collapse

Author Topic: Infinity Mugen Team Headquarters Rooftops - Stage Release 8-29-2013  (Read 928 times)

Offline DarkValentine

• The Fanfic artist of M.U.G.E.N
  • Stage Creator
  • Last Login:September 06, 2020, 06:47:50 PM
  • The FanFic Artist of M.U.G.E.N
    • DV's Works
    • Email
It's been a while, but I did keep my word on wanting to make up for lost time. So, here it is.

Infinity Mugen Team HQ Rooftops

http://dvmugen.theostlobby.net

No video yet, will do one later on

Release Notes (as shown in the readme file, inside the zip):

Infinity Mugen Team HQ Rooftops

Stage created by DarkValentine
http://youtube.com/darkvalentine1984
http://dvmugen.thostlobby.net

Mugen Version Compatibility: Winmugen Plus, Mugen 1.0

Video Game Source for Stage: NBA Hangtimte (SNES)

Audio Included: Down for the Count - Dudley SF3 2nd Impact Remix (DJ Kariu)

Stage best on/Self Visualization of: Infinity Mugen Team Forums

Version 1 Release Notes:
All bounds as complete as possible. Should work with Mugen 1.0 as is.
Possible updates in the near future, but don't see anything else at the current moment.

Installation Instructions:
Extract both folders into the default directory of mugen. Install stage using your select.def

Enjoy

It may not be the best looking stage (NBA Hangtime on SNES is very, VERY crappy, compared to something like the Arcade version, which is impossible to rip, without knowledge on Artmoney), this is as good as it gets. Works for Winmugen Plus, should have no problems working in mugen 1.0
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 02:45:51 PM by DarkValentine »

"Today, your inevitable teaching. Tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

DV's Works

Offline O Ilusionista

• Since 1999 and kicking :)
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:May 06, 2024, 12:04:31 PM
  • OpenBOR & Mugen addicted
    • BMT - Brazil Mugen Team
    • Email
Re: Infinity Mugen Team HQ Rooftops - Stage Release 8-29-2013
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 02:33:44 PM »
Sorry but...The graphic is very, very bad.
Too big pixels, the floor is on a totally wrong angle.

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
Re: Infinity Mugen Team HQ Rooftops - Stage Release 8-29-2013
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 02:35:26 PM »
That is how it came out. I have the actual rips for proof that this is how it appeared, if you would like to see that for yourself. I spent a good week trying to find ways on improving what was given, but the SNES version was made crappy by default.

EDIT:

These are the rips.

Leaving everything at default, would have been a really tiny stage. I do have smaller versions of those images ready to be placed inside the sff, with the altered values, if you want to see it look smaller than this. Not much to do, when this is what you work with. Again, NBA Hangtime is great, but it wasn't great looking on SNES. Funcom was the developer of the SNES version of Hangtime. They have a history of making very low res versions of games.

Trying to take something crappy, and make it look good, is more or less like taking Thermite to Dry Ice, and standing close to it. It's gonna look bad when it's all over. So, I had to work it as a "bad looking stage". Not the norm, but it is as it's shown.

I wanted to do the Rooftop and Jungle courts from the SNES version, but even they look just as equally bad. The only good thing about the Jungle court, is that it has better depth perception for the background.

The quality of the SNES version made it look like it was ported from the PC version. And the PC version is a direct conversion of the Arcade. So this is all FunCom here. The Sega Genesis/Mega Drive version looks even worse. I wanted to rip that, but couldn't stand another minute of hearing the announcer say "Grabs the Rebound!" over and over, and over XD

If there was a proper Artmoney guide, I'd be ripping from the Arcade version by now.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 03:03:43 PM by DarkValentine »
"Today, your inevitable teaching. Tomorrow, your unavoidable Schooling - DarkValentine1984"

DV's Works

Offline ExShadow

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 03, 2023, 07:30:21 PM
  • Get serious.
Re: Infinity Mugen Team Headquarters Rooftops - Stage Release 8-29-2013
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 08:43:24 PM »
The logo clashes with everything else in the stage IMO

Needs to be edited in photoshop to fit the colors in the rest of the stage better
»ĐΣΛTĦŞTØRM«

Offline DarkValentine

• Stage Creator
    • DV's Works
    • Email
Re: Infinity Mugen Team Headquarters Rooftops - Stage Release 8-29-2013
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:28:05 PM »
The logo clashes with everything else in the stage IMO

Needs to be edited in photoshop to fit the colors in the rest of the stage better

That's already being worked on, with trying to clean up the stage itself. Since there was nobody to run a test in terms of looks, a release was needed to attain this critique. One of the hardest parts from ripping this particular stage, was the fact that unlike the Jungle & Rooftop courts, the Harbor court looked increasingly pale in comparison. That, and the entire background moved as one whole image.

the Rooftop court also had the same effect, the Jungle Court was the only one of the 3 hidden courts that had an actual layer of depth perception, that would give it a proper flooring. And the colors looked a little more nice than this.

I appreciate everyone who is able to give critique. I saved the floor before the logo, so that allows me to look back, and reset it while adjusting the colors to fit the rest of the stage. I would even take the N64 version, and use a texture dump to get the correct rips. But as far as I know, the Harbor court doesn't exist on the N64 version.

EDIT: I learned how to do Texture Dumping. Though this is specific depending on the game itself. As it seems, not all games on N64 can be ripped, however, NBA Hangtime CAN be ripped by using this method.

Time for a little experimenting with this, because if I can rip the Rooftop court, then I might redo the stage, or add it into the SFF, and just add the extra values in a separate def. I've done it before with a past stage. The rips from the N64 version of Hangtime appear to come out in 73x75 image pieces. So that is close to the jigsaw method.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:51:43 PM by DarkValentine »

DV's Works

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

The Spider release + Spider-Man game by GTFoxN6Y
[Today at 01:00:10 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 15, 2024, 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

* IMT Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat