collapse

Author Topic: SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #5 Winners  (Read 1941 times)

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
Re: SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #5 Winners
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2009, 01:51:31 PM »
I don't think he has too go back to Spidey . Spawn is still a sweet character . He just has to remarket him . Everything he did , to get sued , the whole toy company deals  & buying that stupid McGwire baseball for 5 mil , only to be worthless since bonds or whoever broke the record later . Were  bonehead moves . The guy had amazing artistic talent & came up with a great character , but didn't have a clue as a business man .

I guess I dont see it as that big of a step back. If McFarlane did Spiderman the New York times would probably print a big article on it, or it would be on Yahoo news it would be so huge of an event. Despite how much people claim they love Spawn, Spawn has become a lot like other Indy characters like Lady Death, Evil Ernie, Hellboy, or Judge Dredd where the sales just dont match the fanbase. An Image re-union does mean new Spawn unfortunately he's not attracting much attention because of his reputation.

I think drawing some issues of Spidey would repair some of the damage. Look at Jim Lee, he's the only one of the Image guys that still makes the Top artist list in Wizard every month, and he's so busy he cant even meet his deadlines. Lee did it by sucking it up and going back to work in the mainstream for DC, which also saved his entire Wildstorm line from liquidation.

I think drawing Spidey could really make Spawn blow up again from the attention alone.

Offline b.easy

• Global Moderator
  • Last Login:December 01, 2022, 11:28:07 PM
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2009, 02:31:08 PM »
Does someone want to take over this competition ? :DxDie
If there's any odd week you need some help or would like to partake in the contest, you know I got your back.

Whining doesn't phase me and seeing as it's a public vote, something like this should go through relatively smoothly.

Critiques and criticisms of individual works aside, it's for the forum members to decide who wins this competition, many of whom are not even spriters themselves. It's really not a huge deal, guys. Don't like this week's theme/other entries? better luck next week.

I personally saw nothing wrong with last week's contest other than a shortage of participants.

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2009, 05:27:23 PM »
If there's any odd week you need some help or would like to partake in the contest, you know I got your back.

Whining doesn't phase me and seeing as it's a public vote, something like this should go through relatively smoothly.

Critiques and criticisms of individual works aside, it's for the forum members to decide who wins this competition, many of whom are not even spriters themselves. It's really not a huge deal, guys. Don't like this week's theme/other entries? better luck next week.

I personally saw nothing wrong with last week's contest other than a shortage of participants.

Yeah , I really love doing this comp & seeing what everyone comes up with each week or even what the theme will be . I was just messing around because I was kind of frustrated that everyone was fighting about this . I run this comp as fair as I think possible .  I don't even enter every week because I feel that's unfair . So it was kind of like a smack in the face to me . I take time out of my schedule to set this up for everyone & they just seem to want to fight about it. That's not what I intended this comp to be about . It was supposed to be fun & a way for people to practice their skills making things they possibly wouldn't think of doing because they have to follow the theme . i think we are on the right track again .

I'm going to stand my ground on this Anyone that entered the comp & I see them complaining in the thread that another sprite should not be winning for what ever reason . Their sprite will be immediately pulled  from the comp . No exceptions .

I guess I dont see it as that big of a step back. If McFarlane did Spiderman the New York times would probably print a big article on it, or it would be on Yahoo news it would be so huge of an event. Despite how much people claim they love Spawn, Spawn has become a lot like other Indy characters like Lady Death, Evil Ernie, Hellboy, or Judge Dredd where the sales just dont match the fanbase. An Image re-union does mean new Spawn unfortunately he's not attracting much attention because of his reputation.

I think drawing some issues of Spidey would repair some of the damage. Look at Jim Lee, he's the only one of the Image guys that still makes the Top artist list in Wizard every month, and he's so busy he cant even meet his deadlines. Lee did it by sucking it up and going back to work in the mainstream for DC, which also saved his entire Wildstorm line from liquidation.

I think drawing Spidey could really make Spawn blow up again from the attention alone.

Or maybe a Spidey/Spawn crossover  ;D

I just think Spawn sales went down because he quit drawing it . But Capullo was a good replacement . But then the story sucked . The story has been pretty good lately . Even my buddy who hates Spawn has been reading it . Now Mcfarlane needs to pick up the pencil again .   
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal