collapse

Author Topic: Logan (wolverine)  (Read 4086 times)

Offline angeljerry

• Last Login:October 30, 2011, 05:47:25 PM
Logan (wolverine)
« on: May 13, 2010, 01:27:45 AM »
I like to share this wip, the only thing i did was to take the wolverine character from the infinity mugen team and remake the sprites, here is the result. the charactere ist almost done but I tinhk before i can released I need the permision of the creator of this wolverine and the creator of Kon-el (cause i used kon el legs for the sprites), right? :-??

Stand pose

intro

Win pose

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
Re: Logan (wolverine)
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
Wait a second... Did you have permission from the creator to do that?

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:Today at 07:32:11 AM
  • "Create the Un-Creatable"
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2010, 11:00:58 AM »
to do what? release? if he want to make sprites, you can't stop him, and i say go for it, it helps to have practice and experience to sprite, but if he want to release the character then yes he'll need permission from Seth Zankuthen & Titan Goku for kon-el, and whoever you see in the def. file as the author for wolverine, might be an issue because of the coding of the character, but i'm sure they won't be too troubled by it, after all this is just a sprite edit,
but yes always get permission before releasing characters due the hard work every creator goes through

Offline animaraz

• Mis Wips
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:November 05, 2018, 10:31:42 AM
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 11:30:49 AM »
These permits are always headaches! I had problems when relase Hydra Ichi and froze completely the possible relase of Sunfire Why? is assumed that Mugen it should be a platform to share and have fun. But neither is shared or funny. :-??

Esos permisos siempre dan dolores de cabeza!!! Tuve problemas cuando lance a Hidra Ichi y congelaron totalmente el posible lanzamiento de Sunfire ¿Por que? Se supone que el mugen deberia ser una plataforma para compartir y divertirnos. Pero ni se comparte ni se divierte. :-??

Offline Acey

• Infinity Administrator
  • Last Login:December 05, 2022, 10:43:15 PM
  • "Victory means nothing, the fight is everything."
    • Infinity Wiki - Acey
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »
I believe Mugen should be a joint project and shared, but not everyone thinks that way and it is rude to impose our beliefs on others. Traditionally we have seen creators get upset because their sprites or code was repurposed and reused without any reference to the original work, or even notifying the original creator. Also there are some people who will go and just change one small thing and call it a whole new character, ignoring all the effort made by the original creator.

With this in mind we strongly encourage all creators who with use make something dirived from someone elses work to go get permission first.

As for your Wolverine sprites, please continue the character. He looks great. As for the Kon-El sprites, you can contact the creators at www.scruffydragon.com

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2010, 12:21:27 PM »
Personally I don't like the stance. It doesn't really feel like the character.

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2010, 12:50:40 PM »
ah well put, no wonder your the admin ^^(PM)^

p.s. on a side note why is there another need for a wolverine jeez there a so many characters out there without any creators  :w00t:

i see one more ryu edit and it's punishing time

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2010, 01:54:55 PM »
Pretty much when it comes right down to it. Edit what you'd like for single edits only without asking around for permission. That stands for right here, some people do have a problem with that.

However, since this is in the WIP section too, you cannot edit someone else's work that isn't open source without their permission to make a full character.

That being said, IMO I don't think you'll be getting permission to use these sprites for your character. Not saying don't try, just letting you know you probably won't get it. One thing you could try though, is finding Slotman who made a Kon-El also that might work for this too. I think there's a good chance he'll let you use his stuff if you can get in contact with him.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline volzzilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2010, 04:31:51 PM »
i tried asking slotman about finishing vision once. we talked a little about whatever then when i asked, he got quiet and didn't answer follow up messages.

in short, odds of getting permission there probably worse. though he's been out of mugen now for awhile and someone did edit his kingpin without worrying about whatever from him.
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline B-5

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 02, 2022, 10:28:59 AM
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2010, 06:44:46 PM »
His stance looks a little stiff. But i see what your trying to do.

Offline Superjoker

• Infinity Sprite Artist
  • Last Login:November 11, 2019, 10:01:54 PM
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2010, 08:49:47 PM »
Just give credit man

you cant stop ppl from ''borrowing'' work, or just keep it private, imagine how many awesome chars are out there we will never know about :(

Offline elee0031

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:53:32 PM
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2010, 10:03:13 PM »
Did everyone call up the original creators from the Marvel vs. Capcom and all the vs game out there? Cause Cyclops, Ryu and all of the other characters were rips from the original game and recoded with new stuff. So I can't imagine someone calling up the Capcom company asking to use a trademark character and a  creators design for a FREE independent gamers on-line community mugen universe game. I'd be too busy laughing at the caller on the other end of the line.

Don't get me wrong, I think you should be able to modify and branch off of people's work to create something new and totally unique, and sometimes different. The rules need to apply when someone doesn't finish up their work and leave it open for anyone else to pick it up. It's true that it would be disrespectful to only change 1 or 2 things and re-release a character as your own. Then there are those people who just up and leave the mugen universe and you won't be able to contact them in regards to using piece's of their work. Sooo  o.O# 

Offline B-5

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:November 02, 2022, 10:28:59 AM
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2010, 10:09:44 PM »
Thats so true

Offline elee0031

• Initiate
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2010, 10:31:35 PM »
Forgot to add that the Logan winning pose should've stopped with him and his hands on his hip. Everything after with his arms up in the air and the big LOL or whatever just looks really weird. Cause Logan doesn't really laugh - he's serious the majority of the time. Correct me if I'm wrong!

Offline Vault-tec Rep Høröúßøí

• Vault-tec rep and part time
  • Infinity Graphic Designer
  • Last Login:May 17, 2022, 03:49:32 AM
  • Hello, i would like to welcome you to vault IMT...
    • Hollow_boy
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2010, 11:01:26 PM »
Forgot to add that the Logan winning pose should've stopped with him and his hands on his hip. Everything after with his arms up in the air and the big LOL or whatever just looks really weird. Cause Logan doesn't really laugh - he's serious the majority of the time. Correct me if I'm wrong!

actually, it could be a war cry type of deal.... or him just going blood crazy  >:D

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2010, 12:23:35 AM »
Did everyone call up the original creators from the Marvel vs. Capcom and all the vs game out there? Cause Cyclops, Ryu and all of the other characters were rips from the original game and recoded with new stuff. So I can't imagine someone calling up the Capcom company asking to use a trademark character and a  creators design for a FREE independent gamers on-line community mugen universe game. I'd be too busy laughing at the caller on the other end of the line.

Don't get me wrong, I think you should be able to modify and branch off of people's work to create something new and totally unique, and sometimes different. The rules need to apply when someone doesn't finish up their work and leave it open for anyone else to pick it up. It's true that it would be disrespectful to only change 1 or 2 things and re-release a character as your own. Then there are those people who just up and leave the mugen universe and you won't be able to contact them in regards to using piece's of their work. Sooo  o.O# 

This is the age old discussion that can never be won. Yes we all borrow from Capcom, SNK, or another company.

But yet the individual creator feels they are above Capcom & their stuff shouldn't be used, since they didn't get paid to make it & their sprites were a lot of hard work for just the love of all this.

What's right or wrong, I couldn't even answer anymore  :-??
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2010, 12:57:58 AM »
Wait, I remember a long while back there was a topic about Capcom/SNK and the like saying they didn't mind Mugen chars being made or their work being edited as they saw it as a form of fan art. As long as no profit was being made, of course.

So, with that being said, technically, everyone got the green light to use sprite rips and edit them as they please. Now, if you wanna edit the work of these companies, feel free. Since you're taking sprites from creators that spent hours upon hours making these out of their free time and editing them, tell me, where's your permission from them.?

Either deal with the rules that are applied through out the community when it comes to getting permission if needed or move on. That simple, really.

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2010, 05:43:54 PM »
This is the age old discussion that can never be won. Yes we all borrow from Capcom, SNK, or another company.

then we are no better than the people we complain about when they ask if the need or try to get permission, i think it is sad that there is so many creators that cannot release characters due to the peer pressure of these sites (as wonderful as they are) the collective influence is bias on plagiarism, but we rip off the original godfathers of spriting makers of capcom, and snk (hether they were payed or not)
i think we have forgotten why we are even editing/playing/enjoying mugen
the answer is creativity not credit or ownership, or whinging if your released/unreleased character had borrowed sprites/coding from it,
i think we are all guilty of breaking the rules @ some point, and i think we have no right to judge others on how they represent there hard work,
mugen rocks, this is all i have to say about it

Offline Kojunho

• Scruffy squire and an
  • Infinity Faithful
  • Last Login:February 08, 2021, 07:27:27 PM
  • Yeah, I'm backs.
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2010, 05:57:21 PM »
I'm gonna apologize to you now but you can't use Kon-El's sprites in your WIP. Lots of scratchwork and many hours went into it and TG and Seth would like for you to not use their work. I can however give you the bases and you can instead edit those yourselves, which were a mix between Cody and Charlie's legs. Hopefully this doesn't discourage you.
-.-

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »
then we are no better than the people we complain about when they ask if the need or try to get permission, i think it is sad that there is so many creators that cannot release characters due to the peer pressure of these sites (as wonderful as they are) the collective influence is bias on plagiarism, but we rip off the original godfathers of spriting makers of capcom, and snk (hether they were payed or not)
i think we have forgotten why we are even editing/playing/enjoying mugen
the answer is creativity not credit or ownership, or whinging if your released/unreleased character had borrowed sprites/coding from it,
i think we are all guilty of breaking the rules @ some point, and i think we have no right to judge others on how they represent there hard work,
mugen rocks, this is all i have to say about it
You must have skipped my previous post, huh.? Everyone feels differently about this, that's why there are rules. Just like with anything else. If someone is cool with sharing and letting others make unoriginal characters with all the hard work they put into making their character unique, that's fine. If someone spent all this time working on something they wanted and made them truly unique and decide not to let their work be open source, then respect the work. It's really that simple.

The people that are usually against this are the people that just play and collect "rare mugenz", that's it. When it comes to spriters especially, people that put in hours upon hours to make something stand out in a character, they tend to understand this ten times over. If you have a problem following these simple rules, then don't create, period. It's not like these people can't find the same bases and re-make whatever they originally wanted to take.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Arkady

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2010, 06:33:34 PM »
You must have skipped my previous post, huh.? Everyone feels differently about this, that's why there are rules. Just like with anything else. If someone is cool with sharing and letting others make unoriginal characters with all the hard work they put into making their character unique, that's fine. If someone spent all this time working on something they wanted and made them truly unique and decide not to let their work be open source, then respect the work. It's really that simple.

The people that are usually against this are the people that just play and collect "rare mugenz", that's it. When it comes to spriters especially, people that put in hours upon hours to make something stand out in a character, they tend to understand this ten times over. If you have a problem following these simple rules, then don't create, period. It's not like these people can't find the same bases and re-make whatever they originally wanted to take.

i have no problem with the rulez, i'm not against them, i'm just not happy with the lack of sharing, because there is too much red tape preventing creators to continue their work as creative as they can be, and if that is someone who gets upset everytime there is something that looks like their character, or has one snipit of coding from their own, then i just suggest not releasing a character, if they want it their own, if they don't want it in anyone eles's game, if they don't assume some knob will try and make a version/update better than theirs, as demmeaning as it sounds,then don't release it, no one owns these characters, but marvel, dc, snk capcom ...whatever(probably all disney now ;*))) but i do solemly agree with what your saying, this is what should be doing = everyone starting from scratch, and sharing ideas, but not everyone has the time to built every nock and cranny, but geez doesn't it get de-motovating when you can't even borrow a pair of jeans jeez :(
but in saying all that respect is the key here and there is a lot of that missing
and i do respect your work guys ^:)^
hope this has not detered your view on what i had previously meant, i'm just seeing this from both sides, (being a rookie creator aswell)

Offline amarillo002

• Initiate
  • Last Login:March 23, 2021, 09:34:10 AM
  • In brightest day...
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2010, 06:50:55 PM »
i have no problem with the rulez, i'm not against them, i'm just not happy with the lack of sharing, because there is too much red tape preventing creators to continue their work as creative as they can be, and if that is someone who gets upset everytime there is something that looks like their character, or has one snipit of coding from their own, then i just suggest not releasing a character, if they want it their own, if they don't want it in anyone eles's game, if they don't assume some knob will try and make a version/update better than theirs, as demmeaning as it sounds,then don't release it, no one owns these characters, but marvel, dc, snk capcom ...whatever(probably all disney now ;*))) but i do solemly agree with what your saying, this is what should be doing = everyone starting from scratch, and sharing ideas, but not everyone has the time to built every nock and cranny, but geez doesn't it get de-motovating when you can't even borrow a pair of jeans jeez :(
but in saying all that respect is the key here and there is a lot of that missing
and i do respect your work guys ^:)^
hope this has not detered your view on what i had previously meant, i'm just seeing this from both sides, (being a rookie creator aswell)

look... we can all creat from the capcom/snk/mortal kombat/whatever... because they aprove the use of they work as a fan art... but when you are trying to use someones work you need to have their permission...

just like i do with my Kilowog WIP... i work from capcom's Zangief sprites but i had permission to get ideas of some shades form rhino's sprites made by batzarro...

im a rookie spriter too but these are very simple rules to follow...
and almost everyone is open to help you improve your work
just keep trying

In brightest day, in blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight.
Let those who worship evil's might, Beware my power...
Green Lantern's light!

Offline ZVitor

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 01, 2024, 07:22:36 PM
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2010, 08:10:25 PM »
noobs and rules :) i know that felling....
if they don't assume some knob will try and make a version/update better than theirs,
problem is opposite, newbs making bads updates, if some1 really want to improve my chars lets talk about that, and if everyone release a minor update to everychar, how we will know the best/last version? and about respect too, how u tink we feel when we see a nude emma frost edit? (no, its not a joke )
but its not a update, u are making a new char using sprites from others creators, and i tink u are using anvil (or loganir leaked) head too, follow rules here is optional, if u follow rules you can post in any mugen forum around and get help to improve this char, and trust me, this is a hard work and feedback help a lot in process, if u not follow rules u can post/show your chars in fews underground forums, and host him in warehouses webpages, so respect others effort and your skills will improve with community help.
if u want a good example, just look ex-team spoilres members, they started like mugen pirates, and now all (or almost) respect this rules.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2010, 08:15:30 PM by zvitor »

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2010, 09:16:59 PM »
You said there's a lot of red tape preventing creators from creating.? That can't possibly be true though with all these great creations we've seen in the past 2-3 years (70% Zvitor's work XD). You're talking about more or less the people that wanna take short cuts. If someone really has the desire and will to make something, they'll find a way. Not just wait to see who's work they can rip off.

It pretty much now comes down to either you get the rules from the get go or you probably never really will. If you become a dedicated spriter though, you will eventually get this.

When it comes to my work personally, I make a lot of single edits. Pretty much all my single edits are open source as long as they ask is all. Anything put into a full character isn't open source as I want my stuff to be as unique as possible. Sometimes I do make exceptions to help fellow creators that I know could use it. Every spriter/coder does have their own view on the matter though.

if u want a good example, just look ex-team spoilres members, they started like mugen pirates, and now all (or almost) respect this rules.
Not a good example actually. >.< That was a bum rap we got from the beginning for a reason I'll never really get. We never released characters using other people's work (unless it was Open Source stuff used). I'll admit there were a few private edits passed within the team but NEVER released or given out to anyone else. Aside from that though, just people trying to discredit us at the time, I suppose.

Though, Ex-Mugen Pirate does have a good ring to it. XD

(click to show/hide)

Offline elee0031

• Initiate
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2010, 11:08:52 PM »
Are we still talking about this? Wow... Um.....

LOL! at the nude Emma Frost! Technically it counts as a new character from the neck down cause the whole body has to be resprited and coded, etc, etc. It'll have the same moves and animation only with the nude sprites. Now this would porbably fall under FAN ART as nude characters are an acquired taste.

My suggestion is to go after a street fighter character with jeans like um maybe Gile and just color it all black or something. There's also people from KOF like Billy Kane i think his name is. Anyway you can look into that and just use them if you don't get your permission.

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 [29] 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal