collapse

Author Topic: Ryu vs Teryy Bogard. who do you think would win and why?  (Read 1327 times)

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
Ryu vs Teryy Bogard. who do you think would win and why?
« on: October 18, 2010, 10:42:00 AM »
This is a poll i am starting with a single fighter vs single fighter from various different companies. Most will be from snk and capcom.
Watch the video, afterwards cast you vote for your favorite fighter but also give a good reason as to why said fighter would win.
Take in detail as such as Basic fighting skill, their specials, and their hypers. So with that said , Let the Battle begin, you decide.

Offline C.R.O.M. - ManoloStyle

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:June 01, 2015, 10:02:57 PM
  • Proud Member of C.R.O.M. Visit My YouTube Channel
    • Visit My YouTube Channel
Re: Ryu vs Teryy Bogard. who do you think would win and why?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 01:10:23 PM »

My money is on Ryu. He has fought Apocalypse, Abyss, Onslaught, Sentinels, Dr. Doom, Magneto, Thanos and a bunch of other galactic bada@@es and came out winning all the time. He is constantly training to get better. In the end of TvC he even fought some sort of bulletproof alien dragon with an attitude and won.

Ryu is too bada@@. Terry needs to prove himself more before he can say that he can tackle the master of Hadoken... :-??

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 01:45:21 PM »
Hmmmmm good points but well ya cant rule terry out onthe fight list for sure cause he done took on all the street fighters plus all of snk and he too is always training to become stronger.  Now fighting skills hand to hand.. i think maybe they are a bit even-ish but when it comes to overall power moves and specials, terry has ryu outmatched. he has way more skills sets. Ryu on the other hand fights tirelessly. he can fight for quite awhile .  Even if they went into their alternate modes (Evil Ryu and Legendary WoLf Terry ), this is one fight discussion that can go either way.  i think but in the end there can only be one. i vote Terry. He just has way too many awesome skills in his bag of tricks to use.

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 06:07:01 PM »
Going with Ryu.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2010, 06:26:13 PM »
I mean although Terry whipped Sagats @ss in the SVC comic after sagat killed ryu i still will have to say Ryu. Terry has passion but not that much Focus. Hes pretty wild in certain ways like Ken. Which will be a better match up. As for Ryu, Ryo can go toe to toe with em....both Snk & Capcom Ruled that out. Now a thought is Terry Awakened Potential unlocked (from the final battle in Fatal fury movie 3) Vs Ryu is another story. Ryu may have to go all "Evil" to take him out...who knows..
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 06:32:20 PM »
I have to go with Terry. I just don't think Ryu has the skill to beat him. Not saying it wouldn't be a hell of a great fight and all that but I just don't see it happening.

As for all the crossover stuff Ryu has been in, I'm not counting any of that. That was for video game sells and I'm sure none of that falls into the continuity of Street Fighter. Hell, throw Terry into it and I'm sure they'd show him beating some major @ss too but I still wouldn't count it.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline C.R.O.M. jodafro619

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:March 11, 2022, 11:46:48 AM
  • LEMME SHO' YA SOMETHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 06:40:25 PM »
i'm going with my boy mr. bogard on this one!! yeah ryu has fought along and against mutants and intergalactic heroes and villians, but terry took down the god of mars for crying out loud (see fatal fury the motion picture). terry also has the uncanny ability to adapt to any style put in front of him as well. ryu is no slouch, but if terry land that power geyser that he napalmed the roof from the third ff movie its a rap for ryu lol!!

C.R.O.M. handling all the biters!!!

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 06:55:36 PM »
i'm going with my boy mr. bogard on this one!! yeah ryu has fought along and against mutants and intergalactic heroes and villians, but terry took down the god of mars for crying out loud (see fatal fury the motion picture). terry also has the uncanny ability to adapt to any style put in front of him as well. ryu is no slouch, but if terry land that power geyser that he napalmed the roof from the third ff movie its a rap for ryu lol!!

:D Yeh thats what im sayin like in a earlier post If my boy terry was in his Tapped potential awakened side from the the final battle in FF3 movie its a curtain call for Ryu lol. But a lil toe to toe regular vs i think ryu will win. Well... until terry gets pissed and Comes up with some new super out of no where. hence he did the same thing to his Brother andy.

We dont know who would win though. Dark hadou or Terrys wolf power fully tapped. Now that would be a fight to see!!

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 08:37:11 PM »
Now because terry aint fought any mutants from marvel  and all i say well lets find out. throw Terry in MVC 3 for a surprise newcomer. I think he could hang in there for sure. Most definetly in his "awakended" state like in FF3 movie. No one can beat him because like andy said to joe talkin about the GOD  terry was fighting and  joe was about to go help.. Andy said "that thing is made of pure energy and it would take a more powerful energy than itself to beat it" leave it to terry. Terry was doing moves never seen before. A blue burn knuckle fused into a tornado of pure energy as tall as the building ceiling and he was inside of it!  Now thats a beast of a dude.  :thumbsup:

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 08:47:28 PM »
Again like i said in "That Awakened state" ryu aint scoring but in a normal match Ryu just may have a chance. Its pretty much like Freeza going at Goku in his normal mode dishin some decent damage to a defeat. But once goku goes super saiyajin roll credits :| lol

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 08:53:46 PM »
Again like i said in "That Awakened state" ryu aint scoring but in a normal match Ryu just may have a chance. Its pretty much like Freeza going at Goku in his normal mode dishin some decent damage to a defeat. But once goku goes super saiyajin roll credits :| lol
yeah i can agree with that. lol reg ryu vs reg terry ... ryu "might " get a good upper hand and beat terry for sure. but i always keep comin back remembering terry has an arsenal of moves and he does adapt to any fighting style he is up against. Meaning terry will switch up moves while doing anoher one plus he comes up with moves out of no where. very tight fight man..verrry tight. Ryo on the other hand, yeah you got a good point there . they are very much alike.  :-?? i guees i am going more on anime terry than game terry. evil ryu vs awakened terry... all i can say is WOLF POWER! lol :thumbsup:

• Proud MvC3 Pet Owner - Beware my Dog's Bite - Winner of Bonus Round Page 420 LPTPW - Awesome Signatures of my MvC3 Stable Courtesy of TGM - Caution !!! Don't mess with he who wears glasses...
  • Infinity Regular
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 09:01:42 PM »

I agree with all the points here, but I still think Ryu can push himself to an even higher level than we've all seen. He just hasn't needed to do so, yet...but Ryu will raise to any level required to win a fight.

If not, he has fellow Capcom bad@ss and galatic booger finger stopper Asura to watch his back... :D

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2010, 09:12:39 PM »
I agree with all the points here, but I still think Ryu can push himself to an even higher level than we've all seen. He just hasn't needed to do so, yet...but Ryu will raise to any level required to win a fight.

If not, he has fellow Capcom bad@ss and galatic booger finger stopper Asura to watch his back... :D
:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie Asura would own everyone! not even a fair fight. rip em in half or smash them into lil fleshbloody puddles by hammerin them with a stone pillar.  :thumbsup:
 As for ryu, my only hing that tells me he could be beatin in a regular fight is because he refuses to go to his highest potential and thats the evil ryu side. thats ryu at his absolute strongest but since he wont go there on his own he would only have to hope its a life or death fight. Now my boy terry on the other hand has shown he IS willing to push himself into that awakended terry state . As the fight prolongs and he feels it coming he just lets it take over.. like when he fought andy and discovered the power geyser he made up in that instant. He fought hard and just let the rush of it overcome him and BOOOOOOM power geyser was born. So i am just sayin since ryu deos not want to his setsu no hado side and terry embraces his untapped potential when it rises i give an edge to terry. slightly.

• Infinity Regular
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2010, 10:34:59 PM »

That is a good point. I will agree with that...  :O*D

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2010, 01:08:53 PM »
:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie Asura would own everyone! not even a fair fight. rip em in half or smash them into lil fleshbloody puddles by hammerin them with a stone pillar.  :thumbsup:
 As for ryu, my only hing that tells me he could be beatin in a regular fight is because he refuses to go to his highest potential and thats the evil ryu side. thats ryu at his absolute strongest but since he wont go there on his own he would only have to hope its a life or death fight. Now my boy terry on the other hand has shown he IS willing to push himself into that awakended terry state . As the fight prolongs and he feels it coming he just lets it take over.. like when he fought andy and discovered the power geyser he made up in that instant. He fought hard and just let the rush of it overcome him and BOOOOOOM power geyser was born. So i am just sayin since ryu deos not want to his setsu no hado side and terry embraces his untapped potential when it rises i give an edge to terry. slightly.

I totally agree with that and thats why im a terry fan. The boy just lets go and does what he has to do to win. Hey if you aint duckin or blockin then thats yo @ss when the wolf wakes up lol Thats another reason why i like ken more than ryu. ken doesnt give a F*ck at the end of the day and does what he has to during a fight just like terry. Hence the reason why they are Rivals...

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »
yeah i am a huge Ken fan as well. i love ryu too. they may practice the same style but they incorperate it differently. ken is wild and full of flair, while ryu is straight forward and a more serious demeanor. When i play as them i use them in exactly the way they fight. Ken i can just go all over the place and with ryu i keep him as my ace in the hole. I can actually use ryu better then ken because he is so straight forward and i love getting people with my setup of air juggle shoryukens then transition it into his hyper Metsu shoryuken for a finisher.
Now with terry, i can do major damage with minnimal amount of effort. no need to do alot of combos with terry and because he is adaptable to play with so much i am more relaxed taking on any kind of challenger.  while ryu and ken have set skills sets and usage of them is not so out there as to with terry , you can just do anything with him.
Terry and ken are chi users in their moves where as to ryu, really only uses his chi for his hadoken. remeber too terry uses energy from the earth so his chi potential is near limitless. even if you take out they alternate states, ryu and ken are fighters who's chi is only built within themselves even though they can absorb as well but they require more time to focus it so both is nowhere near as fast as terry can do it. while homeboy terry bogard has both chi storage within himself and he draws it from nature added that he can do it so fast its a matter of seconds vs ryu and kens minutes. double whammy! lol

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 02:19:07 PM »
lol

reminds me of these scenes..

(of course a video fav of mine)

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 02:41:11 PM »
 ^^(PM)^ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Kai! i was lookin for a vid like thism to compare with a vid of ryu compilation anime  stuff. couldnt find them but you found terry. good work man.
OOOH yeah i noticed something as well in the vid ..against krauser.. you sneaky dude kai.. gots to pm you about what i saw.  :D

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 02:46:50 PM »
^^(PM)^ :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Kai! i was lookin for a vid like thism to compare with a vid of ryu compilation anime  stuff. couldnt find them but you found terry. good work man.
OOOH yeah i noticed something as well in the vid ..against krauser.. you sneaky dude kai.. gots to pm you about what i saw.  :D

:D hmm i wonder what you picked up on ;*))

But yeh definitely one of the best Terry videos out there. Im sure theres others i havent seen yet. Hands down that music is perfect for the all american boy 8)

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Demon King EX

• Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:August 21, 2016, 03:22:18 PM
  • 天狗 Heavenly Dog
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 07:03:00 PM »
both are in mugen fighting off all these crazy chars hehe  ;*))

Offline DEMONKAI

• Contributor
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 07:30:29 PM »
both are in mugen fighting off all these crazy chars hehe  ;*))

lol yeh pretty much

HAIL CROM!!

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 02:17:01 AM »
WOW this is a very close poll. both are pretty much equal in votes. wonder who gonna deliever the knockout blow? the metsu hadoken or the wolf power geyser? hmmmm time is gonna tell on this one :O*D

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2010, 01:54:40 AM »
Terry Bogard Wins!!!! :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Offline bronx83bornrm

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 29, 2014, 08:05:28 PM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 08:12:01 PM »
Ryu hands down, overall he is a much more better fighter than Terry n more established, n to the guy who said Ryu takes minutes compared to Terry's seconds to generate chi: Ryu only needs a few minutes to hit u wit everything he has(Ryu can generate chi just as fast as Terry if not faster, his focus is way more stronger) n Terry would not be able to take on full strength chi attack from Ryu. i kno alot of people will disagree but thats wat it is.

• IMT Content Architect
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 08:30:10 PM »
well i wouldnt say much to totally disagree but Terry is just as much an established fighter in his own universe. they both been in many incarnations of their respective comapnies and even in their cross overs, ryu is much more user friendly in the terms he aint as technical in my opinion in his skill set. Both can go hard, both have great attacks. Terry just has a wider range in his skill set and terry is always adapting and creating new moves where ryu's is focused soley on his one style.  Terry on the other hand has mastered the 2 core techniques of his main style taught , the rest of his moves are created from him fighting others and discovering moves from within himself. a real fight between these 2 could either be a stalemate or could just just end with one winner one loser. because of ryu's easy access he could be declared a hands down and because of terry's versitile gameplay he could be declared a winner. this is a def tug of war between 2 of the best in their game companies.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[Today at 01:25:51 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 12, 2024, 10:20:11 AM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar