collapse

Author Topic: Danoart-Gallery  (Read 6000 times)

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
  • I have the power.
Danoart-Gallery
« on: November 13, 2008, 04:59:59 PM »

I've done some sprites and other forum type things I just wanted a place to show some of it, I will update as I make more. These are just single sprites unless I say otherwise so please don't ask if I am making them into chars, I will say so if I am. Also, I am not against sharing or requests but I sprite at my own pace and some times go a couple weeks without doing anything. Please ask before using anything from here though.

Capcom

Marvel  

DC/Wildstorm

Masters of the Universe  

Various Toons

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 04:44:16 PM by Danoartist »

Offline Bowasiel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 02, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
  • He is coming....
    • Email
Re: Danoart-Gallery
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 06:07:58 PM »
Nice sprites ^^! Wow What a good time... Master of Universe I loved that cartoons :D

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:59:35 PM »
Hey there, I have added a couple Marvel sprites here, the Speedball one is kind of a response to bdcirck, I was giving him some gruff about adding a Nova sprite in his Annihilation group. Also, I saw Doctor Crows' Howard the duck and it says that it is supposed to be the size of Servebot. It looked a little big to me and I used Servebot as a template to do my own. I am not dissing him this is just how I did mine.

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 10:58:53 PM »
Updated a couple more sprites here, Mr. Majestic from the Sprite of the week contest #3 and Tri-Clops in MOTU.

Offline Bowasiel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:November 02, 2015, 12:42:58 PM
  • He is coming....
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 07:39:35 AM »
I love ur Master of Universe sprites, U did a good job  ^:)^

Offline Weapon x program

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:July 16, 2015, 12:38:11 PM
  • welcome
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2009, 04:51:48 PM »

my favorite  :-$  :thumbsup:

Offline Bartholomew X

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 25, 2017, 08:16:12 PM
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 05:17:11 PM »
 :o to Trap Jaw & Whiplash

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 08:46:47 PM »
   Thanks guys, I have had this thread up for a while and it is nice to see some appreciative comments finally come in.
   To canibus2000, your enthusiasm for Masters makes me want to do more, although I had some early comments about my He-man looking too 200x-ish. I grew up on the old(80's) cartoon and my brother and me got a LARGE amount of the original toys when we were tykes. If anyone has seen the art cards that came with the DVD sets and has seen Alex Ross' card it looks like he took a lot of the old and new and mixed. I feel like that is a good way to go about these characters Because the new designs where based on the old guys and updated, if anyone is wondering where I get the inspiration for my sprites I really try to take the coolest things from all the different versions (toys, statues, and cartoons) and mix them. I still want to do a Hordak and Man-at-Arms so look forward to them.
   Also, to get feed back from a creator like JASONTODD is awesome I am glad I could please your eyes with something from my limited selection. For Marvel sprites I want to do there are a lot but the Man-Thing is on my list. When it comes to comics I am a bit of a "purist" I try to take an image that has been printed and use that for inspiration changing little.

I updated my Marvel sprites, I added 3-D Man, he has made more of an impact last year during the Secret Invasion but he goes back to the late 1970's. I was lucky enough to find his first appearance at a small con here, not worth much but still cool to have his 1st appearance and origin story.
   The original gets abducted by the skrulls, gets his powers from the Skrulls and also picks up a pair of goggles that can see who is a skrull that is impersonating someone else.
   Jump to the new guy now in Secret Invasion he was a third-string Avenger called Triathlon that was created in the late 1990's, only used a few times as I am aware. During the Secret Invasion he finds the 3-D Man goggles and started heading up a team of skrull hybrids, the Skrull Kill Krew.
   This character predates the movie They Live so any fans that read this he is not a rip off.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:48:03 PM by Danoartist »

Offline spidy

• Initiate
  • Last Login:February 17, 2015, 07:21:18 AM
  • Mugen Creator
    • J.L Mugen
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 12:56:41 PM »
DC/Wildstorm

I love WildStorm Nice Work Brother :o

I Am Making Luffi and Aoko!
I Will Always Love You |_ |_| B |\| A

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 01:11:40 PM »
   I finally got a MOTU hero sprite up, it is Man-At-Arms, he actually was a challenge to do this sprite had me second guessing almost everything I did to it. I am happy how it turned out though.
   I also added my Captain N from the sprite of the week contest. I was a little disappointed to see no one voted for it maybe not enough people know about him. None the less, I am inspired to do another but have all the characters that would be used as strikers if this character in MUGEN. Simon Belmont, Mega Man(easy with small alterations to the one that already exists), Game Boy, Kid Icarus and, Princess Lana (Maybe Link and Zelda because they were in a couple really cool co-staring roles in the show too). With a line of supporting characters like that I really don't understand why people didn't vote for mine or the other Captain N in the contest.

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2009, 05:58:30 PM »
very nice sprites, man  :thumbsup:
(click to show/hide)

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2009, 01:17:11 PM »
I loved Carebears as a kid and the last girl I was with called me her grumpy bear in direct relation to the carebears so I had to do one of these avatars myself.

Offline zombiejerky

• Initiate
  • Last Login:November 18, 2019, 10:08:33 PM
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 06:10:00 PM »
Is viediful Joe Custom or not

Offline danniel

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:May 06, 2013, 03:11:26 AM
  • hmmm
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 07:50:32 PM »
looks like theres a lil bit of megaman in him

Offline BlizzardTora

• Forum Member
  • Last Login:October 27, 2015, 06:40:10 PM
  • Did I say that I cared?
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 09:35:24 PM »
Ya those are great MotU characters but it seemed like everyone forgot about V.J. until now. He really does need a mugen char too.
CVG UNITED
Whatever ,(

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2009, 10:42:08 PM »
Well if anyone wants a head start on Veiwtiful Joe I have this just give me the credit. I started it a long time ago and haven't worked on it in a while.

I guess PM me if you are interested.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 03:09:52 AM by Danoartist »

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 05:58:14 PM »
   I added the Sprite of the week #13 Paradise X Capt. America that I did. The other was good but there are differences between them: I edited Gill so I used his red colors and one darker one on the flag in my opinion the other sprites flag didn't match up as well, also since I used Gill as a base I used his wings, if you have seen the comic covers the wings didn't need as much detail, so I took the middle wing and the top wing to combine them as bigger wings, the hilt and handle of the sword is supposed to be a star, Also the sword and the wings are supposed to match hence the coloration in the sword.
   I also added a sprite of the Mimic from Marvel comics, thanks to zvitor, I asked to used his wing sprites since they seem to be as good as it gets. I used one of his wings at least, the one on the left, there wasn't one in the right had sides position and when I tried to twist the sprite by free transform(photoshop) it blurred the sprite so I had to sprite the wing in that new position.  ~X(
   This is the Mimic in his original costume, I am a huge fan of this one, he originally was an X-men villain, but not a mutant his father was a scientist that experimented on him and gave him his powers. After fighting the original X-Men and acquiring their powers, he joined them for like an issue. Then got mad at them again and left. He appeared again in a Hulk comic along with the Beast, they supposedly killed him off at his fathers lab in the mountains somewhere.
   Then later in Marvel Comics Presents they told a story with Wolverine and the Hulk where someone was impersonating Wolverine it was Mimic with amnesia. They ended up back at the mountain lab where the say Mimic was in a suspended state for the whole time between his former appearances. That story didn't really say what happened to the mimic after his encounters with Wolverine and the Hulk.
   He next appeared in Excalibur and X-factor comics just appearing acquiring their abilities (too many for him to handle) while fighting them and the disappearing again with out explanation. Check Z666's sprite thread for what he looked like at this time he has a good one on page 2 of his thread.
   He supposedly was recruited by Onslaught and then had his powers stabilized when onslaught was beaten Mimic was supposedly captured by Operation: Zero Tolerance then freed by the X-men.
   And then joined a Brotherhood team lead by Mystique to free Prof. Xavier from being imprisoned somewhere.
   Everything after Excalibur and X-Force appearances I got off of Wikipedia. That is why I say supposedly I don't remember reading anything about it but I didn't read those stories as close as I have others.
   His most Popular appearances are in the Exiles but, they changed his look. It was good to see his popularity grow but it wasn't the Mimic I knew.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 06:18:58 PM by Danoartist »

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2009, 09:19:45 PM »
   Since I won last weeks SOTW contest I got to choose this weeks theme :w00t: , I chose Green Lanterns. I really wanted to see the aliens and ones from the comics that haven't been portrayed in sprited or MUGEN form already. There were a lot of good entries and I thanked all the people who humored my ramblings :-@ on the voting thread for SOTW.
   Even so, like I said I wanted to see some of the other GL's depicted so even though I did it myself I tried to show as many as I could sprite in a week. I could have probably squeezed G'nort in at the last minute but I was a little tired by Thurs. night. Yes, I sprited all of these guys in one week 8-} otherwise I would have only entered the ones I did sprite in said amount of time. I plan on updating it also, as I have already.
   I don't know if everyone knows any/all the names to all these guys, you would have to be a pretty hardcore fan to know all of them. Sadly :'( , I cannot say that I am. I had to Wiki and <_<|google| my way around the net to find out all of the names and I am still one short(or at least half, maybe :-?? ) So if any one can help out when necessary I would much appreciate it.

Here are the names I have, in rows from the top left going right:
      Top row: Galius-Zed, Torquemada, Vid(?)
      Next row: Apros, Chaselon, Stel, Tomar-Re, Larvox, Bzzt(tiny, did anyone notice?)
      bottom row: Green Man, AA, Amanita, Ch'p, Salaak, Kilowog
   I updated the picture with Torquemada and Vid(?). I need help with the name of the lizard, I have one issue of Ion were Torquemada refers to him as Vid but, I think it might be short for something, if anyone knows I would appreciate it.  :thumbsup: I also updated some shading on Galius-Zed and gave Ch'p his bow-tie.
   I usually update this thread more like a blog and, I appreciate not being bumped up and merged all the time(might have something to do with my huge messages :-@ . I usually don't post my sprites throughout the thread but, since I named all the guys I thought it might be easier for you to have the picture right there to go along with the names. As I update the picture though I might have to edit this post and take it down because I am not going to keep putting the same picture up as I add one or two characters to it at a time.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 01:57:17 AM »
Those came out really great. Any chance we could see each sprite separately.?

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2009, 03:15:16 AM »
I would like to see that Salaak guy just by himself
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline fer619

• Angry Bird
  • Contributor
  • Last Login:May 18, 2014, 09:32:23 PM
  • ANGRY BIRDZ GONNA DESTROY DEM PIGZ!
    • fer619's Hideout
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 02:36:22 PM »

wow  :o

that's some good spriting, sir
(click to show/hide)

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2009, 04:25:51 PM »
   Thanks for the praises guys :-[ , I am not sure if I want to separate them I like the collage aspect and, I don't want anyone to take and use these anywhere else. I would be thrilled if someone asked me to help make a stage or something though :-" . If there are any individual GL's you want to see in particular, I might be willing to PM you as long as I don't see them being used without permission these are not open source you know [-X . I already offered to help out on the Kilowog WIP by amarillo002 I don't want these guys out of my hands or control.
   Just get in touch with me here or by PM and let me know reasons, I am not an unreasonable guy. :w00t:

Offline amarillo002

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 23, 2021, 09:34:10 AM
  • In brightest day...
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2009, 10:27:05 PM »
that saalak looks amazing...and i specially liked you kilowog head and colors ;)

nice work man
 %%- with your projects

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power...
Green Lantern's light!

Offline spiderclone

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 25, 2018, 06:44:04 AM
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2009, 08:15:52 AM »
green lantyern corps is perfect, now i wanna reread sinestr o war
justice is best served in death

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • I have the power.
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2009, 03:23:29 AM »
   Finally the overlord of evil has come to life by my hands, well sort of. After a looong time of not doing any spriting I had done a couple Poison Ivy sprites in response to the Poison Ivy WIP thread. I didn't update this then because I had posted those sprites in that thread they should be there. But here they are anyways just to add to this update. One is my interpretation of Jim Lee Style and a very quick Alex Ross style from Justice.

On to the real update, I have finally made a Skeletor sprite. I made him really so I could create an Avi over at CVG, but since I have this so-called gallery here I thought I would post the straight-up sprite here I hope it is pleasing to your eyes, It was not easy to make.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar