collapse

Author Topic: Official SoulCaliber V thread  (Read 7072 times)

Offline G.P.O.A - GatlingPunchRalf

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:September 23, 2013, 07:31:01 AM
  • IMT's Unofficial Advisor and Brainstormer
Official SoulCaliber V thread
« on: October 22, 2011, 12:09:18 AM »
((Since there isn't already one...))
Soul Caliber V takes place 17 years after the end of its predecessor, and, for anyone who played the game, a few endings are actually canon! Seigfried's and Sophitia's endings are both canon, the later only slightly, however. This brings me to my newest point. Since this is set later on, there are both new and old characters making an appearance, along with a guest character or more.

RETURNING CHARACTERS:

Siegfried Schtauffen: Ex-protagonist of the series. He once wielded Soul Calibur against Nightmare in an attempt to atone for his sins when he was the host of Soul Edge. He has reformed the Schwarzwind into a band of mercenaries. Currently, he wields a zweihander.

Nightmare: Aside from some asthetic changes in his armor and weapons, bringing him back mostly to the beloved Soul Caliber 2 look, Nightmare hasn't changed, still wielding a zwiehander Soul Edge like always.

Heishiro Mitsurugi: The katana master makes his appearance in this game once again. The only details revealed so far is that a younger martial artist is claiming to be his brother

Isabella "Ivy" Valentine: Yes, she's back too. The only truly notable things about her this time is that she still hasn't aged due to something in her plot line and that she won't be wearing as overly revealing of a 1P outfit as usual.

Taki: She has been confirmed, but not as a playable character just yet. More on this later on.

Maxi: Confirmed and playable, Maxi seems not to have aged along with Ivy, possibly due to the effects of the Soul Edge Shards.

Hildegard "Hilde" von Krone: She has become a mother during the 17 year time skip, and is currently hiding with Siegfried and Shwarzwind due to the destruction of her kingdom.

Tira: Nothing new, aside from growing older and, more than likely, crazier.

Voldo: Same as above, aside from the aging aspect.

Astaroth: This one is quite interesting, actually. The original Astaroth was killed somewhere along the lines, and this one is a newer one, under a year old by the time of the game. Also, this Astaroth is created by a different cult and is also being mass produced, meaning there might be a plot point involving him.

Rapheal Sorel: Still alive (somehow), and still a vampire, he is on a mission to find Amy, whom has disappeared.

Geo Dampierre: From the non-canon PSP game SoulCaliber Broken Destiny. He is included as DCL when you pre-order. He fights using two blades attached under his wrist, much like, and if not in imitation, of the Assassins of the Assassin's Creed franchise.((Just great... Here I thought it would be Yun Seong...))

NEW CHARACTERS:

Patroklos Alexandra: The son of Sophitia and the new protagonist of the series. He is on a mission to find his sister. He wields the same weapons as his mother, but with a fresher, newer moveset.

Phyrra Alexandra: The daughter of Sophitia. She has grown up alone and is the deuteragonist. It is shown that she actually does not want to fight, and can be horrified at the damage she causes. She fights using the same weapons as her mother and brother, but since she doesn't like to fight, her moves could be considered unrefined and choppy.

Natsu: The apprentice of Taki. She contains the demon Arahabaki in her body and wields twin kodachi just like her teacher before her.

Z.W.E.I.: The most interesting of the new characters in my opinion. He wields a three handled blade as he fights, and can summon a werewolf-like creature called E.I.N. During the game, he is traveling with another new character named Viola.

Yan Lexia: The daughter of Xianghua who wields a sword in the exact same manner as her mother.

Viola: The second most interesting character. She uses a magic orb and a claw gauntlet as he weapons, but there is a lot, and I mean A LOT of speculation about her. It is thought that she is actually Amy due to having similar facial features, hairstyle, and a 1P costume that has a rose theme just like Amy.

GUEST CHARACTERS:

Ezio Auditori: From Assassin's Creed 2, Brotherhood, and the upcoming Revelations. As far as we've seen in the reveal trailer, Exio has access to most, if not all of his weapons, ranging from his crossbow to his sword, and even to his assassin blades. Possibly the most anticipated character of this game.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 10:51:51 AM by Acey »

Sprite Contest Organizer and Beloved Personality

Offline C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives!

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 13, 2023, 03:37:34 PM
  • Proud member of C.R.O.M. (Shadaloo Lives!)
    • C.R.O.M.
Re: *Official SoulCaliber V Character information thread*
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 12:14:20 AM »
From the non-canon PSP game SoulCaliber Legends.
*cough*BrokenDestiny*cough*

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Wannabe Disciple of Master Lee
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:July 04, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
  • Vega: Master of the Claw (along with Wolverine)
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 12:20:45 AM »
So Mitsurugi ISN'T in the game. Just his brother...aw, I was looking forward to a older, wiser swordsman.
Either way, Ezio sounds real good. We need a Yoshimitsu confirmation. Geo Dampierre is in!? /:O

Raphael is still in there? I got good with him in SC4, but I'm not crazy about the character himself.

Any character creation trailers yet?

• Winner of Rounds 1, 5, & 13 in Last Person to Post Wins!, SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #61 Winner, and Shadaloo Office Worker
  • Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2011, 12:25:17 AM »
So Mitsurugi ISN'T in the game. Just his brother...aw, I was looking forward to a older, wiser swordsman.
He's there.
Raphael is still in there? I got good with him in SC4, but I'm not crazy about the character himself.
I like playing as him, but when I saw what they did to his character in SC3, my first thought was "/:O"

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2011, 12:47:23 AM »
We need a Yoshimitsu confirmation.

Geo Dampierre is in!? /:O

Any character creation trailers yet?
Agreed.

Yeah, oddly... It blew me away when I checked up on that in the wiki and saw the statement.

None yet, but I'm sure they'll have one. Also, in SC4's Create a Character, Male Voice 1 is the same voice as Patroklos.

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 12:48:35 AM »
vids please!  [-O<

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 01:02:50 AM by C.R.O.M. - Shadaloo Lives! »

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2011, 12:58:37 AM »
Heishiro Mitsurugi: The katana master makes his appearance in this game once again. The only details revealed so far is that a younger martial artist is claiming to be his brother

Or is that meant to be another character, that Mitsurugi is going to deal with?

Ezio looks tricky and fast, should be good. Will he be green for character customization? Or are they gonna pull another no Vader/Yoda/Apprentice customs thing? Altair would be great. Or even Desmond.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
Ezio looks tricky and fast, should be good.
He looks like a rare case of a guest character I will actually use.

Offline Megabyte

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:August 25, 2018, 05:26:14 AM
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2011, 01:12:58 AM »
Hmmmm...a couple of things different/outta place from what I remember reading about SCV before. IIRC, Phyrra is actually CASSANDRA's daughter and Patroklos' cousin. I thought it was revealed in SCIII that Tira is also a vamp...on a side note, I would assume that that would be why Raphael is still alive as well. Maxi was revived/saved after SC2 by Astaroth IIRC so that would also make sense that he hasn't aged as though he saved him he did something to him (I remember there being a cut scene between him and Kilik and Xiangua in each of their stroyline in SCIII when you get to Maxi)...now that I think about it it may have been after SCI that he saved Maxi...can't remember at the moment...my guess would be that Ivy (my FAVE character from SC for MANY reasons ;*))) probably has a condition similar to that of her father...and lastly, I think I have seen a character leak in a photo in a mag or maybe online that showed a small piece of screen with Kilik in it. So it's possible that he will also be playable of the former hero trio.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2011, 03:06:10 AM »
Box arts:
Normal:

Collector's edition:

Offline LarsAlexandersson

• Combo Trainer for Capcom & Namco games
  • Forum Member
  • Last Login:June 11, 2015, 01:01:32 PM
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2011, 05:03:47 AM »
I hope TEKKEN's Jin/Devil Jin is in instead of Heihachi
Possible UMvC3 JP voice for Marvel side as FREE DLC Pack:
MvC3: Marvel JPN VA List by ~LarsMasters on deviantART

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2011, 08:58:49 AM »
I don't think either one will be in...or any Tekken chars...

That normal box looks fantastic.

Offline BigJ

• Contributor
  • Last Login:March 25, 2015, 02:28:49 PM
    • BigJ's Mugen site
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2011, 01:42:42 PM »
YESH!

I can't wait for this game. Soul Calibur has always been a favorite of mine. The games always look beautiful, and the fully orchestrated soundtrack always gets me. I think I'll cry if Talim isn't in this one btw. xD

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 02:12:41 PM »
No Cassandra = me not buying
You think You Know Me

MK 9 mains: Ermac, Rain, Jax
MvC2 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Gambit, Bison, Charlie
MvC3 teams: Magneto, Captain America, Chun-Li or Storm, Ryu, Taskmaster
[/URL]

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2011, 03:15:00 PM »
Cassandra's gameplay is in, just not her. You could make her in the Character creator using her style and everything.

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2011, 03:51:26 PM »

This game is looking AMAZING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :o

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2011, 05:10:15 PM »
IIRC, Phyrra is actually CASSANDRA's daughter and Patroklos' cousin. I thought it was revealed in SCIII that Tira is also a vamp...on a side note, I would assume that that would be why Raphael is still alive as well. Maxi was revived/saved after SC2 by Astaroth IIRC so that would also make sense that he hasn't aged as though he saved him he did something to him (I remember there being a cut scene between him and Kilik and Xiangua in each of their stroyline in SCIII when you get to Maxi)...now that I think about it it may have been after SCI that he saved Maxi...can't remember at the moment...my guess would be that Ivy (my FAVE character from SC for MANY reasons ;*))) probably has a condition similar to that of her father...and lastly, I think I have seen a character leak in a photo in a mag or maybe online that showed a small piece of screen with Kilik in it. So it's possible that he will also be playable of the former hero trio.
Sophitia had both Patroklos and Phyrra, and you can see the both of them together in Tira's SC3 ending. Cassandra is still unwed and has no children in SC4.
Tira isn't a vampire. She's just nuts. Noone knows yet how Raphael survived considering he was sacrificed to Soul Edge, along with Astaroth and Cervantes.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2011, 05:18:26 PM »
Noone knows yet how Raphael survived considering he was sacrificed to Soul Edge, along with Astaroth and Cervantes.
Wha- Buh- Huh? /:O

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2011, 05:24:07 PM »
Wha- Buh- Huh? /:O
Exactly. There's something there, but we aren't in on it yet. And yes, those three were sacrificed to Soul Edge by Tira, but Maxi, the lucky bastard, was stopped by Kilik and Xianghua before he could get too far.

Offline Macaulyn97

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 04:22:53 PM
    • Macaulyn
    • Macaulyn97's Channel
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2011, 05:28:25 PM »
Raphael's presence is without sense, since Amy kills him in her ending, she has more right to appear than him.

Offline SanjiSasuke

• Infinity Faithful
    • SanjiSasuke's Lair
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2011, 05:31:58 PM »
Well you can't go off a non canon ending. In Cassandra's ending Soul Edge anf Soul Calibur are destroyed forever.

• Idea and Advice
  • Contributor
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2011, 05:47:20 PM »
Well you can't go off a non canon ending. In Cassandra's ending Soul Edge anf Soul Calibur are destroyed forever.
Exactly. The only 100% canon ending is that of Seigfried, although Sophitia's is slightly on the fact that she heads home, free of Soul Edge's influence.

• Infinite Loyalist
    • C.R.O.M.
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2011, 06:04:42 PM »
Exactly. There's something there, but we aren't in on it yet. And yes, those three were sacrificed to Soul Edge by Tira, but Maxi, the lucky bastard, was stopped by Kilik and Xianghua before he could get too far.
Maybe it cured his vampire-ism? :-??

Offline JDubbs

• The Black Colossus and
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:February 03, 2019, 09:49:31 PM
  • JDubbs: 1st Name, Last Name
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2011, 04:37:57 PM »
Cassandra's gameplay is in, just not her. You could make her in the Character creator using her style and everything.

It just wont be the same to me. it makes me sad
You think You Know Me

[/URL]

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar