collapse

Author Topic: Poison Ivy by Dead-X and .Batzarro.  (Read 18911 times)

Offline darksynth0

• Silence
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:March 14, 2013, 10:28:11 AM
  • Silence Is Golden
Re: Poison Ivy by Dead-X and .Batzarro.
« Reply #75 on: October 10, 2009, 06:22:26 PM »
don't want to be harsh, but can you give me this wip to play with it? just sick of poison ivy can't wait to try her out man...

TomBewley

« Reply #76 on: October 10, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
don't want to be harsh, but can you give me this wip to play with it? just sick of poison ivy can't wait to try her out man...

Short answer......no.
Long answer......no

You will get her when the public does i.e. when she is done.

I thank you for the support but have some patience

Offline ATiC3

• Cryomancer
  • MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 04, 2024, 12:00:37 AM
  • "Why not fight for Earthrealm?"
    • My Creations
« Reply #77 on: October 10, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »
really? Because all of us are waiting for the release too... sit tight and be patient... :rules:

Offline darksynth0

• Silence
  • Initiate
  • Last Login:March 14, 2013, 10:28:11 AM
  • Silence Is Golden
« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2009, 04:09:56 PM »
Oh, okay, sure thing guys.
I just started to think it's left for the best times, so this is only reason I've asked you for this.
Thanks for the reply, now I will sit down and start waiting again )
And hey, I've saw some pretty interesting plant-stuff sprites in Arcane Heart character named Kamui , I think this sprites might be useful to you mate.

Hope we will celebrate the release very soon! Can't wait for this...

Offline noboy504

• Last Login:November 16, 2018, 10:21:20 PM
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: October 20, 2009, 01:24:20 PM »
enjoying the show :O*D

Offline elee0031

• Initiate
  • Last Login:July 04, 2011, 09:53:32 PM
« Reply #80 on: October 20, 2009, 03:17:00 PM »
If I can wait for supergirl, you can wait for Ivy!  >:D      :P

Offline DukeNukem 2417

• Initiate
  • Last Login:June 03, 2021, 09:23:56 AM
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2009, 12:18:37 PM »
If I can wait for supergirl, you can wait for Ivy!  >:D      :P

Amen to that, elee0031, amen to that.   :w00t:

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
  • I have the power.
« Reply #82 on: November 08, 2009, 08:24:57 PM »

Here is a Jim Lee inspired costume in response to your request for opening sprites. Feel free to modify it as you see fit if something looks off about it.
   I don't know if this has been mentioned and I don't want to frustrate you but, you should look into Storms hair it has a much more wild feel to it.

TomBewley

« Reply #83 on: November 08, 2009, 08:54:54 PM »

Here is a Jim Lee inspired costume in response to your request for opening sprites. Feel free to modify it as you see fit if something looks off about it.
   I don't know if this has been mentioned and I don't want to frustrate you but, you should look into Storms hair it has a much more wild feel to it.

No that is a nice sprite....if only all mine looked like that! Haha, you've really made me want to go over all her sprites and try to copy that style!

I'm also curious as to whose legs you used for that sprite?

I like the Storm's hair idea, and I mean really like it. I may look into that a bit more, but seeing as how far the sprites are along this may prove difficult, plus it'll involve some more scratch work due to the length.

But damn man, that is some nice stuff.......hmmmm, check your PM

Offline Danoartist

• Initiate
  • Last Login:December 23, 2022, 11:58:55 PM
  • I have the power.
« Reply #84 on: November 08, 2009, 09:21:40 PM »

Here is a quick Alex Ross Justice style, quick because all you have to do is put the ivy vines on it.

To answer your question about the legs, not to discourage you but your anatomy is off slightly, the bottom part of the leg you did is a little thick. The Jim Lee one I did I first tried adjusting it but, then used a reference photo and redid some from scratch. I adjusted the left breast(on the right) too yours hangs a little too low for her to have her arms up. Also the underarm that we see, I adjusted so it comes off of the breast to the shoulder and defines the bottom of the arm.

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:April 26, 2024, 02:34:14 PM
« Reply #85 on: November 08, 2009, 09:24:06 PM »
Man, that Jim Lee inspired version looks great. Lee's version looked great and is one of my favorite designs of hers, but Chris Bachalo's was my favorite (even though she was blond). Planning on spriting her sometime soon to see how well it comes out.

In any case, X, I'd keep going with the Ivy design you got now and finish her. If you still really want this design, you can save it 'til once you're done and that way people could choose their preferred design (if not keep both, I know I wouldn't pass that up). :)

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline A New Challenger

• The Unlimited
  • Last Login:March 07, 2013, 01:24:44 PM
    • The Unlimited
    • Email
« Reply #86 on: November 09, 2009, 09:15:52 AM »
I totally disagree with Storm's hair - it's so volumized she'd look like a southern mom. Plus much less original. All the same, these into pieces are golden. Nice stuff - and they'd work with that flower pod idea I mentioned to you.

我的名字是軍隊,為了我們是許多。

TomBewley

« Reply #87 on: February 09, 2010, 10:31:31 PM »
Necrobump!!  :rules:  :P

I know it's been quite some time since I lasted posted anything regarding Ivy, and she was supposed to be a lot further along than she is. However real life happens, but I'm back now.

Just thought I'd show her new and final look. Nothing exciting in terms of screens though, as nothing is coded apart from a few basics.

Along with the palette separation that she uses in order to create a variety of looks, both classic and modern.

E.g. (just some quick ones, some are keepers, some are not)

And yes, Ivy does seem to have quite a firm stomach, but that is the way that Jim Lee drew her, and with this new look she does have quite a Jim Lee vibe to it (plus classic elements such as the gloves and boots)

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2010, 03:54:24 AM »
Me likey the new look. The palettes are pretty cool too. Hell, even the smart pal colors look good. =P

We stopped checking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside of us.
(click to show/hide)

Offline warecus

• Infinity Regular
  • Last Login:January 22, 2023, 01:28:41 AM
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2010, 05:55:37 PM »
looks great  I like the firm stomach I've been trying to acheive that with scarlet witch since I first saw yours.  keep up the good work.  and some don't like the face plants but I say keep those too

Offline AncientBehemoth999

• Initiate
  • Last Login:October 30, 2023, 01:51:42 PM
    • Email
« Reply #90 on: February 18, 2010, 08:04:55 AM »
a nice improvement! congrats man :thumbsup:

TomBewley

« Reply #91 on: February 20, 2010, 08:56:40 AM »
Click on the link if you want to see how I sprite Ivy, as well as a small tutorial on how I actually sprite.

http://www.infinitymugenteam.com/Forum_345/index.php?topic=28688.0

Me likey the new look. The palettes are pretty cool too. Hell, even the smart pal colors look good. =P

I'm glad! I like to think she's come quite some way since you started her and what was originally planned. Couldn't have done it without you, so thanks.

looks great  I like the firm stomach I've been trying to acheive that with scarlet witch since I first saw yours.  keep up the good work.  and some don't like the face plants but I say keep those too

Ivy's all about the abs :cool
It's just a case of looking at other characters, such as Marrow. I used her as an initial method to getting a firm stomach. Yeah the vines on her face are staying, I quite like the Jim Lee vibe she has. Plus it makes her more in touch with nature!

Offline HyperVoiceActing

• Mugen Voice Actor
  • IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:June 18, 2022, 11:16:39 PM
  • It GLOWS!
« Reply #92 on: March 21, 2010, 08:44:42 PM »
Good job here. I can't wait to get it. My mugen is sorely needing some good Batman villains. Only ones I got are your partner's Ivy and Scruffydragon's Joker

TomBewley

« Reply #93 on: May 15, 2010, 11:43:19 AM »
Ok guys, I have a huge issue here. Sent my computer on for repairs last week as it was basically completely ruined. Got told he would back my data up and do a clean install. I got my clean install however not all my files were saved. The only two folders that were backed up and put back on my PC were my music and my Uni work. So that means I've lost all my Mugen stuff including sprites. I'm really ticked off about the whole thing! :(

So here is my dilema. Do I restart Ivy? If so I'd probably tackle her in a different manner mind, probably a more modern look. But I did lose over 250 sprites of her. I'm just not sure if I want to go through it all again. Well I guess it teaches me a lesson for not backing up my harddrive....

Annoyingly I also lost a few other things I was working on that included a possible future project. Not sure I have the motivation now to redo things.

Offline Alexziq

• Infinite Loyalist
  • Last Login:November 10, 2017, 01:10:16 PM
    • Email
« Reply #94 on: May 15, 2010, 12:07:40 PM »
Ok guys, I have a huge issue here. Sent my computer on for repairs last week as it was basically completely ruined. Got told he would back my data up and do a clean install. I got my clean install however not all my files were saved. The only two folders that were backed up and put back on my PC were my music and my Uni work. So that means I've lost all my Mugen stuff including sprites. I'm really ticked off about the whole thing! :(

So here is my dilema. Do I restart Ivy? If so I'd probably tackle her in a different manner mind, probably a more modern look. But I did lose over 250 sprites of her. I'm just not sure if I want to go through it all again. Well I guess it teaches me a lesson for not backing up my harddrive....

Annoyingly I also lost a few other things I was working on that included a possible future project. Not sure I have the motivation now to redo things.

Have you thought about contacting esn, and maybe coming up with a design you both like? Having he, and yin help you could make a big difference. Esn takes his time, and doesnt rush things so you guys would certainly have time to get Ivy off the ground. I am sure some stuff posted online could help add to the reboot.

I know thats a big loss, but were willing to help if you still have the desire. Maybe take a few days to let it set in and see how you feel.

Offline volzzilla

• MUGEN Content Architect
  • Last Login:February 03, 2024, 11:29:19 AM
  • MMV - http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/
    • The Mugen Multiverse
« Reply #95 on: May 15, 2010, 12:16:34 PM »
so sorry that happened to you. question, i know you showed something to buyog for parasite support. any chance you sent him everything or was it just conceptual talk?
Please visit a DC/Marvel centered Mugen Community at: http://mugenmultiverse.forumotion.com/

Offline .Batzarro.

• IMT Content Architect
« Reply #96 on: May 15, 2010, 12:40:49 PM »
I know how that feels, though probably not to that extent. You lost a hell of a lot more work then I did. Can't say how bad that sucks.

As for restarting Ivy, that's on you. I'd personally understand if you just said screw it and moved on to another character. If you do decide to restart Ivy though, I'd love to do a few concepts going back and forth with you to see what look might work this time around. PM me if you're interested.

(click to show/hide)

Offline Spidermew

• IMT Content Architect
  • Last Login:January 16, 2024, 10:15:50 PM
  • Wubba lubba dub-dub
    • Skype - spidermew@aol.com
    • SpiderMew's House of Stuff
    • Email
« Reply #97 on: May 15, 2010, 12:45:31 PM »
Dude that really sucks. I dont know what i would do if i lost all my work.

TomBewley

« Reply #98 on: May 15, 2010, 12:49:50 PM »
Well I do want to do a Poison Ivy character, she is one of my favourites after all. Otherwise I would just move on. Once I reinstall all my programmes etc then I'll have a play around Batz and send you a few things.

I am annoyed that I was told l my files would be backed up when half of them clearly weren't! But at least my PC is working again I guess and some of my files are safe.  

Offline DARKTALBAIN

• " STAR "
  • Global Moderator (out of the office)
  • Last Login:March 15, 2011, 07:49:36 PM
  • Anyone have some pound cake?
    • Infinitywiki DARKTALBAIN'S page
« Reply #99 on: May 15, 2010, 01:12:02 PM »
Hey DX, maybe you should talk to this Dead X guy & see if he has any sprites since it was his WIP to begin with
 :DxDie

All kidding aside

Been there, gone through it & gave up on remaking all those sprites for the character.

I would definitely understand if you gave up. Good luck with whatever you decide
Quote from: Scar
Mugen, some choose to create and some choose to criticize.^-^

(click to show/hide)

Tags:

* IMT Facebook

Help us by Donating!

IMT Discord

Join us at our Discord! Click the image below!

* IMT Shoutbox

Sorry, this shoutbox does not exist.

* Recent Posts

* IMT Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal