collapse

Author Topic: who has a ps3?  (Read 3118 times)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
Re: who has a ps3?
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2007, 02:47:04 PM »
As for the Wii, it'll stand strong for awhile. But like the PS3 it doesn't have as many games as teh 360, except, the Wii's programming isn't hard. So why arn't any games coming out, hm?

As soon as your whole Wiimote dies out the Wii will die out aswell.

I'll counter this one, not because I care just because it's wrong, there's too many games comming for the Wii that they're being delayed for months waiting for Nintendo's approval, So as of now Nintendo's getting more games than 360 and PS3 together, but that doesn't mean that all those games are that good anyway, the Wii is the new PS2, it will have the biggest library of games, Big part of 'em will suck though. As of now it's my console of choice just because it has more fighters than the opposite consoles. Even though I don't have one, I'm a proud owner of a 360.

Offline .:K.I.N.G:.

• King &
  • Global Moderator
  • Last Login:May 16, 2013, 07:18:26 PM
  • Accepting All Challenges
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2007, 03:26:07 PM »
@Badalight
every time i buy a ps i buy cus of tekken and metal gear. :-??

so i don't see what's changing this time.

i've never bought an Microsoft machine before..EA sports and all these spammed games don't really interests me.
also every time there are the same claims from sony that they are using new technology and it's hard to develop for :-?? 8=| i heard that with ps2 already.

in my opinion ps2 graphics sucked from day one and it was a next gen console back then <_<|...|

every game looked better or any other system than it looked on ps2 back then :-??

yet i bought it for tekken and mgs..and where i live it coasted like a ps3 price when it came out.

even tho they say ps3 is powerful it's games will still look like crap...so what would be the good of the word powerful if you don't see the performance?

i mean which is easy or better for developers? learning how to create with new technology for ps3 to archive minor better look than easily creating for x360 with archiving almost the same look as ps3, releasing fast and making more games and money.
Splinter Cell: Conviction is the example for that. :O*D

you see this will never happen with multi system games wich means the game has to be aps3 exclusive to shine as the new technology you are talking about lol.

same sh*t deferent generations of games sequels lol
it's a matter of interests that's all.
i mean you see the blue ray as an advantage or a good deal...i don't cus i don't even care about a blue ray movie player lol
i only buy consoles for games..so actually this is not a standard or common thing.
as for Nintendo i think i'm a little old for Kirby and mario..a Nintendo console never crossed my mind. :-??

I'm a Dude Playing a Dude, Disguised as Another Dude

Offline Badalight

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 27, 2008, 05:27:07 PM
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2007, 03:59:25 PM »
Gigan X: You're right. But that part of my rant was mostly speculation of the future. I was mostly saying those casual gamers that nintendo were targetting will get bored and won't be buying the games so it'll stick to it's normal nintendo crowd eventually.

Iron Fist: Yes, I FULLY agree with what you said. Why spend extra time, money, and effort to make a game for a console that hasn't gotten off the ground when you could develope the same game but with a lot less effort and make more money.

That's why the Wii is doing well right now.

BUT like I said, once it's easier to develope games for the PS3, THAT'S when people will like it more.

As of now, third party support is minimal for the PS3. Once they get that, oh boy.

As of now it looks like the PS3 will have a bright future.  :)

Offline Gigan X3

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:December 05, 2015, 07:56:22 PM
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2007, 04:53:25 PM »
Gigan X: You're right. But that part of my rant was mostly speculation of the future. I was mostly saying those casual gamers that nintendo were targetting will get bored and won't be buying the games so it'll stick to it's normal nintendo crowd eventually.

Iron Fist: Yes, I FULLY agree with what you said. Why spend extra time, money, and effort to make a game for a console that hasn't gotten off the ground when you could develope the same game but with a lot less effort and make more money.

That's why the Wii is doing well right now.

BUT like I said, once it's easier to develope games for the PS3, THAT'S when people will like it more.

As of now, third party support is minimal for the PS3. Once they get that, oh boy.

As of now it looks like the PS3 will have a bright future.

Woah 2nd Place for Nintendo? Hahaha Maybe, I say Sony and Nintendo will have a nice long battle for the 1st Place.

Offline killahj77

• Initiate
  • Last Login:April 29, 2010, 02:10:10 AM
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2007, 03:49:46 AM »
What's up everyone just decided to try this mugen stuff one more time, if my laptop dies on me again then i will give up on the whole making a char thing ~X(  . Well now to the topic at hand ps3, 360, wii. First off if you only have one of the systems then bad mouthing the one (ones) you don't have just isn't cool, it makes you look like a fanboy. If you have all then this does not aply to you. All of the systems have their strong points, ps3 don't crap out on you as much (mine just got back from sony) 360 has the best selection of games and the Wii is good for the fam. That being said I have every system on full hd plasmas and the 360 is the only system that gets any love in my house the games do look better than ps3. I have HDMI running on ps3 and component cables on 360 ps2 games still look like crap on it. The pic on dvd's upscale better on the box and blu vs. hd, don't get me started on that. All of the good games besides ratchet, wich is good for younger ones not my thing and mario galaxy (same goes here) are either only for the box or is better on the box as you can see on all the review sites. Yes it's that bad and if you read developer blogs from companies that do multi platform they will say the same unless they are hyping up their next ps3 game 8=| . I played all of the xmas ps3 games none are a must buy, drake's is a hyped up TR without the girl in hot pants, heavenly sword is a rent at best can be beat in one sitting (4 or 5 hours max) and thats it, folklore is just plain wack will not waist your time with a reason. Buy it if you like you won't like it. Lair has had more bashing that it can take so I won't bother and TC4 looks like a ps2 game. The reviews say it is just as bad as lair if not worse, but I have not played that one to be fair. The wii is for kids and grandparents not gamers, I refuse to hook it up to my plasma it looks so bad. Besides the nintendo first party stuff every 4-6 months the games are crap there was a whole EGM issue on the subject of crappy wii games. :DxDie . I play the demo of almost every game i buy other than wii and games I know I want like creed, or dmc4 and mgs when they drop  :w00t: as of now ps3 has let me down it's been a year and I'm still waiting for that game that blows 360 out of the water and it nowhere in sight, trust me I have been looking \-/o Sorry for the rant but reading all the post made me wan't to speak on the whole thing :-?? well here are some pics of my setup in the bedroom and living room for you all won't say " he probly only got a 360 stupid fanboy :P[-X .

bedroom and yes the wii is not hooked up to anything at the moment and yes thats a dreamcast and it is hooked up

games 6 for the wii and like fourty something for 360 there is more on my dresser and a few doubles like 3 for ps3

livingroom excuse the mess, kids.... and I am waiting for my entertainment center to be deliverd

p.s.   The cake is a lie !!!

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: December 01, 2007, 03:59:36 AM »
What's up everyone just decided to try this mugen stuff one more time, if my laptop dies on me again then i will give up on the whole making a char thing ~X(  . Well now to the topic at hand ps3, 360, wii. First off if you only have one of the systems then bad mouthing the one (ones) you don't have just isn't cool, it makes you look like a fanboy. If you have all then this does not aply to you. All of the systems have their strong points, ps3 don't crap out on you as much (mine just got back from sony) 360 has the best selection of games and the Wii is good for the fam. That being said I have every system on full hd plasmas and the 360 is the only system that gets any love in my house the games do look better than ps3. I have HDMI running on ps3 and component cables on 360 ps2 games still look like crap on it. The pic on dvd's upscale better on the box and blu vs. hd, don't get me started on that. All of the good games besides ratchet, wich is good for younger ones not my thing and mario galaxy (same goes here) are either only for the box or is better on the box as you can see on all the review sites. Yes it's that bad and if you read developer blogs from companies that do multi platform they will say the same unless they are hyping up their next ps3 game 8=| . I played all of the xmas ps3 games none are a must buy, drake's is a hyped up TR without the girl in hot pants, heavenly sword is a rent at best can be beat in one sitting (4 or 5 hours max) and thats it, folklore is just plain wack will not waist your time with a reason. Buy it if you like you won't like it. Lair has had more bashing that it can take so I won't bother and TC4 looks like a ps2 game. The reviews say it is just as bad as lair if not worse, but I have not played that one to be fair. The wii is for kids and grandparents not gamers, I refuse to hook it up to my plasma it looks so bad. Besides the nintendo first party stuff every 4-6 months the games are crap there was a whole EGM issue on the subject of crappy wii games. :DxDie . I play the demo of almost every game i buy other than wii and games I know I want like creed, or dmc4 and mgs when they drop  :w00t: as of now ps3 has let me down it's been a year and I'm still waiting for that game that blows 360 out of the water and it nowhere in sight, trust me I have been looking \-/o Sorry for the rant but reading all the post made me wan't to speak on the whole thing :-?? well here are some pics of my setup in the bedroom and living room for you all won't say " he probly only got a 360 stupid fanboy :P[-X .

bedroom and yes the wii is not hooked up to anything at the moment and yes thats a dreamcast and it is hooked up

games 6 for the wii and like fourty something for 360 there is more on my dresser and a few doubles like 3 for ps3

livingroom excuse the mess, kids.... and I am waiting for my entertainment center to be deliverd

p.s.   The cake is a lie !!!

I agree with you 100%. I'm a jack of all trades, so initially I have to get every new game system around the time they come out (usually about a few months after the launch). Honestly, next year should be a better year for the ps3. As for the 360, they have the game list of choice right now. Although I'm getting DBZ BT3 for wii, Tuesday. I only have one game for the ps3, and that's Oblivion (there was a comparison made by some magazine and apparently the ps3 version has better graphics for Oblivion).

Offline killahj77

• Initiate
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2007, 04:14:56 AM »
When it comes to multi platform its a nobrainer 360 all day long ps3's draw didtance is better on elderscrols but it has jaggies all over the place and the 360's is smother looking no jaggies but it might be the HDMI cable being less forgiving  ??? whats your gamertag on live?

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: December 01, 2007, 11:09:54 AM »
offtopic: you know killahj77

it would be best to upload the character files to a filehost when you make updates.

for example Mediafire.

make a account there so you can keep track of all of your files.

plus there is no limits on time it can be online.

thus meaning even if your laptop dies on you, you can just download the character from the filehost to get back on track. :w00t:

ontopic:
i have a ps3 my username is nlck09.

what is your's?

Offline killahj77

• Initiate
« Reply #108 on: December 01, 2007, 12:15:28 PM »
 >:-(-| got some sd memory sticks to back up my work now ;) I mostly miss some of the mugen chars I DL an now cant find like the anji hi res patch and some other fun chars. The fact that most of the programs I used like paintshop pro and many others are gone also does not help. Mame chd's are hard to find and all the kof games have been taken down from the websites ~X(

back on topic =D>  I only use ps network to dl demos for the kids never played any game online for ps3/psp to be honest I dont play a whole lot  on the box online just the co-op stuff none of the death match capture the flag stuff

Offline nick09

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 21, 2011, 10:16:38 PM
    • Nick09's creations
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: December 01, 2007, 12:35:54 PM »
 >:-(-| alright. there is a freeware image editor program called gimp you can get at http://www.gimp.org/ .

back on tpoic:
alright i have about 6 games for the ps3.

not including demos.

i saved 1K over the summer for the ps3 back then.
i now have the 60GB and a external HD at 320GB(formating makes it 298GB).

so its all good here.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar