collapse

Author Topic: Super Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes v. 4.6  (Read 19760 times)

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
Re: Super Marvel vs. Capcom: Eternity of Heroes v. 4.6
« Reply #275 on: March 02, 2010, 11:02:35 AM »
Are you sure we are ready for this kind of epicness!?
 @^@

No one can be ready, but try to prepare yourself as best as you possibly can  ;D

Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sessamu

• The next Generation
  • Last Login:October 23, 2010, 09:46:07 PM
  • "Never show mercy in the blink of an eye."
« Reply #276 on: March 21, 2010, 04:31:29 PM »
 :O*D so is this finally working now or what..did they get the bugs out of it yet?

"Your truth lacks strength-and in your error, your hesitation, lies death"-Sean finishing lines 2010
"So if i pound your skull into the floor will that get to the heart of the matter?"-Sean finishing lines 2010

Offline Near

• Contributor
  • Last Login:June 01, 2018, 09:00:45 AM
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2010, 04:26:59 PM »
what bugs?
Sorry for my poor english but i'm italian... :P

Offline novasod

• Contributor
  • Last Login:December 30, 2017, 08:29:00 PM
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2010, 10:55:32 PM »
what bugs?

For those not in the know, the build of MvC:EoH that's currently available to the public has bugs up the wazoo. Everything ranging from the weird, to the highly annoying, such as certain projectiles being repeatable for an infinite, (TIGER SHOT! TIGER SHOT! TIGER SHOT!) as well as the same normal being used over and over again in a row. (Most Shotokans: F+LP,F+LP, rinse and repeat.) And then there were the inconsistencies in the graphical effects, with a good example being that Captain America had the MvC2 jump effect, whereas Zangief had the X-Men one. To top all of this off, the throw commands weren't entirely unified. One character threw by going up close and pressing F+HP. Another did so by pushing two buttons together. And there was probably a load of other stuff I didn't even mention.

So, yeah, there are a ton of bugs. ???
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:08:44 AM by novasod »

Offline Space (DCL)

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 28, 2024, 10:32:37 AM
  • If you see this, I'm alive!
« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2010, 11:10:02 PM »
I guess everyone who was participating in this project forgot to test a LOT for bugs and glitches ect. ect. on all their characters...as well as use the exact same effects...and have the same button layout...man this is gonna get a little or not too confusing...

I'd recommend two button grab command: F/B+2P/2K
This is an opinion but I always use this command for grabs.

Some characters get coded really quick without testing them over and over. I always test out my character constantly to make sure everything is nice, and works properly (until someone else finds a bug/glitch). Just look how Gambit, Roll, and Sakura turned out. Time and Patience is all that is required...and a couple of sodas if you plan to stay up late (never doin' that again...)
(click to show/hide)
zzz...I'm top tier...screw you Doom and Wesker...zzz

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #280 on: April 18, 2010, 12:18:58 AM »
Well you see, a big problem is that in the current build, there are around 90 characters (!) already, and there will probably be over 100 in the next build. (:o)  Now, another project which also has a lot of characters doesn't have so many bugs of EoH's caliber, namely King of Fighters Zillion, which is because the characters were made by a select few individuals who work closely together, and their KOFZ characters were created specifically for KOFZ, whereas EoH's characters were made by quite a few creators, and a lot of these characters weren't first created specifically for EoH. And finally, KOFZ only adds a small amount of characters per update, 5-10 usually, while EoH adds characters in large chunks, so there isn't as much time to check all of these characters properly. The EoH team seems to want a large roster of characters, but what good is such a size if many of the characters are bug-ridden? ???

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #281 on: April 19, 2010, 12:01:56 PM »
KOFZ is a great game, but it only has like... what, 45 characters so far? Although I haven't played it much besides remedial testing, a YouTube search shows bugs for KOFZ as well. You should take note, in creating KOFZ the authors didn't need to create thousands of new sprites to create completely new Mugen characters such as you'll find in Infinity based projects. I don't want to diminish the accomplishments of Mugen China because I think KOFZ is a really strong game and I look forward to future releases as well but we're not comparing the same thing here.

There is no denying that the project has some real game play bugs in it, such as infinities, but it is still a fun and functional game. We made a decision to release the game every year (twice or thrice in some years) despite it's imperfections and allow a community full of Mugen users to help us test this behemoth and as a group we get to work towards a better product. It's up to each hobbyist to decide if they want to be part of the process or not.

Now, for DarkCypherLucas to say that the creators have "forgotten" to test or simply sped through the creation process is incorrect. This game project was a huge learning process for all of us, most of us had never made Mugen content before and over the last 3 years we have been able to sharpen our skills through this experience. What we have learned is already being applied to our other future game project but the mistakes that were made along the way require a lot of work to clean up since we've being moving at full speed since day one. That's just the way it is.

Offline B-5

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 02, 2022, 10:28:59 AM
« Reply #282 on: April 19, 2010, 02:50:40 PM »
Is EOH finished?

Offline novasod

• Contributor
« Reply #283 on: April 19, 2010, 03:17:23 PM »
KOFZ is a great game, but it only has like... what, 45 characters so far? Although I haven't played it much besides remedial testing, a YouTube search shows bugs for KOFZ as well. You should take note, in creating KOFZ the authors didn't need to create thousands of new sprites to create completely new Mugen characters such as you'll find in Infinity based projects. I don't want to diminish the accomplishments of Mugen China because I think KOFZ is a really strong game and I look forward to future releases as well but we're not comparing the same thing here.

There is no denying that the project has some real game play bugs in it, such as infinities, but it is still a fun and functional game. We made a decision to release the game every year (twice or thrice in some years) despite it's imperfections and allow a community full of Mugen users to help us test this behemoth and as a group we get to work towards a better product. It's up to each hobbyist to decide if they want to be part of the process or not.

Now, for DarkCypherLucas to say that the creators have "forgotten" to test or simply sped through the creation process is incorrect. This game project was a huge learning process for all of us, most of us had never made Mugen content before and over the last 3 years we have been able to sharpen our skills through this experience. What we have learned is already being applied to our other future game project but the mistakes that were made along the way require a lot of work to clean up since we've being moving at full speed since day one. That's just the way it is.

I understand, It's alright. ^__^

(PS: I'm not trying to prove a point or anything, but I just thought I'd point out that KOFZ currently has 79 characters and 20+ EX characters. But don't take it the wrong way. I'm just pointing that out. I understand what you're saying. No hard feelings?)

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #284 on: April 19, 2010, 04:27:35 PM »
Oh, I missed the 79 chars version, I'll have to check it out as well. And no hard feelings, I thought your post was well put.

Edit: And... looking for the most current version of KOFZ, I see that they have been at it since 2001 at least, so they have an easy 6 year hear start over EoH.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

Classic VS : Athena by ELECTRO
[May 10, 2024, 02:44:09 PM]

Ballroom Hallway (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[May 09, 2024, 11:53:48 AM]

Neon Light Force Demo by kyoman
[May 08, 2024, 12:50:05 PM]

D2TD VS Showcase Thread by D2TD
[May 05, 2024, 10:08:50 AM]

Lasombra's IKEMEN Go Interactive Stages' WIP Topic and Releases by Lasombra Demon
[April 21, 2024, 12:09:20 PM]

Ultimate E. Honda + stage by ELECTRO
[April 18, 2024, 09:47:24 PM]

Sunset Beach (1.1 Only/AIGS) by Vegaz by LightFlare
[April 16, 2024, 06:55:00 PM]

Wonder Twins 2.0 by brucewayne74, Shining and Skhsato123 by brucewayne74
[April 05, 2024, 06:07:48 PM]

X-Men Training Room (Bright & Dark) Stage 1.1 & 1.0 by MatreroG
[April 05, 2024, 10:55:29 AM]

[WIP] Pocket Dimensional Clash 2 by O Ilusionista
[April 01, 2024, 11:03:03 PM]

* IMT Calendar