collapse

Author Topic: SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #4 Winners  (Read 2520 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #4 Winners
« on: February 08, 2009, 10:36:59 PM »
I would first like to Thank everyone who entered . You all did a good job . But as you know there can only be so many winners .  This was a very competitive week  . I was really surprised by the outcome this week . I figured the " sig " would be the only one to really get votes . So here is your winners for week 4 .

WEEK 4 WINNERS

Third place
Zombie Cyclops ( X-men )
By Spidermew

Second place ( There was a 2 way tie )

Zombie Marvel vs Zombie Capcom ( Various Marvel & Capcom characters )
By JMills

Zombie Giant Man ( Avengers )
By DanoArtist

First place ( There was also a 2 way tie )

Zombie Spiderman # 1 ( Amazing Spiderman , Marvel Zombies )
BY *cough*DARKTALBAIN*cough*

Z.o.m.a.c. ( Zombie O.M.A.C. from the DC universe )
By .batzarro.

Other entries revealed

Zombie Skrull ( Fantastic Four ) By bdcirck

Zombie Spawn (Spawn) By Z666

Fat Zombie ( MVC zombie made by creator , yes he was named that lol) By aquelegordo

Zombie Bison ( Capcom , Streetfighter ) By O' Illusionista

Zombie Spiderman # 2 ( Amazing Spiderman , Marvel Zombies ) By Laspacho

Alice ( American McGee's ) By GaryCXJk

Zombie Hurricane Polymar ( Tatsunoko vs Capcom ) By Jedah12

Zombie Captain America ( Avengers , Marvel Zombies ) By x_mad

Zombie Wolverine ( X-men , Marvel Zombies ) By WolfPaul

Johnny the homicidal maniac vs Johnny the zombie maniac ( Johnny the homicidal maniac comic ) By Garyoldman 

Once again good work by everyone & Thanx for entering . We had a great turn out this week . This concludes week 4 . The new topic should be up sometime Monday .

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 02:15:44 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Zerok_116

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:April 06, 2016, 05:37:25 PM
  • sprite by "DooM" and Avy by "R-15"
    • Email
Re: SpRiTe Of ThE wEeK cOnTeSt #4 Winners
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 10:40:50 PM »
i voted for cyclops.

at least he got 3rd =D>

Offline GaryCXJk

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 03, 2020, 07:22:20 AM
    • Area91
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 11:19:38 PM »
God damnit.

It's lower case k, lower case k. It's lower case for a reason ya know.

Also, to comment on SpiderMew's comment:

That's the original I made, since I actually wouldn't know how Alice would look like without being zombified. I work better with a base, so I actually had to sprite a non-zombified version before I could even attempt a zombified one.

But that one's not going on my site before I resize it to the proper size.

Because, It's Midnite

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 11:38:45 PM »
I am suprized I placed.  LOL! If it wasnt for 2 ties lol.

That's the original I made, since I actually wouldn't know how Alice would look like without being zombified.

My question was how was she a zombie at all, because she looks like how she did in the game and she didnt look like a zombie at all, no open wounds, or blood.

Zombie Spiderman # 1 ( Amazing Spiderman , Marvel Zombies )
 BY *cough*DARKTALBAIN*cough*
  /:O Thats weird, i thought you said you wernt going to enter any of your own contests.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 11:43:37 PM »
You entered, dt.? /:O

If I had only voted for myself. o.O#

Ah well, was a pretty good turn out. Was also surprised there were about half of the entries without a single vote. Everyone did a great job though. :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline KPT25

• The Professional
  • Chief News Reporter
  • Last Login:October 15, 2021, 10:01:22 AM
  • Infinity News Reporter and Journalist
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 11:47:10 PM »
that was my thought as well Spidermew...but if you think about it,DT had the same amount of time to submit and entry than everybody else

Offline JahmelM (JMills)

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:February 18, 2023, 06:01:53 PM
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2009, 12:00:52 AM »
That was a good turn out!  :thumbsup:
Congrats to DT, and Batzarro  =D>
At least i made it second place!!!!!  :w00t:
Now DT I shawl continue what i sarted(and what u got involved in the middle of) LOL
Once again congrats!!!!

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2009, 12:01:28 AM »
You entered, dt.? /:O

If I had only voted for myself. o.O#

Ah well, was a pretty good turn out. Was also surprised there were about half of the entries without a single vote. Everyone did a great job though. :)

I agree everyone did a great job  :thumbsup: I just figured nothing else would win with zarro's entry . I was surprised I tied .

zarro you were right not to vote for yourself .

Now as for me .....

Once in awhile I may slip something into the comp from time to time . I did it fairly . As soon as I knew the theme , I took 4 hours to make my sprite . I did it before I seen anyone elses & never changed it . Proof of that is the other Spiderman entry . Had I known in the beginning someone else was doing Spiderman , I would've done something else .  I posted my Medieval Spawn sprite at the bottom to throw people off , so no one really knew I entered .

I had a couple of reasons for entering .

1) After last week & people talking about they were going to quit submitting entries . I kind of thought there wasn't going to be a good turn out this week . So I just made something to boost the entries .

2) After I kind of got beat up in my Wolvenom thread by a certain someone . I've been having some doubts about my spriting ability . I needed to prove something to myself , I guess . " That I still had it "
This was the perfect way , I thought . No one would know who made this sprite . It was just a random sprite in a competition . So people would not be voting for it because they liked me , thought I was a cool
person , or because I have something in EOH etc ..... They would be voting on what they thought looked good .

I think this proved alot to me & I feel alot better now . When I seen zarro's submission . I thought nothing else would even come close to it . In my mind I declared him the winner as soon as I seen it . But somehow my Spidey hung in there to tie for first ?

I want to thank everyone who voted for the Spiderman #1 sprite . Because I know that you voted for it , because you thought it was good , not just because it had " DT's " name on it . It meant alot to tie or even be in the running with zarro's masterpiece

BTW GaryCXJk

I fixed your name .  

(click to show/hide)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2009, 12:07:29 AM »
I agree everyone did a great job  :thumbsup: I just figured nothing else would win with zarro's entry . I was surprised I tied .

zarro you were right not to vote for yourself .

Now as for me .....

Once in awhile I may slip something into the comp from time to time . I did it fairly . As soon as I knew the theme , I took 4 hours to make my sprite . I did it before I seen anyone elses & never changed it . Proof of that is the other Spiderman entry . Had I known in the beginning someone else was doing Spiderman , I would've done something else .  I posted my Medieval Spawn sprite at the bottom to throw people off , so no one really knew I entered .

I had a couple of reasons for entering .

1) After last week & people talking about they were going to quit submitting entries . I kind of thought there wasn't going to be a good turn out this week . So I just made something to boost the entries .

2) After I kind of got beat up in my Wolvenom thread by a certain someone . I've been having some doubts about my spriting ability . I needed to prove something to myself , I guess . " That I still had it "
This was the perfect way , I thought . No one would know who made this sprite . It was just a random sprite in a competition . So people would not be voting for it because they liked me , thought I was a cool
person , or because I have something in EOH etc ..... They would be voting on what they thought looked good .

I think this proved alot to me & I feel alot better now . When I seen zarro's submission . I thought nothing else would even come close to it . In my mind I declared him the winner as soon as I seen it . But somehow my Spidey hung in there to tie for first ?

I want to thank everyone who voted for the Spiderman #1 sprite . Because I know that you voted for it , because you thought it was good , not just because it had " DT's " name on it . It meant alot to tie or even be in the running with zarro's masterpiece

BTW GaryCXJk

I fixed your name .  

That was beautiful, man. :'( lol

Anyways, thanks for thinking so much of my sprite. Believe it or not, there was a lot more I had planned for it, just not enough time. I just thought to myself, if it's truly fine with everyone else that so many sprites can be in a single entry, I'm gonna take full well advantage of it. ;*))

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2009, 03:12:35 AM »
That was beautiful, man. :'( lol

Anyways, thanks for thinking so much of my sprite. Believe it or not, there was a lot more I had planned for it, just not enough time. I just thought to myself, if it's truly fine with everyone else that so many sprites can be in a single entry, I'm gonna take full well advantage of it. ;*))

I kind of think you went a little overboard to make your point .  ;*))

But as you can see by this week winners . I don't really think it's how many sprites you make in your entry . It's the quality of the work , originality , style used to make it & if you are doing an existing character , how close he looks to the real deal .

I think you were voted , just because yours is a masterpiece . It actually is more like a sig .

I think I won , because people liked my sprite . Plus I made him like he is in the Marvel Zombies book .

DanoArtist because that Giant man was original . I never thought I would see an entry like that & the work was done well . Especially for the shading on a big sprite .

JMills for originality & work put in . He made a bunch of characters , had a good theme & putting a spoon in Hayato's hand was genius .  :DxDie

SpiderMew definately for originality . Cuclops took off his own head to shoot Magneto with an optic blast  :DxDie

Everyone think of all these things combined when making your sprites for the comp & it will give you a better chance of winning . Like I said I really think everyone did a great job this week . All the entries were excellent . It's just batzarro's stood out more to me because it was almost like a painting .

Now just in case anyone is wondering what my sprite consists of . First I took Spiderman sprites & made a " grungier " looking palette . I totally thinned up spidey to give him a more zombie type look .  Then I downloaded some pics of the Marvel Zombie Spiderman . I changed the stance for reasons I will mention in a minute . I decided where I was going to have Flesh missing or bone hanging out & totally erased that . I ripped up his mask & redid his jaw & eye . Then I just sprited the rotting flesh , shredded costume & sprited the bones hanging out . Made his costume ripped &  bloody flesh in spots . I did the rib cage hanging out last . The reason why I changed the stance is because I have a version with a missing leg , like after the bone broke in the book . So I needed an arm to support the body instead . But I decided to submit a version for the comp of when he first started to become zombified basically .

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:22:51 AM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2009, 03:14:22 AM »

so... you didn't lye when you said you made it  ;*))

maybe I should make a deviant avy instead of that IMT avy I did, LOL

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2009, 03:29:39 AM »

so... you didn't lye when you said you made it  ;*))

maybe I should make a deviant avy instead of that IMT avy I did, LOL

Bro , I could hardly take credit as the winner if I didn't make it . You know someone would be posting right now " HEY I MADE THAT ENTRY & YOUR TAKING CREDIT 4 IT !!!  >:( "

:DxDie :DxDie :DxDie

I entered it & for the reasons listed above . " still got it "  ;D

Anyway , Make the avatar with it , for the forum members . Let someone who voted for that sprite have it . They will enjoy it more than I will anyway . Because I would rather have my avatars to be characters I am making or some my favorite characters .

(click to show/hide)

• Hollow_boy
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2009, 03:35:52 AM »
(click to show/hide)

:O*D ok then I will post it here... and in the free area and in the deviant thread  :O*D

EDIT: also since you aint the only winner (theres two O_O)

(click to show/hide)

and congrats to the great spriter's  :w00t: (can't wait till next week)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:56:26 AM by Hollow Boy »

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
  • I have the power.
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2009, 04:15:24 AM »
     /:O Wha... if you read Marvel Zombies first limited series you would know that I made my Giant Man look like he did in the comic too. He is just a bit bulkier because I was working off of Apocalypse.
   In the comic Giant Man is like the biggest be-yotch, and only looks after himself, in appearance and for food. He ties up Black Panther in his lab so that when food runs out he will still have something to eat. That is why I didn't mangle him more, he doesn't really get that disfigured until the middle or end of Marvel Zombies 2.
   You gave yourself props for the way your Spider-Man looked compared to the comic and the color you used, I used similar colors for zombification I just used a lot of heavy blacks because thats the way they portray them on the interior art and I had a lot more space to fill. For that reason I would not use this sprite on a regular Giant Man character, in response to Spider-Mew's comment during the voting.
    :thumbsup: Spider-Mews also looked the way the cover artist portrays Cyclops every time he paints him.
  ~X( I am just a little peeved because it took A LOT more than four hours and I only got six votes, thanks to the other five. HA
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:21:36 AM by Danoartist »

• Hollow_boy
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2009, 04:18:32 AM »
I could make a avy with it... or atleast try if its ok with you  ;D

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2009, 04:23:45 AM »
   Thank you for asking, because you did, if you would like to go ahead.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2009, 04:26:58 AM »
~X( I am just a little peeved because it took A LOT more than four hours and I only got six votes, thanks to the other five. HA
Mine took nearly all week to complete. I tied with one that took four hours. Doesn't bother me though, it's not about how long it took, it's about how good it is.

I do like your sprite though, so don't think I'm saying it's not good. :)

(click to show/hide)

• Hollow_boy
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2009, 04:47:38 AM »
   Thank you for asking, because you did, if you would like to go ahead.

thank you for saying yes  :) also thank .batzarro. for the building in the BG

Offline bdcirck

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 23, 2013, 11:48:21 AM
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2009, 06:05:31 AM »
Still think this one was the best :D. Congratz to the winners.

Offline GaryCXJk

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 03, 2020, 07:22:20 AM
    • Area91
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2009, 07:01:49 AM »
My question was how was she a zombie at all, because she looks like how she did in the game and she didnt look like a zombie at all, no open wounds, or blood.
Revealed skull, missing flesh on one of the both arms, and some more. Oh yeah, missing flesh on the jaws.

Because, It's Midnite

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2009, 09:36:41 AM »
Revealed skull, missing flesh on one of the both arms, and some more. Oh yeah, missing flesh on the jaws.

OK, i can see it now that they are side by side.

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2009, 12:34:08 PM »
yes, i voted giant man becaus ehe was original  :thumbsup:

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2009, 12:50:44 PM »
Man , you guys need to chill .

This is not that serious

DanoArtist I gave your sprite props & said it was well done . I really didn't remember what Giant Man looked like in the issue . So I didn't mention it . 

It took me 4 hours for one small sprite that seems like a long time . I see where zarro's & yours took alot longer to make . But that's the way things go sometimes , I guess .

I'm telling you this week all the entries were great .

(click to show/hide)

Offline Z999

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:February 24, 2018, 03:28:14 PM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2009, 02:38:18 PM »
Congrats guys and thanks to the one who voted for zombie al simmons  :D

I voted for the omacs (even thought i have no clue who they are) but i really hesitated with dt spiderman ^^

Offline Jedah12

• Sexy
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 23, 2010, 04:09:15 AM
  • Working in mysterious projects
    • Jedah12 Mugen Page
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2009, 03:02:02 PM »
Congratulations to everyone that participate and double for the winners  =D>
Th surprise was *DARKTALBAIN*cough* XD
The first places are very original and great work  :)

Offtopic: I won't participate again because my sprite wasn't have any vote...
I'm just kidding  :DxDie
I'll wait the theme of this week  :thumbsup:

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
   Consider me chilled I never used angry face though, confuse and frustrated was more like it. I also think I missunderstood when you said, "original". I appreciate what you said though.

Offline Jedah12

• Sexy
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 23, 2010, 04:09:15 AM
  • Working in mysterious projects
    • Jedah12 Mugen Page
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2009, 03:25:38 PM »
Yeah, I mean something creative, like your Giant Man. I have to improve more my english  :-??

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2009, 03:29:12 PM »
   Consider me chilled I never used angry face though, confuse and frustrated was more like it. I also think I missunderstood when you said, "original". I appreciate what you said though.

Bro , that was a compliment . I meant originality , something I never thought anyone would do for the contest . It took a lot of guts to take on a big sprite like that & submit it . Hell , I can't shade big sprites as well as you did . I did mention I thought your entry was great many times . Even in the PM back to you .

This comp just gets strange . Every week it seems like one or two sprites monopolize the votes . First place has changed hands almost every week . .batzarro. has been the " second place guy " for weeks now . He deserved to move into first . You got second this week . Keep entering & I'm sure you will move into first one week . Spidermew wasn't even on the map a few weeks ago & he has moved up into third twice now .

I really wish I could've have just declared everyone a winner this week . They were all well done & had alot of effort put into them .  :thumbsup:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 03:35:27 PM by DARKTALBAIN »

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
[28] 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal