collapse

Author Topic: NEW XBOX 360 SLIM DESIGN  (Read 1556 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: NEW XBOX 360 SLIM DESIGN
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2010, 12:25:15 PM »
Mmm i like people trying justify Msoft but it still not cool. Y can a guy down the street fix it and a big corporation cant? i know they say o we are trying but........ The profit must b more then the cost. I got friends that make money off of people when they buy 360's they just have them bring it to them out of the box and boom no rrod. Now i dont play 360 or would never own none but i never seen anyone bring em back saying they had rrod.

As for buying systems on lunch day i only buy nintendo. there the only one to my knowledge they dont have problems out of the gate. I don't need my house going up flames cause of a 360 (next gen 720) ps3 (ps4) over heating a setting off my smoke detector giving my dog lung caner.

The washer trick? I know a guy who does that for $50. Don't know if it works or not, because mine never got the RROD

BTW it was never 100% proven in that case of the PS3 giving that dog cancer....lol

Daymnn /:O...thats crazy. hmm i went for about a good year er so

I did get a replacement. I still have that one to this day. The drive actually started acting flaky about a month or two ago. It lasted so long because I didn't waste my drive watching any movies on it, like most people do. I buy a gaming system for games  ;D

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Red Venom

• Symbiote
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:August 27, 2012, 01:57:52 PM
  • est. Aug/10/07
    • RedVenom's All-IN-One Homepage
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 01:37:52 PM »
since 2008 i bought myself 2 elites just incase one got the RROD... one did 3 months later... my second elite still works hopefully it doesn't crap out on me. i'm gonna get this one but honestly i play my ps3 more than anything and i got mine during the MGS4 release *wishes i got the special gun-metal grey SE* still works no yellow light of death but i've had to replace my hard drive once for my sister flipping the power strip when i was on the multiplayer COD4 screen but i went from a 60gb to 500gb so i'm pretty much good. 

Practicing the basics for now... ^_~ also click sig for my website =D

Offline Tha Lando ( Le CROM )

• The coming return of the Omega Erro Sennin of CROM!
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:October 25, 2023, 02:55:48 PM
  • The King Crom. Sprite HD Artist
    • Crom Interactive
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 01:58:39 PM »
 I still got my old old ps2 from like  years ago, playspretty good but only problem with it is it will most certaily not play disks with scratches on them.  buts is puttin up a good fight. lol.  as for PS3 , i want one only because of the exclusive game, other than that i see no need for one at the moment. my 360 giving me all i need so far an it aint rroding anytime soon. Not really a fanboy of any particular system because they all have their goods and bads. i done had them all from both game companies. nintendo is the more consistant and yet it is the oldest so their wisdom is much more  taken into consideration. i just dont like their games as much cause i done gotten older and now not into the mario brothers type stuf anymore. for me they stuff is more for my kids generation to mess around with.  Wii got some cool games but not to my liking. The xbox 360 and PS3 havent even been tapped out for all their power and possibilities yet so i see me with mine for a very very very long time till they stop developing for them. i never Mod my systems ,. i leave them in regular conditions. I really want a Ps3  but for only a few games that were exclusives but with the new Naruto (shippuden style) ultimate ninja storm 2 game comin for both Ps3 and 360 i see no real desire at this tme to buy a ps3.  That game is gona rock big time.  I wish they had the first one for 360  now that i see they can do it on 360 too and not just on PS3! Damn it! lol. i think this slim version might come with some bugs solved and make a lil room on the shelf for extra stuf and space.  There is only one thing i think needs to make a comeback and would very much make my day in gaming great , and thats the VMU like dreamcast had. pure genius and awesomeness i tell ya. Microsoft and sony need to invest in that! make a new controller just for it and hell i will replace my old one just for them.  till then we see whats what and hope it all pans out. i think it will.

PS. DOnt hate on Microsoft, or sony or nintendo cuz might come out with a killer game that you will be dying to play and its only on their system.  XD||

Offline DEMONKAI

• The Visionary and IMT's
  • Section Moderator
  • Last Login:October 11, 2022, 09:44:18 PM
  • Never limit your vision as a creator!!
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 02:11:22 PM »
ill tell ya one thing about me though. I am and was a "Fanboy" of NES & SNES!!!! :w00t: :). ya coudlnt tell me crap about it [-X. thats the ONLY system ive ever been a fan boy of. The new gen systems, its all about what attracts me to play em more. i can honestly careless about anything else. so if it came down to it and didnt have any new elites yet then yeh id get this system asap. But the next system i do buy is a ps3 definitely. i wanted to get it during that first release of that new Fist of the north star game but it didnt work out that way but ill be gettin it probably before the summer is over. In the fall ill be sorta back with my sony family ::salute::. But these the days the DLC for 360 & multiplayer fun does it for me. The exclusives games and Blue Ray for ps3 is why i really want that. The controller was another reason why but then as of very recent i found convertors to use different controllers for your 360 in fighting games so that solved that issue #:-S..

I like both systems for different reasons. but Snes beats em both lol :P

PS. DOnt hate on Microsoft, or sony or nintendo cuz might come out with a killer game that you will be dying to play and its only on their system.  XD||

yeh true story on that cuz when they said that tatsunoko vs Capcom may never hit the U.S. i kindly took a trip down to chinatown and bought a used Wii just for that one d@mn import game lol smh...no regrets but yeh when i REALLY wanna jam on a certain game and its ONLY for that system bet im buying it! lol. Thats how the whole Xbox saga started with me cuz im a fan of Ninja Gaiden and it was only exclusive to Xbox. I tried so hard not to by an xbox but ninja gaiden sucked me in. Then when friends put me on to how dope it could be modded for oldscool games it was a RAP :|
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:33:51 PM by DEMONKAI »
Lots and lots of supers so f*ckin what

HAIL CROM!!

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 03:00:03 PM »

I'm Gunna go ahead and pick one of these up on the 5th...
My wife has been wanting another 360.... lol she can have the old one... i'll take this one.

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2010, 05:09:32 PM »
I'm Gunna go ahead and pick one of these up on the 5th...
My wife has been wanting another 360.... lol she can have the old one... i'll take this one.

lol i hear ya man

HAIL CROM!!

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2010, 03:48:25 PM »
I know this is a noobish question but if it says it WONT be compatible with the older external hard drives, how do we transfer all the saved data on the older xbox's onto this one, or do we have to start all over again. I hope that isnt the case. Can someone give me some info?

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2010, 04:19:43 PM »
I know this is a noobish question but if it says it WONT be compatible with the older external hard drives, how do we transfer all the saved data on the older xbox's onto this one, or do we have to start all over again. I hope that isnt the case. Can someone give me some info?

I transfer stuff from one hard drive to another now. I put the files I want to transfer on a memory card & transfer them on the other hard drive.  There are other ways to do it, also. But I find that to be the least complicated.
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 04, 2024, 05:30:57 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2010, 05:41:25 PM »
Saved games yes you need a way like DT explained to transfer saves but achievements are stored in your your live account - That's what your paying for after all @-)

Offline DEMONKAI

• Section Moderator
    • DTHECHEMIST
    • D THE CHEMIST
    • Demonkai's Mugen
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2010, 06:20:18 PM »
I transfer stuff from one hard drive to another now. I put the files I want to transfer on a memory card & transfer them on the other hard drive.  There are other ways to do it, also. But I find that to be the least complicated.

yep

Saved games yes you need a way like DT explained to transfer saves but achievements are stored in your your live account - That's what your paying for after all @-)

yep

HAIL CROM!!

Offline Silva-silva

• Shadaloo's Overlord
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:October 26, 2019, 11:39:32 PM
  • Sono kubi... ka kiru
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2010, 06:53:34 PM »
You have to do everything over the web but you have to wait a year until you can do it again which sucks.

"Are you a man who likes to beat their wife? Then head on over to Topeka Kansas, because it's now legal there." - Fox news

Offline vyn

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 22, 2024, 09:07:01 PM
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2010, 08:00:20 PM »
If kinect actually gets some decent games that creatively takes advantage of the interfase ill get that bundle with the slim version, its kind of a pretty model. And after some reviews on the durability of the console of course, gotta be cautious.

and on that note

http://e3.gamespot.com/story/6266498/xbox-360-slim-cant-red-ring-by-design?tag=top_stories%3Btitle%3B11

now theres a way to get rid of a problem.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 08:08:27 PM by vyn »

Offline EXCh33ky

• Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 25, 2013, 04:21:03 PM
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2010, 08:48:34 PM »
So I would need to get a memory card and transfer all my saved files from the HDD onto the memory card and then transfer the files from the memory card to the xbox slim? But then what about what it says here
'It will be compatible with all Xbox 360 games and hardware, with the exception of old-style external hard drives and memory cards'

Avatar by Shinrahunter, Sig by DemonKing Ex

Offline Yung Kratos

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 27, 2012, 12:49:15 AM
  • Some mothaf***as always Tryna iceskate uphill
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2010, 11:25:19 PM »
@ Ch33ky sup fool long time no fight  :D answering your question my guess would acually be the transfer cable like what came with the elites a few years back when they first dropped.

With the price drops I might pick up a 360 of my own just cuz its so cheap and Gears 3 and halo reach once those get played out itll probaby collect dust like the one im using now (not mine its my baby mommas)
(click to show/hide)

Offline The King Sic-1™

• The King of Mugen & Best in the World!
  • Last Login:February 28, 2018, 11:47:27 AM
  • Head over to http://sicgraphicsmugen.darkbb.com/
    • TheTrueSic-1
    • SicGraphicsMugen
« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2010, 11:57:48 PM »
Since the Xbox360 now support USB Drives, When i get mine on the 5th i will see if i can move all my save games thru a USB drive..

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 02:05:55 AM »
Since the Xbox360 now support USB Drives, When i get mine on the 5th i will see if i can move all my save games thru a USB drive..

Remember you can go up to only 16gb's...

Offline Violent Ken Masters

• Contributor
  • Last Login:April 17, 2017, 01:52:10 AM
  • WELCOME TO DIE!!!
    • Violent Ken's site
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2010, 09:59:48 AM »
I know this is an old topic but I have to revive it. I need to know how is everyone doing that owns one, I need to know the fail rate because I'm getting this next month for my birthday.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=78562

I sold my old xbox 360 because 12 gigs isn't enough anymore and it didn't have an hdmi input in the back, so it seemed to me selling the old and getting the new looked like a good idea.

Offline ELECTRO

• Cosmic Creations
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 04, 2024, 05:30:57 PM
  • The Living Dynamo
    • THE-BEY0NDER
    • THE BEY0NDER
    • ELECTRO'S LAIR
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2010, 10:14:47 AM »
There is no Fail rate on the new design because it just came out - I too traded in my old elite model for the new slim & so far so good @-)

Offline dlove4u2

• D'Love
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:February 20, 2012, 04:05:33 AM
  • HA HA HA
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2010, 11:51:02 AM »
I'd just got a costum solid oak wood case for my xbox 360 elite soooo...... I'll probably pass on that
 Also I personally never seen this allusive Red Ring of death
"Anyone can negatively criticize - it is the cheapest of all comment because it requires not a modicum of the effort that suggestion requires,"
Chuck Jones :)

Offline Random Regular

• heyyeyaaeyaaaeyaeyaa
  • Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 09, 2018, 05:54:53 AM
  • ??!!!
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2010, 01:52:29 PM »
Also I personally never seen this allusive Red Ring of death

I did.
6 times :D

Offline ♦ßlôödÑinjå♦

• Bloody
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:April 01, 2015, 12:04:14 PM
    • Little Infinity
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »
 ^^(PM)^

I want to see a chart comparison between the slim and the 360 elite in performance.

Come Chat with Us @ IMT_MUGEN_TEAM chat group - The greatest Hangout for all Mugen related Discussions.
(click to show/hide)

I don't Always browse Mugen Forums but when i do i browse Infinity. - Anthony

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 02, 2024, 09:44:33 PM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar