him apart from cable, let me know. I'm a huge punisher fan and would love to help.

I wrote this on a different page it responses to that very same arguement... so I'll quote myself:

From "aPoCaLyPsE" from SonicX Forum Website:

I intent on altering the gun to a black w/ red highlights gun as well, but changes for that will be near the end of the project, i just want focus on the main visual flaws and converting Cable to Punisher first. If i'm even 90% visually accurate thats fine with me. If i can go thur 300+ sprites, changing two separate areas one by one, altering 500+ sprites of one focal area will be a cake-walk.

-"aPoC."

Hope that makes sense. Sometimes I don't make sense, but then again this is my first character so I'mm still learning the in's and out's of spritings as well as other things.

Thanks to all that have replied with comments prior to this morning bump message as well, just didn't feel like quoting everybody, but i see ya  ;)

-"aPoC."

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2008, 11:15:02 AM »
Yeah, he definitely looks better now.. but uh.. why are the skulls' teeth still overlapping the belt.. they should end above the belt.. right??

Offline Captain Cold

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:April 15, 2015, 04:08:38 PM
  • Never Kill a Speedster
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2008, 12:07:11 PM »
yeah i seen those before it all matter to the artist interpretation    ^^^^^    lookin good so far  :)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2008, 10:27:42 PM »
I like what you have done. We will be in touch soon..  :)

Offline giammo84

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 09, 2011, 06:45:44 AM
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2008, 07:55:13 AM »
I like that screesnhots that you have posted :) :O*D but I agree with who says that gun is a little bit futuristic, anyway it will be a fantastic char  %%-

Offline laspacho

• RMM Project Leader
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:April 21, 2024, 07:31:48 PM
  • Robot Master
    • Infinity Mugen Team
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2008, 12:58:44 PM »
Punisher looks like I always remembered him.  Great stuff.   :thumbsup:

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2008, 04:02:44 PM »
Bump.

Morning update on my last day off work for the next couple of days and man has it been great. I've accomphished a lot these last...:+:WHISTLE!!!:+:

(Whistle blows)  >:-(-|

...Anyway, start of this topic has been updated with progress and 3 new screenshots, just for the record.

-"aPoC."

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2008, 05:10:28 PM »
CABLE, deadpool and punisher is a must ^:)^(ps: poor jean grey :-j)

Offline moonmaster1

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 06, 2014, 10:42:08 PM
  • Amateur Movie Maker
    • Email
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2008, 10:25:52 PM »
amazing, i love the new skull, anything having to do with the 04 movie is a big plus in my book. although an mvc hyper portrait would make him look more authentic, i fail to care by the simple fact that tom jane is the man.

200 moon medals for you!  :thumbsup:
We don’t need a toilet. The pile of clothes in the hallway has worked fine for us for years, and it will continue to work. — Master Shake

Offline Darkmanx_429

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:July 31, 2020, 04:33:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2008, 10:53:30 PM »
You read my mind about that Hyper portrait!  Great Job!

Offline Tenspeed

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 23, 2014, 07:33:54 PM
  • I f**k*** <3 Capcom!
    • Email
« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2008, 07:58:52 PM »
I'm actually really excited about this character. Thanks for clearing things up about his gun. Best of luck, man!

Offline malisiousjoe

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:November 27, 2011, 10:33:23 PM
  • Stop your crying!!!
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2008, 08:38:18 PM »
Can't believe I missed this WIP ~X(. Looks sweet :w00t:. I do believe you need to darken the color on the rocket launcher just to give it a different look from Jill's, besides he is a darker char. Question: will he have that machine gun with grenade launcher attached that he uses?

Thanks DG!

Offline aPoCaLyPsE

• IMT Content Architect
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2008, 11:31:58 PM »
Can't believe I missed this WIP ~X(. Looks sweet :w00t:. I do believe you need to darken the color on the rocket launcher just to give it a different look from Jill's, besides he is a darker char. Question: will he have that machine gun with grenade launcher attached that he uses?

Hmm..Good eye, i might just have to do something about the lancher. As for your question, I don't recall that move, was it a normal special attack? The official move list is still in development currently, so i really couldn't tell ya just yet

-"aPoC."

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
My younger brother was working on Punisher a while back. Steve even posted a screenie or 2 at his site, but EvilRock81 posted his progress at Warmachine Madness. I briefly worked on him as I have all the sprites he made for his version of Punisher and I have plans to complete him one day for him. Here is an old pic of him:

That portrait pic Batzarro made is the same one he used also.

Maybe we could corroborate on Punisher in the future.

Hey Apoc ,

Some people were complaining he looked to much like Cable .

I think Excursion had a solid idea here to add the headband & the scruffle to his face . Makes him look less like Cable .

I definately like certain things on both of them . I like Apoc's Skull & gloves alot more .

Everyone is complaining about the teeth . Someone said  it " artist's interpetation " I have seen those teeth/belt drawn so many ways . I really like the pics you posted  ;) that poster shot happens to be my favorite drawing of the punisher . I personally like the way you did the teeth & belt .

Keep up the good work . Let me know if you need a hand spriting anything !

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Excursion

• Webmaster
  • Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:May 03, 2024, 04:36:18 PM
    • Excursion's Corner
    • Email
My younger brother was working on Punisher a while back. Steve even posted a screenie or 2 at his site, but EvilRock81 posted his progress at Warmachine Madness. I briefly worked on him as I have all the sprites he made for his version of Punisher and I have plans to complete him one day for him. Here is an old pic of him:

Hey Apoc ,

I think Excursion had a solid idea here to add the headband & the scruffle to his face . Makes him look less like Cable .

I definately like certain things on both of them . I like Apoc's Skull & gloves alot more .

Everyone is complaining about the teeth . Someone said  it " artist's interpetation " I have seen those teeth/belt drawn so many ways . I really like the pics you posted  ;) that poster shot happens to be my favorite drawing of the punisher . I personally like the way you did the teeth & belt .

My brother did alot of work and made some good sprites for the Punisher WIP he had. Due to personal issues and school amongst other things, progress on his version of the Punisher slowed to a stop, but all i have to do is call him and I am sure he will throw me some more sprites. I told Apoc that when I get stable with my stuff between Metalman and bug-fixing the project characters like SO, Iceman and Cutman then I would try to seek collaboration on this. Most importantly, I think he should take his time because a solidly released, playable character is reknown throughout our community rather than the 1st person to release a Punisher playable character. Just look at creations like Thor, Sandman, Deapool and others that are almost permanantly on your roster because their respective authors took the the time to get things right and bug tested correctly before reelasing it to the masses.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "

Hey Apoc ,

My brother did alot of work and made some good sprites for the Punisher WIP he had. Due to personal issues and school amongst other things, progress on his version of the Punisher slowed to a stop, but all i have to do is call him and I am sure he will throw me some more sprites. I told Apoc that when I get stable with my stuff between Metalman and bug-fixing the project characters like SO, Iceman and Cutman then I would try to seek collaboration on this. Most importantly, I think he should take his time because a solidly released, playable character is reknown throughout our community rather than the 1st person to release a Punisher playable character. Just look at creations like Thor, Sandman, Deapool and others that are almost permanantly on your roster because their respective authors took the the time to get things right and bug tested correctly before reelasing it to the masses.

Both of you were doing a bang up job on that Punisher you were working on . Hopefully everything works out with Metalman, Cutman & Iceman soon so you guys all can collaborate on a Punisher . It would be great , all 3 of you have some good ideas . Combining them together could be spectacular .

I really didn't know about mugen when Thor was made so I do not know how long he took . I was a noob & didn't really know where to find anything for this engine . My buddy just used to come over with discs that he burned of characters . I saw Thor & was amazed . He told me that Thor was made for MVC 3 that is never coming out & the programmer released  him for this engine . I didn't really know jack about this engine at the time so I believed it . I found out later when I got into the scene that Loganir made him . My point is , that's how good he is .  I agree on Sandman took some time to make & a  great character . Any of Loganir's characters can pretty much go into a MVC 3 if they ever made one . Now Deadpool by unlimited is really good , but I don't recall them taking that long to make him ? It seemed like one day I heard about him & a month later he was out for Christmas .

How long did they work on Deadpool ?   

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2008, 11:04:20 AM »
I gotta disagree on the Head band, thats kind of a 90's phase of Punisher that was very short lived. Im definately more interested in a classic looking punisher. The skull, and outfit youre using is defiantely Frank Miller day Punisher.

So what if he looks a little like cable? Crystal looks like Rouge, Ice looks like Psylocke, Hulk 2099 looks like Sabretoothe, ect. Theyre all still good characters.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:12:53 AM by ALEXZIQ »

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2008, 11:20:29 AM »
Doesn't Ice look more like Chun Li ?   ;*)) Great point though . You can make a good character that resembles it's base .

You would have to agree that the scruffle on his face is pretty cool . That's basically a real quick fix on the sprites .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2008, 11:23:35 AM »
5 oclock shadow does look cool

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4]
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal