collapse

Author Topic: SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #6 Winners  (Read 817 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #6 Winners
« on: February 22, 2009, 08:29:17 PM »
I would first like to Thank everyone who entered . You all did a good job . But as you know there can only be so many winners . It was a very competitive week . Maybe the closest I have ever seen the voting . First place was very close , & so was third place with a tie . But everything else was close to placing third . So here is your winners for week 6 .

WEEK 6 WINNERS

Third place ( We had a tie )

Zartan ( GI Joe )
By *cough*DARKTALBAIN*cough*

Jem ( Jem & the holograms )
By GaryOldman

Second place

Blur ( Transformers )
By bdcirck

First place

Mr. T ( Mister T )
By SpiderMew

Other entries revealed

Cobra Commander By .batzarro.

Captain N # 1 By Danoartist

Captain N # 2 By GaryCXJk

Super Mario Bros . By Manic

Superfriends By JASONTODD

Once again good work by everyone . Thanx to all who did enter . This concludes week 6 . The new topic should be up sometime Monday .

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 08:40:45 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
Re: SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #6 Winners
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2009, 08:43:28 PM »
so spidermew's the fool who decided to make mr.T.... I pity the fool  :D

just kidding great job on the sprites  :w00t:

and all hail .batzarro. aka... cobra commander!!!!  ;*))

Offline x_mad80

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:September 25, 2014, 11:28:52 PM
    • xmad's mugen crap!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 08:46:22 PM »
 mr. t lol  that would be a funny char.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 08:56:18 PM »
This week was very close. Blur was catching up fast there at the end. Wonder how it would've gone down if things had gone a bit longer, since we tend to get votes in the mid 60s most of the time by the end.

Knew Mew did Mr. T, was thinking Jason went with Super Friends, and I actually thought Danoartist made Zartan. Again with the sneaky entry of dt though. If you wanna enter regularly, I think it'd be fair to let someone else deal with the setup of the contest. Besides that, more competition would only benefit the contest in total. :)

My fav sprite though was Jem, think it came out great. Really think bdcirck stepped up his game with Blur also, think it's his best work to date. Aside from that, thought Danoartist's Cap N was well done, and especially liked how the dog came out. :thumbsup:

As for my sprite, it was me messing with new bases. Had more planned, but in honesty, I just wasn't into this week too much. So didn't go all out but was still fun spriting Cobra Commander. Kinda wish I'd of redone his feet some though, they look positioned a bit odd.

Either way, congrats to the winners and I look forward to the next theme. :thumbsup:

>:-(-|

Thanks, Horouboi. ::salute::

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 09:00:27 PM »
BTW For those of you wondering about the bases game that got dumped due to lack of interest .

The winner would have had to guess ....

Zartan's base was Donovan Bane from Darkstalkers . I just edited the hell out of it .

Mr T had two bases . T Hawk & Zangief from SF alpha . The word bubble was from venom , but not neccesary to guess .

Someone did guess Mr T right .

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:05:31 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 09:10:06 PM »
mr. t lol  that would be a funny char.
You know, now that Ive won, im strongly concidering it!

Funny thing was I was orginaly going to do Leader-1 from challenge of the Go-bots. It was my first Halloween costume. Was going to do it from scratch, but with destractions of my family, I had to go with something else. Blur was really a better sprite then mine, but everyone hated blur in the cartoon, i mean the micromachine guy is cool, but durring the movie his parts were annoying. I think if you had done, maybe Grimloc, you would have won with over 50% of the vote.

YES! I spelled pitty with 2 T's, thats cuz Mr T always adds that extra T! Just listen to him talk, every line he says gots to have a hidden extra T. lol

Anyhoo, as yall might of guessed, the base was edited form mostly T Hawk, with Zangief for the head and the lettering from Venom's taunts.

Thanks everyone who voted for me. Youve made my week, and boosted my confidence.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 09:19:58 PM »
This week was very close. Blur was catching up fast there at the end. Wonder how it would've gone down if things had gone a bit longer, since we tend to get votes in the mid 60s most of the time by the end.

Knew Mew did Mr. T, was thinking Jason went with Super Friends, and I actually thought Danoartist made Zartan. Again with the sneaky entry of dt though. If you wanna enter regularly, I think it'd be fair to let someone else deal with the setup of the contest. Besides that, more competition would only benefit the contest in total. :)

My fav sprite though was Jem, think it came out great. Really think bdcirck stepped up his game with Blur also, think it's his best work to date. Aside from that, thought Danoartist's Cap N was well done, and especially liked how the dog came out. :thumbsup:

As for my sprite, it was me messing with new bases. Had more planned, but in honesty, I just wasn't into this week too much. So didn't go all out but was still fun spriting Cobra Commander. Kinda wish I'd of redone his feet some though, they look positioned a bit odd.

Either way, congrats to the winners and I look forward to the next theme. :thumbsup:

>:-(-|

Thanks, Horouboi. ::salute::

Last week we had 55 , This week we had a little over 50 . I think the voting was right where it should be . I actually ended the voting about an hour 1/2 later than I usually do , because I had a pool banquet I was at  . That's why there were no announcements " 5 minutes left for voting " or anything in the shoutbox like I usually do . I mean everyone knows when the voting stops . So they should know to vote Saturday or Sunday before 5 eastern time . We have to draw the limit somewhere .

As for me entering . Just could be a random occurance to keep you on your toes lol
I did that Zartan sprite as soon as I announced the theme . I always loved the GI Joe cartoon . I was all about Cobra . Zartan was my fav , I still have the toy from when I was a kid that changes color in the sunlight . So I couldn't resist spriting him . We didn't get that many entries . So I just entered it . That was the sprite I actually screwed up with & posted . But since it was mine it didn't really matter . Anyway I'm not entering again , until the next time  :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

Oh yeah , I voted for Jem also .

« Last Edit: February 22, 2009, 09:42:22 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline GaryCXJk

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 03, 2020, 07:22:20 AM
    • Area91
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 09:37:13 PM »
To be honest, when I started on mine, I already thought that it wouldn't be one of my best works, to say it lightly. I pretty much just spent three hours max on it, mostly because I still had other projects to do. I just wanted to shut these whiny bastards up about me not entering, is all.

Also, you might think that spriting '80s characters is easy, but then you're forgetting the fact that my past entries both were fully custom and this one is as well. I can't be satisfied with using a base to enter in a contest, as a spriter. Plus, I feel that staying as close as possible to the original design gives more satisfaction. It's actually why I did like the Super Mario sprite, despite it lacking shading. Of course I wouldn't vote for that one, since there were enough better sprites, and I didn't feel like voting this time, but still.

And, unlike modern cartoons, the old ones weren't streamlined. They were pretty rough, they didn't have any touch-ups, so that these small nuances and dynamics were more present than the newer cartoons. It's pretty hard to explain, but just compare cartoons of today. Even the Powerpuff Girls are easily converted to Flash without any loss of quality. Giving characters like Birdman the same treatment would give that character a too clean appearance, just look at the Harvey Birdman series. It just looks too clean, "unnatural" so to say.

So there you have my explanation on why I think spriting '80s characters pretty much is difficult for me.

Because, It's Midnite

Offline bdcirck

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 23, 2013, 11:48:21 AM
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2009, 03:10:57 AM »
Too many MR T fans there was no way Blurr could have won  :D. Congratz to the winner.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal